Devour And Dominate (now with a Discord) [M/F] 0.0.32

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore harem game [M/F]

Postby ehur » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:14 am

It would be helpful if the devour command didn't do damage. I have, a few times, missed out when the second devour use just flat out killed the enemy and ended the fight.

It'd also be handy if there was a "nonlethal" attack that guaranteed not dropping an opponent. Using the leveler statue sorta shows how frustrating a fleshed out version could be if you're trying to get a low-leveled capture with mid/late game stats. Though, if the intended gameplay is to "swap out" party members to keep their levels low enough to be useful, I'd understand the absence of a nonlethal attack.

Still, pretty interesting concept you have here.
ehur
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:50 am

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:1) Some of the tedium needs to be cut down, I think, because tedium tends to take people out of the game (in my experience). Use the plugin that auto-picks "Fight" after the first time instead of having you pick it every time. The plugin always lets you access Escape by backing out, but it makes it a lot less tedious to fight if it's pre-chosen per turn. I'd make Willpower cost twice as much but only need one cast, if you can (I'm not sure of how you coded it).

Thanks. I'll try to find that plugin right away. As for willpower, it's just one of the skills that came with RPG maker. I plan to make a full original set of skills for the game once I finish making the core mechanics work. That being said, I'll see what I can do and fix it.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:2) Tell players that the prison where you can drop girls actually has a heal point, 'cause I hadn't checked it out until then since I didn't realize it did. It might also be a good idea to have the player start inside there, so they know it's their "base".

That shouldn't be necessary next update as I plan to replace it with a inn.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:3) On that note, make it so that if the battle is lost, you just return to the city. Again, since this is just a demo, there's no reason for it to go to Game Over if you lose. Since the girls are encounters on the map, it should be pretty easy to set that up.

Understood. I'll take out dying next update.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:4) Swallow is typo'd -- you have it "Swollow", it's got the a.

Sorry. Always got confused by the spelling of it for some reason.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:5) It might also be good to just make Devour not cost TP at all.If you want to keep Devour having a cost, my suggestion would be to make the player have a skill they can use to raise their TP, so you're not going "Guard, Guard, Guard, try to Devour, guard, guard, guard," etc. if you're having trouble. Have it give them TP equal to a try of Devour, maybe? This is especially important when some of your other attacks use TP too, to have some way to recover it that's not just guarding.

Don't worry. I already plan to reduce the cost of Devour next update. I'll also add a skill to increase TP as well. I myself have been getting frustrated with the cost while playtesting some thing that will come in the next version.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:6) On THAT note, having a starting special skill might be a good idea. Maybe a False Swipe-type attack where it drops the girl's HP but will never kill her/drop it below 1?

I'd love to do that. Only problem is I don't know how to make that. I'll try looking online and seeing if I can find a solution and if not, try to see if I can talk to someone more experienced with RPG maker than I am and asking them for advice.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:7) You might want to fix the collision on the pillars, since you should be able to walk behind the top of them.

Understood. Consider it already done.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:8 ) I hit a glitch where I swallowed a Fire Chick, went to put her in the cell, and it was a Thunder Loli again. Both cells did this, and when I backed out of one, it forced me to swallow her. I tried again with an Ice Maid, same problem. Not sure what caused the glitch, but it basically perma-locked me into Thunder Lolis.

That's a interesting glitch. I'll make sure to investigate it and see what needs fixing.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Also this is more just a casual one, not a super serious suggestion, but you could let the player input their name at the start. This isn't necessary or anything, especially as a demo, but it might be a neat addition, unless you plan to not give the main character a name.

That shouldn't be too hard. I'll put it in next update.
Last edited by DevourerOfLolis on Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:54 am

Nalzindar wrote:I like the game concept and have tried your game :) , and since most bugs already have been pointed out in messages above, then perhaps I can suggest something for the game play?

You could add missions/quests to the game. Some people may be in need for something, like; rescue a maiden, retrieve a ring or dispose (eat) someone etc, Completing a mission can give you items or money.

There could be vore-themed pictures which the hero can collect in a gallery. The pictures could be hidden away in chests, be reward for a mission etc. These can be custom made or random pictures, maybe donated from artists here on Eka's? (I could help with pictures if you should be interested)

Perhaps there could be points for "good" or "bad" choices, which leads to different scenarios?
For example, eating a girl you are supposed to save might lead to one kind of scenario (you get the princess' tiara which you can sell for money), while rescuing her from a dragon and take her home leads to another scene (sex scene).

Maybe being able to get new clothes for your harem girls? A feature which can be unlocked after completing a quest or be bought at a special store.

These are just some suggestions, and no matter how you choose to develop your game, I am looking forward to future updates :D

As I said to Voytsik, a lot of these features I already plan to put in. It's just that at the moment, I'm focusing on getting the mechanics to work. That being said, I do like some of these suggestions and will make sure to take note of them.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 am

Persona59523 wrote:I got a complaint where the game is not set in a single file. Or more accurately, you didn't set up the download to put everything in a folder first, then download that folder. That is a huge problem because that forces the person to download everything one at a time and flood their download box.

Sorry. This is my first time uploading a whole file for public download like this. I'll see what I can do to fix it with the next version's release.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:04 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Piques my curiosity for sure... not fond of the unwilling but I'm wondering how this game will turn out.
I'll keep tabs on this game, let's hope it doesn't end up in 'developer limbo'

Once I'm finished with make the core systems work, I'll start adding new girls and stuff to the game. I'm fully planning to make at least some of them willing prey.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:07 am

Phorcyz19 wrote:The core concept is great, though I do think the balancing needs work. I'd also recommend finding a proofreader as I have seen quite a few typos in the game

I was aware balancing will probably start off a bit wonky as the main priority at this stage is to get all the core systems to work. Once that's finished, I'll take balancing more seriously.

As for a proofreader, I haven't really thought of that. I'll start looking for one in the future.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:09 am

umakeisee wrote:Great start, but things could be clearer. I'd specify how girls digest. I assume it's determined by battle count, but I'm not sure. I also agree that the devour value is way too high. It took me clearing the entire bunny forest twice before I finally devoured one completely. If possible, disabling swallow in combat would help. I thought I had to use it to finish off the prey, not swallow again.

Noted. I'll include a better description for how vore works in game in the next update. And don't worry, the Devour skill will be better balanced as well.

Persona59523 wrote:I agree with this person. If you're going to have the swallow feature, you can either use it to finish devouring someone, or just don't have it at all. Speaking of devouring someone, are you mainly going to focus on one prey at a time, or will this dude hunger get so great, he'll eat several ladies at once?

Swallow is mainly for eating girls that are in your party. I'll see if I can combine the two next update. As for how many girls you can eat at a time, right now you can only eat one, but once I'm finished with getting things working, I'll make one of the thing you can do in game is upgrade your stomach capacity. Allowing you to eat multiple girls at once.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:18 am

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:
umakeisee wrote:Great start, but things could be clearer. I'd specify how girls digest. I assume it's determined by battle count, but I'm not sure. I also agree that the devour value is way too high. It took me clearing the entire bunny forest twice before I finally devoured one completely. If possible, disabling swallow in combat would help. I thought I had to use it to finish off the prey, not swallow again.

It's either time passed or steps passed; battles from what I could tell actually slowed it down.

You are correct, it's time passed. I plan to include a better gauge for how far along girls are in the digestion process in the next update. If people are still unsatisfied with how digestion works after that, I'll include a item that can speed up digestion or even change how it works entirely in a future update.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 am

umakeisee wrote:
BrokenButterfly45 wrote:

It's either time passed or steps passed; battles from what I could tell actually slowed it down.

It seemed to be battles for me since I got some form of healing from fighting while full. I don't know a lot about RPG Maker, so I don't know how counters for stuff like that work. Most examples I can think of are based off screen changes.

Passive healing is one of the benefits of fighting on a full stomach. It should be a bigger deal in the future when the game is farther along in it's development and there's actual quests and dungeons in it.
As for Swallow, I'd like to make it only visible while in the skill menu out of battle, but I don't know how.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:25 am

ehur wrote:It would be helpful if the devour command didn't do damage. I have, a few times, missed out when the second devour use just flat out killed the enemy and ended the fight.

It'd also be handy if there was a "nonlethal" attack that guaranteed not dropping an opponent. Using the leveler statue sorta shows how frustrating a fleshed out version could be if you're trying to get a low-leveled capture with mid/late game stats. Though, if the intended gameplay is to "swap out" party members to keep their levels low enough to be useful, I'd understand the absence of a nonlethal attack.

Still, pretty interesting concept you have here.

I plan to make it that Devour doesn't do damage in the next update as I've been getting frustrated with it as well while testing things. As for a move that doesn't lower a enemy's HP past 1, I'll have to figure out how to program that.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:34 pm

DevourerOfLolis wrote:Thanks. I'll try to find that plugin right away. As for willpower, it's just one of the skills that came with RPG maker. I plan to make a full original set of skills for the game once I finish making the core mechanics work. That being said, I'll see what I can do and fix it.

It's going to depend on what RPG maker you're using (it LOOKS like MV?), but believe it's one of Yanfly's battle ones, though I'm not too sure. If you give me a screencap of Willpower in the skill coding menu, I can see if I can figure it out if you need the help.

DevourerOfLolis wrote:That shouldn't be necessary next update as I plan to replace it with a inn

Excellent, that's a fantastic idea.

DevourerOfLolis wrote:Sorry. Always got confused by the spelling of it for some reason.

It happens! I can think of quite a few I do that for. XD Though out of curiosity, what is that ability even for? It doesn't seem to have an effect I could find.

DevourerOfLolis wrote:Don't worry. I already plan to reduce the cost of Devour next update. I'll also add a skill to increase TP as well. I myself have been getting frustrated with the cost while playtesting some thing that will come in the next version.

Ah, excellent! That sounds like it should solve the problem easily.

DevourerOfLolis wrote:I'd love to do that. Only problem is I don't know how to make that. I'll try looking online and seeing if I can find a solution and if not, try to see if I can talk to someone more experienced with RPG maker than I am and asking them for advice.

*cheery wave!* I've actually got a false swipe skill in my own game. Want me to give you the formula for it?

DevourerOfLolis wrote:As for Swallow, I'd like to make it only visible while in the skill menu out of battle, but I don't know how.

Just to clarify, you want the skill to only appear outside of battle, if you check the skill menu? I can take a look at what I have and see if I can make that work, if you like. Again, though, it depends on what RPG maker you're using.
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:16 pm

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:It's going to depend on what RPG maker you're using (it LOOKS like MV?), but believe it's one of Yanfly's battle ones, though I'm not too sure. If you give me a screencap of Willpower in the skill coding menu, I can see if I can figure it out if you need the help.

I'm using MZ. As for willpower, I think I have a solution.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:It happens! I can think of quite a few I do that for. XD Though out of curiosity, what is that ability even for? It doesn't seem to have an effect I could find.

The skill is for eating the girls in your harem. I'm thinking of finding a way to combine it with Devour in order to clean things up a bit. Just need to figure out how.

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:*cheery wave!* I've actually got a false swipe skill in my own game. Want me to give you the formula for it?

I'd love to have it. It would really help make the game less frustrating. Especially during playtesting.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Randomdude5 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:00 pm

I tried this, and I like it, and think it has potential. Most of what I would ask for has already been mentioned in your "Features that will be added in the future", or in other people's comments. I guess I will state them anyway. I want willing prey, more interaction and conversation with the girls, HP bars for the enemies, something to show how digestion is progressing, and an attack that damages, but doesn't kill the girls. I also noticed a bug that occurs sometimes when I eat an enemy where the text says she escapes, and the fight ends, but devourer has her in his stomach anyways. Another bug I seem to have is; None of the enemies are respawning.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:32 pm

Randomdude5 wrote:I tried this, and I like it, and think it has potential. Most of what I would ask for has already been mentioned in your "Features that will be added in the future", or in other people's comments. I guess I will state them anyway. I want willing prey, more interaction and conversation with the girls, HP bars for the enemies, something to show how digestion is progressing, and an attack that damages, but doesn't kill the girls. I also noticed a bug that occurs sometimes when I eat an enemy where the text says she escapes, and the fight ends, but devourer has her in his stomach anyways. Another bug I seem to have is; None of the enemies are respawning.

Yea. The girls escaping text is because of how it handles the switch between the eaten state and the swallowed state. I'll try to see what I can do.

As for the enemies not respawning, it's because the timer for how long it takes for them to respawn is too long and resets every time you leave a area or fight another enemy before it finishes. I plan to fix that next update.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Now a question for y'all. You guys know where to find sound effects for RPG maker? namely stomach sounds? A feature I'm putting in the next update doesn't seem complete because there's no digestion sounds to go with it.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:04 am

Here's my coding for my False Swipe-style skill. I'm not sure if it works in MZ, but it's similar to MV, so theoretically it should; if nothing else this gives you a starting point.

This is the code:
Math.min((50 + a.atk * 2 - b.def * 2), b.hp - 1)

How it works is that it's a condition formula; it tells the game that, when the skill is used, it needs to generate two numbers and then go with only one of them. In this case, because of the modifier .min, that tells the game that between the two numbers chosen, it needs to use the smaller. (50 + a.atk * 2 - b.def * 2) is just your basic damage formula, while b.hp - 1 is telling it to generate a number that's one less than their current HP. This does mean that the skill does less damage as the enemy is near death, but I don't think that's a problem in this case.

The blank formula, for anyone who needs it, is this (where X and Y are the two numbers you want it to pick between):
Math.min(X, Y)
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:36 am

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Here's my coding for my False Swipe-style skill. I'm not sure if it works in MZ, but it's similar to MV, so theoretically it should; if nothing else this gives you a starting point.

This is the code:

How it works is that it's a condition formula; it tells the game that, when the skill is used, it needs to generate two numbers and then go with only one of them. In this case, because of the modifier .min, that tells the game that between the two numbers chosen, it needs to use the smaller. (50 + a.atk * 2 - b.def * 2) is just your basic damage formula, while b.hp - 1 is telling it to generate a number that's one less than their current HP. This does mean that the skill does less damage as the enemy is near death, but I don't think that's a problem in this case.

The blank formula, for anyone who needs it, is this (where X and Y are the two numbers you want it to pick between):
Math.min(X, Y)

I know nothing about coding in RPG Maker, but would it be possible to make an attack that has a check for zero or less enemy health, then heals for negative enemy health +1? If any negative health rounds up to zero, it would be even easier. If enemy health = 0, heal 1 enemy health.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:16 am

BrokenButterfly45 wrote:Here's my coding for my False Swipe-style skill. I'm not sure if it works in MZ, but it's similar to MV, so theoretically it should; if nothing else this gives you a starting point.

This is the code:

Math.min(X, Y)

Thanks. I'll try it out.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Unidentified17 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:33 am

I'm really loving the game so far though I'm kind of disappointed they thire wont be any alternative Vore. I understand its not your thing so i wount say any more.

Changing topics I read your a bit conflicted on wither you should include Female preds because you want to keep it M/F ,but maybe you could make it work like a legendary pokemon where thires only one per game and it's hard to catch. Meaning It'll mostly be a M/F game with one female pred.
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Unidentified17 wrote:Changing topics I read your a bit conflicted on wither you should include Female preds because you want to keep it M/F ,but maybe you could make it work like a legendary pokemon where thires only one per game and it's hard to catch. Meaning It'll mostly be a M/F game with one female pred.

Yea. That would work great! I'll think about it.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game