Retale: Checkmate

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Retale: Checkmate

Postby Awolfest » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:29 am

Silly question, but will the weight gain sprite change go away on it's on or do I have to do something?
Awolfest
Participator

Postby Retale » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:50 am

Awolfest wrote:Silly question, but will the weight gain sprite change go away on it's on or do I have to do something?

There is a kobold in Carslbad from memory, the green one at the market, that sells slim down potions, there are other shops too, but you can decrease your weight by using them
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby doomed » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:21 am

Retale wrote:
doomed wrote:ok so ive been playing this game for a while now and honestly I'm getting nowhere. whether it be because of the timing mechanics for attacks , the unbalanced power levels of random encounters, characters being almost powerless in battles with no explanation why ( i.e ava even with magic ), or just being confused on how to complete certain quests. also some operational issues that are likely glitches ( things not activating when pressed, random looping map spots etc.)stuff like this made it that I cant really enjoy the game or even complete it.
at first I thought it was just due to me dealing with too many encounters but then I accidentally found out how to escape encounters .which made getting through slightly easier but then took out a decent amount of the experience . as well as let me notice other things that made the game less for me other than the encounters. that said I can tell that this is a good game just not for me .

if there's a walkthrough ill definitely try and play again since ill at least know what to do to follow the story. however for the most part I'm giving up

Hey there doomed, a couple of things:

1) Can you press F2 while playing and tell me your FPS? Sounds like the game might be running too fast, it should be running at 60! If its higher or lower you'll struggle!

2) If you're having trouble on finding out where to go, you can open up the map with M and ask for assistance that way!

3) Are you running Version 5 of the game? It fixed a lot of bugs!

4) Make sure you're equipping Gems! You can buy some starter ones from the pink sheep in the first town, and find others in chests, EXP does nothing to increase strength in this game so you'll find it very hard unless you kit yourself out!

Sorry that you had such a negative experience but thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to even try it! It really means a lot to me thank you!

so I went and checked the fps like you suggested , it was at 60, tho it did drop and rise a few times but mostly stayed at 60.

the map feature is useful but only gives a general guidance which didn't help my lack of direction problem. i got lost repeatedly tho i will admit its likely due to me being a terrible navigator

as for the version you were definitely right as I was playing on V 4 . so i will download the newer version in the hopes that it helps.

finally, I did equip gems, however, it still left ava and mia useless against a decent amount of the enemies. for example, the boss fights with beth and the fat guy. ava's magic no matter what I had equipped was always got a 0, not occasionally, always. I did multiple different combinations of gems and weapons nothing worked ava was useless. and to make matters worse due to the weapon combinations her attack was usually weaker than everyone else. as for mia her only use was when I had her dragon up most of her attacks would miss or do zero damage , the ones that didn't miss just did an effect . then with the fact that most encounters are around the same power level as the trio basically every encounter is a mini-boss fight. which made side quests like collecting the collars or scarves, rather hard.

ill try with the v 5 version however id like for my saves to carry over. if that wont work then i likely wont play as the amount of effort it took to get as far as i did in game is not worth repeating.

edit: I attempted to get my save files to carry over. all except the earliest one was s lost . and when I tried to restore the previous version didn't work there either. so my 9 hrs of effort is gone
doomed
Participator

Postby Retale » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:35 pm

doomed wrote:
Retale wrote:
doomed wrote:ok so ive been playing this game for a while now and honestly I'm getting nowhere. whether it be because of the timing mechanics for attacks , the unbalanced power levels of random encounters, characters being almost powerless in battles with no explanation why ( i.e ava even with magic ), or just being confused on how to complete certain quests. also some operational issues that are likely glitches ( things not activating when pressed, random looping map spots etc.)stuff like this made it that I cant really enjoy the game or even complete it.
at first I thought it was just due to me dealing with too many encounters but then I accidentally found out how to escape encounters .which made getting through slightly easier but then took out a decent amount of the experience . as well as let me notice other things that made the game less for me other than the encounters. that said I can tell that this is a good game just not for me .

if there's a walkthrough ill definitely try and play again since ill at least know what to do to follow the story. however for the most part I'm giving up

Hey there doomed, a couple of things:

1) Can you press F2 while playing and tell me your FPS? Sounds like the game might be running too fast, it should be running at 60! If its higher or lower you'll struggle!

2) If you're having trouble on finding out where to go, you can open up the map with M and ask for assistance that way!

3) Are you running Version 5 of the game? It fixed a lot of bugs!

4) Make sure you're equipping Gems! You can buy some starter ones from the pink sheep in the first town, and find others in chests, EXP does nothing to increase strength in this game so you'll find it very hard unless you kit yourself out!

Sorry that you had such a negative experience but thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to even try it! It really means a lot to me thank you!

so I went and checked the fps like you suggested , it was at 60, tho it did drop and rise a few times but mostly stayed at 60.

the map feature is useful but only gives a general guidance which didn't help my lack of direction problem. i got lost repeatedly tho i will admit its likely due to me being a terrible navigator

as for the version you were definitely right as I was playing on V 4 . so i will download the newer version in the hopes that it helps.

finally, I did equip gems, however, it still left ava and mia useless against a decent amount of the enemies. for example, the boss fights with beth and the fat guy. ava's magic no matter what I had equipped was always got a 0, not occasionally, always. I did multiple different combinations of gems and weapons nothing worked ava was useless. and to make matters worse due to the weapon combinations her attack was usually weaker than everyone else. as for mia her only use was when I had her dragon up most of her attacks would miss or do zero damage , the ones that didn't miss just did an effect . then with the fact that most encounters are around the same power level as the trio basically every encounter is a mini-boss fight. which made side quests like collecting the collars or scarves, rather hard.

ill try with the v 5 version however id like for my saves to carry over. if that wont work then i likely wont play as the amount of effort it took to get as far as i did in game is not worth repeating.

edit: I attempted to get my save files to carry over. all except the earliest one was s lost . and when I tried to restore the previous version didn't work there either. so my 9 hrs of effort is gone

Of all the people that have played my game that are now 1,000+ downloads you're the first to have these very troubling and unique problems, I'm so sorry Doomed! I wish I could be more help here, but its going to be hard to test and mitigate these issues. Thank you so much for the feedback and I'll definitely try and take the critique onboard to improve! Thank you so much!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby doomed » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:39 pm

It’s not a problem at all , most of the problems came about due to me being terrible at the game . So it’s mot like you could do anything to change that . thank you for taking the time to listen . I look forward to your future endeavors
doomed
Participator

Postby grz01 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 pm

What a stunning unique game, wonderfully weird monsters too - excellent work.
grz01
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:31 pm

grz01 wrote:What a stunning unique game, wonderfully weird monsters too - excellent work.

Thank you so much!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pm

I played the hecc out of this game and it's amazing, I've always been a fan of retale since the first game, with it's extremely lighthearted content, the production value on Checkmate however is SO RIDICULOUS, Retale, you really need to advertise your patreon more, especially if it means we could get consistent content this good.

Thank you for making this ^^; and maybe a little bit of :oops:
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:41 pm

Chessa wrote:I played the hecc out of this game and it's amazing, I've always been a fan of retale since the first game, with it's extremely lighthearted content, the production value on Checkmate however is SO RIDICULOUS, Retale, you really need to advertise your patreon more, especially if it means we could get consistent content this good.

Thank you for making this ^^; and maybe a little bit of :oops:

This comment made my day thank you Chessa!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Someone939 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi, i have 2 questions:
1 Where can i find the ghost snake (if she isn't mainstory-related)
2 I arrived at a point where i have to open the secret door in the mansion by knocking, after that i fought the 2 enemies but now i don't know what to do because if i return to the queen she tells me to go again to the secret room
Someone939
New to the forum

Postby Firon » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:54 pm

Someone939 wrote:Hi, i have 2 questions:
2 I arrived at a point where i have to open the secret door in the mansion by knocking, after that i fought the 2 enemies but now i don't know what to do because if i return to the queen she tells me to go again to the secret room

1 she is mandatory...you don't need help here
2 you reached the ghost snake :P
Firon
---

Postby masterrrrr » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:14 pm

Will there be a mac version?
masterrrrr
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoilaBavarois » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Really fantastic stuff here, Sym.
I enjoyed myself here thoroughly, I think I managed to complete everything other than the three superbosses and side quest to find the goddess' followers so maybe I got 90-95% of the content finished!
It's pretty amazing that you're one of the few folks who managed to make a qualty full-fledged, completed vore game. Especially games that have nice storytelling and characters, four of them at that!
Adored the experiences, kudos to you for making it all freeware, too. I'll have to pay it forward when I get the opportunity.

Mentioning this too since I'm in love with Circe, if you slay Queen Koal after she jumps in to save you during the Circe fight after your friends are all swallowed- it WILL softlock the game after Circe defeats you. No ending screen, but I think that's fair since you shouldn't be attacking your teammate in the first place like that, haha!

Again, wonderful stuff! :D
VoilaBavarois
New to the forum

Postby Retale » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:39 pm

YaphyTaffy wrote:Really fantastic stuff here, Sym.
I enjoyed myself here thoroughly, I think I managed to complete everything other than the three superbosses and side quest to find the goddess' followers so maybe I got 90-95% of the content finished!
It's pretty amazing that you're one of the few folks who managed to make a qualty full-fledged, completed vore game. Especially games that have nice storytelling and characters, four of them at that!
Adored the experiences, kudos to you for making it all freeware, too. I'll have to pay it forward when I get the opportunity.

Mentioning this too since I'm in love with Circe, if you slay Queen Koal after she jumps in to save you during the Circe fight after your friends are all swallowed- it WILL softlock the game after Circe defeats you. No ending screen, but I think that's fair since you shouldn't be attacking your teammate in the first place like that, haha!

Again, wonderful stuff! :D

Thank you so much YaphyTaffy <3
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wollffett » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 am

The knock is given to you as a key item if you need to listen again
Wollffett
Participator

Postby TheGameguy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 am

HOw do you open the "strange doors" you see through out the map?
TheGameguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Someone939 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:05 pm

TheGameguy wrote:HOw do you open the "strange doors" you see through out the map?

You need to have the same status effect of the door (on fire, freezed, sleep ecc.)
Someone939
New to the forum

Postby Someone939 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Wollffett wrote:

Yeah i already knocked and entered the room, fought the 2 enemies but now i don't know what to do
Someone939
New to the forum

Postby Kerbalmaster » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:17 pm

Is the sphinx the only Explorable gut or is there other giantesses to explore? Since I Love the idea of Belly exploration, personally.
Kerbalmaster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Someone939 wrote:
Wollffett wrote:

Yeah i already knocked and entered the room, fought the 2 enemies but now i don't know what to do

If you fought 2 enemies it should of taken you to the Circe fight. I'm not sure what you've done in order to not progress the game.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game