Developing a vore tabletop RPG system (Looking for feedback)

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

Developing a vore tabletop RPG system (Looking for feedback)

Postby kernac » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Greetings.

For a while now I've been thinking about developing my very own tabletop RPG system. I've also wanted to run a vorish tabletop style game for a long time but I was too timid and unsure of myself to really talk about it. So now I've decided to come out and see who would be interested and maybe get a discussion going on the finer points of the system I had in mind for it.

The system: Basically what I had in mind was a d12 system. Its simple, you roll a d12, add your bonus and then compare it to the difficulty class (DC) to see if you succeed or not. The more difficult something is, the higher the DC you have to beat. If you beat the DC by 5 points or more you get a super success, if you beat it by 10 points or more then you get a mega success ( I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but I couldn't think of how else I could call this X3 ) This also works if you're rolling against an opponent, if you beat him by 5 or more point you get a SS, if you beat him by 10 points or more you get a MS. Exp: If you're attacking someone with a weapon, you roll your attack against his defense, if you get a SS that means you deal extra damage and potentially stun or stagger your opponent, a MS means even more damage! On the opposite end if someone successfully defends with a SS or a MS that means he can counter-attack and potentially deal a lot of damage to you. In a vorish situation, getting a SS or MS on an opposed grapple check could mean you swallowing your opponent much quicker.

A character would have 13 basic attributes:

Agility
Awareness
Constitution
Cunning
Deception
Fighting
Knowledge
Marksmanship
Persuasion
Spellcasting
Stealth
Strength
Willpower

For pretty much anything you would just roll a d12 and add your attribute bonus. Ex: If your strength is +4 you would simply roll a d12+4 for grapple or anything related to strength.

There would be no class, it would be a point buy system. You would start with a pool of point you could spend to increase each attribute individually. Your scores would range from 0 to 6 in most cases, with anything above 6 being extremely strong. You could also spend your points to get feats or spells, each feat or spell would need to be bought individually and would have varying cost. Your HP would be determined by your size and your constitution score, your mana by your Knowledge, Spellcasting and Willpower score. Your movement speed would be derived from your agility. Athletic stuff like climbing or swiming would be determined by either your agility or your strength.

So that's my system idea so far... its only a rough draft and still needs a lot more work but you get the basic idea.

I'm also still unsure of the setting... I was thinking of maybe have a world where humans and anthros coexist, it would be generic fantasy stuff beside that with maybe a bit of steampunk thrown into it... what do you think?

So yeah I want to know who would be interested in joining such a game, and also if anyone has some idea for the system or the setting in general. If enough people are interested then I will continue to work on it and hopefully maybe we would have a game sometimes.

Also, for those who would suggest to do a vore game with an already established system: For me working on the system is part of the fun and it would really make the experience much better for me if I was using my own system.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Re: Developing a vore tabletop RPG system (Looking for feedb

Postby Radijs » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Like you said it's a rough draft, and there's not really all that much to comment on. I can't see any balance issues, or any gaping holes in the mechanics because, most of these don't exist yet.

I do have a few questions:
What are you trying to do with the system? It seems like you're getting a lot of your inspiration from Mutants and masterminds which is very rules lite and tries to capture the atmosphere of comic book superheroes. But the addition of a lot of diffrent things you have to buy suggest you're looking for something crunchier, leaning towards a more D&D like tactical system.

You briefly mentioned a setting, do you want your rules to tie in with the setting? Exalted for example has the rules pretty closely woven in to the way the setting works. Are you aiming for something like that? Or are you developing your system & setting separately?

And finally, do you need a new system? It's important to know why you're doing this. Do you think there's a market for this? Not just in the context of selling stuff. But are you and others asking 'well I wish there was a vore-specific RPG system. I could really use that'?
And if that question's beign asked, is developing something from scratch the way to go? Or would it be less work to adapt something that already exists? A 'hack' as you will. Which kind of ties in with the first question, what are you trying to do with the system?
Radijs
---

Return to Suggestion & inspiration