Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V6A (2024 March 05)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V6A (2024 March 05)

Postby TheFetishBeast » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:44 pm

Hey everyone, TheFetishBeast here. Sure was a long time ago since I last posted a new project here (Or updated any of my old ones). Well, that is changing now. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Predatorial

Now, what is Predatorial? Honestly, something that I'm hyping up way too much. It's really just another RPG Maker VX Ace vore game. So, what's special about this one? Well, I'll tell you all about it and then you can judge if it's worth your time or not.

First of all, you might notice that I've opened a new thread for this game rather than putting it in my collection thread. There's a few reasons for that. First, this is easily gonna be my most major project yet (Because that's how I do things. My projects keep getting bigger and bigger). I intend for it to be so big that it not only needs it's own thread but I've also opened a Discord server for it (See what I mean when I say that I'm hyping it too much?). Also, that collection thread of mine, I'm pretty much gonna abandon it. I'll tell you why soon.

Now, what about the game itself? What can you expect to find in it? Well, allow me to tell you about that in smaller segments (Am I wording that right?).
RPG
This game is an RPG. It has all the common RPG elements. Levels, adventure, weapons, items, story- you get the idea.
Hub village
Similar to Vore Crawler, one of my other projects, the game has a village that you will return to regularly. That's the place where you'll be resting, buying stuff, finding most quests and, and feel free to shoot me for this one, it's the only place where you can save the game (Atually, that's kind of a lie as there are other places you can save the game as well but, unlike other RPG Maker games, you can't save from the menu).
Recruitment
Also similar to Vore Crawler, you can recruit adventurers. If you go to the bulletin board in the main village (What's name is Sleepwell by the way), you can recruit up to three adventurers at one time. When you do, you get to choose a few options for these adventurers. Specifically, their race (Affects their skills), their level (Affects the price for recruiting them), and even their name, gender and what they look like. Speaking of which...
Character creation
In this game, you get to create your main character. I dipped my toe into this hell of a system with Vore Crawler. This time, I'm embracing a cactus (Any of this make any sense? ^_^ ). This time, you get to choose your main character's race (Number of choices likely to increase in the future), whether prey or predator (Character always starts as prey, can be changed later once completing certain quests), name, gender and your character's general looks. At the moment, this system is very poor and I intend to expand and improve it.
Stat distribution
Leveling up alone is not gonna be enough to become stronger. Every time you level up, you'll get stat points that you can distribute freely among your stats. Go to the stat distribution menu and distribute stat points to which ever stat you prefer. This allows for further character customization (*cough*ProJared*cough*) as you could, for example, turn a magical elven character into a brute force warrior.
Befriending predators
In the various areas outside the main village, you can come across different predators (Currently one per area). You encounter them just the same as any other battle and then you get to choose if you wanna befriend them, fight them or just leave them alone. If you manage to successfully befriend them, they will join your party as a playable character.
At the moment, this system doesn't actually do anything. On your main character, you have two reputation stats, Paragon and Renegade (*cough*Mass Effect*cough*). These stats will increase depending on your actions during quests and whatnot. However, these stats will also decrease everytime you go to sleep. Recruits and predators will also have an additional stat, affection. The longer you have a recruit and/or predator in your party, the higher their affection for you will be. What exactly I'm gonna do with this system, I don't yet know.
The garden
I say that the game has a hub village but it kind of has two. The village is a place that has a lot of facilities that you can use to prepare for your adventures. The garden is a place where you can recreate those same facilities, and more, and expand upon them. Basically, it's your own base, your own village (Maybe you'll even get to give it a name in the future. Hmm...).
The library
Oh boy, this is the big one. This is, get this, the reason why I'm abandoning my collection thread. The library is a place in the game where you can read various stories (At the moment, there's only two stories, one of which is not yet complete). I say stories but, most of the time, they're gonna be games in the game. Like, actual games. You know all those games that I made with RPG Maker VX Ace and put in my collection thread? I intend to recreate most of them and put them in this library. This is why I'm abandoning that thread. I'm a little worried that this might end up making the game so big that it's not gonna run anymore (I'm not sure if RPG Maker VX Ace has such a limit) but, like I said, this is gonna be my biggest project yet. I kinda prefer the idea of having one big game where I can put all of my projects rather than several small ones. I mean, that's why I had one thread with a collection of games in the first place.

There, those are the game's main features. But, aren't we missing something? Why, the vore, of course.
Vore Default Battle System
This game is using a script by Dramatic Lightning Co. (Also known as polyedit2000) called the Vore Default Battle System (VoreDBS or VDBS). It's a script that adds a vore functionality to battles (I'm sure you could use the same script for other things too if you just change some words around). The way I've set it up, if your character has 50 AP, they can use the devour skill on an enemy target for a chance to eat them. Once eaten, you get to digest them and they have to struggle to escape. This system works the same for enemies as well. There isn't really much to it, I've changed some graphics around for certain enemies should they eat you but, me being me, the quality is pretty poor (Anyone feel like pointing out my low self-esteem yet? ^_^ ). Also, the script is kind of messy right now and riddled with bugs so I'm hoping that I can persuade Dramatic Lightning Co. to do a couple bugfixes (You know, I just realized that his name shortened becomes DLC... I wonder if that's intentional).
Other vore things
Vore is not limited to battles only. Just like any of my other projects, vore can happen in many ways and places. They can be willing or unwilling, same-size or macro/micro, digestion or endosoma, in the village or out in the wild, human or furry, hardvore or softvore- it all depends on what I feel like. That and what others might feel like as well. No, I am not talking about requests. I'm talking about contributions. This leads me to what I fear is gonna be the worst idea I have for this game.

Community developed project
I'm currently the only one working on this project and I believe that it's gonna remain that way. I also believe that RPG Maker is not a good program to use for a community developed project. Still, I wanted to give this a try. So, what exactly do I mean with community developed? I mean that anyone is allowed to contribute almost anything to the game. I would open up some kind of modding system but RPG Maker doesn't really allow that, especially not for a project like this. Anyway, how exactly can you contribute to this project? Well, first of all, coding. I've stated a couple times in the past that I can't code to save my life and this game is using way too many scripts. I ain't gonna sugarcoat it, I need help in that regard. Other than that, the library. As I mentioned before, the library is a place where I can put whatever story I want, whatever game I want. This is a possibility for you as well. You want a story added to the library? Head on over to the Discord server and we can talk about it there. Don't want to use Discord for some reason? I'm sure we can accomplish it here as well. Now, what would you need to contribue a story to the library? What are the rules? Well, frankly, there are no rules. Any story you wanna contribute, you can contribute. You want scat in it even though I don't want scat in my games? That's perfectly fine. Every story in the library will have a warning regarding what they contain. That way, players can avoid reading a story in case it contains something they don't like. So, what tools are you gonna need? Well, obviously, you're gonna need RPG Maker VX Ace. WRONG!! You DON'T need RPG Maker VX Ace. Sure, it would be a useful tool but it's not mandatory. If your story is a complex RPG with lots of puzzles and what not, all you have to do is tell me exactly what you want to happen and how things to work and I'll work the magic for you. With that said, the more you add to it, the better. Specifically, any artwork and whatnot. Of course, I'm also limited in what I can do so it's generally a better idea to confront me about it before you get to work on your idea, especially if you actually do have RPG Maker VX Ace and plan on programing your story yourself (Which would be better for both of us).

So... that's about it. That should be all I have to say about the game at the moment. The game currently doesn't have a whole lot of content, which is really sad considering how remarkably overdue it is, so I suppose we could consider this more of a proof of concept. Anyway, if you're willing to give this game a try then the download link is just below.

https://mega.nz/file/zsZ0AK5Q#cvuKHpF4Y ... kz8UsXm6FE <-- Game download link

Now, upon opening the zip file, you may notice that, unlike any other project I upload here, this game is not encrypted. That means that you'll be able to check out all of the game's resources and even edit the game yourself (Assuming that you have RPG Maker VX Ace). The reason for this decision is because of that whole 'Community developed project' idea. I mean, if anyone wants to make content for this project then they're gonna need access to the game's files and whatnot.

Oh, one more thing. This game is made with RPG Maker VX Ace. That means that you're gonna need the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP to run it. You'll find a download link for that just below.

https://dl.degica.com/rpgmakerweb/run-t ... ce_RTP.zip <-- RPG Maker VX Ace RTP download link (Download will begin the moment you click the link)

Finally, below is a link to the Discord server dedicated to this game. Now, let's find out how much I'm overhyping this thing.

https://discord.gg/WEbNa85uVb <-- Discord server link

Changelog
Spoiler: show
V4
--Additions--
The Holstaur in the storage of the Garden has a new trance and unbirth scene. This is currently incomplete as I have bigger plans for this.
The game files now has a 'Contributions' folder. In here I will put anything that anyone else has made exclusively for 'Predatorial' that may or may not have made it into the game. I will only put things in here if the contributor allows it and with whatever alias they desire.
Multiple save locations added to 'The Chosen One' (Plus one to 'Vore Crawler').
New quest added to 'The Chosen One'. It can be found in Dandelion and is only available if you've encountered Karina in your home.
----AlistairX contributions----
New locations, Dusty Mine (Mine - Exploration - Solid Range), Treacherous Morass (Swamp - Exploration), Steelguard Fort (Castle) and Catacombs (Underground maze - Exploration).
The witch of Vanilla Forest makes a comeback. She can be found by exploring Treacherous Morass.
New quests have been added. These can be found by exploring the new locations. One can also be found by talking to the Blacksmith in Sleepwell.
New predator added to Catacombs (Phantom). Expect more to be added for other locations.
--Removal--
The 'Outfits' category in Inventory was unused and has been removed.
--Fixes--
Single-prey predators can no longer be conversed with if they have a prey in their belly. Multi-prey predators (Lamia and Centaur) still can.

Savefiles of V3 are technically not compatible with this version but a short automatic event should fix that.
Savefiles from before V3 are NOT compatible with this version.

Oh, I suppose I should also show a few pictures of what the game looks like.
Attachments
Predatorial Example 1.png
Predatorial Example 2.png
Predatorial Example 3.png
Last edited by TheFetishBeast on Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:10 pm, edited 32 times in total.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V1

Postby Erecant » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:53 pm

Oh this looks like it could be fun. Right off the bat I appreciate that somebody else has used the sort of hacky way to make the windows bigger by default in RPGMaker VX Ace. So props there.

Will give it a whirl and come back with thoughts!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kreate48 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 pm

Seems really interesting, really enjoyed Vore Cravler so somthing like this sounds promising. Keep up the good work!
Kreate48
New to the forum

Postby daeway » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:46 pm

The character creator intrigued me the most.
I just hope more player pred content is made for the game considering most rpgs don't let you be the apex.
daeway
Participator

Postby Archangel64 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:13 pm

I will have a look on it
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DroolingPred » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:17 pm

Interesting. Seems to have a solid framework, though I wasn't able to figure out how to actually craft anything?
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby TheFetishBeast » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:53 pm

@DroolingPred: Ah, yes, crafting. You need to get a recipé book and learn some recipés before you can craft anything. Speak to the Blacksmith to get the 'Smithing Schematics' recipé book and speak to the kitchen clerk for the 'Cook Book' recipé book. Each one will teach you how to make their respective items and whatnot (For a price). Now that I think about it, crafting has an issue that I need to add to the list of issues...
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby daeway » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:57 pm

So a couple minutes into playing the game, I came across my first quest.
Spoiler: show
The quest was the Head Chef wanting my MC, (called Willow, a Kolbold with long brown hair and red eyes) to fetch some clams for her from the lake. Willow did so, brought them back, and met an adorable (and naked, poor thing) Clam girl. We have options to feed her to the MC or let the Chef keep her for a higher reward. I can spare the clam to have a new tiny friend, which I chose to do.
Personally, I'd like for these two characters, the chef and clam, to have names. Maybe the chef can be named Ellie, and as for the clam I'd love if we could give her a name ourselves (and give her some clothes cuz again, she looks so cold). I also think an Observer oral vore scene could be right here, where we see "Ellie" gulp down the clam right in front of us, and pat her happy, grumbly tummy with an embarrassing burp followed by blushing. Then, we make a pact with her that she will reward us for small live treats in the future!

By the way, here is the MC I made. I think she's beautiful, and the outfit is very stylish.
Attachments
Willow (front).png
Willow (front).png (18.03 KiB) Viewed 112771 times
daeway
Participator

Postby KHLover » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:10 pm

Oh, wow, this seems like it'll turn out incredible. Definitely trying it out and following its progress.
"who needs logic when there's sex and orgasms to be had?" -A.I. Dungeon, 2020
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby No-One » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:23 am

Well, my first impression is that there are far too many monsters who aren't cure monster girls, and thus aren't trying to eat you at all. In a vore based game those really feel like a waste of time.
No-One
Participator

Postby Silversepiroth » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 am

While it's a good base to have, it can definitely use some fluffling out. Besides the potential for unique dialogue (such as the holstaur taunting you about "who's the tasty one now?" or something along those lines,) for being their regions' predators, the holstaur & golem don't seem too intent to try to consume even prey races. The only reason why I know they're capable of it (outside of the game saying it) is because I went into the files to see if they had images for it yet & that might be why it appears to be disabled behavior for them.

Like I said, good place to start at, especially for flying solo, but some more writing (and possibly it be more incentivized/explained for player pred vore) would go a long way for the next update. For now though, kudos for getting this started!
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 am

This is amazing for an initial release, I can only imagine how good it's going to get in the future.
I did have a glitch where my mermaid buddy ate one of those rock golems and just vanished from my party (unless that was intentional and I'm missing something).

One thing I would like to see (if it's not too difficult) is when you eat an enemy, maybe the pred could get a big belly for a while, like the next few times you go exploring/gathering/hunting. It's a shame being able to see bellies on my enemies but not myself/my allies.
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Enteresting » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:57 am

Will this have branching paths that lead to other segments? Like letting the Witch devour the children and later on you find her hut and she welcomes you in as a friend?
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Amon258877 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:30 am

I must say that from the description you have provided us so far it makes me promise well now I want to play it and I will have my say, but I must say that you have already caught me on the hook it would be a good game I will be able to tell you more as soon as I start my adventure :D
Amon258877
Been posting for a bit

Postby b5n » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:49 am

GOOD LORD I'M EXITED ! YOU'RE TRULY ARE ONE OF MY FAVE VORE GAME DEV !!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Keyndron » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:23 am

There's a lot to unpack here, as I really love this idea, but to give some feedback ideas on how to improve this game further, Here's some of my takes.

1. Implement some Bad Ends. This I think was a major draw for some of your older games for when you lost a battle, and the Witch questline not having one when it felt like it should is also a reason to put this.

Maybe after some quests like it, if you lose to the predator, a bad end cutscene involving vore will take place, like for example, in the witch quest: Losing to her forces you to watch her eat and digest the kids, taunting you in the process, before she decides to go for seconds with you.

2. Unbirthing has a lot of potential. Oh this one's a doozy to explain There are sound files for it and the predators are mostly female after all, so this coming up is only natural.

In the Chosen One, you had some unbirth transformation scenes in them and I think they could be implemented here very well. Perhaps with the Dryad grove, you could implement as a way to change races being the predators can offer to unbirth you and turn them into their species, perhaps even as a way to play some races you couldn't pick initially.

Or with how Party Members work and will be permanently gone if they die, you could implement the predator unbirthing them and will be subject to transformation. If their HP reaches 0 when in the womb, they will be reborn as another predator you have to fight alongside the original one.

I'd imagine this might be hell to code but there's a lot of potential here and I only gave a couple of examples to save us time.

3. Slow down the text speed. This might just be the engine, but the text goes by super fast even when not pressing the z-key/A button. It's hard to see what's even going on in battle cause of it so maybe slow it down just a little bit.

4. Add more to the Actual In-Battle Vore This just straight up feels like it's missing features that makes it feel more lively. Perhaps upon swallowing a party member or being digested, the predator can gloat about it as it happens, and perhaps even successfully digesting a Party Member results in a complete and total heal akin to one Bad End from Rabbit and Fox.

Could even go the same way as Digesting a prey can be a complete heal, while those that can speak are trying their best to get out of the Party Member's belly, and that fight fading when they've been digested.

5. As cool as the Library is, Focus on the game first. The Library holding your previous projects is a very cool idea I would like to see more of, but personally, I think you should hold off on working on that and work on the game itself. Perhaps after the actual game itself is more fleshed out you can focus on this more.

There are other things of course like expanding the Predator lineup and overworld, but those should come naturally anyways and I know this is, as of writing, an early release, so cannot wait to see more, This is already a very good start.
Keyndron
Been posting for a bit

Postby b5n » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:24 am

stuck in a loop, pressing escp doesn't work
Attachments
BOUCLEDISSOUVUFDHBCJK.PNG
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:40 am

I'm enjoying it so far and I'm very enthusiastic about the game. It looks neat and polished. However, I'm confused about the effect your saving system has on the game and everything related.

The way you save in the church is a nice and cool touch but I'm not sure that restriction on saving is adding anything to the game. You don't save out in the world so it's easy to lose progress, which is cool! I like that sort of punishing game, but it's not actually much of a threat and more of a tedium. If you go search in the forest for a while and after 5 minutes you get a game over you don't lose your whole save just the last 5 minutes. So... maybe I should go back and save every 3 minutes to be more safe? Saving doesn't cost me anything in the game so why wouldn't I do it more often? I'm only left with the decision of how much IRL time I'm willing to waste to lock in my progress every now and then.

Further, there's a lot of encounters in the game that aren't vore related, which is great! The game is fleshed out with stuff that isn't the main focus and it's awesome, but because of the save system all that's really on the line is the last ~5 minutes of progress. And because of that you can spam out actions to get to the low chance encounter with less worry. So is the game supposed to be more rogue-like where you're knocked back for failing, or more of an RPG where you can save and farm until you get the result you wanted? It seems to be a hanging in the middle right now and I think you'd be better off standing in either camp. I think it would be better to allow saving anywhere (but boring), or have a punishment for dying (save deletion or auto-save with less money), or add a cost to saving so that it's a real choice when you save.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Enteresting » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:45 am

b5n wrote:stuck in a loop, pressing escp doesn't work

Go forward to the cancel option, it'll let you cancel the whole thing from there.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm

@Brpdchainsaw: That sounds like a bug with the VoreDBS script. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make any edits to such a script so, unless I can persuade Dramatic Lightning Co. (The creator of the script) to help me with fixing that, issues like that are gonna remain a problem. As for the bigger bellies for allies suggestion, that's probably gonna be very complicated to add but I'll at least have a look at the idea.

@Enteresting: Yes, your actions will open and close different paths, quests and whatnot. One of the main things about this game is that nothing is mandatory. You don't have to save the children, you don't have to go to the library, you don't even have to restore the garden. There is no main questline, the game gives you several options of things to do and you go do whatever you want to do and handle it however you want to (It's just that the game doesn't have many options of things to do at the moment). As such, some things will inevitably end up inaccessible (Maybe I could advertise that as replayability?).

@Keyndron:
1: That would probably be difficult to do in the main game due to the VoreDBS script. See, one of the things about battles is that if the main character ends up being digested then that's supposed to result in a game over. Unfortunately, that system is bugged right now and not working at all but imagine being completely digested by that witch and then you're suddenly back out as if defeated normally only to be eaten again in a cutscene. So, yeah, that would be rather difficult to implement at the moment. That said, stories in the library are likely to be choked with such content ^_^ .
2: Actually, I do plan to have a way for the player to change their own race somehow. When this is gonna happen, how it's gonna work, what pros and cons there are (SIDENOTE: What is pros in pros and cons short for? I get that cons is short for consequences but what about pros?), what are the requirements, etc, etc, I don't have the answers to those questions yet.
3: Yeah, that might be the engine. I'll have a look at it.
4: At the moment, the vore system in battles is very simple and very messy. I definitely want to improve and expand on it but I need to make sure that it functions properly first.
5: Not sure how this is gonna turn out. It depends on what I'm in the mood for.

@Appo: Actually, the whole limited save locations thing is a means to avoid bugs and issues. I often noticed when making games in RPG Maker VX Ace that saving anywhere could cause some issues. There's certain information that isn't saved and, by using limited save locations, I can avoid those issues. I might open up more save locations, maybe even in the areas, but I'll probably not make saving anywhere a thing. As for the whole RPG and rogue-like comparison... I dunno. I just make whatever I wanna make.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game