Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby Kavvanshrike » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Quite a few mods simply havent been updated for the AE patch. Your options are either figure out how to downgrade to the last version of skyrim pre AE or wait for the authors of some of the hard requirements to update their mods. Even if all the hard requirements get updated this mod may or may not be broken until mark updates it for AE.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby LysanderDarwyn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:47 am

I'm having a bit of an issue with the mod.

Spoiler: show

- Upon opening Devourment in the MCM menu, the Devourment Logo does not come up.

- The General Settings tab is completely blank, even after waiting for a few mins.

- VFX, SFX and Misc settings is also blank.

-Weightmanager Settings is blank.

- Debugging is blank.

I also continually get "PapyrusUtil is not installed!" every time I load the game. In Dependancies it does show up as "PapyrusUtil 2(38,38)", so no clue what's going on.

Followed the installation video as well... :?
LysanderDarwyn
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:26 am

LysanderDarwyn wrote:I'm having a bit of an issue with the mod.

- Upon opening Devourment in the MCM menu, the Devourment Logo does not come up.

- The General Settings tab is completely blank, even after waiting for a few mins.

- Debugging is blank.

I also continually get "PapyrusUtil is not installed!" every time I load the game. In Dependancies it does show up as "PapyrusUtil 2(38,38)", so no clue what's going on.

Try setting MCM Helper to the latest version from before November 11th. It apparently got updated for AE, and the newest version won't work for SE. Much like most mods (Including refactor) won't work for AE. This has been quite a mess so far.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LysanderDarwyn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Gherking wrote:
LysanderDarwyn wrote:I'm having a bit of an issue with the mod.

- Debugging is blank.

Try setting MCM Helper to the latest version from before November 11th. It apparently got updated for AE, and the newest version won't work for SE. Much like most mods (Including refactor) won't work for AE. This has been quite a mess so far.

Worked like a charm! Thank you very much!
LysanderDarwyn
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:14 pm

So, I'm going to ask a question that I haven't seen asked before:

Among DR's dependencies, what (if any) is the absolute minimum required to get the mod working? Not necessarily completely functional, but capable of being loaded without causing a crash?

I know that, before I began fiddling, I could get Devourment Refactor up and running on an extremely basic level, albeit with several errors and misfires. I'd like to see if I can get it there again, so that I can start testing a couple of ideas that have been whirling around my brain.

So, does anyone know if what I'm suggesting is even possible?
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby naughty9000 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:49 am

I get dark face bug for this mod help please. :!: :!: :!:
naughty9000
Been posting for a bit

Postby disguy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:10 am

Isha wrote:So, I'm going to ask a question that I haven't seen asked before:

Among DR's dependencies, what (if any) is the absolute minimum required to get the mod working? Not necessarily completely functional, but capable of being loaded without causing a crash?

I know that, before I began fiddling, I could get Devourment Refactor up and running on an extremely basic level, albeit with several errors and misfires. I'd like to see if I can get it there again, so that I can start testing a couple of ideas that have been whirling around my brain.

So, does anyone know if what I'm suggesting is even possible?

That probably depends on what you mean specifically by "working". If you mean at least booting the game up without a crash (which sounds like what you're going for) then you can probably load only the stuff the mod has set as hard requirements in it it's .esm and hope you can get far in the game without a CTD. You'd also better hope that the game even allows you to eat anything under this setup -- probably at the minimum, you will be able to, but NPCs won't.

If you mean to the extent of actually being reasonably usable though, errors or not, then the minimum is pretty much all the requirements the mod has listed as "Hard Requirements" already. Keep in mind that there have been plenty of cases, myself included, where the mod failed to function for people because one of the prerequisite mods was still present but out of date for later versions. Even some of the recommended stuff are practically requirements if you want to actually use the mod and still have a smooth experience.
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:24 am

naughty9000 wrote:I get dark face bug for this mod help please. :!: :!: :!:

This ought to do it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/42441
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dasamppa » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:46 pm

So after troubleshooting issues here and there for a few days because my brain is smoother than the smoothest rock you've ever encountered, i now have an issue i'm a little stumped with, once i head into the mod settings in game, i'm first greeted with a message in the menu that says Error: click to view, which then brings up a prompt ''Config requires plugin version: 9''
Any clue what plugin this could be referring to?
This whole thing obviously comes with a few extra symptoms that i hope are fixed with this, such as belly model not working, i can eat up people without issue and all, just no belly and also pretty much all the devourment settings are also blanked out except for this error menu and the dependencies menu.
Just a squishy, teasy sea serpent
dasamppa
Been posting for a bit

Postby PSU Saga » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:50 pm

I've noticed that certain creature AI doesn't work after some of the update. Can't say I noticed until later, so I don't know if it is the last update or ones before it. But, Hagravens, Mammoths, Rabbits, Chickens, Cows, and probably others don't have their AI active. They don't move around or attack, but they can vore others if you get close enough. Other creatures like wolves, giants and saber cats and what not still move around and attack as normal.
PSU Saga
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:33 am

I've been looking into the whole SE-TO-AE update...

... and I'm seeing evidence that those Bethesda fucks DESTROYED how the SKSE works. Everything is now broken and obsolete.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby naughty9000 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:42 am

Gherking wrote:
naughty9000 wrote:I get dark face bug for this mod help please. :!: :!: :!:

This ought to do it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/42441

IT not work on Mia in College of Winterhold. :(
naughty9000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Masxohn » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:12 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:I've been looking into the whole SE-TO-AE update...

... and I'm seeing evidence that those Bethesda fucks DESTROYED how the SKSE works. Everything is now broken and obsolete.

Primary cause of that is the fact they used 2019 (I think visual studio?) instead of the one they had used prior, hence the result is everything breaking. The reason why they used the 2019 version is probably because they were told to do so (devs always have backups of just about the entire process) and/or they just didn't care or did it on purpose.
As for the reason for them doing it on purpose, modders always end up doing crazy, awesome, and/or interesting things that end up making the game better and/or do a better job (optimization, getting something working they couldn't, ect.), as a result they get pissed and try to sabotage or render it impossible to mod (tldr: they're petty).

Most likely based on what I've seen: They had to use 2019 version to compile it, either a result of no longer having access to the used prior version because Windows 10 or because they were mandated to do so. What leads me to believe this as being the most likely is that the SKSE dev got access to AE version a week or so before it launched to updated SKSE (either that or someone high up saw a PR nightmare in the making).
Masxohn
Participator

Postby TheMastermind » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Masxohn wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote:I've been looking into the whole SE-TO-AE update...

Primary cause of that is the fact they used 2019 (I think visual studio?) instead of the one they had used prior, hence the result is everything breaking. The reason why they used the 2019 version is probably because they were told to do so (devs always have backups of just about the entire process) and/or they just didn't care or did it on purpose.
As for the reason for them doing it on purpose, modders always end up doing crazy, awesome, and/or interesting things that end up making the game better and/or do a better job (optimization, getting something working they couldn't, ect.), as a result they get pissed and try to sabotage or render it impossible to mod (tldr: they're petty).

Most likely based on what I've seen: They had to use 2019 version to compile it, either a result of no longer having access to the used prior version because Windows 10 or because they were mandated to do so. What leads me to believe this as being the most likely is that the SKSE dev got access to AE version a week or so before it launched to updated SKSE (either that or someone high up saw a PR nightmare in the making).

Yes, they previously used Visual Studio 2015 for SE, but updated it to 2019 in AE. It changed something that SKSE fundamentally relied on and now it has to be totally re-written.
It's not so much that modding has been destroyed as some make it out to be, but that it's just more complicated for new players because they'll have to roll back to pre-AE before they can properly mod the game, and existing players have to be careful to never update it accidentally.
The only reason I even received the update was because I happened to accidentally launch it through steam that very day, which I almost never do. It was absolutely terrible luck.
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby tryharder69 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:50 am

hey havin a problem and can't find any similar ones in the backlog of posts that seem relevant:

whenever i try to eat someone, a bunch of menus come up asking for my character's weight with a bunch of modifier selections like -100, -10, +10, +100, +500. This happens several times one after another, for both my character and whoever i'm trying to eat. after i slog through all these nonsense popups, the prey is expelled because of "rotten flesh" despite my belly being empty. Additionally, the belly doesn't change at all visually

I think I followed all the installation instructions correctly, and everything else seems to work. do you guys know any way to fix this? thx
tryharder69
New to the forum

Postby lati65 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:53 am

This is starting to feel redundant now for me to ask but since i am still dealing with the "Unknown Error, Check JSON Syntax" i just want to ask if manually installing Refractor could potentially fix it, since i've just been using MO2 to install it. I'm only asking because i won't do it if there isn't the possibility that doing so would fix the issue. Yes, i do have all the dependencies installed correctly and my game is in english. I honestly am just looking for a way to fix this issue since Refractor has been a fun mod to use.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:05 am

tryharder69 wrote:hey havin a problem and can't find any similar ones in the backlog of posts that seem relevant:

whenever i try to eat someone, a bunch of menus come up asking for my character's weight with a bunch of modifier selections like -100, -10, +10, +100, +500. This happens several times one after another, for both my character and whoever i'm trying to eat. after i slog through all these nonsense popups, the prey is expelled because of "rotten flesh" despite my belly being empty. Additionally, the belly doesn't change at all visually

I think I followed all the installation instructions correctly, and everything else seems to work. do you guys know any way to fix this? thx

You'll need to install the correct version of Libfire. I'm not at my normal computer to re-attach it here, but I've put it up several times in the last few pages. Also, for the belly to appear, you need to batch build the 'bellies' group in Bodyslide.

lati65 wrote:This is starting to feel redundant now for me to ask but since i am still dealing with the "Unknown Error, Check JSON Syntax" i just want to ask if manually installing Refractor could potentially fix it, since i've just been using MO2 to install it. I'm only asking because i won't do it if there isn't the possibility that doing so would fix the issue. Yes, i do have all the dependencies installed correctly and my game is in english. I honestly am just looking for a way to fix this issue since Refractor has been a fun mod to use.

It very well might do, though I confess that I haven't seen anyone else have this exact issue before. Remind me, does this prevent the game from loading, saves from loading, or the MCM from showing up? If it doesn't do any of those things, then a screenshot of the dependencies tab might be enlightening.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lati65 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:54 pm

All it really does is cause some of the menus from loading in MCM, like General Settings doesn't load up and is just blank. Also how can i keep Skyrim SE from updating, i swear i had it set to update when launached and it still freaking updated itself back to AE without me launching the game. I will see about getting a screenshot once i get it sorted with that downgrade patcher again.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheMastermind » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:18 pm

lati65 wrote:All it really does is cause some of the menus from loading in MCM, like General Settings doesn't load up and is just blank. Also how can i keep Skyrim SE from updating, i swear i had it set to update when launached and it still freaking updated itself back to AE without me launching the game. I will see about getting a screenshot once i get it sorted with that downgrade patcher again.

Go to steam, click properties, then go to the Updates tab on the left, and tell it to only update when you launch the game.
After that, never launch it through Steam ever again, only through SKSE.
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:32 pm

lati65 wrote:All it really does is cause some of the menus from loading in MCM, like General Settings doesn't load up and is just blank. Also how can i keep Skyrim SE from updating, i swear i had it set to update when launached and it still freaking updated itself back to AE without me launching the game. I will see about getting a screenshot once i get it sorted with that downgrade patcher again.

If you're having an issue with tabs of the MCM not loading, then downgrade MCM Helper to version 1.3.0
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game