[Visual Novel, F/F] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.6.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [Visual Novel, F/F] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.6.

Postby No-One » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:29 am

Anunnaki wrote:
No-One wrote:Bug report: Days do not seem to transition properly in the new version. It just sits there with the name of the day never shifting over to the new one. If I save the game and then reload it brings me to the start of the new day, but it's irritating to have to do that for every single day.

Jeez, every time I fix this some tiny fraction of users runs into it again. Does it still happen in v0.6.4?

I just did a quick run on easy mode through day 1, and it did not occur. However, I was getting the weight gain notices at the end of the day, despite having disabled weight gain. I restarted the game to double check my settings, and now I'm getting the character sprite glitch someone else posted a picture of: a white background with what looks like all the possible variations of my character on it. Clicking through makes it (and any other possible representation of my character) simply disappear: now my character isn't in the scene at all.
No-One
Participator

Postby sackofpotatoes » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:14 am

I did a quick run through on the Sunny route and I'm able to play the game without too much trouble.
sackofpotatoes
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:54 am

Did some major graphics optimization today - by which I mean a changed a bunch of Unity settings that probably shouldn't have been the defaults, haha. So there's a v0.6.5 in the works which should release alongside the updated Aftermath next week.

ELSCHNY wrote:Sometimes it does, sometimes it just stays the same until the first options of what to do appear

Noted, I'll see about getting that fixed!

No-One wrote:However, I was getting the weight gain notices at the end of the day, despite having disabled weight gain.

Weird. My mod doesn't touch the base game logic and wouldn't be updating the player's weight, so it sounds like that might be a bug in the base game itself. I'll ask OsmiumOrchid if other users have reported similar issues.

sackofpotatoes wrote:I did a quick run through on the Sunny route and I'm able to play the game without too much trouble.

Awesome, glad to see that particular bottleneck has been smashed. But what do you mean by "too much trouble?"
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby sackofpotatoes » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:25 pm

There's just a little lag when it comes to saves (delayed response when save button is pressed) but other than that everything else runs fairly smoothly.
sackofpotatoes
New to the forum

Postby Smorky » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Anunnaki wrote:Once again I have to ask - those of you who couldn't run v0.6.3, can you run the new version? I'd really like confirmation that the issue has been dealt with for good.

MrSommer03 wrote:I am sorry, the detail is the mod still works fine for the player as prey scenes, but if the player is pred... well, nothing.

I'll look into that, thanks for the report.

Tom180 wrote:Who is the grape costume for because I can't seem to find it?

Cherry. She'll be purple!

Smorky wrote:I seem to be having trouble getting the extra character to work, despite having extracted the files to the game's folder like you said. Am I just being stupid or is there something I'm missing?

Did you keep the folder structure intact? There's a reason that's in the zip.

I did not change anything about the file structure, all I did was extract the files directly from the zip into the folder that holds everything for the game. Even checked what all it was adding by extracting it's contents into an entirely separate folder.
Smorky
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:16 pm

Smorky wrote:I did not change anything about the file structure, all I did was extract the files directly from the zip into the folder that holds everything for the game. Even checked what all it was adding by extracting it's contents into an entirely separate folder.

Check the folder SMVA_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows for a file called mary5_assets_all_451afbeea5df44a19ec5f23c8dfb7f47.bundle - if it's there, something is in fact going wrong with the game.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby JDandAliProductions » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:03 am

Anunnaki wrote:
Smorky wrote:I did not change anything about the file structure, all I did was extract the files directly from the zip into the folder that holds everything for the game. Even checked what all it was adding by extracting it's contents into an entirely separate folder.

Check the folder SMVA_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows for a file called mary5_assets_all_451afbeea5df44a19ec5f23c8dfb7f47.bundle - if it's there, something is in fact going wrong with the game.

I've just tested this and it's there but the character can't be picked on the start screen it just shows a box with a silhouette in it that just says DLC, clicking it does nothing.
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby Smorky » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:52 pm

Anunnaki wrote:

I found what was wrong and it was my own fault because I had only downloaded the new file for the character, and not the updated ones for the game that went along with it. Curse me and my forgetful mind!
Smorky
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 am

JDandAliProductions wrote:I've just tested this and it's there but the character can't be picked on the start screen it just shows a box with a silhouette in it that just says DLC, clicking it does nothing.

And it's next to mary_assets_all_197b8144c9cfae3bb33d8d6862a5ed5d.bundle ? That's bizarre, it's a simple check to see if a file exists in the filesystem that's failing. Are you trying to do something funky like run the game in a Windows emulator? Can you send me a screenshot of the folder with its full path (you can block out sensitive information like usernames if it's on your desktop or something)?
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Luigigamer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am

One bug to report:
it seems that if you eat someone and don't digest them by the end of the first day, the game will softlock with the text: "sunday" being displayed.
It's not the worst thing in the world, but if you're trying to eat as many people as possible it can be quite annoying.
Luigigamer
New to the forum

Postby ImSoulOk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:27 pm

The Mods dont seem to be working unless im missing something i unzipped the and put the unzipped folders the mod folder am i missing something?
ImSoulOk
New to the forum

Postby Luigigamer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:42 am

ImSoulOk wrote:The Mods dont seem to be working unless im missing something i unzipped the and put the unzipped folders the mod folder am i missing something?

For the Mod Character, you have to unzip the folder to the same place as SMVA itself, for the other mods, you have to take the chrome link and folder of the same name and copy those to the mod folder.
Luigigamer
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:45 pm

Mod character doesn't work for me either. And I did extract the file and placed it into the smva folder. Not the mods one.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anunnaki » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:55 am

Luigigamer wrote:One bug to report:
it seems that if you eat someone and don't digest them by the end of the first day, the game will softlock with the text: "sunday" being displayed.
It's not the worst thing in the world, but if you're trying to eat as many people as possible it can be quite annoying.

That bug again? It can occasionally happen when a slow computer runs into one of the Twine macros for fading text in the base game. I'll see about a more permanent solution in v0.6.5.

Souls6 wrote:Mod character doesn't work for me either. And I did extract the file and placed it into the smva folder. Not the mods one.

Check the folder SMVA_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows. There should be two files in there once you've installed the DLC: mary_assets_all_197b8144c9cfae3bb33d8d6862a5ed5d.bundle (the base game's data) and mary5_assets_all_451afbeea5df44a19ec5f23c8dfb7f47.bundle (the DLC).
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby JDandAliProductions » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:56 am

Anunnaki wrote:
JDandAliProductions wrote:I've just tested this and it's there but the character can't be picked on the start screen it just shows a box with a silhouette in it that just says DLC, clicking it does nothing.

And it's next to mary_assets_all_197b8144c9cfae3bb33d8d6862a5ed5d.bundle ? That's bizarre, it's a simple check to see if a file exists in the filesystem that's failing. Are you trying to do something funky like run the game in a Windows emulator? Can you send me a screenshot of the folder with its full path (you can block out sensitive information like usernames if it's on your desktop or something)?

Okay no idea what the issue was but i completely redownloaded everything and it worked this time, all the exact same files are there as last time but this time it actually shows the DLC character
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby EmilyPrey26 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:06 pm

I noticed in the art book that Emma has a full gut. Who does she eat and how do you get to that? I want my character to be eaten by her.
EmilyPrey26
New to the forum

Postby EnderTG » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:51 pm

Emma can eat Betty on the last day, though I you'll either need to be friends with Sunny or hunting Alice's gang with Sam. You can go on the hunt with just Emma, but without a third person to convince her she'll leave the eating to you.

That said we'll be getting to her party pretty soon, and considering what she's said in the past about drunken eating there's almost certainly going to be more opportunities for her to get involved in vore then, maybe even involving the player if we're lucky.
EnderTG
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:12 am

Just uploaded v0.6.5! This version includes further graphical optimizations and minor bugfixes. For those of you using The Aftermath, I've uploaded a new version of that as well - now all vanilla and modded vore scenes have an Aftermath scene as well!

I have exciting news to report regarding the future of SMVisualA: soon enough, Saint Miluina's will not be the only Twine game with a visual layer! I'm in the process of turning the visual engine into a generic framework that can have (nearly) any Twine game plugged into it. Developers will be able to seamlessly distribute two copies of their game, one browser-based and one with a visual layer provided by the VVN - "Vore Visual Novel" - engine.

VVN games will be able to use graphics from any source, not just Kisekae - hand-drawn, vector art, pixel art... - and will support every feature currently in SMVisualA, including the belly deformations and internal scenes, which can be customized to use whatever digestion mechanics your game includes. It natively includes mod support and an in-app editor for designing your story's keyframes. If you're a Twine developer who's interested in testing an early prototype of VVN, please message me and we'll get started in early-mid February!
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xecxciic » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:25 pm

The biggest thing I could ask for is support for console commands. On the browser you can input commands to hop around to specific content, instead of having to replay 4 days worth of text to make one different decision because you forgot a save file. That or at least a back button, to make wrong decisions less painful to correct.
Xecxciic
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 pm

Hmm! A back button is reasonable, I'll build one of those into VVN, and by the time OsmiumOrchid is done writing Day 7 I should have finished converting this game to the new VVN engine.

In terms of console commands: there is technically a variable editor, but I don't think it's accessible in the current release code. I can make that available in VVN as well, but it'll only really be helpful if you already know what each variable does.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game