[Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.6

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.3

Postby LittleSlimy » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:33 pm

Eat a survivor, hide in safe space, watch the prey being churned and the skills being absorbed straight to your character sheet, limited to level max of the current prey's skills.
LittleSlimy
Been posting for a bit

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Thu May 11, 2023 9:53 pm

Finally got a proper uninterrupted evening. ~2 Months after initial post.

One evening's progress so on previously listed goals for the next update
Goals for Alpha v0.2.0:
-Clean up code and properly document everything after the initial minimum viable product build.
-Create weapon placeholder(s) for vore weapon(s) : Placeholder weapon created so now there is something to target the prey. But still want to add icons, sounds, and finish the name translation lua script to hide the variable names. The paths for the icon files are setup so just need to make proper ones and overwrite the icon placeholders.
-Get the xp tracking for the "Vore skill" working for vore weapon hits : Done! I can grab the zombie's gameobject from this function for future use.
-Get xp tracking for vore related crafting working

SymLeikill wrote:This definitely has some promise if you continue working on it. Just remember that no vore mod has ever been easily made, just keep at it and make sure you don't burn yourself out. Im sure you'll make a really good mod the longer you work on this project.

Thank you for the encouragement! My main issue right now though is not burning out on working on the project but rather just getting free time where I am not dead tired, and willing to spend what free time I have on coding.

LittleSlimy wrote:Eat a survivor, hide in safe space, watch the prey being churned and the skills being absorbed straight to your character sheet, limited to level max of the current prey's skills.

Good idea but far down the line if I ever get there at this rate.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby MisterXUwU » Thu May 11, 2023 11:51 pm

I'm glad to hear that you haven't abandoned the project, keep up the good work
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slippinjimin » Sat May 13, 2023 11:46 am

This is a pretty excited mod! stoked to see where it goes :gulp:
Slippinjimin
New to the forum

Postby AstraLight » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:25 pm

Hey I saw the amazing work you did and it got me interested in modding zomboid. I added to your mod by making a weapon that will delete zombies and add a food item to your inventory based on the vore skill on hit. It's incredibly basic and I haven't tested further than making sure it can "eat" zombies but if anyone's interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrbDP8 ... ciPg7/view
AstraLight
New to the forum

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:14 pm

AstraLight wrote:Hey I saw the amazing work you did and it got me interested in modding zomboid. I added to your mod by making a weapon that will delete zombies and add a food item to your inventory based on the vore skill on hit. It's incredibly basic and I haven't tested further than making sure it can "eat" zombies but if anyone's interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrbDP8 ... ciPg7/view

Awesome job! Also looking through the scripts I also noticed that you made sure to add the "Vore Tool" to the craftable items along with a way to revert excess vore bellies back to their original serum tier for upgrading your belly tier or redoing the belly color. Large oversight on my part there, good job for catching it.

Also it did not even occur to me force the player character to say anything as part of the reaction to devouring something via the text chat. But yeah awesome job overall!

The one note I have is something that I read about how the XP system works. I don't recall where I read it but I did pick up something about best practices involve using multiples of 4 when using AddXP because of something about how the multipliers work or something? Or it might have been that 4 XP in the system is 1 XP in the UI or something like that.

Otherwise I would appreciate being allowed to use your code as a reference and listing you as a contributor to the project.

Edit: Note to anyone that is going to use the mod for multiplayer RP. I don't know how the game will react to hitting another player character with the vore tool and I am not setup to test that currently. Would love to know though!
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby AstraLight » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:29 pm

NobodyOfAnyMatter wrote:
AstraLight wrote:Hey I saw the amazing work you did and it got me interested in modding zomboid. I added to your mod by making a weapon that will delete zombies and add a food item to your inventory based on the vore skill on hit. It's incredibly basic and I haven't tested further than making sure it can "eat" zombies but if anyone's interested: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrbDP8IJC7AVC2Rrf5khsJheNsRciPg7/view">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrbDP8 ... ciPg7/view</a><!-- m -->

Awesome job! Also looking through the scripts I also noticed that you made sure to add the "Vore Tool" to the craftable items along with a way to revert excess vore bellies back to their original serum tier for upgrading your belly tier or redoing the belly color. Large oversight on my part there, good job for catching it.

Also it did not even occur to me force the player character to say anything as part of the reaction to devouring something via the text chat. But yeah awesome job overall!

The one note I have is something that I read about how the XP system works. I don't recall where I read it but I did pick up something about best practices involve using multiples of 4 when using AddXP because of something about how the multipliers work or something? Or it might have been that 4 XP in the system is 1 XP in the UI or something like that.

Otherwise I would appreciate being allowed to use your code as a reference and listing you as a contributor to the project.

Edit: Note to anyone that is going to use the mod for multiplayer RP. I don't know how the game will react to hitting another player character with the vore tool and I am not setup to test that currently. Would love to know though!
Feel free to use the code, I had to use a bunch of mods to even begin to understand what half the things meant. Regarding the XP I have no clue about the multiples of 4 and just based it around the xp required to get to the next level.
AstraLight
New to the forum

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.5

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:34 pm

AstraLight wrote:Feel free to use the code, I had to use a bunch of mods to even begin to understand what half the things meant. Regarding the XP I have no clue about the multiples of 4 and just based it around the xp required to get to the next level.

Refactored and integrated the code into what I had built for v0.1.4 so far. And fixed a small variable issue that would have cause some problems with save compatibility with older versions. I made some notes in the Lua code of what else I wanted to do tonight but I have just run out of steam.

I ended up going with OnHitZombie instead of OnWeaponHitCharacter just to separate the code out to potentially target player character hits specifically more easily down the line.

Also added you as a contributor in a text doc in the build info.

I was just noting the XP thing since that might be useful/relevant if you wanted to make any other project zomboid mods.

...I am probably going to regret sleep deprived coding when I attempt to document everything since I am gonna delay that to a later update apparently.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.5

Postby MisterXUwU » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:25 am

Yay I waited for it, I can't wait to try the update :gulp:
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.6

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:59 pm

Research notes:
I got stuck on trying to capture the inventory of the zombie when it is being consumed for a long time.

Unfortunately, most of the the items in the zombie's inventory apparently do not exist until the zombie is dead as I now understand it. Which would occur after the zombie is "killed" by being vored. So that prevents the zombie from being removed from the world in the on hit function like I have been using. So the zombie has to be captured later on such as in the on death function. But the on death function does not include a cause of death so to capture that it would need some way to pass a message to the on death function from whatever lua function is the voring function.

My current ideas include the following:
-Giving a placeholder item to the zombie when vored, forcibly killing the vored zombie immediately afterward, detecting the presence of that item in the zombie's inventory in the death function, and then finally finding the target character that vored the zombie by proximity based on the cell it is standing in since the vore attack is a close range melee attack.
-Completely rewrite how everything works and store the zombie(s) in some sort of placeholder space controlled by the script. This might be a path towards getting zombies vore escape working since they could survive the initial vore attempt. And maybe the code could be reused for the player being vored? Unsure of that last one.

Personal notes:
To be perfectly honest after the initial builds it has been really hard to get any desire to work on this project. I initially started this project because a friend of mine liked playing project zomboid and wished for a weight gain mod and I started modeling a belly. Which just sort of spiraled into making the initial vore roleplay tool. But I did not really directly see much of them or anyone else using the mod. I don't really enjoy playing project zomboid so the mod was never really for me directly. I enjoy watching people play the game and the stories they make with it, but not really having an interest in using the mod myself makes it a lot harder to build the motivation.

I do think it would be interesting to see people enjoying vore in project zomboid but I really feel like I seriously over represented on my ambition towards this. I have poked the code and researched in all the directions I have mentioned code wise and I do think it can be made to work even if not in the ways I have considered.

The lack of a strong passion for the project is part of the reason for my encouraging "Anyone is free to take the provided files to modify and reproduce." along with my preferences for code to be open source.

To be clear, I am still working on it from time to rare time, but it really is not really a project I am excited about so I barely touch it.

As a side note I did get excited to see some interest in the project by AstraLight when they made some code modifications to share with everyone. That is what gave me enough interest to integrate their code into the project directly.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.6

Postby LittleSlimy » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:59 am

Too bad this game goes in hiatus because with mods like "Superb Survivors!" we could have human npcs pred or prey in the apocalypse.
LittleSlimy
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game