Unnamed vore card game prototype (in Tabletop Simulator)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Unnamed vore card game prototype (in Tabletop Simulator)

Postby Salanth » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:48 am

Hello everyone.

This has been a long-term project of mine, and it is time to actually show this initial build. This is a Vore-themed CCG-type of game, like Magic the Gathering or Hearthstone, with a twist being that it uses a grid and movement (and of course that it is fundamentally vore-themed). Familiarity with Magic the Gathering definitely helps with understanding the rules text on the cards, but make no mistake, this game is very different.

Although a significant amount of work has been put into developing this, it is still far from having reached a stable state. Expect balance to be out of whack (especially now when there has been significant changes to the card pool and very little testing, which is a partial reason why I am sharing this now), mechanics and rules to have flaws, and that the game could very well look very different before all too long. There is also no art at the moment, primarily because the cards are likely to change.

I will try to provide you all with everything you need to get started, namely: a beginner guide, the rules, the card images, a list of cards for easier browsing, instructions of how to create your own deck, and of course, a save file for Tabletop Simulator where everything is set up.

Aside from that I may or may not be taking a break from this project after the sprint to get it all ready to share. It depends.

Do note that for now Tabletop Simulator is required to play (though I could see it being ported), and that this is a two-player game.

Features:
- 200+ different cards
- 3 playable Factions
- 2 different boards in testing

Here are some basic screenshots from the game:

Spoiler: show

screenshot.png
A screenshot of the main board.

Dragon_in_distress.png
An example card.

Zen_master.png
Another example card.

Factions

You can play as 3 different factions. The lore and mechanical identity of them are subject to change (and might not be fully realized among all the existing cards) but regardless, this is how they are at the moment.

Highlanders: Consists of Birds and Goats. Highlanders temper their hunger through training. Birds are swift but fragile, whilst goats are tough but usually not as powerful offensively.

Tamers: Consists of Beasts and Tamers. Tamers seek to tame Beasts, whilst the Beasts might not necessarily be that keen on it. Tamers are versatile though often not as powerful, whilst beasts are often powerful at the cost of having inability to digest others.

Dragons and Kobolds: Consists of... Dragons and Kobolds. Dragons are the callous overlord of the kobolds, except those kobolds who see injustice in this and seek to be free. Kobolds are cheap but weak, though some have found ways to fight against those larger than themselves, whilst dragons are strong but expensive, and sometimes hard to digest due to their tough scales.

In addition, there is also Mercenaries, whose card you can use for any faction (and also Reserve cards which goes in a separate deck, read the rules for more on that).

Creating your own deck

To create your own deck, use the custom deck creator which can be found in Tabletop Simulator at:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator\Modding\Deck Builder

For further instructions, follow this link and scroll down to the section:
https://kb.tabletopsimulator.com/custom-content/custom-deck/

After you made the deck image you can put it in the game through a custom deck. (I'm pretty sure the host needs to do this.)

Please note that to use this feature in multiplayer, you need to upload it to the steam cloud. Although it is very unlikely that someone will run into whatever you uploaded by accident whatever you do upload is publicly available, and you therefore might get in trouble if you upload something too questionable. (As a side note, for that reason, I'm looking for alternative places where this card game could be set up and played.)

Hosting the game

In case you wish to host, download the save file here (and the thumbnail of the save as well, which may or may not be needed):

https://mega.nz/file/9QgkVAzQ#2PnD5Cw-H ... x1DpHBLsnw

https://mega.nz/file/tMp0TbpC#ghsCNySjY ... yRxEUCcHag

You need to put it in Tabletop Simulator's saves (put the thumbnail there as well if applicable). After that you can load the board.

%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Saves

Cards

The cards can be downloaded here:

https://mega.nz/file/NQ5EwSyK#tDfStAxea ... kHxfLeVogc

Here is a list of the card in CSV form

https://mega.nz/file/EBJmmLYB#56fT0ZPO4 ... GcGWKR3oaU

Beginner guide

Here is a beginner guide I have set up. I'll admit that it's an afterthought, but I hope it's enough to get you started.

https://mega.nz/file/MNBTAbpZ#OprjpF_5Y ... 5hHDYa-ubg

Rules

The rules can be found here (as well as the cards because why not)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There is a lot of thoughts I have about this game still, but I will leave that for now. I look forwards to hearing feedback, good or bad, and I hope you enjoy!

Special thanks:
Atanor, for art, gametesting, and inspiration
Zavvnao, for gametesting, and inspiration

Possible future changes

Some things I have been thinking about:
Spoiler: show
Is using a grid and movement useful for the game? It is interesting, yes, but it adds a lot of complexity. Would the game be better of using a less complicated system so it doesn't detract from the vore aspect of it?

Right now the framing of the game is of a conflict. Maybe it would be better if it would be reframed as, for instance, a bunch of ordinary(-ish) people within a city, for instance? That would create a more light-hearted atmosphere to the whole experience, and could also open up the opportunity to make use of much more different kinds of flavors.

Should more emphasis be put on vore? Right now there are mechanics which are not vore-themed that exists to fulfill a mechanical purpose, but maybe better if everything is either vore-themed, or made to support vore-themed elements pretty directly?

Should Kobolds and Dragons be renamed to something a bit more flavorful?

Should Tamers be renamed so as to not exclude beasts from the name?

The subtype Tamer denotes more a culture rather than an ethnicity or ancestry (like Kobold, Bird, etc.), when the faction itself represents a culture. Should the subtype Tamer be a changed to be a specific type of creature instead?

Reminder texts are pretty ugly at the moment. Would it be better to primarily use an external source to say what keywords do? Or should cards just have fewer keywords in general?

More interplay between different factions and subtypes. What would a Highlander Dragon look like, for instance? Or a Dragon and kobolds Tamer?
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Unnamed vore card game prototype (in Tabletop Simulator)

Postby leonthegreat » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Wow, nice job with all this work.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Re: Unnamed vore card game prototype (in Tabletop Simulator)

Postby Zavvnao » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:59 am

It was fun getting to playtest this, and I'd be happy to try more when I am able to :3
Zavvnao
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Vore game