Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V10

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am

EtPerMun wrote:
Aurilika wrote:That will probably be combined with the voracity and stomach stat being rolled into a single stat, as voracity doesn't really feel like it has much benefit to increasing it once it gets above 15 or so.

Huh? Why has Voracity no point beyond 15? I got the very opposite feeling, that voracity (along with speed and stomach) are the only stats where increasing them near-indefinitely does matter, definitely beyond 15. Most stats (Strength, Dexterity, Defence) give only marginal returns beyond 20, Will usually ceases being useful at 10-15. Voracity may start ceasing all that useful some point beyond 30, when you can vore nearly any unit at full health, but until then, increasing it allows you to vore units with more and more HP remaining. The problem is more that stomach is pretty useless until you voracity is maybe 20 or so, but I've always seen stomach and voracity as the "late-game" stats, and voracity especially is notable for always being useful.

I guess part of that is just playing styles. I've tended to not put any points in voracity after a certain point, because it feels like it's good enough to do everything I need it to do, so I'm better off raising the other stats. Thanks for the input though, I'll keep it in mind.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V10A

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am

Alright, so I'm having a bit of trouble making the Golems/Crypters work. I'm entirely confident I can make golems, I'm just kinda struggling to make the chest discernibly feminine is the thing. I was wondering if I anyone could offer a bit of help with that.

Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:30 am

Maybe less "beep boop robot" and more golem/robotgirl?

Like:

You got me interested, I'll see what I can do when I'll be at my computer.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:56 am

Regarding melee/bow balance. Perhaps using melee should give a boost to defense. Maybe have it only apply when they have not attacked or trying to use vore in that turn, but that way they have less of a chance of being damaged while they approach. this would help lower levels especially when you have as low as 3 mp to use on a melee fighter and could end up getting shot a hell of a lot of times before she can even get to damage someone. How big of a buff is up in the air though, would need to be playtested.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 am

Shields for melee users, maybe? Adding a chance to block arrows, so they have a better time approaching.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:18 am

GreenSlime wrote:Maybe less "beep boop robot" and more golem/robotgirl?
https://orig00.deviantart.net/00f8/f/2013/224/1/5/monster_girl_challenge_2___golem_by_dragonmanx-d6ht7g1.jpg
You got me interested, I'll see what I can do when I'll be at my computer.

I was definitely going to flow more towards golem/robogirl as I progressed, this is just how it looks while I'm just starting, when the eyes, hair and remaining torso were ready it would probably be a good bit more person looking.
That image(the one in the quote) is fairly close to what I had been trying for, what with the open eye sockets with a sort of spectral glow shining from within, and visibly jointed limbs(with admittedly larger arms than I was giving the Crypters, though giant arms were one of the weapon ideas, with all of their weapons being some kind of hand/forearm replacement), but my idea had no mouth(maybe having different types of fake mouth as customization options), or at least not a mouth on the face(instead the prey would be ingested through some kind of opening on the stomach itself), and a sort of WH40k Necron theme/aesthetic.
Spoiler: show

The problem is that it kinda drifted away from the design intention as I fell back more on my relatively high skill at drawing mechanical bits to make up for my inability to do more natural looking shapes.

The idea for the Crypters is that they're an ancient civilization who made themselves artificial bodies and then went dormant(to prevent extinction and a severe societal collapse respectively) and are just now waking up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you manage to come up with for the design though. It will undoubtedly be helpful for me.
Last edited by DollyFailFail on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:46 pm

So I wanted to combine mecha musume aesthetic and skeletal look of necrons.

The idea that they consist of "soft" parts (synthetic muscles) and "hard" parts (plating and mechanisms). So when they start converting someone into fuel their belly (made of soft parts) will bulge out.
Of course robots can't relly gain weight so that's a plus - I don't have to draw many variations of one part :D

For fuel conversion their faceplates slides down revealing the chute to their reactor core where hapless targets gets broken down and converted into energy. Stomach opening is hard to do because it'll be a layering/spriting clusterfuck. But if it's important I can see what I can do.

Comments/suggestions/critique?
Attachments
domo arigato ms roboto.png
domo arigato ms roboto.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Re: Vore War V10

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Aurilika wrote: Yeah, I'm planning to have sounds for digestion, or at least digestion finishing. I'll probably avoid making too many sounds for it though, because of how it would sound with many units. Though I it could be an option for those that want it.

Would be nice to have the feature there for smaller scale fights in pure tactical. I would personally like that feature but it's up to you.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:53 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So I wanted to combine mecha musume aesthetic and skeletal look of necrons.

The idea that they consist of "soft" parts (synthetic muscles) and "hard" parts (plating and mechanisms). So when they start converting someone into fuel their belly (made of soft parts) will bulge out.
Of course robots can't relly gain weight so that's a plus - I don't have to draw many variations of one part :D

For fuel conversion their faceplates slides down revealing the chute to their reactor core where hapless targets gets broken down and converted into energy. Stomach opening is hard to do because it'll be a layering/spriting clusterfuck. But if it's important I can see what I can do.

Comments/suggestions/critique?

I can't say anything bad on the design, it looks great, I would honestly want this in game, and it fits with a few of the ideas I had intended that I hadn't even mentioned like with the dichotomy of the soft parts and hard parts. It honestly feels kinda awful to say this because it's such a good sprite and you probably put a lot of work into it but...

It isn't even close to what I had wanted the Crypters to be. Like, on the scale of Sci-Fi to Fantasy, the Crypters as I had envisioned them are basically on the opposite end from what you designed, I called them golems for a reason, they were meant to be kinda bulky, and made of like, stone, with some kind of fantasy flexible substance in between the heavy stone segments, I had explicitly said that they were intended to be somewhat like the golem girl picture you had posted. I wanted visible and somewhat primitive joints not synthetic muscle, open holes with a spectral glowing light emanating from inside not big lights, heavy and lumbering not light and agile.
I had wanted kinda bulky, primitive, and fantasy styled golems, not sleek, futuristic, sci-fi looking gynoids. We basically both took the idea of 'artificial humanoids with kind of a Necron like aesthetic' and ran in opposite directions with it.

Edit: Well I guess while I'm the most recent post, I might as well post the tactical sprite for the Vagrant.
The tactical sprites for monsters should probably stay white in game, that way they won't be mistaken for any faction, and if monster taming is added then it could be changed into the color of the faction that tamed it.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:03 pm

failbird105 wrote:Alright, so I'm having a bit of trouble making the Golems/Crypters work. I'm entirely confident I can make golems, I'm just kinda struggling to make the chest discernibly feminine is the thing. I was wondering if I anyone could offer a bit of help with that.

You don't necessarily have to make a female version, it could just be a gender neutral appearing race.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Regarding melee/bow balance. Perhaps using melee should give a boost to defense. Maybe have it only apply when they have not attacked or trying to use vore in that turn, but that way they have less of a chance of being damaged while they approach. this would help lower levels especially when you have as low as 3 mp to use on a melee fighter and could end up getting shot a hell of a lot of times before she can even get to damage someone. How big of a buff is up in the air though, would need to be playtested.

ArgobargSoup wrote:Shields for melee users, maybe? Adding a chance to block arrows, so they have a better time approaching.

I'll probably do one or the other of these.

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Would be nice to have the feature there for smaller scale fights in pure tactical. I would personally like that feature but it's up to you.

Maybe I'll work that in as a locational sound (and probably option), that way you would just hear it when you your camera is close by it. The current sounds are just constant volume.

failbird105 wrote:Edit: Well I guess while I'm the most recent post, I might as well post the tactical sprite for the Vagrant.

The tactical sprites for monsters should probably stay white in game, that way they won't be mistaken for any faction, and if monster taming is added then it could be changed into the color of the faction that tamed it.

Ah, good. I was thinking about giving them a solid black banner as a temporary sprite, but an actual sprite works better.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 pm

So beside lamenting for the lack of lamias, i was actually going to write down how i would have implemented the bigger races, this include but are not limited to:
-Lamias
-Centaurs
-Arachnes
-Ogres
-Minotarus
-Giants

i'd say by default they are not playable but if you conquer their capital they can be hired and they all basically act like super units in your army, here's the rules for them:
-Each one count as 3 units, meaning that the maximum amount for now for a full army would be 5, of course if you manage to hire them they would just occupy the space of 3 units.
-Their base stat are incredibly high, probably equivalent to a level 10 unit and every level gained gives twice the amount of stats, but they need twice as much exp to level up based of your options.
-Instead of consuming all their remaining moves every time they attack or vore someone they only use 3 (or 4) moves, which means they are able to attack (and eat) multiple targets per turn if they don't move around too much (which means that if you are planning to just surround it and beat it to death you are going to have a rough time).
-Even though they take the space of 3 units in your army you need at least 40 stomach to vore them (so they take the space of 4 people in the stomach. they are big after all).

And here's how they would work in tactical:
-You can toggle in your options if you want those super races to spawn in your map or not (they are meant to be independents super races that you should not cross their paths until you get stronger).
-They only have a single capital, with a full garrison of 8(?) and a patrolling full army of 5 that just circle around their capital and if any army gets too close they attack.
-Every once in a while an army with a number of them between 1 to 4 (never a full army) is sent from their capital toward their nearest or random nearest village they can find, if they succeed in the siege the entire population of the village gets devoured and the army returns to the capital and disband.

The rewards for capturing their capital must be really good:
-This capital has around 100 of population, and comes with all the upgrades of any capital.
-You get the option to hire that super race, again they take the space of 3 units.
-You can build a new building in their capital, The Slave Market, allowing you to hire ANY other race available in the game.

I know that it might sound pretentious and all but i think since all those races that i listed are much bigger and threatening that all the base races they should be considered super races and even if they sound too powerful we can always make an option to not spawn them.

This can also be a good way to tune the difficulty of the wandering giant monsters, have them abide similar rules but maybe even more extreme (except for the whole tactical business where they would probably just wander around randomly)

So what you guys think?
carlj
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Aurilika wrote:
failbird105 wrote:Alright, so I'm having a bit of trouble making the Golems/Crypters work. I'm entirely confident I can make golems, I'm just kinda struggling to make the chest discernibly feminine is the thing. I was wondering if I anyone could offer a bit of help with that.

You don't necessarily have to make a female version, it could just be a gender neutral appearing race.

I've actually figured out a way I might be able to pull it off while looking up a good reference image for Necrons. The Crypters will be somewhat more gender neutral than average, as in like, the first couple levels of boob will probably be almost indistinguishable from normal. I haven't actually put the method into action yet, because I had been waiting to see GreenSlimes rendition of the idea, but I'll probably be getting back to making my own now. At the very least his version has given me some ideas on ways to do some parts of the Crypters well/better.

carlj wrote:So what you guys think?

I was actually already in the process of making ogres as a playable faction.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Heh, with resources, wonders, and the multi-turn move, This is becoming more and more like Sid Meier's Civilization, but with vore(Not a bad thing, I LOVE 4X games)! And the wandering monsters are like the "barbarians" or the large aliens from Beyond Earth.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:05 pm

carlj wrote:So beside lamenting for the lack of lamias, i was actually going to write down how i would have implemented the bigger races, this include but are not limited to:
-Lamias
-Centaurs
-Arachnes
-Ogres
-Minotarus
-Giants

i'd say by default they are not playable but if you conquer their capital they can be hired and they all basically act like super units in your army, here's the rules for them:
-Each one count as 3 units, meaning that the maximum amount for now for a full army would be 5, of course if you manage to hire them they would just occupy the space of 3 units.
-Their base stat are incredibly high, probably equivalent to a level 10 unit and every level gained gives twice the amount of stats, but they need twice as much exp to level up based of your options.
-Instead of consuming all their remaining moves every time they attack or vore someone they only use 3 (or 4) moves, which means they are able to attack (and eat) multiple targets per turn if they don't move around too much (which means that if you are planning to just surround it and beat it to death you are going to have a rough time).
-Even though they take the space of 3 units in your army you need at least 40 stomach to vore them (so they take the space of 4 people in the stomach. they are big after all).

And here's how they would work in tactical:
-You can toggle in your options if you want those super races to spawn in your map or not (they are meant to be independents super races that you should not cross their paths until you get stronger).
-They only have a single capital, with a full garrison of 8(?) and a patrolling full army of 5 that just circle around their capital and if any army gets too close they attack.
-Every once in a while an army with a number of them between 1 to 4 (never a full army) is sent from their capital toward their nearest or random nearest village they can find, if they succeed in the siege the entire population of the village gets devoured and the army returns to the capital and disband.

The rewards for capturing their capital must be really good:
-This capital has around 100 of population, and comes with all the upgrades of any capital.
-You get the option to hire that super race, again they take the space of 3 units.
-You can build a new building in their capital, The Slave Market, allowing you to hire ANY other race available in the game.

I know that it might sound pretentious and all but i think since all those races that i listed are much bigger and threatening that all the base races they should be considered super races and even if they sound too powerful we can always make an option to not spawn them.

This can also be a good way to tune the difficulty of the wandering giant monsters, have them abide similar rules but maybe even more extreme (except for the whole tactical business where they would probably just wander around randomly)

So what you guys think?

Sounds kick-ass! I approve of all... but that slave market thing, sounds OP, and HOW would we/they have obtained one of the other races TO recruit?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Crypters

Fair enough. I was torn between sci-fi vs fantasy myself and sci-fi won because there was a mention of necrons. So it should be more like the first picture I posted?

By the way I remembered one more golem design that makes balljoints look good. If you replace cloth with mud and rock could be a good base for them.

And let's not forget that D&D in its eternal quest for ever-sillier races has made half-golems. Now I don't want to even think how it works, but it's definitely a thing.

When you'll post yours, can I make a stab at the design?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:26 pm

carlj wrote:So what you guys think?

Sounds like that could potentially be an interesting system. We'll see how things look when I get closer to that point.

Turbotowns wrote:Heh, with resources, wonders, and the multi-turn move, This is becoming more and more like Sid Meier's Civilization, but with vore(Not a bad thing, I LOVE 4X games)! And the wandering monsters are like the "barbarians" or the large aliens from Beyond Earth.

And here I was, thinking I'd probably run out of ideas to work on after the first month. :lol:

Turbotowns wrote:Sounds kick-ass! I approve of all... but that slave market thing, sounds OP, and HOW would we/they have obtained one of the other races TO recruit?

It could be that they just randomly kidnap villagers that were wandering around.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ABrinson27 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 pm

I was thinking of a sex option I mean you have theses monster people at war and you can have them naked on the battlefield eating each other why not have a sex option its just my idea
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:22 pm

ABrinson27 wrote:I was thinking of a sex option I mean you have theses monster people at war and you can have them naked on the battlefield eating each other why not have a sex option its just my idea

The easiest way to implement this without spriting/programming nightmare would be just moving one sprite behind the other with the implication that dark deeds are being done. I think it's fine. maybe add sounds too.

All other implementations would have to consider the sprite layering, new sprites, different bodytypes, the logistics of two people bonking with bellies as large as they are... So in short if anyone has suggestion of how to make spriting it less painful, i'm all ears.

EDIT BECAUSE DOUBLEPOSTING IS BAD:

So i've been playing Lizards a lot lately and decided they need something done for them. So, in the same vein as my Imp color spots, here's the belly for lizards.

On coloring side of things breasts and belly(duh) take on belly's color if unclothed.

In the picture there's a sample how it looks like.

GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:28 am

who was the one that made the lizards again?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:40 am

who was the one that made the lizards again?

Failbird105.

By the way, again about golems, here's a concept i made before going robogirl route.
Posting it for possible inspiration, I guess?
Attachments
rook.png
rook.png (4.3 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
GreenSlime
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game