Seeking Partners for Producing New Vore Game

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

Seeking Partners for Producing New Vore Game

Postby BradRepko » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:29 pm

Ok, everybody, as I was toggling idea's for my latest and greatest RP character, Pixel (see characters database), a new idea popped into my mind; this would make a great game! In some ways, it might seem somewhat familiar to Kirby and Mega Man, absorbing traits and abilities from defeated enemies, and I'll be the first to admit, the idea is nothing new or original, but if you want to compare it to something, think Digimon season 3, where skills were held in the cards to add to the Digimon's powers. That is just a comparison example, however, there is much more to it than that.

Make no mistake, this is a vore game, you have to swallow and digest enemies to gain traits and skills from them, while also avoiding being digested yourself. However, the general concept would have to be worked on first, a system of battle and experience, before working on the sexier aspects of the game. For that, I will need help, people who understand programming and computer code, as well as artists, and additional script writers, to make this vision of mine a reality. For all intents and purposes, credit for the production of the game would not go to me, as I am not concerned about taking substantial credit for the making of this game. I just want to see my vision of this game made reality, and for that, I will need help. I will now continue description of the game idea, so you who wish to help can determine whether or not you wish to partake in this production.

For now, I will consider that the main character would be Pixel, though that will likely change, maybe to the extent to multiple choices of starting characters like Duamutef's VRPG. The game would be either a 2-d platform, side scroller type game, like Mario and Sonic, or an angled overhead view like Zelda, Pokemon, or Duamutef's VRPG. The game will have experience and levels like role playing games that you can build up over time, but the battle system would not be menu based like many rpg's, nor a dynamic battle like Tales of Symphonia. Battling will probably be, in many regards, like a more advanced version of Duam's VRPG, and if I could get Duamutef involved in this project, that would be great. As your character gains experience, new skills may become available, some of which can be leveled up as well. Though the character can strengthen many of her natural abilities and skills, the concept behind the game isn't to focus on building up her natural skills. Digesting enemies will allow you to inherit certain traits and abilities that they posses, some of them which would be purely decorative at first. However, inherited skills can also be leveled up and strengthened over time as you gain experience and use them. For example, let's say you inherit bat wings; at irst, they can just be used hover in the air for a few moments, perhaps to help dodge an attack, but as you level up the bat wings, they will grow bigger and become more developed, taking an appearance closer to demon wings (think Amanda). These upgraded wings may allow you to hover longer, or outright fly, and as built up even more, to attack, and ultimately, an alternate means of the digestion and absorbtion of your enemies (again, think Amanda). Enhancing inherited abilities and matching the ability to the situation will be a big part of the game. Since you will have a limit to how many inherited traits you can have equipped at a time, and what types can be mixed, incorporating which one's you use and at what times is both a matter of personal preference, playing style, and necessity. Abilities you inherit from digested enemies will be permanently stored for you to use, and you can store an unlimited number of abilities, equipping your inherited abilities is what will have restrictions. (of course, this game is at the brainstorming stages, so that may very well change in time) What is required to absorb abilities and traits, as well as how they are enhanced and the various limiters and restrictions on them will be worked out as the game's production continues.

Hopefully, the talented and skilled people required to make this game a reality will work on this game to make it a reality, and I will need someone (or several someones) to direct and orchestrate the development of the game, as explaining my idea's are not my strong point, I'm better at tinkering and setting up my idea's, then having people interpret the idea and make suggestions and the like, and I really don't want to be an authority figure in the production, because it is a large responsability and I don't want to turn into a real jackass about it, either. As the game gets more set into the dynamics of the games workings, more people will be able to contribute and lend their abilities and idea's to the game, much like the individual helpers with Duam's Cartovore 2. I really hope this game idea takes off and that people will step forward to make this game a reality, and that it will become a fun and respectable testament to the vore community.
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Vore game? I'm in!

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:54 pm

I'm in. Just need to grab a chunk of time now...
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Ill help in anyway possible

Postby razorbacknod » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:38 pm

Sure I'll help in any way I can just ask. :)
razorbacknod
---

Postby BradRepko » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:40 pm

Here's some idea's I'm thinking of:

Anthro Foxgirl
Foxtail trait

Foxtail Trait
level 1- No special effects
level 2- Speed +1
level 3- *Tailwhip skill, Speed +2
level 4- Speed +2, Magic +1
level 5- Tailskills +1, Speed +2, Magic +1
level 6- Firetail ability, Tailskills +1, Speed +2, Magic +1
level 7- Firetail ability, Tailskills +1, Speed +3, Magic +1
level 8- Firetail ability, Tailskills +2, Speed +3, Magic +1
level 9- Firetail ability, Tailskills +2, Speed +3, Magic +2
level 10- *Tail Storm skill,Firetail ability, Tailskills +3, Speed +4, Magic +3

Tailwhip skill
A basic tail attack
level 1- Power 30
level 2- Power 50
level 3- Power 65
level 4- Power 85
level 5- Power 100 Stun 10%

Firetail ability
Your tail generates an aura of fire
level 1- Tail skills do an addition 30 fire damage
level 2- Tail skills gain the fire attribute
level 3- Tail skills are enhanced with the power of fire.

Basically, this table gives you an idea of what I'm thinking of. These stats and descriptions are just examples, but digesting enemies can get you skills, abilities, and traits. I'm thinking of grouping these into three groups; primary, inherited, and acquired. Inherited would be those that were taken from digested monsters, acquired are those learned by other means (items, trait level ups) and primary occur naturally based on your character. The game would be heavily stat oriented, much like VRPG, but increases puts more emphasis on eating and digesting your enemies. How all these stats relate to each other and modify your character will be a complex part of the project, and can be discussed in time. Digesting opponents powers you up, increases what you can do, and modifies your appearance, so it is a key factor within the game. I would like to get both Taito and Duamutef involved in this project, as some of these ideas are hodge podged features of their games, or are similar in aspect to elements of their games. Although, rethinking it a bit, this couldall be made into a neat vore roleplay system too. Any ideas? Oh, and take a look at my Pixel character to get a grasp of what I'm thinking of.
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Good Job

Postby razorbacknod » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 pm

It looks like you have all your bases coverd which is great so I can't wait to see what this is going to turn into. 8). Now are you going to use any of the monsters or characters form Duamutef's Glorious vore RPG?
razorbacknod
---

hells yeah

Postby acid_phoenix » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:48 pm

i'm an artist and an authority on videogames, in certain parts of ohio, i can help with background art character art and even give input on gameplay. So if you need me just say so my e-mail is [email protected] ... it's the one I use most.
acid_phoenix
Intermediate Vorarephile

Programmer here

Postby Zeus » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:54 pm

I'm a junior programmer with an interest in game programming (in my spare time). Have you chosen a language for this game yet?
Zeus
New to the forum

Postby VoreFriend » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:25 pm

I have done some homework on this because I would like to do a vore game if I could find the time. I would suggest you use Macromedia Director:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/director/
http://www.mediamacros.com/

Creating a game in Director is only a bit more then learning Flash and has a similar interface. If you use another route you will probably be learning C++ and will be doing your modeling in 3DMax.
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zeus » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:22 am

Well, it doesn't have to be 3D, and macromedia isn't an ideal base for games. animation is fine, but not for large programs with lots of processing like a game has.

Plus theres plenty of tutorials on how to make games in C++ or VB6, it's not impossible.
Zeus
New to the forum

Postby Requiem » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:11 pm

Have you considered Gamemaker?
"A solid beginning may lead to the perfect ending. Go for it!"--Charles Glover, Power Stone 2
Requiem
Three Pencil Style!
Three Pencil Style!

Postby Chrisis » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:23 pm

Amature artist with to much time signing up for your help. As far as it goes, are you planning to make the visual character alterations based on some algorithm (jack Jade Cocoons)? Are you thinking 2d or 3d? If every enemy you fight can be eaten and that alters your appearance, then you will need a huge amount of sprites (or you could follow the ideas of kirby and megaman; Kirby: You are only altered by your most recent meal, Megaman: You can only get visual alterations from bosses, will it just be uber easy pallete swaps? Are there going to be more then one possible playable character?
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Postby VoreFriend » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:02 am

Zeus wrote:Well, it doesn't have to be 3D, and macromedia isn't an ideal base for games. animation is fine, but not for large programs with lots of processing like a game has.

Plus theres plenty of tutorials on how to make games in C++ or VB6, it's not impossible.

You must be thinking of Flash. Macromedia Director is not Flash. It has its own engine and can do 3D or 2D. Do your homework before you take a dump on someone's idea.
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

GM

Postby Journeyman » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:29 am

Well, I'm an expert in GML (Gamemaker)... It's primarily intended for 2D games and a game on this scale would be monstrously strenuous for GM in 3D, but it can handle just about anything you throw at it in terms of sprite animations and simple collision detection.
So, if you end up choosing GM, let me know... I'm sure I can find a way to help.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dst3313 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:20 pm

I'd allow customization of the main character somewhat... obviously the most important native skill would be "swallow whole" - which itself might be levelable (starting out with being able to swallow only quite small things) - indeed the first "level" of the game may be spent just learning how to swallow well and acquiring XP in that skill. Burning/converting energy efficiently too... should the main character become steadily rounder, or maintain a relatively slim physique when all is said and done?

Using a skill should be what levels it up generally... although the demon wings example, perhaps swallowing things with that trait (you are what you eat) provides XP to that ability set too.

Would the main character grow larger/taller as the game progresses? Acquire resistance to digestion (presumably by digesting very difficult to digest creatures - slow go at first, but steadily better at resisting damage)? Acquire abilities to regurgitate (perhaps some sub-quest of smuggling someone in - have to act quick so you don't digest what you're smuggling lol) Have sidekicks/partners like in many RPGs?

Some generalized quest would have to culminate in the ultimate end-game... save the world by eating it? ;-P
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFriend » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:46 pm

Is this the GM you are talking about?

http://members.aol.com/AlStaff/GameMakerHelp.html

Looks like it is only for Mac, correct?
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Sorry

Postby Deathworks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:19 am

Hi!

I would love to help, but I know I would become a burden in the end. Therefore, I will not deceive you with an offer likely to fail.

But, seeing the discussion about engines, I would like to mention my favorite, as far as general programming is concerned: Kirikiri

The good thing about Kirikiri is that it is based on C++, so if you know the latter, you should be fine with Kirikiri. And you don't have to set up everything beforehand (that frustrated me with C++) and there doesn't seem to be the one line creates 300 error messages syndrom. It already supports layers and transition effects.

http://kikyou.info/tvp/

On the negative side, you may need to babel fish the documentation and usage of octet streams is rather vague.

Since you are planning to do an action game, you may also wish to have a look at ZGE. It seems quite capable and is designed for action games, although I have not really given it a try (I disliked the editor).

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nemojun/

Oh yeah, both are freeware (although there is a limitation on commercial use on ZGE).

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

woah

Postby Journeyman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:30 am

Is this the GM you are talking about?

http://members.aol.com/AlStaff/GameMakerHelp.html

Looks like it is only for Mac, correct?

Woah! Absolutely not!!!
www.gamemaker.nl
It's only for Windows, actually!!!
Wow, that's a major discrepancy there; The (very popular and better known) GameMaker I'm referring to uses DirectX, so, yeah--no Mac.
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: woah

Postby Jurodan » Sat May 20, 2006 5:23 pm

Sign me up. I'm more than willing to help, and I feel I can give some objective advice/storyline input, if you want. I also work in minor rpg game designs (nothing professional) but I might be able to help in that respect as well.
Busy giving humanity a bad rep.
Jurodan
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DarkYoshi » Sat May 20, 2006 9:30 pm

I've been making games for 7 years now.... Funny thing is, I have never thought of making a vore game... I don't use that crap Gamemaker or Macromedia... I use either CnC or Games Factory... PM me if you would like these programs. They are incredibly easy to use. Good for 2D side scrollers. I can make sprites for you and all that jazz... I think I'm actually gonna make a Vore game myself now...
I'm just hangin around
DarkYoshi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aki » Sun May 21, 2006 5:16 pm

your setting yourself up to fail,

most of that intorcutory paragraph was nothing but explaining about the cool nicknacks and ideas that are going to be plugged into the game,
vore theme story and plot, are all nice, but they are unimportant till you have an engine to build you game on

you need to start thinking alot more about how you want the game play to work, EXACTLY, that first post? something about the size of that describing all elements of play including menus, movement attacking, skill types (how they need to work, not what they do) items, environments, etc,

you cannot build a game on just a neet idea, it needs to have foundation,
Aki
Somewhat familiar

Return to Suggestion & inspiration