The Treasure Hunter's Time Loop (Tech Demo Download)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Treasure Hunter's Time Loop (Tech Demo Download)

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 am

Title.png

Aeon Enigma, the powerful and enigmatic time deity, was furious when an amateur treasure hunter by the name of Adriana Seeker stumbled upon one of the toughest puzzles in the universe and solved it (accidentally, I might add). To make matters worse, Adriana had no notoriety or fame to speak of - how could this two-bit adventurer dare to claim such a great treasure, let alone solve a puzzle that had eluded the greatest minds of all time? (Someone extra famous and awesome was supposed to get it!)

For Aeon Enigma, puzzles were everything. They revelled in creating complex riddles and watching the best and brightest minds struggle to solve them. To have a mere mortal like Adriana waltz in and solve one of their toughest puzzles without even breaking a sweat was a huge insult. Something had to be done to rectify this grave injustice.

Thus, Aeon Enigma decided to curse Adriana with a time loop. If Adriana failed to complete a task or died, she would be transported back to the beginning to try again. But Aeon Enigma wasn't satisfied with simply repeating the same task over and over - they mixed it up every time, adding new challenges and obstacles to keep Adriana on her toes.

For Adriana, the only way to escape the time loop was to complete every task Aeon Enigma set before her, no matter how difficult or impossible they seemed. With no other options, she began to embark on a perilous journey through time and space, hoping to break the curse and put an end to Aeon Enigma's twisted games once and for all.

If Adriana was going to claim the treasure Aeon Enigma would make her the greatest treasure hunter ever known, even if it was going to kill her! (Many times!).

---------------

Hello Everyone, the tech demo is ready, I would barely consider it a game but it has 3 events, a level-up system, an inventory system, and you can move around the grid.

You can exit the game by pressing Esc.

In this version you move around the grid looking for the exit, if you get the exit it will just bring up the character screen with an additional 100 exp and you can play the forest level again.

This is the character screen, when you start the game you are given 100 exp to increase a few stats, increase them by pressing the plus
Spoiler: show
char screen.png

There is an event with a slight chance to give you an orb you can equip it by dragging it here in the inventory screen
inv.png
inv.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 6717 times

You move around the grid by pressing your mouse on the box next to you that you want to move too
game screen.png

Here is the download: https://mega.nz/file/6g1zyK7R#3ypexAI4V ... 6PtU88OZqw

I am primarily looking for suggestions on the UI and seeing if anyone can break anything, but I am open to anything, none of the graphics/art is final

Let me know how it goes!

My old post is below:
Hello,

I am currently developing a game called "The Treasure Hunter's Time Loop".

I am using generative AI to assist me in the artwork, most of the artwork is initially sketched by me, and using img2img the AI improves it. I have also trained some custom AI models for the game. I also edit the pictures after the AI has done with them to get what I want.

Planned Features for version 1 (not first release/demo):
[spoiler]
* Grid Base exploration system, what will each new tile bring? Enemies? Events? Treasure? You won't find out until you land on it.
* Turn-based combat, enemies are everywhere, hone your skills and defeat them.
* Inventory, store weapons, armor and potions and other misc items in your inventory!
* Multiple game overs (depending on event/or enemy), while many enemies will want to eat you, there are also other ways to lose, like being transformed into a monster.
* 2 biomes "Forest" and "Swamp"
* a rogue-lite experience, only once you fail a run will you gain exp, levels and skills based on how well you went, losing is part of the fun in these games!

What kinda vore and other stuff will you expect to see? Most options will eventually have a switch to turn them on or off depending on what you want to see:

Player prey, intially
f/f vore
?/f vore
tf
scat (togglable)

future plans:

An ending!
More biomes and monsters!
Crafting - collect items from monsters and events and craft powerful items
Modding Support (I am building this now as part as the base level, but it won't be ready in v1)

Some screenshots/images and a video(which may expire soon):

https://streamable.com/pvr50f

Some game play:
s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

s4.png

s5.png

concept before AI tweaking:
c10.png

Game Over Image:
go2.png

Some enemies/concepts:
plant complete.png

enemy1.png

go4A.png

I am still working on the look and feel of the game, so I am willing to take any suggestions to improve that as I make it throughout this process, the UI is very modular and easy to change. I think the UI is kinda ugly at the moment.

Please leave me any feedback on what you think so far, and I am going to try and get something out soonTM.[/spoiler]
Last edited by FoxyVixen21 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: The Treasure Hunter's Time Loop

Postby D4CMoon » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:39 am

Definitely Interesting, have a few questions about the Grid Map, namely what each tile color is for.
D4CMoon
New to the forum

Postby ThotPrime » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:56 am

This sounds fun! Any chance/plan it could be run off mobile?
ThotPrime
New to the forum

Postby genericaccount » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:08 am

Can people please list if their game is player pred, prey, or observer? Its one of the main things I want to know before I download a game, but so many people simply don't list it in the tags of what kinds of vore to expect
genericaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:40 am

genericaccount wrote:Can people please list if their game is player pred, prey, or observer? Its one of the main things I want to know before I download a game, but so many people simply don't list it in the tags of what kinds of vore to expect

I updated the description, it's player prey intially.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby maxicrack » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:06 am

Definitely keeping this in sight, seems like a good concept!
Any specific suggestions, or just whatever comes to mind?
maxicrack
Been posting for a bit

Postby hexcorsist » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:25 am

Looking foward to seeing where this goes.
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:18 am

maxicrack wrote:Definitely keeping this in sight, seems like a good concept!
Any specific suggestions, or just whatever comes to mind?

You can suggest anything, I don't mind discussing it, but no promises on anything. As long as it fits the game concept.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:08 am

I'll be keeping an eye on this! Best of luck!
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby komaru » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:41 am

Tagging this to keep an eye on!
komaru
???

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 am

Just some updates, have completed 2 more events for the first biome. I won't give much details but here are some clues.

spikevines3alt.png

oldboxupscale.png

I will release a demo soon, it was only be a couple of events in the first biome, maybe one enemy, and the basics of the level up system.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby DoctorBirkin » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:31 pm

That looks already promising.
I like it when the scenarios have detailed text about what's going on.
I'm looking forward to the first demo.
If you find some typos in my posts, you can keep them.^^
My first language is german and my english is only midclass.
DoctorBirkin
Somewhat familiar

Postby ProudMonsterFucker » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Hmm, idea to help improve this! I like the art quite a bit, but for the gameplay, I think changing it to 16-bit or 32- pixelart would help a lot to make the game feel a lot more polished. It's a lot easier to draw pixelart, too, imo!
Here's an example: Have the UI be mostly pixelart, but have a frame at one part that has the full-size art of the enemy inside of it. Oh, also, I think using some more vibrant colors for the non-vore scenes would be a good idea- Though the stomach scenes are pretty good :)
Oh, as for bad ends- Maybe add some variety, for fun! Instead of just being eaten all the time, maybe Adriana could:
Be impregnated and kept as a broodmare
Have a collar wrapped around her neck and kept as a pet
Be hypnotized by a monster that has hypnosis powers
Essentially, what I'm saying is to add some variety! Also, for the grid stuff- Instead of just a bunch of differently-colored squares, add little things on them that coordinate to what they are. For example, if there's a item at a location, have a chest symbol, and then show a series of a few art pieces that shows the chest being opened... Or being a mimic. You never know!
(In case you can't tell, game design is kinda a passion of mine, lol)

Good luck with the rest of the game! If you ever want more advice, just ask!
ProudMonsterFucker
New to the forum

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:30 pm

Just working on the leveling up and luck/rolling system now.

Leveling up only happens after a run is completed, so that losing is part of the gameplay loop, you will get to a point where you are too weak and will lose. Also some of the traps/events/enemies are brutal and will likely end your run.

After every run you can spend your exp on improving attributes / skills or buying new abilities and once you have spent a certain amount of exp you level up. I am not sure what benefits to give leveling up yet (apart from a general power boost), but I might do a perk system / feat system where you can pick a special ability or something a bit for niche for your character every few levels.

for the luck rolling system most checks roll a D20 for you, and your luck has a chance to increase the number of the on dice, the chance and the increase are very low at first, but if you dump a lot of exp into luck you could be rolling crits quite often.

There is often a D20 + an ability/skill/attribute check to pass certain events.

Here is some more game over art if you are defeated by mutants in the forest without going over the threshold of their venom and they don't decide to eat you.
content warning - the mutants are having their way with the main character:
GO5.png

I am planning to add options so you can turn off/on things you don't want to see.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:13 am

I am almost ready to release the tech demo for people to try.

I have almost completed the way the game loop works (not combat yet), there is currently 3 events, if you lose, you get a game over and a choice to go again or you can choose increase your stats based on how well you did in your previous run. One of the events gives you an item you can use by opening your inventory and a character screen will be ready by the time it is release.

I would say it is less then a week away.

There is no way to 'win' so if you get to the end I will just restart the tech demo with your stats intact.

I will mostly be looking for feedback about ways to improve the UI and any bugs or issues you come across. All art/images is not final and subject to change as I go a long.

Here is another image, spoilers for a game over

If the one of the enemies venom overcomes you, it changes you into one of them. This will be the result.
GO7.png

FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 am

ProudMonsterFucker wrote:Hmm, idea to help improve this! I like the art quite a bit, but for the gameplay, I think changing it to 16-bit or 32- pixelart would help a lot to make the game feel a lot more polished. It's a lot easier to draw pixelart, too, imo!
Here's an example: Have the UI be mostly pixelart, but have a frame at one part that has the full-size art of the enemy inside of it. Oh, also, I think using some more vibrant colors for the non-vore scenes would be a good idea- Though the stomach scenes are pretty good :)
Oh, as for bad ends- Maybe add some variety, for fun! Instead of just being eaten all the time, maybe Adriana could:
Be impregnated and kept as a broodmare
Have a collar wrapped around her neck and kept as a pet
Be hypnotized by a monster that has hypnosis powers
Essentially, what I'm saying is to add some variety! Also, for the grid stuff- Instead of just a bunch of differently-colored squares, add little things on them that coordinate to what they are. For example, if there's a item at a location, have a chest symbol, and then show a series of a few art pieces that shows the chest being opened... Or being a mimic. You never know!
(In case you can't tell, game design is kinda a passion of mine, lol)

Good luck with the rest of the game! If you ever want more advice, just ask!

I have a number of bad ends in the works, but I do like the hypno idea, I think that will show up in there somewhere!

The other ones you have suggested are already planned or something similar.

In the full game, you won't see the colored squares normally, because you don't know if you are going to trigger an event/enemy before you step on it but I might add some variety to the square with little sprites or something, I don't know yet (the colors are just for testing at the moment).

I do like the idea of the mimic, so we will see what happens there.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Phliq » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 am

Looks very promising! I'm excited to see the Demo!
I like the Idea of the main character could decide to resist or give in and let your Lust controle you!
Phliq
New to the forum

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:21 am

Phliq wrote:Looks very promising! I'm excited to see the Demo!
I like the Idea of the main character could decide to resist or give in and let your Lust controle you!

I have added a resolve bar as well, if gets too low you will automatically give in to.your lust, because your resolve has been tested too much, you will need to try and keep it high.

Of course the choice to just give in is still there too
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: The Treasure Hunter's Time Loop (Tech Demo Download)

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:34 pm

I have added the tech demo download and instructions to the first post, good luck everyone!
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: The Treasure Hunter's Time Loop (Tech Demo Download)

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:52 pm

This seems interesting. I shall keep an eye on your progress.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Next

Return to Vore game