Concept: Giant Preds as Living Ships/Mechs for smaller prey

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

Concept: Giant Preds as Living Ships/Mechs for smaller prey

Postby TSaPA » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:18 am

Apologies if the title may be a bit misleading since this idea is kinda more "endo" than "vore" proper so I'm not sure how much the whole "pred/prey" concept really applies, but nevertheless:

What are your thoughts on the idea of larger creatures acting as living mechs or ships to be piloted from within by smaller creatures they ingest? How this plays out could vary- it could be like that one anime where the jet-dragons just swallow their "pilots" who then guide their otherwise unintelligent dragon from within; the lifeform in question could be biomechanical in some way, its interior modified to host a number of systems and facilities to allow it to be controlled and staffed by its crew without compromising it's life functions; or perhaps there's just some TARDIS-like discrepancy between interior and exterior where the inside is a fully functioning artificial vessel that you board by letting the kaiju-sized monstergirl exterior swallow you or something.

A key part of this idea to set it apart from just generic "living ships" is that the creature in question is clearly and recognizably alive- it's not just a biological machine, it is a living thing with its own (limited) intelligence subservient to its crew it cares for and that care for it in turn. She appreciates being petted or scratched or receiving other such gestures of physical affection from its crew. She gets bored if forced to dock in place for too long and may prefer to wander off while its crew are away. She has her own instincts that may cause her to disobey commands or keep her crew inside her where she feels she can protect them from some outside threat they aren't adequately prepared for. She gets into certain moods that require the crew to board her through a specific point of entry- ahem.

So yeah, basically a vore/endo twist on the concept of a living ship or mecha. Any thoughts or examples on the idea?
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Re: Concept: Giant Preds as Living Ships/Mechs for smaller p

Postby Birichino » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 pm

It's an idea I've always liked. I think some of the art for those gijinka gacha games has made allusions to the idea, and Frakass has plane-girls, but I don't think I've ever seen actual "piloting".
Oh, and I think Impact from Mystical Ninja is boarded via the mouth.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby TSaPA » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 am

Birichino wrote:It's an idea I've always liked. I think some of the art for those gijinka gacha games has made allusions to the idea, and Frakass has plane-girls, but I don't think I've ever seen actual "piloting".

Yeah I've seen some of those; so far most things I've seen close to this basically amount to the "vehicle" in question being a creature that just swallows the "passengers" and deposits them at their destination, otherwise being a regular example of non-fatal vore.

Though now I'm getting a bit of an example of a "living ship" to use for a possible story of my own if I had the time to write it- might need to think how many crew she would need though.
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby HeinousSaurus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm

This is a concept I've been considering for a while now, with the central idea being a pred with a symbiotic relationship with a slime(girl?). I would assume that something made of fluid or jelly would be susceptible to drying out and other environmental issues (it has no barrier between it and the outside), to whatever esoteric weaponry the setting has, and probably isn't very personally strong. However, it's acidic and can completely digest stuff without the need for having a complex intestine and blood flow and the production of acids, etc. So lets say your pred swallows one. The slime now moves faster, can get hold of a greater variety of food items, and is insulated from the environment. The pred can have atrophied digestive tracts and not spend energy/blood flow on the process, instead absorbing nutrients directly from what the slime breaks down for it. And if your slime is intelligent, it can also disgorge it in order to flush prey out of whatever hole its hiding in. I think I may take this forwards into a story at some point; would be interesting.
HeinousSaurus
Been posting for a bit

Postby TSaPA » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:48 am

HeinousSaurus wrote:This is a concept I've been considering for a while now, with the central idea being a pred with a symbiotic relationship with a slime(girl?). I would assume that something made of fluid or jelly would be susceptible to drying out and other environmental issues (it has no barrier between it and the outside), to whatever esoteric weaponry the setting has, and probably isn't very personally strong. However, it's acidic and can completely digest stuff without the need for having a complex intestine and blood flow and the production of acids, etc. So lets say your pred swallows one. The slime now moves faster, can get hold of a greater variety of food items, and is insulated from the environment. The pred can have atrophied digestive tracts and not spend energy/blood flow on the process, instead absorbing nutrients directly from what the slime breaks down for it. And if your slime is intelligent, it can also disgorge it in order to flush prey out of whatever hole its hiding in. I think I may take this forwards into a story at some point; would be interesting.

First thing I thought of was "So a Symbiote from Spiderman, except from the inside?

Second thing I thought of was that cliche of bosses in videogames having terrifying, monstrous forms only to open their mouths and have a beautiful half-naked woman come out and start talking as if that's the creature's "real" body and consequent weak point.

Third thing I thought of were cool symbiosis dynamics with a feral pred-creature and a sentient slime-girl- the former being primarily adapting for speed and strength and durability while the slime-girl offers guidance and higher intelligence, rapid digestion to keep up with the monstrous "pred"'s enormous caloric intake requirements that its own digestive tract couldn't support without basically hibernating between meals, and her own fluidity and sapeshifting basically allowing her to serve as an all-purpose polymorphic "tongue" that can function as any limb the pred needs to solve a problem and/or source of acid projectiles for ranged hunting. I pictured the life-cycle of the pred-creature, born small and relatively weak (if hardy) and needing to be fed by excess nutrient fluids from the parent's slime-pilot until they grow big enough that they need to find a slime-pilot of their own or risk starvation. Perhaps instead they go into a torpor, sitting motionless with their mouths agape waiting for their slime-pilot to happen upon them, their biological functions all but ceasing entirely as they wait for a slime's offering of nutrients to revive them into grateful servitude.

Final thought was "Actually yeah, that does sound pretty awesome."
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby Birichino » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:40 pm

TSaPA wrote:
Birichino wrote:It's an idea I've always liked. I think some of the art for those gijinka gacha games has made allusions to the idea, and Frakass has plane-girls, but I don't think I've ever seen actual "piloting".

Yeah I've seen some of those; so far most things I've seen close to this basically amount to the "vehicle" in question being a creature that just swallows the "passengers" and deposits them at their destination, otherwise being a regular example of non-fatal vore.

Though now I'm getting a bit of an example of a "living ship" to use for a possible story of my own if I had the time to write it- might need to think how many crew she would need though.

It's less a ship and more the second coming of Whamon, but the villain in Generator Rex makes a dramatic entrance in the mouth of a flying whale-like monsters that seems to obey his will. There could be something useful in there. But a creature would only need a single pilot, unless you're supplementing.

I do kind of like the idea of workers in the stomach steadily tossing rations into the stomach to assure it's used efficiently, or a cleanup crew removing lactic acid from the muscles to improve stamina.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby TSaPA » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:43 am

Birichino wrote:
TSaPA wrote:

It's less a ship and more the second coming of Whamon, but the villain in Generator Rex makes a dramatic entrance in the mouth of a flying whale-like monsters that seems to obey his will. There could be something useful in there. But a creature would only need a single pilot, unless you're supplementing.

I do kind of like the idea of workers in the stomach steadily tossing rations into the stomach to assure it's used efficiently, or a cleanup crew removing lactic acid from the muscles to improve stamina.

Ok yeah, I kinda see your point; I guess half the appeal of living ships is biology replaces the need for crew in most instances, so strictly speaking yes one would only need a pilot to give it direction and maybe a chief medical officer/mechanic/veterinarian to help see to its well-being, though if one goes the cybernetics/biotech implants route one could make allowances for gunners operating integrated weapons not naturally part of the ship's biology (letting the ship itself control these is possible, but letting individual gunners control each one is likely more efficient/more accurate) and general maintenance crews helping to supplement its natural biological processes like you said with the controlled stomach crew or the muscle cleansing/repair teams, to say nothing of assisting in healing and immune responses.

Still though, with the pilot and possibly medical officer/team being the only "essential" crew for the living ship that just leaves room for the remaining crew to be mission-focused rather than ship-focused. The ship can mostly take care of itself, the crew are just along for the ride, literally in this case.
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redicicle » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:59 pm

Perhaps a non-sentient or wild pred that can be tamed from inside but may or may not end up digesting the crew?
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TSaPA » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:47 am

Redicicle wrote:Perhaps a non-sentient or wild pred that can be tamed from inside but may or may not end up digesting the crew?

Just make sure the stomach and intestines are OSHA-compliant and everything should be fine.
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redicicle » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:17 am

I quite like the idea of some asteroid hopping bioship that's semi-tamed by the crew and has a very playful but sometimes mischievous demeanor that might occasionally result in crewmembers' nutrients being repurposed, or for that matter the entire crew waking up in the medical bay/reproductive system/whatever after the bioship spent a week trying to sort out what's left of them from the rest of the half digested goo.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Redicicle » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:20 am

Another possibility is a bioship that creates it's crew from the medical bay/reproductive organs and reabsorbs them by digesting them alive when not needed. Maybe even unwillingly, but of course they don't know that since the backup of their minds is right before it digests them.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TSaPA » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:11 am

Ooh hadn't thought much about using the pred/ship's reproductive system to clone digested crew. Here I was imagining the uterus being used as a hangar for shuttlecraft and/or offspring that can act as scouts or probes for their mother.
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redicicle » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:35 am

TSaPA wrote:Ooh hadn't thought much about using the pred/ship's reproductive system to clone digested crew. Here I was imagining the uterus being used as a hangar for shuttlecraft and/or offspring that can act as scouts or probes for their mother.

Yeah I was thinking both. A benefit of the bioship is that a sufficiently advanced one can make both crew and missiles/bouys/probes/smallcraft.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Suggestion & inspiration