Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby markdf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:16 pm

LurkingRodent wrote:I have noticed that when you set the prey number to "limit by size" of any kind... the prey size is less after the first prey. my pc can eat 5 human size npcs at level 23 with that setting. But only 2 when it is set to limit by count. The limit by count makes sense... but the other doesn't. It is like... first human is weight 100, any human after the first is 20.

Probably closer to 32? It's to do with how sizes are scaled and combined internally.

For the math inclined, all sizes are squared, summed, and then raised to the power of 0.4.

(size1^2 + size2^2 + ...)^0.4

It keeps size changes from increasing too fast, and makes small changes more visible. The downside is ... the thing you're observing there.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LurkingRodent » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:26 pm

markdf wrote:Probably closer to 32? It's to do with how sizes are scaled and combined internally.

For the math inclined, all sizes are squared, summed, and then raised to the power of 0.4.

It keeps size changes from increasing too fast, and makes small changes more visible. The downside is ... the thing you're observing there.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:43 pm

LurkingRodent wrote:
markdf wrote:Probably closer to 32? It's to do with how sizes are scaled and combined internally.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

I'll try to make it behave linearly for fullness, but I can't make any promises.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowbaron28 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:00 pm

For some reason I can't get the npcs to ever eat anyone. I installed the everyone version of the mod and yet I'm the only one voring. Any idea what is wrong? I also installed via vortex if that helps.
Shadowbaron28
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Shadowbaron28 wrote:For some reason I can't get the npcs to ever eat anyone. I installed the everyone version of the mod and yet I'm the only one voring. Any idea what is wrong? I also installed via vortex if that helps.

My best guess is that you didn't install the prerequisites correctly. SPID in particular.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GluttonousBarbarian » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:39 pm

So here are a few thoughts and perk ideas from playing from Level 1 to currently Level 40 (Pred Level 150-something).

As it is, there is no way that I know of to improve the effectiveness of the Vore Spells (particularly Bellyport and Fatal Surrender), so if you want to play at higher levels, they become effectively worthless.

Augmentation is fun, but right now, the Camera doesn't play well with particularly high values of Augmentation - maybe a script could be added to adjust the camera height and increase the maximum camera distance whenever the player's augmentation level changes?

Other augmentation oddities; Augmentation only stacks if all augmentation items provide the exact same value/bonus. If you attempt to mix Augmentation, you only get the most recent bonus. The Augmentation (Self) spell doesn't appear to stack with any other source of Augmentation. The Augmentation Enchantment Effect also lists itself twice, but the second value never increases from the base of 30% even as your Enchantment skill rises.

Mia suffers from the Black/Dark face bug that sometimes effects NPCs when they don't have facial lighting data provided by the mod that adds them.

Craniovore is a strange spell, and I'm not sure if it is working as intended right now; all it currently does is make an enemy's head swell up and then explode (and also renders their body unlootable).

The built in Weight Manager is fantastic, but there's not really a way to dynamically lose weight either; having the player lose weight as a result of sprinting and spending time in combat could be fun.

There are a variety of capitalization errors in the mod's localization, such that sometimes the same type of enemy will be referred to as bandit, and sometimes it will be referred to as Bandit. This also effects some unique NPCs.

Nourishment is currently extremely inconsistent, and I have found that there are only a handful of actors who give magicka when digested. Maybe nourishment could be standardized across the board so that all enemies give exactly 1 magicka, 1 health, and 1 stamina?

Perk Ideas
Spoiler: show

Giant Growth: Gain a natural Augmentation Bonus equal to your Predator Level.

Eat and Run: Attempt to swallow any character/enemy that you run into while sprinting.

For Me, It was Lunch: No longer incur a bounty when you swallow or digest an NPC.

Vore Magic: Vore Spells that effect enemies now effect enemies up to 10/20/40 levels higher.

Spell Ideas

Potentially redesign the spells currently in the game to better fit the tier system of the base game's spells?

For example, you could have;

Predator's Seduction: One-handed AOE Single-target projectile that effects a single low level enemy.

Fatal Surrender: One-handed AOE calm spell that renders effected medium-level enemies vulnerable to being swallowed.

Voregy: 2-handed calm spell with a 100 foot radius that causes even effected high-level enemies to be vulnerable to being swallowed.

As it is, Fatal Surrender is too expensive to justify using in almost all cases. It's also currently bugged so that when you attempt to/successfully swallow an npc affected by Fatal Surrender, they become hostile, which doesn't actually happen with regular old Calm.

Bellyport and Mass Bellyport could replace the current model with a lower-level single-target bellyport and a higher level aoe-bellyport with a larger area-of-effect than the current one.

I think the original devourment had a Shout that functioned similarly to Bellyport as well; it'd be fun to have a cone-area-of-effect shout that could vacuum up enemies in a wider range in front of you.

Feature Ideas
Augmentation in general seems like it could use some love. As it is, it's fun to play around with, but support to make it more mechanically smooth could be good. Having the camera move up and down with the player's head would be fun. Turning Swallow into something more like a cone with an area of effect that grows with your scale would also make it so that you can put things in your mouth that aren't at the base game's camera level (like when you seem tall enough to swallow that Dragon who's perched above you), and could help with the fact that it's hard to aim it when you're large enough to hide enemies behind your massive size. Augmentation could also maybe grant some Stagger Resistance? It feels weird to get pushed around by puny weaklings.

Maybe add in Vore Skill Trainers? I don't know if it's necessary, but it'd be nice to be able to buy pred or prey levels.

Some kind of place to show off the Skulls of defeated unique enemies would be fun. As it is, there's nowhere for me to show off the skulls of all the Dragons I've digested.

Think that's about all I got. Hope any of it is useful!
GluttonousBarbarian
New to the forum

Postby FInfinity » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:36 pm

So i've found an... odd bug. I'm not sure how you could possible recreate it, but I'll explain it best I can. So, sometimes my character will burp and I'll get the message that I'm now digesting someone. Problem is, I had not ate anyone. In fact I had not ate anyone for like 15 mins. Immediately after I get the message the game crashes. It has happened twice now.

Here is exactly what happened last time.

I was just waking up in the shack that you get taken to by Astrid to start the Dark Brotherhood quest line. I talked to Astrid and listen'd to her whole thing. I then started talking to the prisoners. I finished talk'n to the first two and was in the middle of talking to the 3rd when I suddenly burp and get the message "You are now digesting Riften Guard." Game freezes for like 2 secs. Then crash. It left no crash log.

I had eat'n a Riften Guard, but it was already dead so I should have already been digesting it. And I had eat'n that guard like 15-20 mins ago.

Afterthought: I did kill that guard using Sexlab Deadly Drain and Drain to Draugr. Maybe that confused Defourment somehow?
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby NukaMan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:19 am

I am currently experiencing a bug with the phylactery perk. After I am digested when i press Z the NPC who digested me doesn't immediately defecate like they use to do so by the time they game tells them to defecate it causes the NPC that i am reforming inside of to suddenly sh** me out. This issue compounds its self if i attempt to "cycle" through my other phylacteries by making them seem to defecate and reform me at random causing me to teleport around to each of them. I don't think its caused by slow running scripts because i haven't added any new mods to my game and I have not had this problem on previous versions. I tested this on a fresh character and i had the same issue so its not loose legacy code in an old save or anything.
NukaMan
New to the forum

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:52 am

Suggestion - increase sensitivity of sliders for npc vore - basically I found it annoying that out of 30 tries female npc in combat not swallowed me only 4 times while having her chances set to 7,5% (min) - even if she have max swallow perk level (I don't know of skills) I still have 2 levels of resistance + her base chance are reduced to 7,5% ... Considering my minimal are 75% and keep failing more often I found it really annoying. If someone wants to be prey 90% of time - sure sliders can do that but I don't. Or put separate min swallow chance for player, npcs and followers.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 am

Urielzael2 wrote:Suggestion - increase sensitivity of sliders for npc vore - basically I found it annoying that out of 30 tries female npc in combat not swallowed me only 4 times while having her chances set to 7,5% (min) - even if she have max swallow perk level (I don't know of skills) I still have 2 levels of resistance + her base chance are reduced to 7,5% ... Considering my minimal are 75% and keep failing more often I found it really annoying. If someone wants to be prey 90% of time - sure sliders can do that but I don't. Or put separate min swallow chance for player, npcs and followers.

1) Did you have TGM enabled? That will always block vore.
2) Were you at full health? That reduces an enemy's chances a lot.
3) Is your character level higher than theirs? If so, they won't even try vore until your health is below 50%.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:15 am

Masxohn wrote:DevourmentDialog.psc (script source) is missing " && !prey.hasKeyword(Manager.ActorTypeNPC) " on line 38. Should be look like line 126 (situational issue I reported back a few pages ago, this is the fix to it)

Looks like my bug report was missed (again, I have bad luck in this regard apparently). Also for future ideas/mods people may create or have (and cause adding ActorTypeNPC to certain stuff can cause issues, as was said a long while back) adding the same does 'not have keyword' check but for the VoreTalker keyword on line 38 and 126 as well.
markdf wrote:
Urielzael2 wrote:Suggestion - increase sensitivity of sliders for npc vore - basically I found it annoying that out of 30 tries female npc in combat not swallowed me only 4 times while having her chances set to 7,5% (min) - even if she have max swallow perk level (I don't know of skills) I still have 2 levels of resistance + her base chance are reduced to 7,5% ... Considering my minimal are 75% and keep failing more often I found it really annoying. If someone wants to be prey 90% of time - sure sliders can do that but I don't. Or put separate min swallow chance for player, npcs and followers.

3) Is your character level higher than theirs? If so, they won't even try vore until your health is below 50%.

I always knew of #1 and #2, didn't know about #3.That explains a lot of the weirdness I kept finding (just assumed it was intended, didn't know exactly how though).
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:33 am

markdf wrote:

I don't always won't to have block, as for level I don't know as hunters can appear with level 1 -15 since my level was 6 and I had mod which improves levels of npcs by 25% of yours it could be 2-16 so there is chance they were higher. I was at full hp enemy was wounded. Also at least in older version they literally kept spamming it as I had 5 effects and 1 widget (enemy trying to swallow you).
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:47 am

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:So here are a few thoughts and perk ideas from playing from Level 1 to currently Level 40 (Pred Level 150-something).

As it is, there is no way that I know of to improve the effectiveness of the Vore Spells (particularly Bellyport and Fatal Surrender), so if you want to play at higher levels, they become effectively worthless.

Do you have a mod like Ordinator to make spells scale properly with magic skill? Fatal Surrender for example scales with the Illusion skill.

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:Augmentation is fun, but right now, the Camera doesn't play well with particularly high values of Augmentation - maybe a script could be added to adjust the camera height and increase the maximum camera distance whenever the player's augmentation level changes?

How do you propose I do that? Serious question. If you know a way, please tell me.

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:Other augmentation oddities; Augmentation only stacks if all augmentation items provide the exact same value/bonus. If you attempt to mix Augmentation, you only get the most recent bonus. The Augmentation (Self) spell doesn't appear to stack with any other source of Augmentation. The Augmentation Enchantment Effect also lists itself twice, but the second value never increases from the base of 30% even as your Enchantment skill rises.
I'll check it.

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:Mia suffers from the Black/Dark face bug that sometimes effects NPCs when they don't have facial lighting data provided by the mod that adds them.
Can't replicate.

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:Craniovore is a strange spell, and I'm not sure if it is working as intended right now; all it currently does is make an enemy's head swell up and then explode (and also renders their body unlootable).

It's SUPPOSED to make their head explode. But if you can't loot them, something may be wrong. It works perfectly for me. Do you have any mod that changes how dead bodies are handled?

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:The built in Weight Manager is fantastic, but there's not really a way to dynamically lose weight either; having the player lose weight as a result of sprinting and spending time in combat could be fun.

No, too performance destroying. If you want that, try WeightMorphs. But I think you'd need an older version, I hear they removed that feature too.

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:There are a variety of capitalization errors in the mod's localization, such that sometimes the same type of enemy will be referred to as bandit, and sometimes it will be referred to as Bandit. This also effects some unique NPCs.
You'll have to take that one up with Bethesda. I just get the names that are already stored on the actors.

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:Nourishment is currently extremely inconsistent, and I have found that there are only a handful of actors who give magicka when digested. Maybe nourishment could be standardized across the board so that all enemies give exactly 1 magicka, 1 health, and 1 stamina?

Why would you get 1 magicka from a mudcrab? That point is for it to be a reward for devouring those whose health, stamina, or magicka exceed your own. If you want more magicka, vore some wizards.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:18 am

GluttonousBarbarian wrote:So here are a few thoughts and perk ideas from playing from Level 1 to currently Level 40 (Pred Level 150-something).

Mia suffers from the Black/Dark face bug that sometimes effects NPCs when they don't have facial lighting data provided by the mod that adds them.

Some mod to fix it:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... escription

If none of them works use this one - to remove dark face in game via spell:
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:08 pm

Urielzael2 wrote:
markdf wrote:

I don't always won't to have block, as for level I don't know as hunters can appear with level 1 -15 since my level was 6 and I had mod which improves levels of npcs by 25% of yours it could be 2-16 so there is chance they were higher. I was at full hp enemy was wounded. Also at least in older version they literally kept spamming it as I had 5 effects and 1 widget (enemy trying to swallow you).

If they're wounded and you're not, the chances of them voring you are very low.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Galmar1313 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:15 pm

Whenever i use some form of macromancy it causes my fps to drop to like 5 fps until i restart or quit to main menu and reload.
Sometimes it can take a while for the fps drop to commence after the spell or potion has been used.
Anyone else experiencing this? I have had this issue for a quite a while.

Edit: I found HDT-SMP to be the culprit as the fps drop would no longer happen if its disabled.
Last edited by Galmar1313 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:38 pm

markdf wrote:If they're wounded and you're not, the chances of them voring you are very low.

I know that's why I was surprised and why I don't want to rob them of vore to.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maka1234 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:50 pm

So I have https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... /mods/2650
with the playable children option and a race addon mod that enables play as children along with it. Naturally devourment is defecting mods affecting the children and is throwing a warning. Is there a way to make a patch for the above to at the very least work around or ignore the above mod?

At some point I thought it might be cool to play it out as the anime trope of badass kid saves the day aka toshio from bleach or killua and Gon from HXH or even Naruto from the og series. I get if we're not as cool with this and I'm not trying to be fucked up or anything but is there a way to work with the playable children mod and devourment?
Maka1234
New to the forum

Postby FInfinity » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:47 pm

kenshen112 wrote:So I have https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... /mods/2650
with the playable children option and a race addon mod that enables play as children along with it. Naturally devourment is defecting mods affecting the children and is throwing a warning. Is there a way to make a patch for the above to at the very least work around or ignore the above mod?

At some point I thought it might be cool to play it out as the anime trope of badass kid saves the day aka toshio from bleach or killua and Gon from HXH or even Naruto from the og series. I get if we're not as cool with this and I'm not trying to be fucked up or anything but is there a way to work with the playable children mod and devourment?

How does this conversation keep getting started? Lol.
Short answer: No
Long answer: No and never bring it up again.
Really Long answer: Start reading around page 126 and read the next few pages.
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby Voremora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:16 pm

I'm still having that weird issue when weight gain occurs the game just locks up and you can't do anything else
Voremora
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game