Game jam poll ( Vote for what I make )

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What should I make for a game jam?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:09 pm

Don't let me catch you
51%
Unnamed Rhythm tapping game
25%
Masturbator aid game
24%

Total votes : 342

Game jam poll ( Vote for what I make )

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:09 pm

Been thinking of taking a day next week to do a lightning round on creating a vore game. Quick dirty and probably somewhat sloppy. I also intend on trying to make hentai style pics alongside my usual manips.

I will probably do nothing else with whatever I make since I already have a project that still has outstanding features to be added but I was inspired by a recent post here to make a game in a month and I want to stretch my wings again like I did for typing of the digested to make something unique and new.

Problem is I can't decide between three ideas that are in the poll above. I'll explain each here.

Don't let me catch you
Concept is a girl is changing clothes in front of you and trusting you to not look and certainly not to be... touching yourself. If she catches you well you can guess what happens next. A second stage may have her churning you and checking to make sure you aren't doing anything lewd inside her. If she catches you a second time, well you're hopeless and obviously should be sentenced to life on her lumps.

Unnamed Rhythm tapping game
I think I have the capability to make a ddr like thing. Basically hit the notes at the right time and you'll escape digestion. Possibly a pred mode as well to churn prey up if you do well enough, but prey mode is the main goal.

Masturbator aid game
Two game modes
1. Try not to cum where a guide on the side directs you how fast to stroke along with teasing visuals and dialog. It'd kind of be the honor system for the player to self report their loss and face digestion.
2. Try to cum fast enough. In this mode a health bar shows your progress towards digesting completely as prey. Try to cum before the bar depletes or else you are digested.
possible flip side for pred mode if I have enough time but prey mode is the goal.

No promise on when I'd make any of these I just want some feedback on what people would like to see. I've also allowed for two votes so you can vote for your two favorite ideas but reject one.

Whatever I make the renpy code will be exposed so anyone else can expand on it as they might like.
Last edited by ryanshowseason3 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanshowseason3
???

Re: Game jam poll ( Vote for what I make )

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:15 pm

I voted for a Rhythm tapping game.

My thoughts are that exploring those mechanics could give good insight into minigames for other game genres.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RedOrange » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:51 am

Whichever it is, please add a pred mode. We need more pred POV games. :gulp:
RedOrange
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:16 am

The way they're described makes it sound like the three games are parts of one overall narrative. The failure of the first part leads to the second, the second leads to the third and the third leads to third part B. So I'm going to curveball this and say make a game where you get three chances of not getting a game over before getting digested. If you make it through third part B, you get let out and get a happy ending.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:24 am

wariodude128 wrote:The way they're described makes it sound like the three games are parts of one overall narrative. The failure of the first part leads to the second, the second leads to the third and the third leads to third part B. So I'm going to curveball this and say make a game where you get three chances of not getting a game over before getting digested. If you make it through third part B, you get let out and get a happy ending.

That is not the case. One of these ideas might get made. I will not be taking artistic direction from the audience like this.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:53 am

Voting for the rhythm game, on the basis that it would have potential to be expanded either by you or a fan into an actual big game.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:47 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:Voting for the rhythm game, on the basis that it would have potential to be expanded either by you or a fan into an actual big game.

I agree. Probably prime material for a larger form game. Perhaps it's a blessing then that the poll is going the other direction.

Cause this will be a one and done thing. The rhythm tapping will wait until my plate is less full. Then perhaps I can make a full length thing out of it.

Looks like the don't let me catch you concept is winning. I'll look at the votes at the end of the weekend and take that as the results.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:18 pm

Looks like don't let me catch you won by a mile. I'll have to look for some material to do it with.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:32 pm

For anyone following this thread the results of my game jam are here:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=64988&p=2949363#p2949363
ryanshowseason3
???

Return to Vore game