Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby markdf » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:26 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:Gaz is passing my saves onto you, Mark. Weird thing, somehow using the Vore power on a piece of food and going through that whole digest thing is even slower than doing it on an actor? Seems counterintuitive but I wouldn’t know either way myself.

Regular savefiles aren't helpful for diagnosing the cause of slowdowns. I specifically need quicksaves.

You know how everyone always says to NOT use quicksaves, because they get corrupted and all that? This is why. Because when papyrus gets overloaded, quicksaves capture that. But if you open the console or the main menu, Papyrus has a chance to get caught up -- which is good for producing reliable savefiles, but bad for examining what was happening during the slowdown.

What body are you using? Is there any difference in performance if you unequip all of your armor/clothing first?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BigFudge44 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:05 am

Oh my bad. It would only let me do one quicksave at a time, made the silly assumption normal saves would work hahaha.

And yeah actually, it seems equipping some armors makes it slower, certain armors slower than others, but there’s still a significant slowdown even when fully naked, especially when using the Vore power on food, like I said before.
Now I’d usually just be content with, “oh certain armors just won’t work with Devourment” for whatever reason, but using these armors on earlier versions of Devourment did not cause this same slowdown, and the armors themselves don’t slow down the game at all which I feel is relevant because I have used some armors, particularly SMP-HDT heavy ones, that have slowed my game a bit just by themselves.
So if you tell me the armor is the problem, that’s totally fine, you are the dev and trust me I won’t argue with you at all, you’ve made some real good shit here and we all know Skyrim’s got some fucked infrastructure that will just make things like this difficult no matter your level of effort or skill, but I only bring it up because it is weirdly a new issue. I can try and get some quick saves for you.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby BigFudge44 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:31 am

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3otmthzl ... es.7z/file

there you are, my man. All F5'd quicksaves. Also, I realize I didn't answer your question, I do use CBBE 3BA, and like I said the slow down is alleviated SOME when taking off all armor but is still there, in either a normal fps drop or a weird slow motion deal.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 am

BigFudge44 wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/file/3otmthzledduifi/quicksaves.7z/file

there you are, my man. All F5'd quicksaves. Also, I realize I didn't answer your question, I do use CBBE 3BA, and like I said the slow down is alleviated SOME when taking off all armor but is still there, in either a normal fps drop or a weird slow motion deal.

Which addon has the DevourmentMiscMorphs script?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:50 am

markdf wrote:
BigFudge44 wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/file/3otmthzledduifi/quicksaves.7z/file

It's located in QueueSD's Devourment Refactor Addons thread. As of this post's date it is locate on the 1st page, roughly the middle.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby BigFudge44 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:18 pm

markdf wrote:

Like homie above said, it's QueueSD11's addon Miscellaneous Morphs. I have started a new game without it and the slow down persists still, so I made an assumption it wasn't the cause.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby griff_beeks » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm

This mod needs a patch or option that lets you watch yourself be digested by the predator, like, the game doesn't reload till they shit you out, or untill you decide to reload X3
griff_beeks
Been posting for a bit

Postby Isha » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 am

griff_beeks wrote:This mod needs a patch or option that lets you watch yourself be digested by the predator, like, the game doesn't reload till they shit you out, or untill you decide to reload X3

It already does that; you get a prompt, and the game won't move on until you hit the shout key.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Fabibaer » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:09 am

Hi
I tried to add the CoB Adiposian Armor Deathshell for Any Race from the Devourment v0.65d mod pack into my game. I'm playing SSE and I managed to get the Armor, but for some reason it just has no breast physics, the rest of the body works fine. Does anyone know what may be the problem or what specific physics mod the armor uses?
Fabibaer
New to the forum

Postby griff_beeks » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:58 am

Isha wrote:
griff_beeks wrote:This mod needs a patch or option that lets you watch yourself be digested by the predator, like, the game doesn't reload till they shit you out, or untill you decide to reload X3

It already does that; you get a prompt, and the game won't move on until you hit the shout key.

But like, it doesn't proceed to digestion or disposal, it just says your dead press z to be digested, does that actually carry on with normal digestion until they defacate you?
griff_beeks
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firon » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 am

griff_beeks wrote:But like, it doesn't proceed to digestion or disposal, it just says your dead press z to be digested, does that actually carry on with normal digestion until they defacate you?

if you watch closely...the stomachs always shrink after you start the digestion phase at 0 HP

pressing Z actually moves directly to the death or reformation phase
Firon
---

Postby ahungryone » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:19 am

Excuse me, is it possible to reassign the defecating animation to another one from some other mod? Current one is nice but it might be cool to have a standing one.
ahungryone
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 pm

ahungryone wrote:Excuse me, is it possible to reassign the defecating animation to another one from some other mod? Current one is nice but it might be cool to have a standing one.

Of course it's possible. But unless it's a vanilla animation, or one with loose enough permissions for me to actually add it to Devourment, the effort isn't worth the reward.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:37 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:
markdf wrote:

Like homie above said, it's QueueSD11's addon Miscellaneous Morphs. I have started a new game without it and the slow down persists still, so I made an assumption it wasn't the cause.

First: have you tried reducing the number of sliders in the weightmanager? The default settings include a LOT of sliders, you might have better results using less.
Second: are you using the height-changing feature of the weightmanager? It uses skeleton nodes instead of sliders, so the performance on it is not great.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Is there a toggle for reviving people by eating their skulls that I've accidentally turned off, or are you just unable to revive certain NPCs that way, cause it doesn't seem to be working anymore
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:Is there a toggle for reviving people by eating their skulls that I've accidentally turned off, or are you just unable to revive certain NPCs that way, cause it doesn't seem to be working anymore

You can't revive them if you eat the skull with the inventory vore option. You have to drop the skull and manually eat it off the ground, assuming you weren't doing that.
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:20 pm

Feedmeyourdragons wrote:
Shadowlyger wrote:Is there a toggle for reviving people by eating their skulls that I've accidentally turned off, or are you just unable to revive certain NPCs that way, cause it doesn't seem to be working anymore

You can't revive them if you eat the skull with the inventory vore option. You have to drop the skull and manually eat it off the ground, assuming you weren't doing that.

I was in fact doing that.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RakeVuri » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 pm

In my experience, it only seems to remember the last skull you picked up, so if you want to reform a bunch of people, pick up their skulls from their piles and eat them one pile at a time, don't just grab all the skulls and drop them all at once to eat them.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby BigFudge44 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:34 pm

markdf wrote:First: have you tried reducing the number of sliders in the weightmanager? The default settings include a LOT of sliders, you might have better results using less.
Second: are you using the height-changing feature of the weightmanager? It uses skeleton nodes instead of sliders, so the performance on it is not great.

For number one, I am told the difference between one and 40 sliders is negligible, near identical, and the slow down doesn’t even occur while weightmanager is active, only once I have my character swallow an actor or piece of food.

For number two, I am not using the height changing feature.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:07 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:For number one, I am told the difference between one and 40 sliders is negligible, near identical, and the slow down doesn’t even occur while weightmanager is active, only once I have my character swallow an actor or piece of food.

Who told you the thing about the sliders? And why would you believe something that is so obviously wrong?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game