Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V10A

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 am

Oh~ Such a lovely little gulp~
Turbotowns
???

Postby ouphe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 am

Will you be able to put something for turning on/off wandering monsters overall or perhaps by type?
I know right now we can activate or deactivate the various races by setting villages to 0...
ouphe
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:20 am

Another idea to consider: Mercenary house. It's a building in the wilderness that, when you visit it with your army, lets you hire special characters. Special characters can come with their unique sprites, gear or even abilities. If you're lucky you can even find monsters in there. And if/when there'll be modding support people could add in their own characters with unique sprites.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby ripleysonic » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:08 am

I found a bug, as I play the game for some reason the game locks up after it switches to two npc's fighting but it looks like they had already finished and I do not have it set to show npc fights
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 am

GreenSlime wrote:When you'll post yours, can I make a stab at the design?

I was going to just say yes, but then I saw this;
GreenSlime wrote:By the way, again about golems, here's a concept i made before going robogirl route.
Posting it for possible inspiration, I guess?

And dude, you, like, already practically took the best stab at the design you could. Like, this one still isn't perfect, but it's damn close. As in, if you're willing to let me, I feel like I could almost certainly turn that concept design into what I wanted.

Also, I feel like half-golems are basically just meant as a way to be a cyborg without dropping the Fantasy theme.

GreenSlime wrote:So i've been playing Lizards a lot lately and decided they need something done for them. So, in the same vein as my Imp color spots, here's the belly for lizards.

On coloring side of things breasts and belly(duh) take on belly's color if unclothed.

In the picture there's a sample how it looks like.

[ https://i.imgur.com/Q6vHg6Y.png ]

Sure, I'm fine with you doing that! I was intending to do that/something like it anyway at some point, but kinda was just too caught up in trying to do other stuff.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:54 am

ABrinson27 wrote:I was thinking of a sex option I mean you have theses monster people at war and you can have them naked on the battlefield eating each other why not have a sex option its just my idea

As much as I like vore games with sex elements in them, I don't think it would work very well in this game, at least at this point. As GreenSlime points out, the spiriting would be rather a mess, and I'm not sure how it would work gameplay wise. Two units are having sex while they're being clubbed and hit by arrows?

GreenSlime wrote:So i've been playing Lizards a lot lately and decided they need something done for them. So, in the same vein as my Imp color spots, here's the belly for lizards.

On coloring side of things breasts and belly(duh) take on belly's color if unclothed.

Looks good, and it looks like Failbird105 is on board with it, so I'll get them in there. Do we think it would be better to use a constant color (the yellowish white shown) or to use a variety of lighter colors?

ouphe wrote:Will you be able to put something for turning on/off wandering monsters overall or perhaps by type?
I know right now we can activate or deactivate the various races by setting villages to 0...

Definitely an overall option. Probably by type as well.

GreenSlime wrote:Another idea to consider: Mercenary house. It's a building in the wilderness that, when you visit it with your army, lets you hire special characters. Special characters can come with their unique sprites, gear or even abilities. If you're lucky you can even find monsters in there. And if/when there'll be modding support people could add in their own characters with unique sprites.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. It adds a way of mixing in some unique unit types, including ones that might have fixed gear (because they have their own unique sprites).

ripleysonic wrote:I found a bug, as I play the game for some reason the game locks up after it switches to two npc's fighting but it looks like they had already finished and I do not have it set to show npc fights

That happens when/if it runs into an unhandled exception during the AI's fight. Didn't think there were still any of those bugs left. If you've got a save game of it, I can analyze it (and fix your savegame)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 am

Do we think it would be better to use a constant color (the yellowish white shown) or to use a variety of lighter colors?

Is there a way to force belly color to be the similar hue but lighter?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:04 pm

GreenSlime wrote:
Do we think it would be better to use a constant color (the yellowish white shown) or to use a variety of lighter colors?

Is there a way to force belly color to be the similar hue but lighter?

Yeah, that would be pretty easy. I use a similar thing to push colors toward red for surrendered units, or for the old hit effect before damage numbers. Are you thinking lighter shades of the selected body color, or a selection of lighter shades to pick from?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RichardDix » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:09 pm

It's probably been mentioned somewhere, but the AI opponents haven't even tried to protect captured cities in my game. They fight, take the city, then leave without hiring a garrison, which allowed me to take the cities for myself. Oddly enough though, if I try to send a one-man army to take a city, a garrison always appears one turn before I'm able to reach the city, (sixteen-man armies don't cause a garrison to be formed). Also, is there a way you could make the AI more defensive when they are at the end of their rope? I tried to keep the slimes in the game by letting them take one of their cities I subjugated, and I even built everything for them before leaving, but they took it, left the city, let the imps who were hunting them capture it, and then got knocked out of the game by the same army.

Another thing that I've noticed about the garrisons, is that the amount of defenders decreases over time, (I'll buy 16, but next turn there will by 15, then 14, etc.) was this intentional or is it a bug? I have plenty of income and gold so deserters shouldn't be a problem, but I didn't read anything in the changelog saying why they would be leaving.

I suppose I should go ahead and ask if there will be "Fog of War" (and the option to turn it on/off) in the game at some point. Personally, I don't like being able to see where the hostile cities and armies are, since it allows me to avoid or ambush armies and cities with no problems.

There is one last thing that I want to ask. How difficult would it be to allow different races who are on the same team to exchange soldiers? When I started the game I put a few races on teams, (different colors were still set for each race) but when I tried sending over my good troops from the fox army to the cat army, it said that "soldiers cannot be exchanged between hostile races".

Anyways, I know I write a lot, so thanks for reading and thank you for working so hard on this game. I'm really enjoying playing this, and really hope to see more in the future. :-D
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:10 pm

RichardDix wrote:It's probably been mentioned somewhere, but the AI opponents haven't even tried to protect captured cities in my game. They fight, take the city, then leave without hiring a garrison, which allowed me to take the cities for myself. Oddly enough though, if I try to send a one-man army to take a city, a garrison always appears one turn before I'm able to reach the city, (sixteen-man armies don't cause a garrison to be formed). Also, is there a way you could make the AI more defensive when they are at the end of their rope? I tried to keep the slimes in the game by letting them take one of their cities I subjugated, and I even built everything for them before leaving, but they took it, left the city, let the imps who were hunting them capture it, and then got knocked out of the game by the same army.

Another thing that I've noticed about the garrisons, is that the amount of defenders decreases over time, (I'll buy 16, but next turn there will by 15, then 14, etc.) was this intentional or is it a bug? I have plenty of income and gold so deserters shouldn't be a problem, but I didn't read anything in the changelog saying why they would be leaving.

I suppose I should go ahead and ask if there will be "Fog of War" (and the option to turn it on/off) in the game at some point. Personally, I don't like being able to see where the hostile cities and armies are, since it allows me to avoid or ambush armies and cities with no problems.

There is one last thing that I want to ask. How difficult would it be to allow different races who are on the same team to exchange soldiers? When I started the game I put a few races on teams, (different colors were still set for each race) but when I tried sending over my good troops from the fox army to the cat army, it said that "soldiers cannot be exchanged between hostile races".

Anyways, I know I write a lot, so thanks for reading and thank you for working so hard on this game. I'm really enjoying playing this, and really hope to see more in the future. :-D

Yeah, they prioritize their home cities for retaking, but they still need to learn how to defend with armies. The full strength AI will only build a garrison if they think the garrison stands a chance against a hostile army within one turn. So in your case, they aren't bothering to build a garrison because they know your army is strong enough to simply wipe them out, so they avoid wasting money and feeding your army. Right now they don't know how to build armories though, so if I get that in there, that should allow them to invest more in defense if they think it will help. I do need to improve their defensive play with armies, but it's tricky when they are on their last city, because if they just hunker down, there's no way they can win, but that's probably a better option than wandering too far from their only city.

That's odd about the garrisons, it should only be decreasing if your gold is less than 0 and your income is less than 0. Okay.. after some looking, I found the bug. When an empire was broke and was auto-terminating garrisons, it was going through villages and selling garrisons, without checking who the village belonged to. :oops: Thanks for the catch. So, one of your empires must have just been slightly broke, so it was just selling 1 garrison unit per turn, and it just happened to be from one of your villages. If anyone else has experienced disappearing garrisons of any quantity, this should fix that.

I can certainly add a fog of war option in, that seems like a decent way to add a little extra challenge for those that wish it. I won't be programming AI to use it anytime soon though, as the AI is far enough behind as it is.

As for exchanging units between allied armies, I'll go ahead and stick that in for the next patch. It's just an oversight that it's not in there, I didn't think about that when I added teams. Technically you could use it to steal armies from your allies, but you're all on the same team anyway. The AI doesn't use exchanging at all right now, so you don't have to worry about them stealing your units.

Thank you for the compliment, and you're welcome as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:21 pm

I've gotta say, the Crypters are coming along quite well with GreenSlimes golem concept to work off of. They actually look good now, I've already gotten almost as far with them as I had before in significantly less time, and I'm not having many of the problems I had with designing them before.

Also, just gonna say it, this;
GreenSlime wrote:By the way I remembered one more golem design that makes balljoints look good. If you replace cloth with mud and rock could be a good base for them.

[ https://www.fightersgeneration.com/np3/char/char/3/golem-j.jpg ]

gave me an idea, and that idea kinda blossomed out, so now I've got one big idea, one smaller idea that could work independently but I feel would be cooler if it was connected to the main idea, and a third idea that was kinda brewing before as multiple ideas but has kinda coalesced into a singular more complete idea. I'll elaborate upon those more once I'm actually ready to work on them.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Sounds kick-ass! I approve of all... but that slave market thing, sounds OP, and HOW would we/they have obtained one of the other races TO recruit?

Aurilika beat me to it but what he said is what i wanted to imply with the slave market, just forgot to write it, anyway glad that you liked my idea :D

Turbotowns wrote:Heh, with resources, wonders, and the multi-turn move, This is becoming more and more like Sid Meier's Civilization, but with vore(Not a bad thing, I LOVE 4X games)! And the wandering monsters are like the "barbarians" or the large aliens from Beyond Earth.

I though it sounded familiar.... oh well....

Aurilika wrote:
carlj wrote:So what you guys think?

Sounds like that could potentially be an interesting system. We'll see how things look when I get closer to that point.

Glad you liked :D although before this kind of implementation a rework of the inventory system or combat system is more in order as it needs more balancing and more items for variety, also unique traits for each race would make it more interesting (and actually make the slave market idea useful as it for now is basically an aesthetic choice for which cute monster girl you want to have a full tum-tum).
Keep up your good work!
carlj
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm

carlj wrote:Glad you liked :D although before this kind of implementation a rework of the inventory system or combat system is more in order as it needs more balancing and more items for variety, also unique traits for each race would make it more interesting (and actually make the slave market idea useful as it for now is basically an aesthetic choice for which cute monster girl you want to have a full tum-tum).
Keep up your good work!

If you're looking for races that are actually different from normal, you'll probably be liking the Crypters then.

Edit: Speaking of the Crypters, here's a little showcase of what I've done so far with GreenSlimes golem concept to use as a reference
The 'tower collar' is but one option for a 'mouthpiece' layer. Another option is a faceplate over the low half of the face with a pair of sculpted on lips, but those are the only two I've done so far. There's also multiple options for eyes, the other two are mono eyes. Obviously the legs and the rest of the torso haven't been done yet, and things are likely to change before I'm done.
I also tried to make it very obvious which parts are to be colored and which ones aren't, basically, anything that's using the standard base sprite colors is, anything using the dark stone grays with almost black outlines is meant to stay that way in game, for all I know I could totally reverse which is which though, depends on if I can think of good colors to use for the light bits.

Another thing to note is that the hands are actually on a separate layer from the arms. This is to make it easier to have the weapons replace them.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:44 pm

More name suggestions for towns of those races without names, of course if the creators of these races wants to change them or simply deny them then they have every right:

Lizards [Aztec Theme]:
Civilized:
Lizotetca -Capital
Reptula
Chalscale
Komodoalco
Crocotula
Iguatepec

Uncivilized:
Lair of Bone -Capital
Lair of Venom
Vale of Broken Teeth
Home/Lair of the Beast
Cult of the Wyrm
Dragon Tongue

--------------------------------

Harpies [Greek Theme]
Civilized:
The Erinyes -Capital?
Strophades [In mythology this is actually where they're from]
City of Hargos -Capital?
Oracle of Arphi
Talontium
Feathesus
Nestoli
Papida

Uncivilized:
Mount Zephyr -Capital?
Mount Hesiod
Skycliffe Roost -Capital?
Cave of Orcus
Cult of Aeneid
Cave of Argo

I also dig the latest design of the Crypters so apologies if this seems a bit much but if the final design is even similar to what was last posted with the "Rook" design I'd like to put forward the following names.

Crypters [Crusader/Old Fertile Crescent Cities]
Slumbering [Passive? New AI type of turtle and sudden aggression?]:
Crypt of Testament
Tomb of Doubt
Tomb of Syn
Ruins of Ur-Babel
Tomb of Talmund [Talmund is the earliest recorded "location" of golems]
Tongue of Shem [Shem is a piece of paper placed into a golem's mouth with its god's name on it that's supposed to keep it alive. If destroyed it will die.]

Awoken:
The Eternal Palace / Crypt of the Undying Queen -Capital
Citadel of [Holy/Divine] Purpose
Citadel of Syn
Ur-Babel Arisen
Citadel of Talmund
Gullet of Shem
Crucible of Consumption
Devouring Catalyst

As you can see, I do have general themes when I think of the races. I am actually curious if you guys have themes in your own heads about what each of the races coincide with, the following is my general sentiment in the broadest terms.

Cats: Egyptian/America
Dogs: Holy Roman Empire / Prussia
Bunnies: Pacific Islanders / English Shirefolk
Foxes: Russian / Gypsy
Wolves: Early Rome / Germanic Barbarian tribes
Lizards: Aztec
Harpies: Greek
Crypters: Unholy Crusaders
Slimes: Gloop / Alien consciousness

Edit: The reason I bring this up is because I do think it'd be neat that if the hero/chief system is implemented that each race would be given unique titles to them.
I.E. A cat hero would be given the title "Pharaoh," A dog hero would be "Kaiser/Empress," A Wolf hero would be "Consul," etc and so forth. Heck, maybe if the people doing all the neato art would want to give each faction unique armors when we reach that stage.

Also, failbird and slime, if it was possible then you could have the crypters have differing body types? I.E. instead of cat ear accessories it could change the chassis [Body type?] to make a heavily armored version and a more serene, elegant version like I'm seeing in your version failbird.

Basically it'd make two "classes" of Crypters: a leadership serene and graceful class and the more bulky soldiery.

Edit 2, Electric boogaloo: Bug report: Trapper's Den for the foxes has a weird text error where the ' should be.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Thanks for the names, Katar, got them entered, now it's only the Scylla without named cities.

The Trapper's Den issue is actually due to the name being copy pasted, and the code having the 'fancy apostrophe' (it's slightly curved instead of a straight line) that the forum uses, instead of just the normal apostrophe character. It didn't quite know what to do with that character. I've got that fixed too.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Katar wrote:>Slimes:Alien consciousness

Like a ben 10 polymorph?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Katar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:21 pm

I kinda imagine the slimes as a xenomorph kinda species. Whenever I invade them and take one of the cities I'll have them literally devour all of their allies in the field until only one MEGA / Prime slime remains. That prime slime will then devour pretty much anything weaker than it over and over again. [I usually have to have a protection army nearby while I do this] If there's a primary race protector they'll finish their "evolution" by devouring them and starting their own war against the other slimes in order to establish dominance.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Katar wrote:Names and such

Yeah, I was actually intending a sort of olde European vibe with the Crypters(one of the intended mouthpieces is basically the mouthpiece of a knights helmet), especially in the names. Aztec for Lizards is also pretty close to the idea as well. As for the hero names, not really sure giving the heroes(which it will most likely be possible, albeit rare, to have multiple of at one time) the title used by the ruler of their respective theme would really work out, but I could definitely see 'Lord' and 'Lady' or 'Duke' and 'Duchess' for the Crypters.

As for different bodytypes, yeah no. Most of the different species share the same body type, it would definitely be possible to do, but that would require making a second version for almost all of the sprites for just an aesthetic difference.

And trust me, the only reason the Crypters don't look bulky yet is because you have only seen them at their most basic and only half way complete. For instance the WIP I posted only had the parts above the stomach, a completely flat chest, the default unarmed hands, and no hair.

Also, as I said might happen in the previous post, I've basically completely flipped around the colors. Now it's the hard bits that get colored, while the flexible parts are colored uniformly.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Katar wrote:I kinda imagine the slimes as a xenomorph kinda species. Whenever I invade them and take one of the cities I'll have them literally devour all of their allies in the field until only one MEGA / Prime slime remains. That prime slime will then devour pretty much anything weaker than it over and over again. [I usually have to have a protection army nearby while I do this] If there's a primary race protector they'll finish their "evolution" by devouring them and starting their own war against the other slimes in order to establish dominance.

And then it goes back to it's own race. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:04 am

It's coming along. Already have the longest patch notes of any version thus far. Not sure how much of a tease is acceptable, but I do have a basic version of the tribe leaders in there now, just need to finish up the loose ends around those, throw together a basic tutorial, and depending on how much time I have, get the Vagrants in there, then do some testing. I'd guess a release date of Thursday, as tomorrow will be busy with other stuff, but we'll see.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game