Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby LurkingRodent » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:27 am

Does anyone know how to get rid of the title on a character player character that already has one? Even if I go into racemenu and reset the name it won't change because it would seem my character name and the name with the title are two separate things. In the picture I shared hidden below you can see highlighted in red the name with title and in red the name without title in yellow. This makes sense they are different because in letters and notes to the dragonborn I get the name in yellow but on my summons and raised dead I get the red name. But I would still like to get rid of the title on the red name.

Spoiler: show
20210615191902_1.jpg
Player Character Name and Title
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:09 am

LurkingRodent wrote:Does anyone know how to get rid of the title on a character player character that already has one? Even if I go into racemenu and reset the name it won't change because it would seem my character name and the name with the title are two separate things. In the picture I shared hidden below you can see highlighted in red the name with title and in red the name without title in yellow. This makes sense they are different because in letters and notes to the dragonborn I get the name in yellow but on my summons and raised dead I get the red name. But I would still like to get rid of the title on the red name.

Spoiler: show
20210615191902_1.jpg

I have no clue how to fix that. Doing a bit of looking into the function though I found it so that might help. It's on line # 1295 of DevourmentManager.psc source file (use notepad++).
Also what is the StorageUtil thing it calls for?
Masxohn
Participator

Postby LurkingRodent » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:27 am

Masxohn wrote:I have no clue how to fix that. Doing a bit of looking into the function though I found it so that might help. It's on line # 1295 of DevourmentManager.psc source file (use notepad++).

I checked out the line you were referring too... I think I might download the last version of the mod and look at the script again around the same spot. Thanks for pointing that out very interesting to look at code I'm not personally familiar with. Like I understand enough about code to get the jist of what it is doing but not enough to say for sure. Also StorageUtil thing? I am not sure to what you are refering?
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheMastermind » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 am

The rebirth option is nice, but I noticed an issue that might cause problems in some scenarios.
The rebirth obviously deletes all the items of the unbirthed character, so if they were holding, say, the golden claw, that gets deleted and you have to cheat it back in. Would it be possible to filter for quest-related objects and save them from being deleted? Like add them to the player inventory or just squeeze them back out or something.
This is easily avoided once you know of it though. Just make sure they have nothing you want before rebirthing them.
I also realised this rebirth thing revives characters, which is nice. I don't know if it was intended, but I like it. Now I don't have to worry about accidentally shooting Lydia in the back again after having gone ages without saving. It's unfortunate that enemy npcs remain hostile though, I have to kill them anyway right after they're born. Not sure how I feel about infanticide... (I'm joking)
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:47 am

LurkingRodent wrote:
Masxohn wrote:I have no clue how to fix that. Doing a bit of looking into the function though I found it so that might help. It's on line # 1295 of DevourmentManager.psc source file (use notepad++).

I checked out the line you were referring too... I think I might download the last version of the mod and look at the script again around the same spot. Thanks for pointing that out very interesting to look at code I'm not personally familiar with. Like I understand enough about code to get the jist of what it is doing but not enough to say for sure. Also StorageUtil thing? I am not sure to what you are refering?

I was using the latest version when I checked the script (was checking to see what and where it was calling and storing). Talking about the lines like: StorageUtil.SetStringValue(pred, "DevourmentTitle", newName) as the StorageUtil is referring/asking to one of the dependencies (I assume) and I have no clue which one. Hence ending up with no clue or idea on how to change it/fix it.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby BigFudge44 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 am

So, I am a little confused and just want clarification on a thing or two here. Now, the options for waste are separated between NPC’s, creatures, and items. Now for the items, here’s what I thought: set it to inventory, ok obvious. Set it to vomit, your belly slider would stay inflated at the size relating to the weight of the items. If set to defecate, then it’d be the slider you set on the butt slider. Now I asked before about what I thought was a bug where no matter if I choose defecate or vomit, both could be used anyway, undermining the point of having an option. To that, I was told that’s how it’s always been, even though this only started happening to me on the update that I think brought in the weight manager? Dunno for certain. Then I was told that the option for vomit or defecate for items was in fact an option for NPC’s, not the player character, but considering I can choose for the items to go to inventory, I think there may have been a misunderstanding as that is definitely a choice for the player character as well. So I guess what I’m asking for is just a little clarification on some of the MCM choices and some of the more obscure mechanics. A little less jargon, little more layman’s terms for the simple folk like me.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gluger11 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm

(Deleted)
Last edited by Gluger11 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gluger11
New to the forum

Postby Urielzael2 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:01 am

Hello I have a question - is there a way for creature npcs to not appear with bellies? Because I honestly don't know what I keep screwing up during instalation.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LurkingRodent » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:58 am

Urielzael2 wrote:Hello I have a question - is there a way for creature npcs to not appear with bellies? Because I honestly don't know what I keep screwing up during instalation.

Two possibilities. Either you have prefilling enabled... which makes it so that visually NPC's have bellies and if you set the value for it to 0 it should never happen ever. You can find that setting in the MCM. I don't know if it affects animals but it can't hurt to turn that off.

Or you have to build the bodyslide presets for your animals to fix the problem. I remember an older version of refactor had the bodies build incorrectly so all you need to do is install the mod with the bodyslide data and then build the bodies again in bodyslide.
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby aceshot117 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:02 am

is there a way to change the belly texture to match custom races
aceshot117
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheMastermind » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 am

I'm having an issue with locuses.
The breast ones don't work at all. I remember them working before the dual option was implemented, so has something changed in the installation process since then?
The locuses use BVoreL and BVoreR. Do they not work?
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:15 am

TheMastermind wrote:I'm having an issue with locuses.
The breast ones don't work at all. I remember them working before the dual option was implemented, so has something changed in the installation process since then?

They only work with the Devourment custom 3BAv2 body.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ThePuppeteer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 am

Gherking wrote:
ThePuppeteer wrote:Hi there.

I'd like to begin by thanking you for your work on this mod, lovely to see a resurrection of this mod.

I'm running into a bit of a major issue, and, as much as I try, I cannot find a resolution.

Dialogue doesn't work in terms of the fact that when I to someone about eating them or them eating me, it always ends with them denying it, no matter what. I also do not get situational consumption dialogue.

Any assistance?

Even without my or another dialogue mod, there should still be options where they accept. When you check their spells with More Informative Console, do they have the 'predator' spell? If not, you may have forgotten to check 'all npcs' when installing.

Turns out I was simply a moron and forgot to do that. Thank you!
ThePuppeteer
New to the forum

Postby mithelcelestia » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 am

Hello I want to report a problem with force feed spell. In game it has a ridiculously high cost for any spell at over 3000 magicka cost. I found the problem to be from mgef base cost being too high.
mithelcelestia
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheMastermind » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:12 am

markdf wrote:
TheMastermind wrote:I'm having an issue with locuses.

They only work with the Devourment custom 3BAv2 body.

How do I get/use that body then?
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby Urielzael2 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Hello - I've got idea for new spell that can be master version of growing spell provided by perk for spells.

Giantess form - form would provide temporary hp boost, resistances bonus, damage bonus, stamina bonus (maybe possible to set by MCM) changing basic size to 10. During duration giving player some kind of passive stomps (like giant mace hits) when walking and immunity to be eaten. Though this presents one problem as I don't know how targeting would work in it.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ItanParker1997 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 pm

I had just installed last version and it's total disaster. What happened with all the dialogues? I can't rent a "private room" in the inn, if i'll ask about going inside a belly all what happening is digesting me, no safe vore. More then, I can't even try to confirm to let me out. More then, struggle mechanic is TOTALLY DISAPPEARED. Where had everything gone? Am I the only one with this? Is it my fault of game settings or mode mistake? How to get everything back?
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:41 pm

ItanParker1997 wrote:I had just installed last version and it's total disaster. What happened with all the dialogues? I can't rent a "private room" in the inn, if i'll ask about going inside a belly all what happening is digesting me, no safe vore. More then, I can't even try to confirm to let me out. More then, struggle mechanic is TOTALLY DISAPPEARED. Where had everything gone? Am I the only one with this? Is it my fault of game settings or mode mistake? How to get everything back?

It sounds like you just updated from a version from a few months ago or something.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Erecant » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:07 pm

If you read over the patch notes, much of the dialogue has been branched off into sub mods, such as Gherking's dialogue mod.

It should be linked on the OP, but you can look in this forum for the pertinent threads.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Simstyle911 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:42 pm

I am having a small issue with Refactor since the latest update if I open dialog with any one my character automaticly eats them and if I have rings equipted or swords my game crashes I posted on LL that I don't know if its genuine bug with Refractor or not but its wierd that it started after the update
Simstyle911
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game