Castaway 0.1m 18-10-2018

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Castaway 0.1m 18-10-2018

Postby Appo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 am

Welcome to Castaway, a survival vore game.

You're stranded on an island trying to survive in the wilderness. You'll need to collect food and resources while learning how to best fend off the ravenous monster girls on the island, including one very persuasive naga.

Find the link below.

https://mega.nz/folder/IN5myIRS#w70nyWDZZdCImMcWYl6gng

This is an RPG maker game but it's very much gameified. You'll never lose to a monster girl except by your own failure or lack of knowledge, so there's no random chance, wandering monsters or dialogue options. I think it is somewhat unique in terms of vore games on the portal.

Hints:
Spoiler: show
You'll need to test and explore in order to find some of the resources needed for your missions. There is a zone north, west, east and south of the forest you may need to explore.
Some food decomposes overnight so don't expect to be hoarding supplies. You're a hunter-gatherer after all.
There are 9 monster girls each with their own vore ending that you will naturally encounter through play, no need to run around finding them.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Thank you to everyone that tested the game prior to release. I'll be leaving the game in its current state for a period of time that may well be indefinite. I have interest to continue the game with some amount of progression of your relationship with the naga, and then an escape from the island, as you may guess. I will leave a large space of at least months before coming back to it so that I can cultivate more ideas. If you want to contribute your own vision for its future direction then I invite you to.

Enjoy.

WARNING
The northern zone was very ambitious. I think you'll be really happy with the scene I made for that zone when you get sent there but there are significant issues with FPS lag that I can't fix. Do not go near the sides of the map or your FPS will drop to 1 (if you're lucky) until you move away from the edge.
Last edited by Appo on Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Re: Castaway 0.1i 18-10-2018

Postby 665544o » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:58 am

Pretty fun so far, Keep up the great work!
665544o
New to the forum

Postby VLover552 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 am

Wow amazing work on this so far can't wait to see where this goes!
VLover552
Participator

Postby Firon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am

I knowi t's the basic 0.1 version....but hopefully there will be more than just oral vore in later builds...as well as an option to toggle off scat content
Firon
---

Postby jacobgr05 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am

Might be because i'm not using my gaming computer but I get a lot of fps lag, forest area's might be a bit to intense for low end computers.
jacobgr05
Somewhat familiar

Postby Firon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 pm

jacobgr05 wrote:Might be because i'm not using my gaming computer but I get a lot of fps lag, forest area's might be a bit to intense for low end computers.

it's not you...I was getting a fair bit of it too
Firon
---

Postby RC8015 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Pics or it didn't happen! Kidding, but some example pictures would be great to see what the game looks like and also one, two of the monster girls and their scenes.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryuu27 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Firon wrote:
jacobgr05 wrote:Might be because i'm not using my gaming computer but I get a lot of fps lag, forest area's might be a bit to intense for low end computers.

it's not you...I was getting a fair bit of it too

I have same, so it's from game.
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby scottypilgrim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:57 pm

The difficulty seems to be super unforgiving. The Food and water I find seems to do nothing and I starve/pass out in a matter of less than 2 minutes irl. It's impossible to keep up with in the current state. I did manage to rush around and visit some scenes before I inevitably passed out though. Cool game has fun potential if it's made a little more balanced. I do enjoy the foraging mechanic and the ever present danger of lacking supplies. Right now though I wouldn't be able to collect supplies and return to camp without passing out from hunger.
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby voidrunner » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Everytime I try to open the game, it borks up my monitor. the screen starts flashing, freezes up :/ I can't even play the game.

*I have it on video of it doing that
"Life is like a rollercoaster, sure it has its ups and downs, but you may just find, it can throw you for a loop!" ~voidrunner
voidrunner
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:21 pm

The northern map got way too laggy to play sadly,
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Monopolus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:02 pm

scottypilgrim wrote:The difficulty seems to be super unforgiving. The Food and water I find seems to do nothing and I starve/pass out in a matter of less than 2 minutes irl. It's impossible to keep up with in the current state. I did manage to rush around and visit some scenes before I inevitably passed out though. Cool game has fun potential if it's made a little more balanced. I do enjoy the foraging mechanic and the ever present danger of lacking supplies. Right now though I wouldn't be able to collect supplies and return to camp without passing out from hunger.

Pretty much my thoughts, exactly.
Monopolus
???

Postby TheFetishBeast » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:18 pm

I have a question. Are you using any scripts at all for this game?
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby silverspec » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Like what you got here. Love the explore at your pace aspect of it the most.

The negatives have already been expressed before me.
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 am

I've updated the link and put a copy here where food and water are both much more effective. I intended for the game to be unforgiving but I think it might be a bit too tedious to be collecting so much stuff every day.

(Old link removed)

I'll only do F/? Oral in this game.

I don't have a potato PC to test how bad the FPS lag is in the forest. There are a couple of parallel processes running there but it's mainly the events littering the floor that cause the FPS lag which is a terrible shame since they don't even move. If someone has some advice for reducing FPS lag please present it. I've tried
Last edited by Appo on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 am

As far as gameplay critiques go: everything is very tedious and difficult, which is fine, I get what you're going for and why those elements are here, but as a tradeoff, saving needs to be doable anywhere. It's one thing to have constant tension and consequences to the player's actions, and another thing to have one false step lead to the annihilation of everything you've done. That kind of sudden death is good for horror games, but this isn't one of those.
Last edited by empatheticapathy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Appo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:51 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
Appo wrote:I'll only do F/? Oral in this game.

As far as gameplay critiques go: everything is very tedious and difficult, which is fine, I get what you're going for and why those elements are here, but as a tradeoff, saving needs to be doable anywhere. It's one thing to have constant tension and consequences to the player's actions, and another thing to have one false step lead to the annihilation of everything you've done. That kind of sudden death is good for horror games, but this isn't one of those.

The reality where one false step leads to the annihilation of everything you've done is the purpose for the game to exist. If I was inclined to put more work into the game I'd create the V scenes in a way such that they have modular variability, so that when you counter them they're not boring repeats, and then cause defeat to reset your game.

But I do also have a consideration for what other people want so I've compromised for daily saves. Modify the game if you want to save at any time, it's one line you have to add in.

This is a horror game when viewed from a certain angle.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Re: Castaway 0.1j 18-10-2018

Postby TheFetishBeast » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 am

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... -lag.9828/

This here is an anti-lag script that's supposed to be efficient in both parallel process usage as well as many events. I haven't used this myself so I can't speak for it but give it a shot and see if it works.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Appo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:51 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lune-ultimate-anti-lag.9828/

This here is an anti-lag script that's supposed to be efficient in both parallel process usage as well as many events. I haven't used this myself so I can't speak for it but give it a shot and see if it works.

Thanks. I think the FPS is improved but not for the northern zone. I don't think that's going to get better.

New link:

https://mega.nz/#!NGJTGAbS!5lKVJsqIX7QP ... 9E2aM48N-U
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:01 am

A problem that I found is that you're thrown into this game without knowing anything other than you need to survive. Sure you need to pick up some items but.. what are those items? The game doesn't tell you. And I'm not talking about the type of items, but of the fact that there isn't anything in game that tells you that there's an item laying in a specific place, they blend quite well into the environment (at least for most of them). I get that you want a feeling of hopelessness and I admit that having a sparkle or something to tell that there's an item there would look unrealistic but maybe you could just add a sign from the player like.. a question icon when you're over (or near) something usable and/or interesting.
And well.. players should at least know how to play the game so a little tutorial, even if it's just the very minimum, would be nice.

Over all, it seems quite an interesting game and despite there are some flaws, there's plenty of time to improve so.. keep going and good luck with the project! :-D
DevS098
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game