Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby WickidyWack » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:41 am

How do I vore as a werewolf?
WickidyWack
New to the forum

Postby Salanth » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:20 am

I can't seem to be able to get eaten by small things (bunnies, foxes, but also actively hostile things like skeevers) unless I specifically force it with the debug menu or by offering. I have tried modifying belly capacity settings and seeing if that helps, but it does not seem to. Is that intentional? (Of course I got those critters marked as being allowed to be predators as well.)
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 am

WickidyWack wrote:How do I vore as a werewolf?

Using the vore hotkey instead of the power. You can set it from the MCM.

Salanth wrote:I can't seem to be able to get eaten by small things (bunnies, foxes, but also actively hostile things like skeevers) unless I specifically force it with the debug menu or by offering. I have tried modifying belly capacity settings and seeing if that helps, but it does not seem to. Is that intentional? (Of course I got those critters marked as being allowed to be predators as well.)

Their capacity factors into it, and you also have to be damaged by a certain amount. I'm pretty sure the swallow calculation takes a number of 'threat' factors into account, so you might be effectively too strong for them even to try.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Salanth » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Gherking wrote:
Salanth wrote:I can't seem to be able to get eaten by small things (bunnies, foxes, but also actively hostile things like skeevers) unless I specifically force it with the debug menu or by offering. I have tried modifying belly capacity settings and seeing if that helps, but it does not seem to. Is that intentional? (Of course I got those critters marked as being allowed to be predators as well.)

Their capacity factors into it, and you also have to be damaged by a certain amount. I'm pretty sure the swallow calculation takes a number of 'threat' factors into account, so you might be effectively too strong for them even to try.

Thanks, that is good to know.

Another question; how does struggling actually work? There is next to feedback as to what you are actually supposed to do to get it higher. What seems to happen is that you get like 10% along the way to get out tops, then it just goes back down again, only maybe once have I succeeded in actually escaping this way. (Though some of the other Devourment mods I have installed might interfere with that as well.) Makes it so that the only practical way to escape is to have someone along to help rescue yourself.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RakeVuri » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:17 pm

You have to tap strafe-left and strafe-right alternatingly (a, d, a, d).
A while back it was changed so pressing them in the wrong order lead to the struggle bar losing progress, which is kind of a problem for how Skyrim's script load works, I think? Since you need to tap it at the perfect rhythm or you'll hit the right key, and then the wrong key, and because the game hasn't registered that you hit the correct key yet, it'll drain progress from the incorrect key being pressed despite it being the next key in sequence.

I think I'd enjoy a way to toggle off losing progress by messing up the struggle minigame. In my playthrough it's gotten to the point where I literally can't escape anything because the rhythm of how fast I have to press the buttons is slower than the digestion speed of most bandits, and trying to do it faster leads to losing progress and losing time.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby griff_beeks » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:56 pm

player's gewtting stuck in cowering animation after almost being eaten, anyway to reset animations?
griff_beeks
Been posting for a bit

Postby Salanth » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 pm

It appears that I got alternate player struggling active, which is all well, except the "visible key prompts" were not actually visible. Ah well, just turned it off and it works well. Thanks for the help!
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby R3X » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Can anyone drop a new discord link ? Old one doesn't work anymore.
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Postby griff_beeks » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:59 pm

how does one get alternate struggle working?
griff_beeks
Been posting for a bit

Postby griff_beeks » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Salanth wrote:It appears that I got alternate player struggling active, which is all well, except the "visible key prompts" were not actually visible. Ah well, just turned it off and it works well. Thanks for the help!

where is alternate struggle?
griff_beeks
Been posting for a bit

Postby Wh0Kn0w5 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am

griff_beeks wrote:player's gewtting stuck in cowering animation after almost being eaten, anyway to reset animations?

I find drawing and sheathing weapons resets the animation. Does that not work for you?
Wh0Kn0w5
Been posting for a bit

Postby Noice00 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 am

NotUpToThis wrote:npcs don't vore anymore no matter what I do! I reinstalled the mod and increased the chance for npcs to swallow by 10 and still nothing. it effects both my followers and regular npcs and i don't see a fix for it

I had this problem before and I found out that using vore on people first will allow them to use it back on you but don't know if this might solve it for you
Noice00
New to the forum

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 am

has development on this mod paused I havent been up to date
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:36 am

SmoothAsButter23 wrote:has development on this mod paused I havent been up to date

We're waiting for LibFire and NetScriptFramework to update to AE so we can bring refactor over.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PSU Saga » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:37 am

Is there a way to individually set NPCs/Followers Pred and Prey skills? Through console command or something or other?
PSU Saga
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:33 pm

Gherking wrote:
SmoothAsButter23 wrote:has development on this mod paused I havent been up to date

We're waiting for LibFire and NetScriptFramework to update to AE so we can bring refactor over.

Also Custom Skills Framework, which is waiting on NetScriptFramework as well i think.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Dongers » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:27 am

Masxohn wrote:
Gherking wrote:

Also Custom Skills Framework, which is waiting on NetScriptFramework as well i think.

Since I can't for the life of me get this current version to work I'm really hoping for the dependencies to soon reach AE. Hopefully I can get the eventual AE version to work. Because the little help I've gotten, since I've mostly been ignored, didn't help me all.
Dongers
Participator

Postby disguy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:50 am

Dongers wrote:Since I can't for the life of me get this current version to work I'm really hoping for the dependencies to soon reach AE. Hopefully I can get the eventual AE version to work. Because the little help I've gotten, since I've mostly been ignored, didn't help me all.

Well, keep in mind that this particular forum tends to be people requesting help, like, 75% of the time - with some issues being repeated several times - and very few people available to answer every single issue, but you probably especially didn't get help in particular for the following statement:
Dongers wrote:I know I sound like an ass, but please FIX THIS MOD.

I'm sure it came from a place of frustration, but I can assure you that nobody is going to be very inclined to help people that "sound like asses", especially when the mod works just fine. I personally love this version to death since it allows me to be much more flexible with what I can combine with it, compared to the more rigid requirements of old Devourments. Considering you're playing the AE version though, you really are just better off waiting for dependency updates unless you want to try the downgrading method, although sounds like it hasn't been going all that well for other people -- still up to you though.
Last edited by disguy on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:58 am

Dongers wrote:Since I can't for the life of me get this current version to work I'm really hoping for the dependencies to soon reach AE. Hopefully I can get the eventual AE version to work. Because the little help I've gotten, since I've mostly been ignored, didn't help me all.

Telling us that our help can't help you is not the most effective way to receive more, but here we go. What issue are you having presently?

disguy wrote:Considering you're playing the AE version though, you really are just better off waiting for dependency updates unless you want to try the downgrading method, although sounds like it hasn't been going all that well for other people -- still up to you though.

I have known of quite a number of people downgrading successfully. There are several in the discord who might have relevant advice.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby disguy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:26 pm

Gherking wrote:I have known of quite a number of people downgrading successfully. There are several in the discord who might have relevant advice.

Oh, good to know! I knew it was at least possible, to the point of at least getting the mod running, but was almost certain it usually still had some issues occur. I guess I just might be thinking of how things were going closer to when the AE version was released, so very glad to hear it's much more effective lately!
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game