Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby FurryDesirer » Thu May 13, 2021 1:54 am

3BAv2 can't work with CBBE right? Because when i use breast vore, i didn't see any change
FurryDesirer
Been posting for a bit

Postby jimmersac » Thu May 13, 2021 3:37 am

I can't wait to try it out.

Quick question, why does this one require so many different mods compared to other Devorment versions?
FaM and .45D Only required one to two other mods.
I'm having trouble getting all those mods to work, so far I can get the game to launch. And have the UI work. But that's it.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby zerothx16 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 am

Hey Mark, was my creature report helpful or do you some more info?
zerothx16
Somewhat familiar

Postby samblackborn » Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm

i feel like the dialogue is scattered and not really together like for instance only the guards have the stranger dialogue and most npc's only have the one "hey wanna spend some time in my stomach" and it varies to others and you rarely get to see the main ones like "can you swallow me" or "can i swallow you" could we just have all the dialogue with most nps's?
samblackborn
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm

zerothx16 wrote:Hey Mark, was my creature report helpful or do you some more info?

Yes. I'm investigating. Every creature I've tested so far has worked for me, but I haven't gone and checked that specific horse yet to see if it's an exception of some sort.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Thu May 13, 2021 3:46 pm

jimmersac wrote:I can't wait to try it out.

Quick question, why does this one require so many different mods compared to other Devorment versions?
FaM and .45D Only required one to two other mods.
I'm having trouble getting all those mods to work, so far I can get the game to launch. And have the UI work. But that's it.

Because this version does a lot more stuff and runs much faster.

PapyrusUtil and JContainers are necessary to achieve the awesome speed that Devourment Refactor has compared to DFAM.

ConsoleUtil is mainly needed by Become Your Killer, because there's no way to change an actor's sex without the console. Papyrus lacks any kind of associative arrays or structs, and those two mods provide that functionality.

SSE Engine Fixes is needed because you should just have that installed no matter what.

NetscriptFramework is needed to make CustomSkillsFramework work, and to provide meaningful crash reports when people have problems. You can skip them both and use the alternate perk menus, but if you experience any CTDs I won't help you until you install NetscriptFramework.

PO3's SKSE extension simply provides a lot of really useful functions, and it's very a dependency of a LOT mods and it's stable as hell, so there's no reason not to have it.

PO3's Spell Perk Item Distributor is what makes Cloak spells unnecessary. You know how performance in Whiterun is often horrible? Cloak spells are one of the big reasons. ReferenceAlias loops are better, but SPID is vastly superior.

Any other dependencies you're curious about?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Thu May 13, 2021 3:51 pm

samblackborn wrote:i feel like the dialogue is scattered and not really together like for instance only the guards have the stranger dialogue and most npc's only have the one "hey wanna spend some time in my stomach" and it varies to others and you rarely get to see the main ones like "can you swallow me" or "can i swallow you" could we just have all the dialogue with most nps's?

A lot of dialogue was moved the Gherking's dialogue add-on, because it was starting to make the main mod unmaintainable.

Installing Gherking, Cacame, or Invidia's dialogue add-ons will provide a much more cohesive vore-dialogue experience.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby runeguden » Thu May 13, 2021 4:11 pm

with breastvore added can you get breast vored by a NPC?
runeguden
Participator

Postby markdf » Thu May 13, 2021 4:41 pm

runeguden wrote:with breastvore added can you get breast vored by a NPC?

I guess the question is this: how should Refactor decide when an NPC should use breastvore (or cockvore, unbirth, etc)?

I'll try a randomized system, and see if anyone complains.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm

markdf wrote:I'll try a randomized system, and see if anyone complains.

This sounds like a good idea as long as the individual chances can be configured!

Also, something veeeery minor: the foodpertick value for iNeed is a bit too big at the moment. 20 instantly maxes out hunger from empty after only an update or two. If my memory serves me right, I think a value around 0.5 or so might be a bit better?

I also saw in the manager script that you're considering an Arousal addon, super exciting!
Last edited by CacameAwemedinade on Thu May 13, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby FInfinity » Thu May 13, 2021 5:56 pm

As always I'd like to say damn good job with this mod MarkDF. I really appreciate it. One of my 2 favorite mods, hands down.

Now that that is covered, I have 2 ideas for your consideration.

1. A very basic needs system. Just hunger. Maybe a slider to set how many people you have to eat a day. Stacking health debuff for every (choose amount of time) you have not eaten someone. If you want to get a little more technical maybe add a well fed buff? What I do right now is use INeed. I turn off Fatigue and Thirst and just use Hunger. My idea is to make Devourment replace the max amount of other mods. The complete package for any Vore-ish need. A foolish idea for a guy who can't even make mods. But a man can dream.

2. Gutlings! Hear me out. Hungry Bones is an amazing idea (If I do say so myself), but it has 2 main weaknesses.
First: They are quite weak. I tried increasing their level with console commands, but after a few levels they are too strong to be raised with that ability.
Second: Immersion. When one of my skellys Vores someone, where the hell did they go? I can literally see my skelly boy's bones.
Gutlings fix both issues. What's a Gutling? No fucking idea. Some sort of creature that forms in the gut of certain Preds. Committed up to do their masters bidding. The first thing that comes to mind right now is just a renamed Riekling. Give it a cooldown of some sort (takes time for a Gutling to form). When the power is used you vomit up a Gutling with the same level as the last enemy you ate. Or maybe your level. Or some other scaling. Like I said. Still work'n on the idea. Maybe when they die they turn into a vomit puddle. Good for immersion and so you can get your loot if you have absorption on.

Just some ideas. Let me know what you think.
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm

FInfinity wrote:As always I'd like to say damn good job with this mod MarkDF. I really appreciate it. One of my 2 favorite mods, hands down.

1. A very basic needs system. Just hunger. Maybe a slider to set how many people you have to eat a day. Stacking health debuff for every (choose amount of time) you have not eaten someone. If you want to get a little more technical maybe add a well fed buff? What I do right now is use INeed. I turn off Fatigue and Thirst and just use Hunger. My idea is to make Devourment replace the max amount of other mods. The complete package for any Vore-ish need. A foolish idea for a guy who can't even make mods. But a man can dream.

Thing is, there are already so many high quality needs mods. Why add an inferior system when I can just lean on those superior ones?

FInfinity wrote:2. Gutlings! Hear me out. Hungry Bones is an amazing idea (If I do say so myself), but it has 2 main weaknesses.
First: They are quite weak. I tried increasing their level with console commands, but after a few levels they are too strong to be raised with that ability.
Second: Immersion. When one of my skellys Vores someone, where the hell did they go? I can literally see my skelly boy's bones.
Gutlings fix both issues. What's a Gutling? No fucking idea. Some sort of creature that forms in the gut of certain Preds. Committed up to do their masters bidding. The first thing that comes to mind right now is just a renamed Riekling. Give it a cooldown of some sort (takes time for a Gutling to form). When the power is used you vomit up a Gutling with the same level as the last enemy you ate. Or maybe your level. Or some other scaling. Like I said. Still work'n on the idea. Maybe when they die they turn into a vomit puddle. Good for immersion and so you can get your loot if you have absorption on.

[/quote]
We do have an idea for something like that. But 3D modelling work takes a lot of time, and there aren't many people who can do it, and they have other priorities at this time.

If you happen to know a good 3D modeller who knows their way around the Bethesda file formats and would be open to helping out, feel free to send them our way.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FInfinity » Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 pm

markdf wrote:
FInfinity wrote:As always I'd like to say damn good job with this mod MarkDF. I really appreciate it. One of my 2 favorite mods, hands down.

Thing is, there are already so many high quality needs mods. Why add an inferior system when I can just lean on those superior ones?

FInfinity wrote:2. Gutlings! Hear me out. Hungry Bones is an amazing idea (If I do say so myself), but it has 2 main weaknesses.

We do have an idea for something like that. But 3D modelling work takes a lot of time, and there aren't many people who can do it, and they have other priorities at this time.

If you happen to know a good 3D modeller who knows their way around the Bethesda file formats and would be open to helping out, feel free to send them our way.[/quote]

1. That's a damn good point. INeed works just fine.
2. I have no connections unfortunately. But there are so many monster mods out there. Would borrowing assets from them work? The first guy that comes to mind is Mihail. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a monster to fit the bill. He has used assets from other modders, so I can only assume he would not mind if others do the same. This is coming from somebody with no experience in modding so I'm guess'n there is a very good chance it's not that simple.
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby vore2412 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:36 pm

Alright, not played very long but so far I'm unable to get eaten at all. And it seems to not have properly put in the stranger vore mod, which I thought was included. Can devour enemies no problem, but when a fight starts, even at 100% chance it doesn't happen.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Thu May 13, 2021 10:39 pm

vore2412 wrote:Alright, not played very long but so far I'm unable to get eaten at all. And it seems to not have properly put in the stranger vore mod, which I thought was included. Can devour enemies no problem, but when a fight starts, even at 100% chance it doesn't happen.

Do you have Spell Perk Item Distributor installed correctly, along with its dependencies? Because if not, no NPCs or creatures will be able to use vore.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:11 pm

markdf wrote:
vore2412 wrote:Alright, not played very long but so far I'm unable to get eaten at all. And it seems to not have properly put in the stranger vore mod, which I thought was included. Can devour enemies no problem, but when a fight starts, even at 100% chance it doesn't happen.

Do you have Spell Perk Item Distributor installed correctly, along with its dependencies? Because if not, no NPCs or creatures will be able to use vore.

I did, at least as far as following Forgetful Hatter's video did, even changed my mod manager to the same one they were using in order to do it the same way he did. I almost think I downloaded the wrong devourment refactor because there were multiple in the link that I clicked to download it, three to be precise.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby pendingdelet02h623 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Is there any way to make NPCs use regurgitate when they're done digesting?
pendingdelet02h623
Been posting for a bit

Postby Galmar1313 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 am

Another bug that I've been experiencing for the last few versions is that seemingly at random when swallowing prey my character is teleported to the previous cell i was in.

So if i just exited a cave out into skyrim and swallowed someone i would be teleported back into the cave.

It also makes the sound of opening a door when this happens .

This happens completely at random with random prey the ones it has happened with so far are bunnies,foxes and mudcrabs.

Example:
I found a mudcrab that would make me enter the previous cell i loaded into if i swallowed it.
I reloaded and tried swallowing it again with the same result.
There were 2 mudcrabs and it didn't matter which one i swallowed it would still make me teleport.
I tried spawning a fox and swallowing that didn't teleport me.
Now swallowing the mudcrabs after that fox will now suddenly not make me teleport.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby lolen34 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:49 am

3 time the mod gott borken for me here are a screen shot
Attachments
20210514144333_1.jpg
lolen34
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Fri May 14, 2021 9:21 am

Galmar1313 wrote:Another bug that I've been experiencing for the last few versions is that seemingly at random when swallowing prey my character is teleported to the previous cell i was in.

So if i just exited a cave out into skyrim and swallowed someone i would be teleported back into the cave.

It also makes the sound of opening a door when this happens .

This happens completely at random with random prey the ones it has happened with so far are bunnies,foxes and mudcrabs.

Example:
I found a mudcrab that would make me enter the previous cell i loaded into if i swallowed it.
I reloaded and tried swallowing it again with the same result.
There were 2 mudcrabs and it didn't matter which one i swallowed it would still make me teleport.
I tried spawning a fox and swallowing that didn't teleport me.
Now swallowing the mudcrabs after that fox will now suddenly not make me teleport.

Are you in 1st person camera mode when this happens or 3rd person?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game