This site seriously needs a rating system for content.

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

This site seriously needs a rating system for content.

Postby Zerg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:10 pm

There is so much content on this site and im not going to name names but there are quite a few stories or artwork that are just garbage. Artwork that looks like a 4 year old drew it or a story that's posted with less than 50 words. We need way to reward quality artists and writers so that their work sticks out in a sea of trash.
Zerg
Been posting for a bit

Re: This site seriously needs a rating system for content.

Postby Randomdude5 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Sturgeon's law: 90% of everything is crap. While I agree that we have a lot of crap and a rating system would be good in theory people have different preferences and that would make a non biased rating system hard to have.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Actually, Sturgeon's Law is "Nothing is always absolutely so." What you're referring to is Sturgeon's Revelation.

My take on Sturgeon's Revelation is that even the crap serves a purpose. Someone might look at it and say, "This is crap. I can do better." Then he or she does just that. I state this as the corollary to Sturgeon's Revelation, "From crap flowers may grow."
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BlackWidow552 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:05 am

As someone that likes to write, it is difficult to know what you are writing is what people want, since there is often little to no feedback. With such a limited response it is no wonder that some just do the bare minimum, because why put in lots of effort if no one can be bothered to comment. You also can't try and improve if no one lets you know where you could or give you advise on how to make it better.

There are some that do but they are usually the same ones. I've tried to expand my own writing adding in more descriptions and trying to create a sense of atmosphere, but I don't know if that is too much or just not wanted.

I sometimes get the feeling all people want is a story "The young woman, walked into the darkened room, suddenly a creature lashed out and took hold of her. With a gnashing of teeth it tore the flesh right off her bones and devoured her entirely, her young tender flesh nourishing its body. Leaving the blood splattered room, the creature went off in search of another tasty young human female to enjoy."

And that's about it. I could probably expand that same story into about 7 to 10 thousands words, but is that what people here want? I don't know because few actually say anything.

I myself and guilty of not proving any feedback, because I don't really have any confidence in my writing skill, I just write when I get an idea and go with it. Almost all of my stuff is underage so you probably haven't read any from me.

But I've seen many good artists on here with some truly quality work, many even asking for feedback, yet the comments below remain empty. I know this is somewhat considered a taboo subject, especially underage, so people of don't speak up, they like me tend to lurk in the background.
BlackWidow552
Participator

Postby KittyBoi » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Well, that's just the inherent result of a website that caters towards people with a shared set of interests rather than a specific artist's community. No matter where you go, there's going to be content that is done inadequately to expectations. But most of it is done out of a legitimate interest to feed content back. A good number of people who are inspired to produce content do so as a direct result of seeing content they enjoy. Even if they can't emulate the skill or detail that those who inspired them had, it's beneficial for the site to accept content like that specifically because it can either inspire people to create art with the expectation of surpassing it, or even show them that all levels of skill are appreciated and accepted.

God knows that my earliest stories don't live up to my current standards, and the stories I do right now may not live up to my later ones. Everyone starts somewhere, and I think that a "rating system" like that would damage the potential for new content and new creators. I know that if I had posted things and immediately been rated, my ethic to continue sharing would have been diminished, if not damaged entirely. We have a favorites system and I think that meets that purpose suitably. Everyone must start as Amateurs before they can develop beyond that.
It's not hard to be greedy... a little bit of overindulgence goes a very long way.

Feel free to support me: https://subscribestar.adult/kittyboi
KittyBoi
Somewhat familiar

Return to Suggestion & inspiration