Rina's Journey - Expansion. (01-16-22) Bug Fix release V0.3

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Rina's Journey - Expansion. (01-10-22) Test build releas

Postby andruusha » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 am

I'm playing with joiplay and can't enter a name at the start of the game. Give me an empty save please :cry:
andruusha
New to the forum

Postby disguy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:51 am

sladearanzero wrote:I personally don't like Male vore content but it is your game so no-one can dictate what you add to it. I think some people might be worried that it will start to lean to more of that type of content which would be a departure from the original focus of the game but again that would be your decision.

Here's a quote from Equino themself:
equino wrote:New content is going to be around 65% female only, with 35% being either male or both male and female.

So based on that, you'll definitely see more male content, but nowhere near as much as female stuff, and it'll apparently be skippable/avoidable at that so I'd say it's mostly a net profit for the female fans :P.

I'll say this though, as someone who's on the opposite side with a disinterest in female predators (usually anyway), I gave the game a try just to see what people liked about the original in particular so much. If I'm to be honest...the expanded content in particular - and the significant quality increase is very apparent when it happens - is the only thing really impressing me about the game while the original shows its age a bit at times.

I suppose consider everything past this point a mini-review of sorts though: The spritework alone in the expansion is honestly very impressive and definitely what I like the most. The sex animations were extremely seamless, on a level where it's very refreshing to see spritework of this quality from an RPG Maker game in particular. With the kind of games that typically comes out of this engine, I expected the most a person could do is slap two crudely-edited humanoid sprites on top of each other, have the top sprite shift up and down, and that's the closest thing to a sex animation you could do, so hey, props to you for proving me wrong there!

The only other thing I definitely have to comment on is the writing. I admit that the English for the original content is fairly rough, and was fairly repetitive during the actual vore scenes. In comparison, the writing in the expansion is significantly improved; the flow of the story keeps moving at a reasonable pace and sticks quite well to the "show, don't tell" rule of visual stories, which again, is bolstered by the impressive spritework.

That's about all I can say on what I've played so far though. I'll admit that since the game ultimately has more of an emphasis on females, I probably won't follow the game as closely as other people might, but I'm definitely impressed by what I've seen so far, may check in on it every now and then anyway with every few new updates. Definitely impressed by what I've seen so far, though!
Last edited by disguy on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby andruusha » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 am

Please remove the name entry on the home screen, otherwise I can not enter the name, because I play with joiplay on android.
andruusha
New to the forum

Postby equino » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm

andruusha wrote:Please remove the name entry on the home screen, otherwise I can not enter the name, because I play with joiplay on android.

The name entry potion is for save data. If I include a new save file would that help? I think you still have to enter the name though on the the title screen to load it. Otherwise the game is probably not going to be supported on Android until Joiplay allows that function to work. I always do blank save names anyways. (just hit enter?)
equino
Somewhat familiar

Postby vincentvchaos » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm

Personally, I quite enjoy the sex sprites. The fact that you're inside the catgirl, and the outcomes can change depending on what you choose is pretty cool. I don't think I've seen that pretty much anywhere else.

Admittedly, I wish it wasn't a dude, but, like, a futa or something. But I know not everyone is into that, haha. I'm looking forward to what else is added!
vincentvchaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:33 am

I really like the work you have put into this and fixing the old scenes so well done on that!

If you ask on what content we'd like added in the future, I'd also request to keep the focus on female preds, or at least make the male pred parts skippable.

This is a minor thing and doesn't need altering, but I was surprised to see the catgirl remorseful after digesting Rina. Especially as you can get to that ending in a route where the catgirl knowing and willingly tries to digest her. And in another timeline she'd be perfectly happy not to only eat Rina but her friends too.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pou28 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 pm

Amazing expansion so far!

Sadly I got softlocked at the tent scene. When you enter the tent with the two girls, you get pushed into the vagina, but the tongue eventually stops moving and you can't move either. Aside from that...I don't know what you have to do in general to advance the plot. Rina saying that she wants to help miss Cat girl and Hilda, but how?
Pou28
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:18 pm

Pou28 wrote:Amazing expansion so far!

Sadly I got softlocked at the tent scene. When you enter the tent with the two girls, you get pushed into the vagina, but the tongue eventually stops moving and you can't move either. Aside from that...I don't know what you have to do in general to advance the plot. Rina saying that she wants to help miss Cat girl and Hilda, but how?

I'll give you a little hint as to how to advance the story: What in the tent would be useful for someone who is likely lost in the woods?
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby equino » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Pou28 wrote:Amazing expansion so far!

I'm working on a fix for the tongue scene this weekend. Though if you don't move the character with your keys while in the scene it shouldn't lock up. Just an FYI.

The_Prof gives a hint as far as what to do in the tent to progress the story. The Thief in the game also makes a useful comment while in the tent.
equino
Somewhat familiar

Re: Rina's Journey - Expansion. (01-16-22) Bug Fix release V

Postby equino » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Alright, since it seems like the bug reports have stopped trickling in, I'm formally releasing the final version of this release with the fixes from what's been found in this thread. There is no new content in this release, just bug fixes. Unless there are any other major bugs that are show stoppers the next game release will contain new content.

I'm about 50% complete with the sprite and animation work for the next build, so I've got a few more weeks of sprite work to knock out for the next release, and then map building, followed by body maps, and then lastly writing and clean up code work.

I'm not going to state a release date until I've at least got the bulk of the release in a state content wise where I can finish it within a reasonable time period. I will be periodically updating the status section of the main post with completion percentages as I get time to work on things to avoid posts asking about when it will be done or if it is still being worked on.

Save files for the next release might get broken, since I'm building a new party member character, But I'll make sure to create a teleporter to the start of this release's content so you won't have to play through the entire game again to at least see the new stuff. (I'm going to try and not break anything but... I've said that before!)

Next release will contain:
Spoiler: show

Scenes explaining why the wolves are so hangry.
Scenes explaining what has happened to the rest of our party.
The gang meets an Elf.
Multiple potential endings in the village itself. Similar to how the main town was. As of right now all scenes are optional, except for possibly one. Mixture of Preds/prey. Going to be very sandboxy.
Mixture of sprite vore and body map vore scenes. Body maps might be tile only, picture based, or a combination of the two. most scenes will be game overs, a few will not be.
There will be sex.
That's about all I'm going to commit to for now.

I will probably drop a test build here first before an 'official' release just so I can get a head start on bugs, depends on what I have for bug testers. If you are going to contact me about being a bug tester please note that you'll need to test ALL the scenes, not just the ones that tickle your pickle.

Thanks! Glad it's been mostly well received!
equino
Somewhat familiar

Postby SillyLilBug » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:36 pm

Oooh this looks amazing so far! Really like that there's some M/f content too. It's a nice addition that broadens your audience and makes it more fun to play for more people, which is by no means a waste of time. Many folks are really appreciative to see such an addition and the time and effort you've taken to implement them, myself included.

It's a shame some folks pitch a fit and act entitled whenever male preds are included, just because it's not their personal preference and the game doesn't cater to them alone. If they don't like it, they can play a different game or go make their own instead of crapping all over someone else's hard work. Just irks me whenever I see that kind of behavior towards devs and content creators in the community.

Vore Twitter is really active and has a lot of folks that appreciate male preds and M/f content if you wanted to advertise it there too. You could also list it on Vorea.live which is a great platform for finding vore games. I know you probably have your plate full atm, but just throwing out some ideas to expand your reach if you were remotely interested. Feel free to ignore :)
SillyLilBug
New to the forum

Postby InverseTacquito » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:31 pm

Here's another bug for you, the tent scene is a softlock. Rina gets pushed in a bit by the tongue and it catches there indefinitely.
Also, the save files still think you're Carmen, for some reason.
I'd recommend being sure to do a playtest of every automatic scene and transition when you're doing the rounds before clearing it for release; that seems to be where things break the most.
"Anyone, anywhere can be a success. The key is lowering your standards."
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby equino » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:47 pm

InverseTacquito wrote:Here's another bug for you, the tent scene is a softlock. Rina gets pushed in a bit by the tongue and it catches there indefinitely.
I'd recommend being sure to do a playtest of every automatic scene and transition when you're doing the rounds before clearing it for release; that seems to be where things break the most.

Is that from the newest release? (.30)? For me it works just fine, How did you enter the vagina? When I enter in from the right side everything works fine.
equino
Somewhat familiar

Postby InverseTacquito » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 am

equino wrote:
InverseTacquito wrote:Here's another bug for you, the tent scene is a softlock. Rina gets pushed in a bit by the tongue and it catches there indefinitely.

Is that from the newest release? (.30)? For me it works just fine, How did you enter the vagina? When I enter in from the right side everything works fine.

It is the latest release, and I just tried from that side since you said, but that makes no difference either. Beyond that, the side you enter from if all points are accessible shouldn't make a difference, seeing as they'd all lead into the same transition?
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Yoshi174 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:43 am

SillyLilBug wrote:Oooh this looks amazing so far! Really like that there's some M/f content too. It's a nice addition that broadens your audience and makes it more fun to play for more people, which is by no means a waste of time. Many folks are really appreciative to see such an addition and the time and effort you've taken to implement them, myself included.

It's a shame some folks pitch a fit and act entitled whenever male preds are included, just because it's not their personal preference and the game doesn't cater to them alone. If they don't like it, they can play a different game or go make their own instead of crapping all over someone else's hard work. Just irks me whenever I see that kind of behavior towards devs and content creators in the community.

Vore Twitter is really active and has a lot of folks that appreciate male preds and M/f content if you wanted to advertise it there too. You could also list it on Vorea.live which is a great platform for finding vore games. I know you probably have your plate full atm, but just throwing out some ideas to expand your reach if you were remotely interested. Feel free to ignore :)

frankh24 wrote:Hey to everyone complaining about the male content ITS NOT YOUR GAME. This is completely free content that you can choose to play or don't play at your leisure if you don't like it don't play it or MAKE YOUR OWN. Apologies for being rude it just pisses me off the the first comment is a complaint and I don't want equino to be discouraged from his creative endeavors. And to equino great job man when I found your continuation it knocked my socks off keep up the good work. Haven't been able to play this update yet joiplay doesn't seem to like it and refuses to launch. But I'm super stoked to try it out.

I was asked to provide feedback and testing when OP initially started working on this over a year and half ago, and was happy to see a first release of this. People have preferences and seek out content that fits what they like. Adding animals and males to the game is disappointing since it moves away from what the game originally focused on.
Yoshi174
Participator

Postby equino » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm

Yoshi174 wrote:I was asked to provide feedback and testing when OP initially started working on this over a year and half ago, and was happy to see a first release of this. People have preferences and seek out content that fits what they like. Adding animals and males to the game is disappointing since it moves away from what the game originally focused on.

I understand where you are coming from Yoshi.

I just want to clarify that there were already males characters in the game, just no scenes that directly involved male characters. As far as the animals comment goes, there already was the cat girl, Naga, harpy, goo/water girl, plant girl, bunny girl, and mouse girls (referenced). So a village of wolf folks isn't that far outside of left field, given how close lycan/lycanthrope are in the monster world.

I get that people have their personal tastes, and that they aren't going to like every new scene I add, but the inclusion of these things gives me more flexibility in both story telling and scene variety. Now I've got a much more open canvas to work in new characters, scenes and situations. Hopefully that clarifies everything going forward, so we don't have to keep revisiting this discussion.
equino
Somewhat familiar

Postby Drake3396 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:19 pm

Let me just say, I love when people complain about a free thing that isn't completely to their specific liking in a niche community forum like they just own the thing, not even giving actual critic of the thing just "I don't like 'x' thing." or "so and so did it better.", like bro/sis/fam thats nice and all, but this is the creator's/developer's vision of the thing. And if you're just gonna sit there and complain about it maybe keep it to yourself, yeah?

All that being said, love the game, could do with a little bit of touch up here and there but nothing glaring, keep up the good work, Equino. :D
Drake3396
New to the forum

Postby InverseTacquito » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:05 am

Yoshi174 wrote:
SillyLilBug wrote:Oooh this looks amazing so far! Really like that there's some M/f content too. It's a nice addition that broadens your audience and makes it more fun to play for more people, which is by no means a waste of time. Many folks are really appreciative to see such an addition and the time and effort you've taken to implement them, myself included.

frankh24 wrote:Hey to everyone complaining about the male content ITS NOT YOUR GAME. This is completely free content that you can choose to play or don't play at your leisure if you don't like it don't play it or MAKE YOUR OWN. Apologies for being rude it just pisses me off the the first comment is a complaint and I don't want equino to be discouraged from his creative endeavors. And to equino great job man when I found your continuation it knocked my socks off keep up the good work. Haven't been able to play this update yet joiplay doesn't seem to like it and refuses to launch. But I'm super stoked to try it out.

I was asked to provide feedback and testing when OP initially started working on this over a year and half ago, and was happy to see a first release of this. People have preferences and seek out content that fits what they like. Adding animals and males to the game is disappointing since it moves away from what the game originally focused on.

Look man, you're ignoring the main point of contention here: it honestly doesn't matter what the game was "originally focused on", because the original creator dipped. If it were a complete departure, maybe you'd have a leg to stand on, but you're pitching a fit about literally three scenes in an update that has effectively doubled the original existing content at least. If equino wasn't working on it, you wouldn't have anything, period. The game would be dead. The game was dead; it's by their hand only that it is no longer dead.

So...yeah, they've honestly got you dead to rights on this one. You're getting nettled over a dude, a wolf, and a frog existing amongst a plethora of women scenes with virtually every avenue present, multiple times over. Scenes that you are given warning of and/or the option to entirely skip. Gotta get some perspective, friend.
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tomfoolery » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:09 am

Pretty psyched this is getting worked on again. Pretty sure this is one of the first vore games I played, and despite how little there was originally, I was pretty fond of it. What's been added so far has been pretty fun, and it's good to hear development is going forward with a solid plan in mind. Keep up the good work equino, you're making a strong start!
Tomfoolery
Been posting for a bit

Postby Drake3396 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:03 am

Yoshi174 wrote:
Something being free doesn't absolve it of constructive criticism. Most content these days is "free."

First off, you're not the only one in the thread, so don't assume everything said is about you.
Re-reading through what you said. What you said is not "constructive criticism", its rationalized criticism, for it to be constructive criticism you have to actually be providing something of a fix or example to the critiqued subject that doesn't get summed up as, "revert the game because it was better before.".
Yes, while something being free doesn't absolve it of critique, it provides you with a unique solution, and this goes to everyone that wants to complain about some small thing and not actually provide a real constructive critique of the free still in development thing, you don't lose anything material, so it ain't that deep, you can move on to something else.
Since I'm sure it needs to be re-iterated at this point, literally ALL things you are griping about, are completely OPTIONAL, as in you can skip them, as in you don't have to see them at all if you don't want to.
And this last part is going to sound like such a weird solution to your problem, if the game isn't to your liking and the person working on it between work and life in short bursts isn't doing it how you want, you are fully capable of taking the original game and source code, and making whatever changes you want...
Drake3396
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game