Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V6A (2024 March 05)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V1

Postby Antigone » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:55 pm

Hey there! Bug report:
-Saving at the church made my game crash. I had litteraly installed the game 5m before, done nothing except checking the billboard.
Even if character creation is pretty cool, I guess I'll check this game later when -saving- won't be a risk anymore.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:20 pm

@Antigone: Ah, yes, I remember that happening to me a couple times too. Uh, open the game and see if it still actually saved. It always did for me.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Antigone » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:24 pm

Indeed! So instead of being a time eraser it's just a small unconsequential ctd, thanks for the info; gonna try the game again. Thanks for your time.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Problem: Trying to recruit a human Adventurer crashes the game. You don't even get to the customization menu.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:20 pm

@DivineSomaCruz: I'm gonna need more details on that one. I can't seem to recreate the issue.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:46 pm

I had given two monsters to the Dryad: a SlimeGirl and a Mermaid. I'd just gotten an Earth Elemental for the farming soil. I had an Oni and a Holstaur in my party. When I recruited an Elf, it worked fine. When I tried to recruit a Human afterwards, the game crashed instantly.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby VVVx » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:24 pm

This is probably very subjective, but it would be nice to be able to save without having to trek into town each time. The lack of a quick way to exist pushes me to keep playing, which leads to disaster as someone who gets distracted easily.
VVVx
Participator

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:34 pm

@DivineSomaCruz: Sounds similar to the crash that sometimes happens when saving. My only guess at this point is that I added a script sometime that may be the cause of this. However, I have no idea which script that would be.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:06 pm

Script (Composite Neon Black) Line 544: NoMethodError occured.
Undefined method 'include?' for nil:Nil Class

That's the error I'm getting.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:36 pm

Same as above. I got a crash when I tried to personalize an oni adventure and even before when I tried an elf. For the rest the game seems interesting and I'll definitely keep checking it out. That said, I'd have a little request: since you can eat the clam girl even while getting the quest done, would it be possible to eat the lost children in some way after bringing them back? Or even before instead of bringing them to their mother, you can eat them yourself?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Okay, I have successfully recreated the issue and I know what the cause is. In fact, this is a problem that I've experienced before and I did find a solution. Unfortunately, that solution was akin to putting a band-aid on a laceration. I'm gonna need some time to find a proper solution.

The cause of this crash is that the script cannot see an actor's sprite when there are four or more characters in the party. For anyone who wants to avoid this crash from happening, either don't recruit any more prey characters from the billboard when you have four or more characters in your party (Yourself included) or don't personalize your recruit's appearance during the same conditions.

I hope I'll be able to find a proper solution to this problem.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby genericusername » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:35 pm

TheFetishBeast wrote:Okay, I have successfully recreated the issue and I know what the cause is. In fact, this is a problem that I've experienced before and I did find a solution. Unfortunately, that solution was akin to putting a band-aid on a laceration. I'm gonna need some time to find a proper solution.

The cause of this crash is that the script cannot see an actor's sprite when there are four or more characters in the party. For anyone who wants to avoid this crash from happening, either don't recruit any more prey characters from the billboard when you have four or more characters in your party (Yourself included) or don't personalize your recruit's appearance during the same conditions.

I have no experience with RPG Maker but would this work? New character is added to party, assuming it defaults to your last slot. If you press "Yes" for changing their appearance, swap the characters party position with the character in slot 2. Sprite should be accessible. When you finish editing, swap slot 2 party member with the last party member again, essentially just putting the new character back in the last slot.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:47 pm

genericusername wrote:
TheFetishBeast wrote:Okay, I have successfully recreated the issue and I know what the cause is. In fact, this is a problem that I've experienced before and I did find a solution. Unfortunately, that solution was akin to putting a band-aid on a laceration. I'm gonna need some time to find a proper solution.

I have no experience with RPG Maker but would this work? New character is added to party, assuming it defaults to your last slot. If you press "Yes" for changing their appearance, swap the characters party position with the character in slot 2. Sprite should be accessible. When you finish editing, swap slot 2 party member with the last party member again, essentially just putting the new character back in the last slot.

You are absolutely right. That would work, I'm certain. With that said, I've actually already found and implemented a different solution. Whichever solution is the better, I don't know. Honestly, both solutions feel like band-aid solutions to me but, either way, the problem has been solved. Well, for now anyway. I should be able to fix it should I come across the same problem again elsewhere.

I'll be uploading V1A at some point. I can't say for sure when, probably not tomorrow, but that version will have the fix for the crash. I'll probably wait for one or two more bugfixes for whatever other bugs we might come across. Either that or maybe even a little but of new content? Can't say for sure.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Asrielbend » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Is there ever gonna be a point where you can get your predator teammates to eat you? Also played the game for a bit. I liked it.
Asrielbend
Been posting for a bit

Postby grim667 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Played for a bit, so far so good, can't wait to see how it goes, two things I personally where not a big fan of is going to the church, or library to save, prefer it in the menu myself, And in fights the cap of 50 to devour the opponent (thought it took to long to build up to use the ability) But that is just my 2 cents :)
grim667
Heavy user

Postby TheFetishBeast » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 am

@Asrielbend: Most likely.

@grim667: When it comes to the Devour skill, I actually want it to not require any AP at all to use (Or maybe a minimal amount like 1 or 5). Instead, the success rate of devouring an opponent would depend on the target's current amount of remaining HP. That is, if the target has 25% of its max HP remaining, Devour would have a 75% success rate. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to set this up.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby ScienceTiny » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 am

Only about 20 minutes in, but this looks very promising. You clearly did a lot of work to make this stand out.
One thing it needs is a 'skip text' button, mainly for the shop npcs. Either that, or the 'cancel' key (x on my computer) should also advance text like the 'accept' key. I keep clicking 'z' 1 too many times, and end up in the menu again after saving.
I have seen many games just use shift to fast forward text, but stop at choices, and I think that would be a great help here.

Also, mentioning in the instructions somewhere that saving is done at the church would be nice, since it's not very obvious unless you've played Dragon Quest.
ScienceTiny
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cinquint » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:40 am

I managed to have my Earth Elemental companion disappear from my party, after she won a battle by digesting a Golem.

On a less game-breaking note, it would be nice to have a brightness and saturation slider for hair and eye color, so we aren't exclusively working with such bold colors. Skin color would also be a good customizable setting! But there are naturally more pressing matters to deal with than fiddling with colors at this point.

Aside from that, I quite like the open-ended nature of this game, and I hope it does well. I'm also quite optimistic about what the community can do to help in developing a game such as this - having seen the extensive interest Vore War managed to garner - and I think your attitude towards community involvement is going to be fruitful.

No-One wrote:Well, my first impression is that there are far too many monsters who aren't cute monster girls, and thus aren't trying to eat you at all. In a vore based game those really feel like a waste of time.

I also second this sentiment, at least a little. And I think most people wouldn't complain about fewer spiders and scorpions in their game about cute people eating each other x)

And I want that damn witch in my party!
One of these days, that fish is gonna get what's comin' to 'im.
Cinquint
???

Postby Dotsu » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:04 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:@Asrielbend: Most likely.

@grim667: When it comes to the Devour skill, I actually want it to not require any AP at all to use (Or maybe a minimal amount like 1 or 5). Instead, the success rate of devouring an opponent would depend on the target's current amount of remaining HP. That is, if the target has 25% of its max HP remaining, Devour would have a 75% success rate. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to set this up.

Neat6 idea
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:12 am

This seems very fun, though the communit;y built part sadly i cant help with not because i dont want to but more i dont have VX ace nore know much on the Ruby programming language. I use MV mostly due to my knowledge of JavaScript and Java. Though i will be watching this it reminds me of Mysts open vore idea but who knows how this will go. Suggestion though maybe you if a pred can devour party members like in Patcha's Quest. Just a suggestion to help with getting to many party members or you wish to change it up and already at one.. Also a llimit on party membe3rs seems like a good idea if you have to many you can easily just over power battles.
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game