Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V35B

Postby TNT00007 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:15 pm

Found a problem... In some cases [skip rest of battle] will cause the game screen to jam... You can use menus, but you can't play games...
TNT00007
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Turbotowns wrote:It seems if I load a customization of one gender(like herm), over a unit of another gender(like female), The traits are still the og gender(female), until I go into the unit editor, change the gender, then change it to the gender It's supposed to be.

(Also, could we have an option of the enter key making the AI take the turn of any units that hadn't gone yet, so that if, say, you only "Play" as a single unit in an army, and want the others controlled by the AI, but forget to hit the "let AI finish your turn" button, and instead hit enter on reflex... your army doesn't get butt fucked due to dumb accidental mispressing)(SOmething that would go into the options menu, rather than the content settings)

And I don't know how possible I'd be, but it'd be so hot that units with an assimilate trait(or a new one for this purpose), can go from male/female to herm if they eat enough of their opposite sex. A guy growing boobs and a vagina and/or a girl growing a cock after enough meals sounds SO HOT!

(And maybe an option to omit the size traits from assimilate... a unit gets too big and it's suddenly OP)

Yeah, I'll fix the bug and add the first option, as it should be pretty easy to do. The second is probably a bit too unwieldly for a secondary effect of a trait. I'll look into the third and see how feasible it is.

TNT00007 wrote:Found a problem... In some cases [skip rest of battle] will cause the game screen to jam... You can use menus, but you can't play games...

My guess would be some sort of ai failing jamming up the game. If you can send me a saved game where it happens with some regularity for a particular skip (higher is better, but even 25% of the time would be feasible), I can track it down and fix it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:05 am

Aurilika wrote:I didn't remember commenting on it before, but it was brought up again, and it seemed weird to have characters end up in a normally impossible state, when the race may not even have a womb. Also, I guess I didn't write the note 100% accurate because it should have just said you can't transfer to womb for units that can't unbirth, you can still transfer to mouth.

Well, in that case, could i request that you let the Mantis Unbirth then? mostly because i'm Garbage at coding, I guess i could probably do it myself via the Source Code link? it doesn't seem too hard, since they used the same sprite regardless.

Apologies if i'm being annoying, i don't mean to be, but i know i can sometimes ask too many questions about things. ^^;
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby wutaadiwmbaismr » Sat May 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Will UB disposal ever have it's own flavor text?
wutaadiwmbaismr
New to the forum

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:00 pm

Two quick bugs I’ve run across:

» Succubi in Pure Tactical all spawn with manufactured weapons instead of Summoned Sword.
» If you try to edit world settings in a strategic game but escape out of the menu instead of properly exiting back to the ESC menu, it makes other menu items unclickable until you back out of the menu and back to the game, but even going back to edit the world settings won’t have clickable buttons until you restart the game.

(And apologies if they’ve been reported before, but almost two hundred pages is kind of a lot to go back through to check. x.x )
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby Masxohn » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Request/Suggestion: A reverse/swap of the (cheat) traits Irresistable and Inescapable. Those work on the predators side, so the predator can eat whomever and nothing can escape. My request/suggestion is a version of those for prey. IE: Irresistable's swap would be that every pred has a 100% chance to eat this character (character has a 100% chance to be eaten), and Inescapable's swap would be the prey doesn't attempt to escape any pred.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:19 pm

I agree that “Irresistible” sounds like it would be a better name for a prey trait, but “Inescapable” sounds more predatory. Possibly “Undeniable” and “Inescapable” from the predatory side and “Irresistible” and “Submissive” from the prey side?
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:43 am

AssumedPseudonym wrote: I agree that “Irresistible” sounds like it would be a better name for a prey trait, but “Inescapable” sounds more predatory. Possibly “Undeniable” and “Inescapable” from the predatory side and “Irresistible” and “Submissive” from the prey side?

That seems like a pretty good, fitting change IMO.
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby Rikku159 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:40 am

*Sneaks in*

"You know what would be fun? If we could somehow implement a system for user generated campaigns. Like users making story modes with objectives like "Eat the leader and escape before being overwhelmed" or "Survive until the turn count is reached". Stuff like that may not seem significant, but imagine all the user stories that fans of this game can pump out, and the great writing that couples with it could make genuinely great stories that we can play through.

I'd make a campaign centered around a lamia for example, and their desire to peacefully integrate humans into lamia society. (
Spoiler: show
As living sex toys.
)"

*Sneaks out*
Rikku159
New to the forum

Postby HavocLordX » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

Rikku159 wrote:*Sneaks in*

"You know what would be fun? If we could somehow implement a system for user generated campaigns. Like users making story modes with objectives like "Eat the leader and escape before being overwhelmed" or "Survive until the turn count is reached". Stuff like that may not seem significant, but imagine all the user stories that fans of this game can pump out, and the great writing that couples with it could make genuinely great stories that we can play through.

I'd make a campaign centered around a lamia for example, and their desire to peacefully integrate humans into lamia society. (
Spoiler: show
As living sex toys.
)"

*Sneaks out*

How Lewd, I love it. *A Sneklady Follows Rikku159*
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm

A side note first. I foolishly finished and uploaded the patch before checking the forum, so I see a couple little things here I'll probably add in the inevitable bug fix patch.

Deathdealer5555 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:I didn't remember commenting on it before, but it was brought up again, and it seemed weird to have characters end up in a normally impossible state, when the race may not even have a womb. Also, I guess I didn't write the note 100% accurate because it should have just said you can't transfer to womb for units that can't unbirth, you can still transfer to mouth.

Well, in that case, could i request that you let the Mantis Unbirth then? mostly because i'm Garbage at coding, I guess i could probably do it myself via the Source Code link? it doesn't seem too hard, since they used the same sprite regardless.

Apologies if i'm being annoying, i don't mean to be, but i know i can sometimes ask too many questions about things. ^^;

Yeah, I'd have to double check something before I do that, but will probably end up enabling that.

wutaadiwmbaismr wrote:Will UB disposal ever have it's own flavor text?

Well, it depends on if someone generates text for it, I don't really mess with adding to this game's flavor text too much at this point.

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Two quick bugs I’ve run across:

» Succubi in Pure Tactical all spawn with manufactured weapons instead of Summoned Sword.
» If you try to edit world settings in a strategic game but escape out of the menu instead of properly exiting back to the ESC menu, it makes other menu items unclickable until you back out of the menu and back to the game, but even going back to edit the world settings won’t have clickable buttons until you restart the game.

(And apologies if they’ve been reported before, but almost two hundred pages is kind of a lot to go back through to check. x.x )

Ah, will definitely get both of those fixed. (Though as I noted at the start of this post it won't be until 36A)

Masxohn wrote:Request/Suggestion: A reverse/swap of the (cheat) traits Irresistable and Inescapable. Those work on the predators side, so the predator can eat whomever and nothing can escape. My request/suggestion is a version of those for prey. IE: Irresistable's swap would be that every pred has a 100% chance to eat this character (character has a 100% chance to be eaten), and Inescapable's swap would be the prey doesn't attempt to escape any pred.

Yeah, I can stick those in pretty easily, so I will.

AssumedPseudonym wrote: I agree that “Irresistible” sounds like it would be a better name for a prey trait, but “Inescapable” sounds more predatory. Possibly “Undeniable” and “Inescapable” from the predatory side and “Irresistible” and “Submissive” from the prey side?

My logic there was that irresistible as a name makes more sense on the pred side. The pred is irresistible so the prey doesn't resist. A prey that's irresistible would be targeted first above all other targets or something like that if it was named appropriately.

Rikku159 wrote:"You know what would be fun? If we could somehow implement a system for user generated campaigns. Like users making story modes with objectives like "Eat the leader and escape before being overwhelmed" or "Survive until the turn count is reached". Stuff like that may not seem significant, but imagine all the user stories that fans of this game can pump out, and the great writing that couples with it could make genuinely great stories that we can play through.

That would indeed be fun, but would be a major undertaking, which isn't something I want to get into at this point. You can kind of roleplay in objectives like that yourself, though.

V36 Released

36:
Added the Monitor Race, it's a mercenary race, but also appears in Komodo packs if that option is enabled.
Added some additional tactical log messages and fixes from xmarkx.
Can now use the cheat menu to replace a monster race with another race. The strategic graphic will still be of the race, and the name stays the same so that it's easier to associate with the spawner, but the armies will consist of whatever race you chose. (So for instance, you could replace the vagrants with succubi). There didn't seem to be any immediate bugs from this, but it's possible that there are bugs.
Fixed an oversight where Valor, shielded, and sense weakness didn't affect ranged attacked.
RangedVore no longer has a ranged penalty against flying units. Was suggested to add a little bit of depth, but the effect is relatively subtle.
Changed the logic for regurgitate slightly. Will now try to free a random friendly unit first, and if none exist, will free a random enemy unit, instead of being random from everyone inside.
Added an option to the options menu to always treat pressing the end turn button as if you clicked 'let ai finish your turn' button (It's disabled by default since it's pretty specialized).
Can now press 1, 2, or 3 to choose the first, second or third option on the event screen.
Fixed an issue where loading a customization that changed the gender wouldn't take into account gender based traits (now it properly removes ones that no longer apply and adds new ones right away).
Fixed some missing text for the buy all options if you didn't have enough money.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V36

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:39 pm

Thank you!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Aurilika wrote:A side note first. I foolishly finished and uploaded the patch before checking the forum, so I see a couple little things here I'll probably add in the inevitable bug fix patch.

Deathdealer5555 wrote:

Yeah, I'd have to double check something before I do that, but will probably end up enabling that.

I appreciate it, this is probably my favorite game on these forums, and a large part of why is because you're as active on the forums as you are. :-D
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:19 pm

Deathdealer5555 wrote:I appreciate it, this is probably my favorite game on these forums, and a large part of why is because you're as active on the forums as you are. :-D

The change is in 36A to enable unbirth for mantis, I just didn't mention it in the notes.

36A Released, fixing up some bugs and cleaning up a few things.

36A:
Using the cheat replace race on the goblins now correctly changes their race for goblin caravans (I didn't think about the fact that they are grouped in with the monsters and were listed. They're a special case, so it had to be specifically fixed). For simplicity, they'll still be frequently equipped with books like the goblins are.
Added a couple of utility traits, Submissive that makes prey not attempt to escape, and Defenseless, that makes prey have basically no vore defense (can optionally be combined with the willingrace trait if you want the dialogue to change -- though not a whole ton of those lines exist)
Added a button to set the selected unit's AP to 0, basically to have letting the ai play the rest of your turn not move units you wanted to stay stationary.
Lowered the minimum time for movement options from .02 seconds to .005 seconds.
Succubi in pure tactical mode now spawn with the summoned sword as they should, instead of standard weapons.
Fixed a bug that would cause the ai to halt processing in ai vs ai battles if the give control to ai at the end of turn option was enabled.
Fixed an issue where if you pressed escape inside of the edit settings menu of the edit world settings, it would close the parent of that screen, and pressing it twice would unpause the game while you're in the menu.
Added some more text from xmarkx that was overlooked.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V36A

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:34 am

so i found a new BUG with the bees. not sure if it's a new one, but when the AI is controlling them, they can end up on top of map objects you can't move them onto, like village walls or water. i know they can move OVER that, but i've never been able to make them just sit on one of those tiles.

Loving the update already though, thanks!
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

Postby Cruelin660 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Deathdealer5555 wrote:so i found a new BUG with the bees. not sure if it's a new one, but when the AI is controlling them, they can end up on top of map objects you can't move them onto, like village walls or water. i know they can move OVER that, but i've never been able to make them just sit on one of those tiles.

Loving the update already though, thanks!

That I can Agree with, and I feel like it has to do with the flying Status and A.I. Direction Targetting Placement as I recall, they do not stand on the water unless their Target is next to the waters, I do not know about the wall one, but I Feel like that the flying and A.I. Targetting Kinda mash and the A.I. Disregard if the flying can stand on it or not and place it there to do the attack.
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby DamnedFox » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:08 am

Hi hi! Been enjoying this a lot lately, but uhhh, now that I actually wanted to play the game myself instead of just watching ai, I can't seem to be able to end my turn, so I get stuck at the first turn unable to do anything unless I let the AI take over and basically just lose the battle...
DamnedFox
New to the forum

Postby Cruelin660 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:09 pm

DamnedFox wrote:Hi hi! Been enjoying this a lot lately, but uhhh, now that I actually wanted to play the game myself instead of just watching ai, I can't seem to be able to end my turn, so I get stuck at the first turn unable to do anything unless I let the AI take over and basically just lose the battle...

There is a End Turn Button on the Bottom-Right Area of the screen in Vore War. Click on it to give the Enemy the Turn
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby DamnedFox » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:48 pm

That's the issue that I have, I cannot click the end turn button, at all. It doesn't do anything when I click on it, and right-clicking to change what it does doesn't help either. I am serious when I say I tried.
DamnedFox
New to the forum

Postby Deathdealer5555 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:54 pm

DamnedFox wrote:That's the issue that I have, I cannot click the end turn button, at all. It doesn't do anything when I click on it, and right-clicking to change what it does doesn't help either. I am serious when I say I tried.

Pressing Enter will try to end the turn, and pressing it again while the pop-up about un-moved units is up will end it.
Deathdealer5555
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game