D&D 3.5 Vore Supplement

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

D&D 3.5 Vore Supplement

Postby ShamelessWriter » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Hey there! With how popular RP, and TRPGs are, and the other rule sets I've seen specifically for 5e, and other TRPG systems. It's been on my mind to go about trying to make one for a system that I personally am comfortable with/have material for.

Been currently messing with a rule set on the back-burner for the time being, but outside input is nice, what kinds of mechanics/"playstyles" would you like to see in this? And would you potentially be up to help playtest/tinker with said game/RP?
ShamelessWriter
Been posting for a bit

Re: D&D 3.5 Vore Supplement

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:56 am

Really, there's not all that much you need to add to 3.5 or any D&D version that requires much in the way of additional rules; D&D is already quite "vore-friendly", what with its swallow whole attacks and actual canonical spells like hungry gizzard and bite of the king from the Spell Compendium, great worm of the earth from the Complete Mage, and even two clerical domains from the Spell Compendium, Gluttony and Hunger. This doesn’t even take into account summoning spells and the many kinky uses of polymorph and shapeshift. Admittedly, adding same-size vore would require extensive house rules, but I don't really like same-size vore, so I never bothered with that.

While I don't actually run vore D&D games based on it, my own setting of Āen, used in my stories in my gallery here on Eka's (Tales of a Visceral Voyager and Other Stories of Āen, is based on a home-grown non-vore D&D 3.5 setting I do run games in. Since I like digestion but dislike fatality (true resurrection spells are so expensive, and the prey misses out on the most of the experience), I developed magic that would make soft vore survivable and more fun—at least for me. This magic, including full spell and magic item descriptions for D&D 3.5, can be found in “The Magic of Āen”.

Likewise, I have a beastiary of soft vore predators, “Voracious Beasts and Where to Find Them on Āen”. This is not a true Monster Manual, merely a discussion of what monsters can do soft vore, although not all have Swallow Whole attacks, which is a specific combat ability. For example, giant constrictor snakes, like all snakes, can swallow meals whole, but don't get the Swallow Whole attack because they can't do it in combat—they usually kill their prey first and can take minutes or hours to swallow it. Still, they can be had as druid animal companions or affected by druid awaken spells to make them sentient and have human speech, and 15th level or higher druids can wild shape into them, making them much more likely soft vore predators, even if the target has to be rendered unconscious or otherwise helpless. They could choose (or be trained) to do nonlethal damage with constrict attacks, or pin their meals in grapples.

Anyway, I offer all that by way of example.
Last edited by IvesBentonEaton on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShamelessWriter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:15 am

IvesBentonEaton wrote:Really, there's not all that much you need to add to 3.5 or any D&D version that requires much in the way of additional rules; D&D is already quite "vore-friendly", what with its swallow whole attacks and actual canonical spells like hungry gizzard and bite of the king from the Spell Compendium, great worm of the earth from the Complete Mage, and even two clerical domains from the Spell Compendium, Gluttony and Hunger. This doesn’t even take into account summoning spells and the many kinky uses of polymorph and shapeshift. Admittedly, adding same-size vore would require extensive house rules, but I don't really like same-size vore, so I never bothered with that.

While I don't actually run vore D&D games based on it, my own setting of Āen, used in my stories in my gallery here on Eka's (Tales of a Visceral Voyager and Other Stories of Āen, is based on a home-grown non-vore D&D 3.5 setting I do run games in. Since I like digestion but dislike fatality (true resurrection spells are so expensive, and the prey misses out on the most of the experience), I developed magic that would make soft vore survivable and more fun—at least for me. This magic, including full spell and magic item descriptions for D&D 3.5, can be found in “The Magic of Āen”.

Likewise, I have a bestiary of soft vore predators, “Voracious Beasts and Where to Find Them on Āen”. (This is not a true Monster Manual, merely a discussion of what monsters can do soft vore, although not all have Swallow Whole attacks, which is a specific combat ability. For example, giant constrictor snakes, like all snakes, can swallow meals whole, but don't get the Swallow Whole attack because they can't do it in combat—they usually kill their prey first and can take minutes or hours to swallow it. Still, they can be had as druid animal companions or affected by druid awaken spells to make them sentient and have human speech, and 15th level or higher druids can wild shape into them, making them much more likely soft vore predators, even if the target has to be rendered unconscious or otherwise helpless. They could choose (or be trained) to do nonlethal damage with constrict attacks, or pin their meals in grapples.

Anyway, I offer all that by way of example.

Thanks for the in-depth reply!

The "Swallow Whole" rules and the other mechanics that go into it like said spells and other methods that could be modified; otherwise homebrewed into being more vore-themed are plentiful as they are fun. Wildshape druids, and just the occasional predator that takes on a more monstrous form do have plenty of appeal, and they definitely don't require much tinkering to fit into a more magical-realm based setting. Considering the various sizes said predators can take on too, most monsters with the feat would be able to gulp down a would-be PC, and it works out more than well enough. Thanks for the bestiary for reference, and it'll be good to have on hand for when the non-humanoid preds can take center-stage!

More or less looking for more same-size oriented rules however, as that's just something that I'm looking for more in a vore-based setting however. Or at least rules that can benefit a more humanoid pred anyways. Didn't know that Clerics had their own domains other than Hunger, so having some casters involved in some noms will be fun to be presented as an option. Anyways, will be posting more same-size oriented rules here soon, along with the various feats/flaws that would make it clear on the magical-realm nature of the campaign.

Gonna be fun reading through the stories you posted, thanks for sharing and responding!
ShamelessWriter
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:27 am

I don't mind humanoid predators, it just requires more magic to make it work. Fortunately, that magic has already been developed under 3.5: enlarge person for the predator, reduce person for the prey, both followed by permanency spells on both (otherwise your predator will explode when either spell expires), with an amorphous form spell on the prey so that one can get it down the otherwise too-narrow esophagus of the predator. Note that the amorphous form spell only works on a willing subject, so you would have to fool the victim into accepting it. (Putting it in a potion slipped to the prey seems to be the best way to do that; it meets the requirements for enchanting it into a potion.)

Even with all that, while a humanoid stomach might hold the prey under these circumstances, it would be hard pressed to digest it before it rotted with fatal and unpleasant consequences. Fortunately, a wasteform spell on the prey eases that difficulty, with an air bubble spell to keep the prey from suffocating in the stomach first. These latter two spells are detailed in “The Magic of Āen”. (I don't know if death cancels the permanent reduce person spell, but it's not something you want to leave to experimentation—at least, not if you are the predator.)

Admittedly, this is still not same-size, but it's as close as I am comfortable making it.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Suggestion & inspiration