Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Postby OffHero » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:20 pm

Everytime I try and open the game, it shows me this screen

C:\Games\Vore\Nomad>java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true
[LWJGL] GLFW_API_UNAVAILABLE error
Description : WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL
Stacktrace :
org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1251)
org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1412)
vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:144)
vmo.Main.main(Main.java:7)
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x5c38eaed, pid=7584, tid=0x00002460
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0) (build 1.8.0_361-b09)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.361-b09 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [lwjgl_opengl32.dll+0xeaed]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Games\Vore\Nomad\hs_err_pid7584.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

C:\Games\Vore\Nomad>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
OffHero
New to the forum

Postby Nouvi » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:35 am

Well, error is pretty clear at least. Seems like OpenGL drivers are not supported, perhaps missing drivers?
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby neverreallyexisted20 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:56 am

I keep hearing about a ship in the top right of the 2nd planet, but i cannot find it for the life of me. I can find a cave full of crystals and bats but no canyon. Am i just blind or is there something i am meant to be looking for?
Wait a moment, I may be slightly blind, I have found the cavern, but now I don't know how to use the explosives to free the ship. Any help?
neverreallyexisted20
New to the forum

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:18 am

neverreallyexisted20 wrote:I keep hearing about a ship in the top right of the 2nd planet, but i cannot find it for the life of me. I can find a cave full of crystals and bats but no canyon. Am i just blind or is there something i am meant to be looking for?
Wait a moment, I may be slightly blind, I have found the cavern, but now I don't know how to use the explosives to free the ship. Any help?

Well it's in the top left of the second planet, but it's not in a cave it's basically in a hole in the wall at the top left of the top left screen.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Trubot527 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:44 am

neverreallyexisted20 wrote:I keep hearing about a ship in the top right of the 2nd planet, but i cannot find it for the life of me. I can find a cave full of crystals and bats but no canyon. Am i just blind or is there something i am meant to be looking for?

You can't. You go back to the starting village and ask the priest to dig out the ship for gold. The explosives are for the blocked entrance south of the lamia forest, which unlocks the rest of the planet
Trubot527
Participator

Postby neverreallyexisted20 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:50 am

Does the Milk Mama's "Lactation" trait do anything or am I still far too early game to figure it out yet? It doesn't hurt to have so far but I am wondering if there is a plus to taking it.
neverreallyexisted20
New to the forum

Postby EternityTheory » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:44 am

Trubot527 wrote:

You can't. You go back to the starting village and ask the priest to dig out the ship for gold. The explosives are for the blocked entrance south of the lamia forest, which unlocks the rest of the planet

You can actually use the explosives to get the ship out as well. You need two of them; interact with the red symbol behind the ship afterward.
EternityTheory
New to the forum

Postby SatanChan » Sun May 28, 2023 9:46 pm

How do I play it in full screen
SatanChan
New to the forum

Postby BladeWard » Mon May 29, 2023 12:16 am

SatanChan wrote:How do I play it in full screen

Nomad for Java unfortunately does not HAVE fullscreen, but the dev is currently remaking the whole project within unity, which does have fullscreen. Its unfortunate, but you gotta deal with the tiny screen for now.
I've got Caveduck AIs. Look: https://caveduck.io/user/Unknown_prospect
BladeWard
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 29, 2023 4:47 am

look for assets/data/config.txt
file should look like this
Code: Select all
screenscale
textscale

You can change screenscale to other values and save(alter text scale as well). you might need to tweak it a fair bit to get it how you want. This will not make it full screen but it will make the window bigger.
edit:
this will not change the game window while its running, you'll need to restart the game for this change to take effect.
darkevilme
---

Postby nnnddt » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:00 pm

BladeWard wrote:

Nomad for Java unfortunately does not HAVE fullscreen, but the dev is currently remaking the whole project within unity, which does have fullscreen. Its unfortunate, but you gotta deal with the tiny screen for now.

Source ? To me the game is abandonned. Patreon page doesn't works, no update since 2020.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby BladeWard » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:36 pm

nnnddt wrote:
BladeWard wrote:

Source ? To me the game is abandonned. Patreon page doesn't works, no update since 2020.

Are you on their discord server? The dev has been porting their stuff to Unity since June of 2020, while others are still adding stuff to the Java edition.
I've got Caveduck AIs. Look: https://caveduck.io/user/Unknown_prospect
BladeWard
New to the forum

Postby Rubiont-47 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:19 am

Oh right. I forgot that this site exists, peoples still messages here. haha.

nnnddt wrote:
BladeWard wrote:

Yeah. Dev is actively working on Unity version of this game. All content will be transfered and other peoples still adding mods to the game.
Everything about this you can read on official Discord Server.
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:37 am

neverreallyexisted20 wrote:Does the Milk Mama's "Lactation" trait do anything or am I still far too early game to figure it out yet? It doesn't hurt to have so far but I am wondering if there is a plus to taking it.

It has an effect, but only with like 2 enemies in the game.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:39 am

nnnddt wrote:
BladeWard wrote:

I can confirm he is back to working on the Unity version of the game. He closed down the patreon because he felt like it wasn't fair to keep taking peoples money when the game was going on Hiatus, but it is off Hiatus now, and great strides are being made towards a new better unity version.

The discord is where you can find the information on this as it happens.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby BoringKoboId » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:14 am

is this game still being worked on?
BoringKoboId
New to the forum

Postby TheMastermind » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:28 am

BoringKoboId wrote:is this game still being worked on?

Slowly but yea. It's being moved to Unity, there are some early versions you can try in the discord
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game