Proj: GL - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.4.5 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby Manchura » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:45 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Villager2000 wrote:Hoping there's an animation viewer in the future. Everything is way too smooth!! :lol:

Thank you!
There will be as an unlockable feature - originally it was gonna be gallery you unlock by beating the game, but think I'll instead do it as an in game unlockable - the more enemies you defeat and skills you learn the more this beastiary/codex fills up with information and animations of each subject.

so exactly like how metroid worked with 100% lol
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:42 am

Not gonna lie, the game reminds me of FUBN but more intricate.
Like it has a new life.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:02 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Not gonna lie, the game reminds me of FUBN but more intricate.
Like it has a new life.

Well, er... the only similarity is that they're both platformers... This game's extremely different aside from the genre(for one thing, FUBN was 100% stealth, you had NO health, and the ONLY way to attack was through unbirth. This game has health and multiple attacks, including a gun, and stealth is nearly impossible, how you tackle the game as a whole is completely different).

I don't mean to be toxic or anything, but you really ARE just comparing a platformer to another platformer...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:33 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote:Not gonna lie, the game reminds me of FUBN but more intricate.
Like it has a new life.

Well, er... the only similarity is that they're both platformers... This game's extremely different aside from the genre(for one thing, FUBN was 100% stealth, you had NO health, and the ONLY way to attack was through unbirth. This game has health and multiple attacks, including a gun, and stealth is nearly impossible, how you tackle the game as a whole is completely different).

I don't mean to be toxic or anything, but you really ARE just comparing a platformer to another platformer...

Right, right, sorry. Should've gone into more detail. >.<;
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Vorelover23 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Boy were these good times and better animations. Can still remember when this was just V-Platformer and the main star was samus. Really hope you work out a costume system soon... on thought, What is our sexy protagonist's name?
Vorelover23
New to the forum

Postby Manchura » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Vorelover23 wrote:Boy were these good times and better animations. Can still remember when this was just V-Platformer and the main star was samus. Really hope you work out a costume system soon... on thought, What is our sexy protagonist's name?

read the about second in the first post lol
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:
Like it has a new life.

Right, right, sorry. Should've gone into more detail. >.<;

I'd take it as a compliment nonetheless! The initial playstyle (before all the updates anyway) was still partially inspired by FUbN so thanks :-D

Vorelover23 wrote:Boy were these good times and better animations. Can still remember when this was just V-Platformer and the main star was samus. Really hope you work out a costume system soon... on thought, What is our sexy protagonist's name?

Its come a ways and still has a way to go! I've got a couple possible frameworks in mind to more easily support a costume system without the need to toally remake so many sprites, but that kinda feature would still be a ways off anyway (near/post 1.0.0 release). MC's name is Mia!
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby unit72 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Hello once again, maybe you will find this idea about sprites useful. Maybe you are already using this but anyway
You can render sprites by parts.
If you have for example a player with one prey belly in orange costume eating a humanoid enemy in blue costume, and the other situation is the same but with different everything, you don't have to have a sprite set for each combination.
Instead, you have sprites of a player, her belly because its size can vary, changeable elements of her costume, the costume on stretched belly, the enemy being devoured and her costume while she is being devoured. Render them one over another, and you can change them at any time without much effort.
However this is a one-time complete remake of sprites.
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:32 pm

unit72 wrote:Hello once again, maybe you will find this idea about sprites useful. Maybe you are already using this but anyway
You can render sprites by parts.
If you have for example a player with one prey belly in orange costume eating a humanoid enemy in blue costume, and the other situation is the same but with different everything, you don't have to have a sprite set for each combination.
Instead, you have sprites of a player, her belly because its size can vary, changeable elements of her costume, the costume on stretched belly, the enemy being devoured and her costume while she is being devoured. Render them one over another, and you can change them at any time without much effort.
However this is a one-time complete remake of sprites.

That's the exact method I'm already using, the time consuming portion is creating those bases to work off of in the first place (that and just sheer number of frames)
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:10 pm

I just had a few ideas I’d like to share.

1. First, I thought it would be funny/ironic is there was a boss fight that was completed by throwing said boss i to a food processor and turning them into a cheeseburger, but then I had a better idea. I think it would be funny if the big bad’s inner circle or lieutenants were all alien animals, and defeating them turned them into a meal.
IE, Mermaid shark monster gets turned into a giant sushi, cow into a cheeseburger, pig monster into pork chops, squid into calimari, snek monster into a kebab, Snail alien get turned into escargots, giant turkey monster into a homestyle turkey, and a bat-man who gets his head bitten off Ozzy Osborne style before being turned into bat soup.

2. I just started playing Metroid Dread, and I thought the big slug monsters (like, second enemy in the game)that can climb on walls would be a good addition. There is something about them being so big, ugly, annoying and nonthreatening that makes the idea of eating/ vaporizing them with extreme prejudice somehow fit.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:29 pm

*Still waiting to see how/if other vore types (anal vore/ unbirth/ etc) would be added*
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm

Whisper92 wrote:I just had a few ideas I’d like to share.

1. First, I thought it would be funny/ironic is there was a boss fight that was completed by throwing said boss i to a food processor and turning them into a cheeseburger, but then I had a better idea. I think it would be funny if the big bad’s inner circle or lieutenants were all alien animals, and defeating them turned them into a meal.
IE, Mermaid shark monster gets turned into a giant sushi, cow into a cheeseburger, pig monster into pork chops, squid into calimari, snek monster into a kebab, Snail alien get turned into escargots, giant turkey monster into a homestyle turkey, and a bat-man who gets his head bitten off Ozzy Osborne style before being turned into bat soup.

2. I just started playing Metroid Dread, and I thought the big slug monsters (like, second enemy in the game)that can climb on walls would be a good addition. There is something about them being so big, ugly, annoying and nonthreatening that makes the idea of eating/ vaporizing them with extreme prejudice somehow fit.

1. A funny idea and maybe for some joke enemies or easter eggs, but otherwise it won't quite be a fit for the overall theme of the game I'm going for by the end

2. Also just finished Dread, awesome combat and inerlacing levels (tho I was lost a fair number of times lol) - don't worry, the minimech pilots will be 100% One-shot kickable and easily gulpable (with coming perks to grab groups at once or send your edible companion to eat) for a quick health and stamina boost!

MelonBoobies wrote:*Still waiting to see how/if other vore types (anal vore/ unbirth/ etc) would be added*

That's largely just a matter of swapping different "swallow/regurgitate" animations so very feasible - however especially with how much animation work there already is to do, oral vore will be the first priority for anything new
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby adansilvala » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:26 am

I thought It would be funny if she gained some weight. she would gain some weight if ate some peculiar enemies.
adansilvala
New to the forum

Postby CrowdedRoom » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 am

adansilvala wrote:I thought It would be funny if she gained some weight. she would gain some weight if ate some peculiar enemies.

I think the creator said weight gain might be added in the late future. (in the first post on this thread). I imagine the work would take quite a while (coding, new character models, new animations, who knows what else, etc.). I wouldn't expect weight gain any time soon.
CrowdedRoom
New to the forum

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:25 pm

Update v0.5.0 has been released!

This means work is now beginning on the 3+ prey update - I'm including this here though since I know people don't always see all the new things I put in the main post:

As I'm sure you all know, making animations for the player is extremely time consuming compared to everything else I have to do in development, so you can expect this to likely take a bit longer than normal. In addition, I'm halfway through my final semester of university at time of writing, which means I am actually currently developing 3 different games at once - 2 for classes I'm taking, plus Project G.L.U.T.T. Combine those with a couple other classes, and my schedule gets pretty insane. I am regularly up until around 4am on weekends and some week nights, working either on something for G.L.U.T.T. or for one of my classes, so please be understanding in that this update - even for the first Patreon beta build of it - could be in the works for a bit. The good news is that as this is an animation heavy update, it will be easier to get bits of work done on it in between classwork (coding on the other hand is not nearly as easily started/stopped). Additionally, once this semester ends and I graduate in mid May, I will have more time than I have ever had to work on Project G.L.U.T.T. before. Whether or not I will be able to work on it entirely full time remains to be seen - if I'm not earning enough through the Patreon for G.L.U.T.T. I will still have to pick up a side job in order to make ends meet (student loans are awful), but a side job doesn't require NEARLY as much time as studying for a degree, so development pace should still be significantly faster.

CrowdedRoom wrote:
adansilvala wrote:I thought It would be funny if she gained some weight. she would gain some weight if ate some peculiar enemies.

I think the creator said weight gain might be added in the late future. (in the first post on this thread). I imagine the work would take quite a while (coding, new character models, new animations, who knows what else, etc.). I wouldn't expect weight gain any time soon.

Yep exactly this - weight gain is planned, but also a very time consuming feature so won't be seen for a while yet.

---
Gonna need to see about updating the screenshots on the main post again...
Last edited by BrokenDoorknob on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Re: Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.5.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Postby Whisper92 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Look forward to trying this out tomorrow.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:22 am

Can you put the ability to save on another button? I don't know how to deactivate the Fbuttons standard functions so when trying to save it does nothing, making each play an hardcore run with no checkpoint. May I suggest directly an option in the pause menu?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:24 am

Souls6 wrote:Can you put the ability to save on another button? I don't know how to deactivate the Fbuttons standard functions so when trying to save it does nothing, making each play an hardcore run with no checkpoint. May I suggest directly an option in the pause menu?

You're on version 0.5 right? There IS an option to save directly in the pause menu
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby bonberjean » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:07 am

Nice... new update... time to check it out... later tho... I still need to study for my university
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:09 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Souls6 wrote:Can you put the ability to save on another button? I don't know how to deactivate the Fbuttons standard functions so when trying to save it does nothing, making each play an hardcore run with no checkpoint. May I suggest directly an option in the pause menu?

You're on version 0.5 right? There IS an option to save directly in the pause menu

Actually, when I wrote the message I wasn't yet. Now I did. Sorry.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game