Merchant Quest 0.1.3a (Updated 9-7-2018)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Do any of these criticisms of the game resonate with you?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:07 am

The dialogue is too cold, it should be more personal
19%
There isn't enough story for me to get attached, there should be more
31%
NPC's don't have enough personality, there should be more
34%
I have some other concern with the game (please comment)
7%
I don't have any of these concerns
9%

Total votes : 58

Merchant Quest 0.1.3a (Updated 9-7-2018)

Postby Appo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:08 am

Welcome to Merchant Quest, a trading and vore game in early development.

Find the download link below.

0.1.3a
https://mega.nz/folder/kUwk0KRR#dTz5e6Q9FngLETpyi6DtDw

Primer
Spoiler: show
Context. There is a great focus on context in this game with the primary goal being to produce a context for the player.

All of the scenes in the game have at least some alternate version of their events. It may be one, a few lines, or the entire scene but it's very unlikely that you'll see an exact repeat of a scene. As opposed to events producing fixed and scripted outcomes there are many moving parts involved. Don't expect to see every combination or get every improbable event.

My recommendation is to play the game with the goal of surviving and making money and, hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy whatever outcome befalls you.

Game Themes
This game is very much inspired by Gulp Quest in terms of setting. Monster girls are voracious and have no moral consideration or concern for those they eat. They may have some justification, often relating to the perception that their meals are wrong to oppose being eaten, their own selfishness, or no justification at all.

Predators consider people to be both people and food, not just people, not just food.

In contrast humans are entirely opposed to being eaten and don't have a way or will to be predators. They want nothing to do with vore. Being eaten is a terrible thing in the minds of all humans. They may be temporarily confused about this but the reality is never pleasant.

The setting is also 'normal,' in the sense that eating occurs by the mouth through the usual method.

Male predators do not exist.

My Request:
I request that participants in this forum do not help others with solving the mechanisms of this game outside of discussing bugs. I prefer that discussions of strategies for the game occur elsewhere to protect the minds of people from your solutions to these challenges. I consider that a major aspect of enjoyment of this game is not knowing good methods of playing and acquiring them through play. Thank you in advance to those who respect this wish.

What you can expect:
Story elements will be very light in this game. Think Stardew Valley. You have a starting point, a goal, some tools to reach that goal, and then a lot of work to do.

You will not be given much more information about the content of this game beyond the introductory statements when you initiate the game.

There will very rarely be occasions when you can save your game. This is an intentional decision for cultivating the atmosphere of the game.

I have an interest to continue this game. You can expect that at some point this interest will disappear and so will I.

I will not be active in interacting on this forum except where constructively important to this project. Don't expect feedback or conversation.

I will however make efforts to read your advice, criticisms, compliments and other comments while not responding to them.

Future updates will include measures to prevent access to game files. It will be annoying for those who wish to peek under the hood.

What you can do:
Play around with the game any see what you enjoy. After that I'm interested to see your feedback and bug reports. Spelling errors are not so concerning and will be corrected gradually without my searching for them.

A rate limiting step in this project which will be approached eventually is my limited creativity. It will benefit the project if you supply good creative ideas to this forum in line with the goals of the game.

Statements in the vein of 'You should have a naga girl,' or 'It would be cool if that already existing character got a vore scene,' do not contribute to this project. What will advance this project are ideas relating to the flow of events, the motivation of characters/monsters, and the context where these events occur.

There are many instances where alternate versions of events or dialogue occur within the game. It's very easy to include these branches into scenes. Dialogue suggestions and ideas pertaining to alternate versions of events are welcome.

Warning
I will very much intentionally prevent compatibility between some versions of the game as it develops. Don't fear, there will not be significant blocks preventing you from accessing all the content of the game immediately upon reset.

For your own sake don't save during the week through means outside of the game. Eventually you'll find yourself with a dead end save. Saving at the end of the week is safe even if your character isn't.

Updates
0.1.3a
You now get three free tips from the trader. This should help massively with making money. This also incentivizes your choice of destination, something that will be useful in future.
Goods now have a much greater variance in value. This should help massively with making money.
Added auto-fight option for combat encounters
Minor bug fixes mostly relating to traveling merchant and alchemist
Changed the price of some items. Antidotes no longer cost the earth.
Added smoke bomb. Using this item causes you to automatically flee successfully.

One new moo-nster girl
Several new events added, mostly helpful
Major fix for moral (unconscious mercenaries were causing moral damage at the start of every fight)
Slight map adjustment
Mercenaries improved
Some extra dialogue sprinkled over other scenes (I don't advise searching for it, as always just enjoy whatever outcome you get)

0.1.2b
Mercenaries improved in many respects, mostly moral is increased
Roads made ~5% more safe

0.1.2a
Fixed a bug that made it impossible to keep 2 rogues in a party.
Added descriptive dialogue to mercenary hiring

Minor spelling fixes
Minor bug fixes
Some mechanics changed relating to encounter avoidance
2 new enemies added
A moral related scene has been added
Some minor events added
Significant bug fixes surrounding party moral
Progress trackers, check your income and the date

No new content
Weekly saves added.
Save protection added. Don't bother trying to import saves now or later.
Mercenaries and food now last until the end of the week.
Fake goal added. Can't currently be achieved. When version number starts '1.X' the game can be finished.
Last edited by Appo on Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Re: Merchant Quest 0.1

Postby Rubiont-47 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 am

Appo wrote:Male predators do not exist.

Hey. This is discrimination.
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby b5n » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:24 am

does the main character can be pred ?
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:52 am

Is there supposed to be no save method in the game?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Archangel64 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Is there supposed to be no save method in the game?

Try 'esc'; 'x'; .... try everything
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Archangel64 wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Is there supposed to be no save method in the game?

Try 'esc'; 'x'; .... try everything

The save option is grayed out. No matter on the road or in city.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Archangel64 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Okay
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gendor » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Still dreaming of a vore game that is all for the lewdness or all for the gameness, or even one that focuses on Predding around maybe. But you have me curious with the stardew valley likening, and I really want to find out more about it. Probably when the game has a functioning save system that can be scummed
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
Gendor
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby forumlurker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:12 pm

My main question would be, what will be your main objective? It's nice that you have a trading system functioning, but if you do make profit, what would be the point?

Other question would be about balance. I so far haven't been able to make much profit from trading in other settlements even though I'm sure I bought stuff at a good price and sold at a better one. Are your mercs supposed to disappear once you entered a settlement and made a trade? If so, I'd say profits need to be higher if you want to make some actual money.

I'm correct there is no way to buy actual food so far right?

Don't get me wrong; I see a lot of potential with this game. I liked the scenes and the artwork and the gameplay could be fun. Just some basic things I had to ask. Not being able to save makes things much harder too of course.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nikkidafox » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

I really like the main function of the game. But uh... where does this all end? Like, I can get up a million gold, but then what?
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Appo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 pm

forumlurker wrote:My main question would be, what will be your main objective? It's nice that you have a trading system functioning, but if you do make profit, what would be the point?

Other question would be about balance. I so far haven't been able to make much profit from trading in other settlements even though I'm sure I bought stuff at a good price and sold at a better one. Are your mercs supposed to disappear once you entered a settlement and made a trade? If so, I'd say profits need to be higher if you want to make some actual money.

I'm correct there is no way to buy actual food so far right?

Don't get me wrong; I see a lot of potential with this game. I liked the scenes and the artwork and the gameplay could be fun. Just some basic things I had to ask. Not being able to save makes things much harder too of course.

This comment is going to make the game better.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Will you be able to play a pred in this game? Please add information about the player's possible roles into your OP.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Setton » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 am

Is the main character a reference to Spice and Wolf? I named him Lawrence anyway. Anyway, fun game with lots of potential, good work!
Setton
Been posting for a bit

Postby Christess12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 am

This is a really cool concept. I haven't seen something like it before and really enjoy it, the vore is pretty good too. I think this could be an absolutely brilliant game if you continue the development of it.
Want some fun? I RP and get off on pleasing others however I can, just PM me and I can fulfill your wildest fantasies.
Christess12
Been posting for a bit

Postby FutureBellyAche » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 am

Like the concept, but I'd recommend either adding spots where random events are forced or super lowering the frequency of them. Cause having my tires break every 3 steps is kinda annoying, though I do like the concept.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Re: Merchant Quest 0.1.1 (No new content)

Postby luke1401 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:51 am

I really enjoyed what you have so far, but agree with others that the encounter frequency is far too high.

Loved the giantess encounter I think its my favorite, of the scenes I have seen so far (lamia in your party eating orc, orc girl and the giantess.)

Are there any scenes haven't found? Also I saw some weird air balloon thing over in the north of the map but haven't been able to find it again, did I imagine i?

But great game so far cant wait for an update.
luke1401
Participator

Re: Merchant Quest 0.1.1 (No new content)

Postby luke1401 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 am

luke1401 wrote:I really enjoyed what you have so far, but agree with others that the encounter frequency is far too high.

Loved the giantess encounter I think its my favorite, of the scenes I have seen so far (lamia in your party eating orc, orc girl and the giantess.)

Are there any scenes haven't found? Also I saw some weird air balloon thing over in the north of the map but haven't been able to find it again, did I imagine i?

But great game so far cant wait for an update.

EDIT: the game also crashes for me at the start of the giantess sex scene(could be because I use wine though).
luke1401
Participator

Re: Merchant Quest 0.1.2 (Updated 30-6-2018)

Postby Appo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 am

I would appreciate if those of you who play the game with the intention of winning and making money would post some of your weekly net worth and weekly earnings by using the 'Check Finances' skill at the end of the week when your mercenaries leave. That information is going to help me make the game better.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby redholm2 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:29 am

Currently I would say that hiring Mercenaries should not have a upkeep per week. Just because there is not really enough profit to be had. At least in my run there was little to no profit until I inevitably died to a giant. And when you can only save once a week if you don't bug the game to save for you, it just feels like that event is a bit to cruel. RNG based instant death when you can only save at the start of a week. Which can be a long long time. Also feels like all other mercs than Knight is useless atm.
redholm2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zond » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 am

I run the game and see a "Game Over"
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game