Chill Bane if it was a game, check my page for lore setting

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

Chill Bane if it was a game, check my page for lore setting

Postby 4thedegen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:13 am

4 here, I will be taking place as the writer and director for the concept of the game. I am looking to make a humorous and kinda satirical game with some story and lore context that still has online combat. And plus there will be of course a story mode. Are you disappointed about it not being mainly about vore? Don't worry Chap, vore can be brought into it but only as a DLC as the base game will still be for teens and plus if the DLC is bought then there will be scenarios where you can choose vore.

"Before you go ewwwww, do I really have to buy dlc just to jerk myself off to fictional characters?" As funny as that is no, the DLC will be free and only obtainable through means of the ekas portal platform however you will obtain a password you will have to enter to access the DLC on the game which will always have to be booted when you want to boot the DLC on the game. It's basically a way to keep funny stupid kids who'll be playing the base game out of the fetish and plus Vore DLC game mode for online will be exclusive to of course the DLC and will not be visible on the base game. And any details on an dlc person's account about the vore dlc will also not be available to those who don't have the dlc. Now onto the non pesky details.
Please contact me if you are someone interested in assisting.
Last edited by 4thedegen on Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
4thedegen
New to the forum

Postby zvwm » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:45 pm

The problem I see is you are asking other people to make an ambitious online game for zero compensation. Most vore games that people make for free are passion projects and I have yet to see anyone bother with the additional headache of online combat (literally orders of magnitude more work). Do you envision this as a text game? Because adding graphics easily triples the work involved. Furthermore you are asking to integrate DLC, have you seen a single game on Eka's with DLC? That's a whole other hassle, besides if it's hosted on Eka's what's the point of downloading the vore separately (as if that's so easy to do?)

Everyone has ideas, but very few have the motivation to follow them through to a working prototype. Are you willing to learn how to program this on your own? (It comes at the cost of all your free time!) If against all odds you make a working prototype and show you mean business, well then you might find someone who wants to carry it forward but if all you have is some grand idea, who in their right mind would spend 500+ hours of their life doing all this hard work for you (when anyone with these talents could make their own game instead?)

Of course, if you can afford to pay a living wage that's a different story :wink:
Last edited by zvwm on Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zvwm
New to the forum

Re: Yrying to get people for a project. Kinda snow splatoon

Postby FutureBellyAche » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:34 pm

Yeah. This is overly ambitious and seemingly the wrong place for this. I doubt you'll get many people willing to help you. Especially with a typo in the first word of the title.

If you have ideas, do your best to make something of them yourself. If people respect what you've done, they'll be willing to help out.

Honestly this almost feels like bait of some kind.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Re:

Postby umakeisee » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:39 pm

zvwm wrote:Furthermore you are asking to integrate DLC, have you seen a single game on Eka's with DLC? That's a whole other hassle, besides if it's hosted on Eka's Portal what's the point of downloading the vore separately (as if that's so easy to do?)

Vore Days had DLC. It was a bit of a headache to implement, because you essentially had to manually replace the script files. A lot of people had trouble with it. I ended up posting a pre-patched version for Real Zikik so it wouldn't be an issue.

The main point though is that this post is your typical "Idea Man" comment, just given its own thread. Essentially, you have brought a script to the table. Anyone can do that. The quality will obviously vary, but anyone who can make a post on Eka's can throw together a concept to pitch. You aren't providing art, music, presumably servers, or even a suggested engine to build it on.

Game development is not easy. I've been working on vore games for over a year now. Even something as simple as modding an existing visual novel in RenPy takes dozens of hours of free time. I had to figure out most of the engine on my own. I've experimented in other engines I later realized I had no interest in using. I have gotten a lot of help by reaching out to other creators to ask how they do different things in their games. I've even talked a fan of mine into making his own content, and now we are making a game together. That's how games are made here. Through throwing yourself into a project you are passionate about and figuring things out as you go.

The first step should never be asking others to do the work for you.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Re:

Postby 4thedegen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:51 pm

Team members wouldn't be doing all the work and in fact, being a writer and director is actually a strong part of the video game industry.
4thedegen
New to the forum

Re:

Postby 4thedegen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:52 pm

Obviously I will pay people who get involved but u see your point as I did make a mistake
4thedegen
New to the forum

Re: Yrying to get people for a project. Kinda snow splatoon

Postby 4thedegen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:53 pm

I'll be something of a writer and director for the game, which of course is highly important but I see what you're getting at.
4thedegen
New to the forum

Re: Essentially a snow splatoon, trying to get folks to help

Postby 4thedegen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Also by the way, since it's not the right place for me to actually try to do that and there's no where else to try to get employees for the project. And I'm also not that motivated to do it anymore for reasons outside of the reasonable criticism gifted. And so it will no longer truly be planned to be a game, however I will re-upload the setting as a story and leave it at that.
4thedegen
New to the forum

Re: Essentially a snow splatoon, trying to get folks to help

Postby umakeisee » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:17 am

4thedegen wrote:it will no longer truly be planned to be a game, however I will re-upload the setting as a story and leave it at that.

That's a good idea. I hope it goes well.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Suggestion & inspiration