The subtle difference between "suggestion" and "request"

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

The subtle difference between "suggestion" and "request"

Postby ragnar » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:39 am

It always baffles me how often, and how shamelessly, the purpose of this one forum is abused by some people. Because, come on, there's a not-even-so-subtle difference between "I think this idea is pretty good, I wish I had the time and/or skills to realize it myself! Maybe some other people with different talents might be interested in it and it could help create new contents for this community!" and "Hey, somebody should draw the very specific scene I like for free, that would be neat!". Can you tell the difference?

As an artist that tries both to contribute to the portal with free art, and to get at least a little money from commissioned works, I find it quite ... I don't know, offending? Unpleasant? Selfish? ... how some people try to pass off their requests as suggestions. "We really need to see more of the predator I like eating the prey I like in the way I prefer, don't you agree? Feel free to use this idea, no charge, no time limits! Teehee!"

I mean, COME ON, several good artists here DO accept requests! For free! If you're not even willing to put the little effort to find such artists and contact them, why should someone put hours of effort into drawing your damn scene?
This forum CAN be used in a very constructive way for the community, so don't waste its potential with such lazy, selfish requests. I personally check this forum quite often hoping to find some ACTUAL inspiration, but most of the time the attitude I find is just off-putting, if not straightly infuriating.

Have some respects for those who use their time and hard-earned abilities to contribute to the galleries with their pictures and stories, instead of just pretending them to do stuff for you.

Please note that this - admittedly quite harsh - message is not aimed at everyone that uses this forum. There are several good examples too! There is people here that actually propose ideas, try to organize projects, etcetera.
ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Suggestion & inspiration