Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V6A (2024 March 05)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V2B

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:55 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:Recruits and predators are both calculated into the maximum number of party members you can have (This does not include MC and special characters, which currently do not exist). Regardless of whether you have Recruits or Predators, the maximum number of party members you can have is 7 (Again, not including MC). So, if you have 6 party members and cannot recruit another then that's a bug I'm gonna have to look into.

6 party members including the MC to be precise. Shortly before this situation came up I tested whether it was possible to recruit two predators of the same type, and found it wasn't possible (with the same notice being given).
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V2B

Postby WhatTheNani » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:53 pm

So really liking what there is so far. Obviously its still fairly barebones, but the conversations with the predators are enjoyable (the best part even) and the quest to collect garden residents gives a reason to revisit them plenty of times. That and I like the betrayals, those are hot. Looking forward to more predators, quests, garden upgrades, and maybe even some story, though really whatever direction you decide to take it in I am here for it. Also really looking forward to updates to the Chosen One and Vore Crawler. I was especially into the chosen one and, upon running out of content, actually went back and played the original (which I hadn't known about) but didn't get very far past what is currently out because the improvements to it were just so nice that I had trouble really getting in to the previous version when I was constantly comparing it with the upgraded one. Well, except for the grindy random encounter strewn part of the warp tower, wasn't a fan of that.

On the subject of things I wasn't as into, would like to see changed, I especially wish you had more space for party members. What predatorial feels most suited for is collecting and raising up a team of predators, having fun with stat builds and teaching them skills, while also collecting people to give to the garden. However with how limited the party is, you really can't do both. Hell, you can't even entirely do the collecting side, since if you want to have any adventurers that means you won't be able to get all the predators. With adventurers the ability to recruit them at your level eases this issue a little, but that isn't true for the predators, and regardless having to send someone you spent time and source raising, and possibly got attached to, to the garden because you need to make space for a new recruit (probably who will also be sent to the garden) just feels real bad.

My other major gripe would be the lack of vore in the actual combat of this vore game. It feels like in most cases the only time anyone actually gets eaten is when you get betrayed in the convo with a wild predator. The devour cost is so high that usually unless I am actively waiting around for the sp for it (and eating something has no gameplay benefits over just killing it normally) so long as I am at a reasonable difficulty level almost everything dies before devour is even useable. On top of that, predators are often weirdly adverse to actually using devour in a fight. Even if I stand around waiting for them to use it it takes them absolutely forever to do so, and that's assuming they even have built up the SP to do so. The ones with high cost physical skills seem to prefer to spend all their sp on those. To compound the issue, the success isn't guaranteed (feels like about 50% maybe?) and getting out is usually pretty easy so you basically never get the feeling of struggling against the clock as you try to escape before your predator digests you, unless you purposefully set up such a situation for yourself (which isn't even that easy to do unless you go in with pitiful physical attack against a predator with good physical defense in a difficulty that is too high for you, in which case you just get digested in like 2 turns anyways so you don't even get a lot of time to enjoy it). The only exception so far has been the witch, who you can only fight once, and even she can be pretty reluctant to actually eat someone sometimes.
I don't know how much can be done on the AI front to make them prioritize using devour more, but at the very least I think notably reducing the sp cost of devour would be completely fine.

I have a couple pretty minor issues: enemies resurrecting from death because they had someone in their belly who didn't escape upon killing them is bullshit (its mostly an issue with the snakes in my experience). Also kinda wish predators could eat more than one person at a time (I've actually seen a wild predator try to do that once but they failed and it seems like it won't let player characters do it). Also was saddened that the holstaur said she'd sell you some intoxicating milk but then doesn't. I don't know if that's something planned to be added or not, but I was looking forward to the potential of that.

Oh and found a crash in the vore crawler section. If taking the jerk option with the lamia in the diner you get an "unable to find file: Graphics/Faces/Lamia - Face" message and the game crashes.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V2C

Postby TheFetishBeast » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:57 am

All right, here comes the next version of Predatorial, Version 2C. I was considering making this Version 3 but I'm saving that one for something bigger. Also, I had planned for this version to be released at the end of September. I'm a little late for that but, hey, at least not half a year late, am I right ^_^ ? Anyway, savefiles from Version 2 and up should be compatible with this one but don't quote me on that.

V2C
Added new story to The Library, 'Growth Spurt'.
NOTE: This story is in a very early alpha with a large number of planned features currently not in it. It also doesn't look at all the way I want it to. Consider this addition more akin to an experimental test. It has also not been extensively tested and is very likely to contain lots of bugs.
Added a few additions to the Character Creator. These include 1 Mouth (Cat smile) and 1 Nose (Snout).
Added whiskers to Nekos (At the moment, these are only visible on the face graphic. I might add some to sprites someday).
Added whiskers to Tosh in 'Vore Crawler'.
Changed recruit dismissal to allow for dismissal of predators.
Changed the rewards of all currently available simple quests in Sleepwell from 50 Source to 100 Source.
Replaced various soundeffects with ones stolen from various sources (See 'Credits' for more info).
Fixed Sebastian's face being wrongly displayed when ordering food at Dande Kitchen.
Fixed the 'Surrender' skill. It was supposed to prevent the player from doing anything, which it now does.
Fixed crash when being a jerk to Cynthia (The lamia) in 'Vore Crawler'.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby VVVx » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:21 pm

Could you consider adding whether or not a race is a predator race to the character creation process? I think that's important information, given that predator status is tied to races.
VVVx
Participator

Postby TheFetishBeast » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:33 pm

VVVx wrote:Could you consider adding whether or not a race is a predator race to the character creation process? I think that's important information, given that predator status is tied to races.

Actually, that is not a thing anymore. Any character created using the character creator always starts as a prey. It's only through the dryad that they can be turned into a predator. If there's a part of the game, this thread or the discord that says otherwise then that's false and I need to get that fixed. Additionally, if one race you've chosen has made your character a predator then that's a bug and I need to get that fixed too.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby VVVx » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:45 pm

The first post in the thread still says that, and so does the intro.
VVVx
Participator

Postby VVVx » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:11 pm

The latest version crashes when a stomach gurgle is supposed to play. "Stomach Gurgle 4 (creebefu)" and maybe a couple others aren't there.

Edit: Health potions don't seem to do anything in this version.
VVVx
Participator

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V2D

Postby TheFetishBeast » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:58 am

Hotifx uploaded, Version 2D.

V2D
Fixed healing not working. Unfortunately, this fix may have caused other problems. Keep an eye on digestion.
Fixed crash when trying to play the 'Stomach Gurgle 4 (creebefu)' soundeffect (Hopefully).

I also made a small change to the first post. It no longer claims that your choice of race determines whether you're a predator or not. This change was also made to the intro of the game.

Now, here's something bigger I wanna mention. I've decided that I'm gonna remove the VoreDBS script in its entirety. That script was one of things that I was the most excited for with this game. Unfortunately, it is absolutely riddled with problems and I don't have any coding skills to fix them. So, I'm just gonna get rid of it and create my own Vore Battle System that involves Skills, States and Common events. It's not gonna be easy, I've tried it before and failed miserably, it's gonna be far more limiting but it'll at least be functional (Hopefully). What I'm trying to say with this is that this is probably gonna take a long time for me to achieve and I'm probably not gonna bother with any more hotfixes until it's finished. So, if the game is currently broken (Which, it is) then it's gonna remain broken until then. I'm also probably gonna try to remove a few other scripts while I'm at it (I'm thinking the Steal script is completely pointless).
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:30 pm

On a more technical note, VXA games tend to be so tiny that I practically need screen magnification enabled to be able to reasonably play them. What are you using to scale up the game window?
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby TheFetishBeast » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:03 am

AssumedPseudonym wrote: On a more technical note, VXA games tend to be so tiny that I practically need screen magnification enabled to be able to reasonably play them. What are you using to scale up the game window?

There are two scripts I'm using to achieve that. The first one is 'Basic Window Resizer v1.1' while the second one is 'Basic Options Menu v1.4' (Both of these scripts are made by 'V.M of D.T'. I think he also goes by 'Vlue'). The first script contains the screen resolution changing function itself while the second script grants easy access to that function. You don't need the second script to use the first but I defnitely recommend it.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Imnothere44 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 am

Does anyone know where to go to save in The Chosen One? It's real hard to find scenes when I have to restart each time.
Imnothere44
Been posting for a bit

Postby SoSayWeAll » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:36 am

Imnothere44 wrote:Does anyone know where to go to save in The Chosen One? It's real hard to find scenes when I have to restart each time.

The churches are where you save, same as the main game :) First one is on the left of the starter town
You knew him?
Know him? He was delicious!
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Postby Phantom24601 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:03 pm

Will the next version bring an update to The Chosen One?
Phantom24601
New to the forum

Postby TheFetishBeast » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:30 pm

Phantom24601 wrote:Will the next version bring an update to The Chosen One?

I don't think so, no. The next version is gonna be about improving Predatorial's Vore Battle mechanics, some graphical updates and two new predators. The player should also get at least one new race to play as.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Jasper » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:39 pm

Is there any way to increase the party size? You can hire a lot of adventurers but only take so many with you, plus befriending the regional monsters would take up party space.
Jasper
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:53 am

Jasper wrote:Is there any way to increase the party size? You can hire a lot of adventurers but only take so many with you, plus befriending the regional monsters would take up party space.

No, there is no way to increase the maximum party size. Currently, the maximum number of adventurers and predators you can have is 7 and, due to how this system is built, increasing this number is both difficult and tedious. I may increase it in the future by 2 or 3 but don't count on it.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby tsmith117 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:42 am

An interesting project, and one I want to keep an eye on.
tsmith117
New to the forum

Postby REDACREDDD » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:25 am

For the game growth spurt does priscilla grow at all atm?
REDACREDDD
New to the forum

Postby TheFetishBeast » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:21 pm

REDACREDDD wrote:For the game growth spurt does priscilla grow at all atm?

No, I have not made that much progress yet.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:17 pm

TheFetishBeast wrote:No, there is no way to increase the maximum party size. Currently, the maximum number of adventurers and predators you can have is 7 and, due to how this system is built, increasing this number is both difficult and tedious. I may increase it in the future by 2 or 3 but don't count on it.

How feasible would it be to have a space where you can store party members, maybe in the garden? Ones that you can swap in and out of your party. That at least would give you the option of collecting more party members to be used, which would help solve the problem of not being able to collect all the races you might want to.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game