Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby Timo2141 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:19 pm

just an idea but if the bones get defecate in refactor, its always a human skeleton. is it possible to change it to the designated race that got eaten ? Like argonian = argonian skeleton ?
i mean a skeleton mod is there https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/517
Timo2141
New to the forum

Postby Estina » Sun May 16, 2021 1:24 pm

markdf wrote:I implemented a quick and dirty little calculation based on weight.

Part of the issue is that relationship between the weight of ore used to make a weapon and the weight of the resulting weapon is highly inconsistent. Same for value.

If you'd like to stare at weapon and armor weights and values for a few hours and come up with a convenient formula relating an item's weight/value to the amount of ore it should breakdown to, I'd be happy to replace the current formula.

Mm, I figured that was probably the case. Not really sure what a better solution would be; maybe discrete amounts of ore based on weapon type? One check for the material, another for the weapon type to determine the quantity. Still not great, but it might allow for toning down the volume of ore to closer to what goes into the weapons.

But even then the values would be out of wack and there are a lot of weapons that use multiple kinds of ingots, so you'd run into the issue still of possibly getting more of a metal than you put into something.

Where the system is right now is sorta weird but it's hard to see it being improved without it being a huge hassle.
Estina
Been posting for a bit

Postby MaveriKaos » Sun May 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Is it okay to ask for help here? I'm looking to Disable pred for certain enemies, but I'm not sure the actortypes or anything along those lines. Anyways I've really been enjoying the mod and I hope you enjoy making it!
MaveriKaos
New to the forum

Postby TimeDefeat » Sun May 16, 2021 10:33 pm

Hey, when I tried to use the option to continue as my predator, the predator tried to use my old character's textures, which resulted in a broken mess (probably because they were of different gender and species). Is this normal?
TimeDefeat
New to the forum

Postby ConnTheElite » Sun May 16, 2021 10:50 pm

I finally buckled down and got special edition to try out this mod, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm impressed with all the new features that were added in since old Devourment.

I do have one issue in that things don't seem to be working from the prey side. I don't take digestion damage and the prey skill goes up very slowly. It's probably on my end. I'll figure it out. (I have a handful of other mods that might be effecting it.)

Maybe I'm just dumb and I haven't been looking in the right place, but is there an option to make the player immune to being swallowed? I don't want to turn off creature and NPC vore entirely so they can still eat each other. I also tried to increase my swallow resistance using the console, but I couldn't find the actor value/script that controls that.
ConnTheElite
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Mon May 17, 2021 12:42 am

ConnTheElite wrote:I finally buckled down and got special edition to try out this mod, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm impressed with all the new features that were added in since old Devourment.

I do have one issue in that things don't seem to be working from the prey side. I don't take digestion damage and the prey skill goes up very slowly. It's probably on my end. I'll figure it out. (I have a handful of other mods that might be effecting it.)

Maybe I'm just dumb and I haven't been looking in the right place, but is there an option to make the player immune to being swallowed? I don't want to turn off creature and NPC vore entirely so they can still eat each other. I also tried to increase my swallow resistance using the console, but I couldn't find the actor value/script that controls that.

I could throw in a toggle for that.

TimeDefeat wrote:Hey, when I tried to use the option to continue as my predator, the predator tried to use my old character's textures, which resulted in a broken mess (probably because they were of different gender and species). Is this normal?

Yes, unfortunately. There is no way to correctly copy an NPCs appearance onto the player.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reptinal » Mon May 17, 2021 12:50 am

I've got two bugs that I've been dealing with recently. Sorry if these have already been mentioned before

1: whenever I try to eat tiny creatures such as mudcrabs, foxes, and slaughter fish, the game acts as if I interacted with the last door I used. For example if I used the door to exit a building then walked away to try and eat a mudcrab, a loading screen would start and I would load back into the front of the house. This seems to happen with every instance of the three creatures I mentioned.

2: when followers or friendly npcs manager to eat an enemy they sometimes teleport to the player to do the vampire feeding animation that plays instead of their target which causes the player to be frozen until the animation stops. It looks like this almost always happens when the only nearby people are the player the follower and the enemy.
reptinal
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Mon May 17, 2021 2:29 am

reptinal wrote:I've got two bugs that I've been dealing with recently. Sorry if these have already been mentioned before

1: whenever I try to eat tiny creatures such as mudcrabs, foxes, and slaughter fish, the game acts as if I interacted with the last door I used. For example if I used the door to exit a building then walked away to try and eat a mudcrab, a loading screen would start and I would load back into the front of the house. This seems to happen with every instance of the three creatures I mentioned.

2: when followers or friendly npcs manager to eat an enemy they sometimes teleport to the player to do the vampire feeding animation that plays instead of their target which causes the player to be frozen until the animation stops. It looks like this almost always happens when the only nearby people are the player the follower and the enemy.

For #1 -- could you please check if that happens in when you're in third person camera mode?

For #2 -- this is happening in combat, right? Does the enemy disappear like they are supposed to?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reptinal » Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 am

markdf wrote:
reptinal wrote:I've got two bugs that I've been dealing with recently. Sorry if these have already been mentioned before

For #1 -- could you please check if that happens in when you're in third person camera mode?

For #2 -- this is happening in combat, right? Does the enemy disappear like they are supposed to?

It looks like neither of these happen in 3rd person. I have a video showing exactly what's happening.
reptinal
New to the forum

Postby Trivu » Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Well, the updated female bellies have been released, and that means I can finally integrate them and put my conversions up for download.

Morph Bellies for Vanilla Outfits Compilation – (Trivu Version 1.1) (now outdated)
Version 1.2 Here

What it is:

This is simply my attempt to apply the morph bellies and other vore sliders to all of the standard outfits, both male and female, in the vanilla game. The models have been given a moderately higher polycount to accommodate this. And I’ve also added a sensible amount of physics weights to the female meshes so they can utilize 3BBB 3BA, and jiggle as much as you have them set to jiggle (during your 3BBB installation). I’m also pretty sure I succeeded in avoiding breaking any of the texture sets (which is why nearly every vanilla replacer on the internet, seems to end up with every guard on the planet wearing stormcloak blue). There are still a lot of ways these project files can be improved, and I’ve got a list of the things that need work at the bottom. But this hopefully serves as a adequate Version 1, that can be improved later, or outright replaced by some of the people who’ve committed to making super high quality models, (over a much longer period of time.)

When to use:

Now Devourment, by default, uses separate belly meshes that can be equipped onto the body. These work okay, and there are advantages and disadvantages to switching over to morphed bellies

Advantages of equipable bellies:
Works out of the box
Will always show the skin of the belly, seemingly bursting through whatever they were wearing
Will work the same way, on any outfit in the game, and importantly, on any outfits that you add to the game through other mods
Can utilize 3BBB’s jiggle physics settings on the inflated belly
Possibly a little less hardware intensive, (if you’re already struggling to run a 2011 game), since my morphs have more polys on them.

Advantages of morph bodies
The major thing, is that you can use any of Devourment’s body features on any outfit (such as weightmorphs integration, and boob and butt expansion / vore)
Bellies stay inside your clothes
Has physics on everything that’s reasonable...except for the belly itself, currently. (If you don’t already have them)

How to use:

You can drop this 7z file into the downloads folder of your mod manager and install it like any other mod. But this download consists only of project files, which means that you need to actually build the bodies yourself using BodySlide. This means that you can alter the shapes of the bodies to be anything you want. Macross has created an excellent guide to get you started in BodySlide, and it’s linked in the first post in this thread. Make sure you use the correct XP32 skeletons for the male bodies and the female bodies, and that “Build Morphs” is always checked. Once they’re built, you’ll probably still have the equipped bellies showing in game, so you need to go to the Devourment MCM, and at the top of the Morph Settings tab, change the Belly option to “none”

So if this sounds like this is something you’d like, and it would save you a lot of work building them yourself, download this pack and give it a try, report back or PM me anything that seems broken, I’ll try to fix it. And I’ll keep working on some of the things that can still be done.

TO DO LIST: things that can be improved, in rough order of easiest to hardest
Spoiler: show
Touchups on the belly morphs to fix clipping. (DONE V1.2)
Thus far everything’s been mass production, but this means that not everything will look perfect. Most of the outfits that have exposed skin around the stomach need some extra attention, some more than others. Right now I’ve got about 15% of the project files flagged as things to come back and, at least take a second look at.

Converting all the male boots and gauntlets to SOS.
Vanilla to SOS isn’t a huge change, but I converted all the bodies just so I could be sure the sliders matched as precisely as possible. But I haven’t done this for the hands and feet parts yet, so on some outfits they’re too small, and the pants are clipping through when they’re not supposed to.

Fix some of the worst tearing
So for the female bodies, I used the models that came packaged with CBBE as a base, assuming they were the gold standard, but this may have been a mistake. It took me a while to realize that the tearing on the dresses I was getting was their fault, and not exactly mine. They were unfortunately made in an earlier era, and weighted by machine. They look fine in most cases, but on a lot of the robes and dresses, it could be worthwhile to go back and touch up the skirt weights manually.

Getting some kind of physics working on the vore bellies
It wouldn’t be terribly difficult to weight all the bodies so that the bellies jiggle using the 3BBB functionality, but this exposes an advantage of the equipable bellies. When your stomach isn’t full the belly isn’t equipped, so it’s not moving around. When you switch to morph bodies, currently, you need to have the physics turned on, all the time, and if the motion is extreme enough that it looks good on a vore belly, it looks completely stupid on an empty torso. For the time being I made the call to not add the weights for it, in hopes that, in the future, there might be a way to toggle those specific physics on and off, depending on whether or not there’s anything in there.

Fixing cleavage gaps
The 3BBB bodies come with some advanced options, letting you use separate sets of sliders depending on whether you are dealing with an exposed body, or with different types of clothes, and if you use multiple reference files at the same time, you can take an outfit with exposed cleavage, and have the breasts shaped the way they should be, while also having the clothes stretched across them, the way they should be. Basically makes it so your clothes don’t deform into a skinsuit as you play around with the sliders. But if you do this, it can create gaps in the mesh, if you point the camera in just the right place and make the boobs REALLY big, (using only the default 3BA sliders mind you, the BBW sliders added by devourment itself, don’t do this). I personally think it’s worth it to do it anyway. There’s less then twenty meshes affected, and they look way better in most cases. But I can release a version that has only one or the other if it bothers people. In order to make these skins perfect, I would need to alter the masking on the CBBE parts of the meshes, which would take some work, and also figure out a way to make parts of the clothes textures back facing, which I don’t currently know how to do, and it might not be a good idea in the first place.
Last edited by Trivu on Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trivu
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maka1234 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:17 pm

So in the future, can we get different types of excrement based on the vore selected like breast milk for breast vore etc?
Maka1234
New to the forum

Postby runeguden » Mon May 17, 2021 5:46 pm

I would love to see unbirth get added as a vore type NPC's can do at random with the current many options
runeguden
Participator

Postby markdf » Mon May 17, 2021 6:05 pm

kenshen112 wrote:So in the future, can we get different types of excrement based on the vore selected like breast milk for breast vore etc?

No. But there's already milk, semen, etc when you use Regurgitate.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FInfinity » Mon May 17, 2021 8:12 pm

reptinal wrote: when followers or friendly npcs manager to eat an enemy they sometimes teleport to the player to do the vampire feeding animation that plays instead of their target which causes the player to be frozen until the animation stops. It looks like this almost always happens when the only nearby people are the player the follower and the enemy.

This actually happens to me quite often. Unequiping and reequiping your main hand weapon/spell fixes the loss of player control.
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Mon May 17, 2021 11:04 pm

Trivu wrote:Well, the updated female bellies have been released, and that means I can finally integrate them and put my conversions up for download.

Morph Bellies for Vanilla Outfits Compilation – (Trivu Version 1)

One tiny thing that would help is if you made a SliderGroup file to assign your outfits to CBBE, SoS, and maybe a Trivu group as well; this will allow presets to work with your conversions, and make it easy to filter for them.

Check out Devourment.xml if you're not familiar with how SliderGroups work.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Mon May 17, 2021 11:06 pm

reptinal wrote:
markdf wrote:

It looks like neither of these happen in 3rd person. I have a video showing exactly what's happening.

So... I'm still working on this one. It seems that there are some squirrely bits in the Skyrim animation system.

For example, if you spawn two Lydias, they will occasionally mirror each other's animations.

Skyrim seems to get confused about who to apply animations to.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Tue May 18, 2021 2:15 am

markdf wrote:Skyrim seems to get confused about who to apply animations to.

Gotta love the engine-level "it just works" fuckery.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trivu » Tue May 18, 2021 10:58 am

markdf wrote:One tiny thing that would help is if you made a SliderGroup file to assign your outfits to CBBE, SoS, and maybe a Trivu group as well; this will allow presets to work with your conversions, and make it easy to filter for them.

You know, it actually never occurred to me to try and add stuff to the group file, that had the same name as another mod's group. I guess I thought it would create messy duplicates instead of conveniently merging them. It was annoying how I always needed to resave my presets whenever I made a new group, and this must be the fix I was looking for. Yeah, I'll definitely do that.

edit: Updated the link. Added more groups, and since I now know why they were behaving so weirdly, I threw in a few basic presets while I was in there (vanilla weight preset for SoS, and a preset with zeroed sliders for the monsters, since the prebuilt meshes that come packaged with devourment are still permanently stuffed, at least as of 5-12)
Trivu
Been posting for a bit

Postby qq1486834788 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:10 pm

I can't open the skill tree; There is no response when opening from MCM menu or shortcut menu. Forgive me for using the translation software, my English is very poor.
qq1486834788
New to the forum

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Tue May 18, 2021 12:27 pm

qq1486834788 wrote:I can't open the skill tree; There is no response when opening from MCM menu or shortcut menu. Forgive me for using the translation software, my English is very poor.

Make sure .NETScriptFramework is up to date and that you installed the custom skill framework mod correctly.

There is also an alternative perk menu option in the debugging section of the MCM. That'll let you access the perk menu from the quick settings menu if you can't get custom skill framework to work.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game