Decompiled Fromage... kinda.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Decompiled Fromage... kinda.

Postby VoreFan362 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi. I've found a resource decompiler for Hot Soup Processor games, and I've managed to extract the game's resources with it. The problem is, however, the source code filetype for Hot Soup Processor is ".AS", and the closest thing I can find is a file called "start.ax". Can anyone help me by telling me what I can do with this file, or what its purpose is? If you want, I can upload a ZIP file that contains the resources extracted from Fromage.

All in all, I thank everyone for their time.

UPDATE: September 28, 2023.

I'm debating whether or not I should convert the game from Hot Soup Processor to GameMaker, or if I should try to compile via Hot Soup Processor, since Hot Soup Processor is giving me a hard time.

UPDATE: December 13, 2021.

Hi. Hope everyone is doing well. Stressful times, I know. We'll get through this, and all I can say in that regard is to be careful.

In regards to the hack, I think the best course of action will be to basically start the hack up from scratch, using the sprite sheets. What this means, is, we'll have the game as we want it. For instance, the layout for the rooms (not really levels) from the bedroom to the basement can remain identical. But, in order to progress, the player will have to kill the "Boss Worm" to unlock the newer rooms. Since there's a possibility that I will be doing this with Game Maker, I am not certain I will be able to do this on my own. If you know how to animate sprite sheets, feel free to send me a Private Message. The newer rooms will be designed as how people will want them to be designed. Additionally, I feel like I can make a separate version of the hack, in which while you can attack and kill Predators as you like, in the bedroom, you will have the option to activate a teleporter. What it's going to do, it's going to take away your powerup, and send you to the room of your choice. Basically, a "Choose which Predator you want to Feed" sort of thing. The corresponding room will contain the Predator of your choice (Frog, Slug, etc). In case the player changes their mind, they will be able to do so within a grace time period within arriving at the room. However, they will only be able to change to a new Predator's room. If you feel like the player should be able to go back to the bedroom, there can be a version of the hack with the ability to go back to the bedroom, and there can be a version where it can be a choice of which Predator you will want to feed.

This is the time to express how you want the hack to be like. Additionally, since not everyone enjoys willing prey in Vore, I will make a Translated to the English version, with the addition of the newer rooms, so everyone can enjoy the Fromage Hack, the way they want.

I noticed that in the version of Fromage we all know and love, there seem to be unlimited lives. Yet, in the sprite sheets, there's a skull icon in the System Sprite Sheet. To me, this looks like they were intending to impose a number of lives available, so, I figure, we can have a vote on whether or not we can have the hack have a set amount of lives if there's a way to get additional lives, etc.

I know this is a lot to read. But, I am still brainstorming this hack, and when the time comes, I will probably be needing some playtesters, as well as animators for the sprite sheets. All who contribute to the hack will be credited (unless I am told not to credit them). This can be in the form of a Credits Roll, or a Text File, or both.

Thank you all for your time.
Last edited by VoreFan362 on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
VoreFan362
Participator

Location: Inside a nice giantess/giant cat girl's stomach, and loving it!

Re: Decompiled Fromage... kinda.

Postby VoreFan362 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Uh, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologise. I'd like this thread to be in the appropriate forum, if it's possible.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Jeschke » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:22 pm

I wouldn't mind looking at the resources, myself. Specifically if the sound clips are better quality than the ones I pulled out. (been contemplating doing some sound stuff with them)

Also yeah, this forum isn't the right one for this, so it'll likely get moved at some point soon.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby justinrpg » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Google doesn't seem to recognize Hot Soup Professor games nor fromage in relation to games. I'm betting this topic is spam or troll
She frantically searches for her human husband, unaware that he is in her stomach.
justinrpg
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreFan362 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:27 pm

justinrpg wrote:Google doesn't seem to recognize Hot Soup Professor games nor fromage in relation to games. I'm betting this topic is spam or troll

If you ask around, people will tell you Fromage is programmed from the Hot Soup Processor programming language. The early versions have the default icon for HSP programs. So, no, this isn't meant to spam, nor troll anyone.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Reaverbot » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 pm

justinrpg wrote:Google doesn't seem to recognize Hot Soup Professor games nor fromage in relation to games. I'm betting this topic is spam or troll

And you came to that conclusion from a cursory google search and nothing more?
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zero-Kitsune » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 am

Um...no.
Google recognizes both of those terms in relation to games.
"fromage game" and "Hot Soup Processor" both turn up many many relevant results.
It took like 5 seconds to verify this.
Zero-Kitsune
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreLover666 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:06 pm

He DID say "Processor"... not "Professor". There are already lots of threads dedicated to Fromage.
You reached your conclusion... how, exactly?
VoreLover666
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreFan362 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:46 am

I wonder if there's a way to translate the in-game dialogue from strings in the source code.
VoreFan362
Participator

Hacking Fromage... kinda.

Postby VoreFan362 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:04 am

After SO many years (almost an entire decade), I am confident to say that I am able to hack (or basically mod) the game.

I am able to change many things in the game, although I will make a video on the hack.

Scenarios and other things that I will highlight (Non-scenario items will be in bold):
  • Willing prey.
  • Signs that correspond to the version you're playing.
  • Able to stay in the stomach for as long as you want, without digesting. An alternate scenario is that getting eaten heals you, and, staying uneaten (optional scenario) can lower your HP. However, note that, if it happens, I will make sure that the predators will heal the player character upon grabbing the player.
  • Updated message for digestion, depending on what version you are playing.
  • Spawn enemies of your liking, depending on powerup. For instance, a broom swing will spawn a Frog, a paint attack can spawn a Slug, a sword swing can produce Like Likes, or, it can be limited to one powerup doing the spawning, in which case, I would probably keep it to the broom swing. If that's the case, I'd be more than happy to produce the versions that you'd want.
  • If I can learn how to do so, I will create a little "system" that will allow you to feed the predator of your choice. However, there's a catch. Powerups will still be allowed, but, attacks will be disabled, meaning that enter the predator’s room, you can only feed the hungry animal. Additionally, the door to get out of the room will be locked. So, if you chose the Slug's Room, and you wanted to feed the Frog, you would need to restart the game, or approach the object that allows you to go to the right room. It just won’t allow you to go back to the starting point of the game.
  • More scenarios will be available upon further discoveries.

I am still learning about the behind-the-scenes of the game, and I am curious about MOT and EFF files. If anyone has any information about either of those file types, and what I can do with them, I will credit you in the hack.

Sample video: here. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
Last edited by VoreFan362 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby clone4000 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Nice fromage was fun back in the day with the custom animations and all.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFan362 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:57 pm

clone4000 wrote:Nice. Fromage was fun back in the day with the custom animations and all.

Thanks. I am aiming to revive the game, and essentially make an English version of it. If you have something in mind, feel free to let me know.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pm

VoreFan362 wrote:
clone4000 wrote:Nice. Fromage was fun back in the day with the custom animations and all.

Thanks. I am aiming to revive the game, and essentially make an English version of it. If you have something in mind, feel free to let me know.

THAT'S why I couldn't remember what fromage was! It wasn't in english so I never played it! I really hope you can translate it then! Then I'll be able to check it out.

Unless... wait... was it that little platformer where we play as a girl and we have to avoid monsters like worms?
Turbotowns
???

Postby VoreFan362 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
VoreFan362 wrote:

THAT'S why I couldn't remember what Fromage was! It wasn't in English so I never played it! I really hope you can translate it then! Then I'll be able to check it out.

Unless... wait... was it that little platformer where we play as a girl and we have to avoid monsters like worms?

That's the game. Plus, for the Willing Version, the messages will be changed to something more suited for the player who is running the game. For example, one notice might describe the Frog's digestive system like a full body massage, or something.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Wanderer » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Oh neat, I thought this was just a zombie topic, but actual progress is being made?

I loved Fromage's vore sequences for how they felt like an intimate experience between character and predator, especially as things went nice and slow through multiple stages of swallowing and digesting. Camel's games come close to replicating it, but somehow Fromage's always seemed best at it

seeing more predators and predator variety would be very welcome of course
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoreFan362 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 pm

Wanderer wrote:Oh neat, I thought this was just a zombie topic, but actual progress is being made?

I loved Fromage's vore sequences for how they felt like an intimate experience between character and predator, especially as things went nice and slow through multiple stages of swallowing and digesting. Camel's games come close to replicating it, but somehow Fromage's always seemed best at it

seeing more predators and predator variety would be very welcome of course

Yes, I had this on my mind all these years.

As do I. I am hacking the game into making it look like the girl WANTS to get eaten. I am wondering if the game could benefit from underwater levels. If that’s the case, predators would probably have an easier time swallowing the player.

I agree. I wonder if giantesses could be an option for outdoor levels.

I would have to learn how to program the new predators. That’s why I am trying to figure out what the MOT and EFF files are for. I strongly suspect that they are for graphic purposes. I just have to figure out what does what.

I hope that the results of my little project are appreciated, even though I am technically hacking the game. Not to worry, though, little games like these are as far as I can go in terms of hacking. Basically, I am just a Hobbyist Hacker, the kind hacker that does ROM hacking, and stuff like that. Generally harmless stuff. Well, in terms of what I am doing, anyways.

As a little history lesson on computers, the first people that used computers in the domestic setting were hackers. They basically acted like friendly rivals to regular programmers, stretching what software could do. For instance, a program writer could make a very basic Word Processor, and a hacker would expand the functionality of the program. For instance, the basic program could have a rich text functionality (coloring text, underline, bold, etc), while the hacker would add a functionality to add preset text styles. These kinds of hackers are like me, Hobbyists. Again, generally harmless stuff. It’s Hollywood that makes TRUE hacking to be a bad thing, while they are inaccurate. Tomorrow, I will record video footage for the hack, and I am going to see what the reception is like.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby VoreFan362 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 pm

thetrashman wrote:DRAGON TAIL DRAGON TAILS IT'S ALMOST FOR DRAGON TAIL EVERYBODY WISHED APOND A DRAGONS SCALE TAHT'S WHAT STARTED DRAGON TAILS

Uh… ok?
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby Holllo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:32 pm

So... where's the video? Screenshots?
Dad jokes and memes are my kink.
Holllo
New to the forum

Postby VoreFan362 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Holllo wrote:So... where's the video? Screenshots?

It’s being uploaded to my Sta.sh within the hour. I had to do some editing, and such.
VoreFan362
Participator

Postby VoreFan362 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:01 pm

The first sample video is up! Link: here. The next video will contain the English text. This is more to show that the character is showing that she is WILLING to feed the Predators.
VoreFan362
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game