Game Plot

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Game Plot

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:55 pm

Making this thread for people to openly pitch their ideas about storylines that might work for the MMORVRPG. I will list some of the main game aspects that we are seriously considering to give you folks an idea about how a storyline might be worked around them.

1) Players start out as a base class or faction which will decide where and how they start in the game.

2) Players will advance to many different classes and titles through learning and training different skills

3) Skills are learned through use and are slowly forgotten if not used for a long time.

4) The world will be made up of continents and islands, many of which have different game rules or modifications.

5) Alchemy will be putting any combination of 8 components together and getting potions and mixes that have many different effects.

6) Vore will be acomplished as a skill and will be worked up from at first eating small things like mice around cities, then housecats, ect up to players. There will be a resistance skill that will make it harder to be eaten.

I am probably forgetting a few things but I will append in a bit. If anyone has any questions about gameplay, please ask in the Q & A topic!
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby random_man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:59 pm

I think that some factions would hate eachother, some would like eachother and the rest are neutral.
random_man
Somewhat familiar

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:01 pm

random_man wrote:I think that some factions would hate eachother, some would like eachother and the rest are neutral.

Actually that is an interesting point. I think mabe we should have dynamic factions where player attitude towards other factions affects things.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Sikhoten_Tiger » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:12 pm

So the traditional Cats vs. Dogs and Cats vs. Birds would probably be there.

(Damn us felines are trouble makers :p )
Sikhoten_Tiger
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby random_man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:18 pm

forgot this, You should also have something that could protect the new players from high lvl players, lets say that a player with really high vore skill comes up to a new player just walking out of a city or something (dont know if theres cities just assuming) there should be something that can protect him from the players that just eat low lvl players, has to be punishes for that and a wanted list. If theres a wanted list, your wanted if you eat alot of other players, you become wanted alot faster by eating lower lvl players.
random_man
Somewhat familiar

Postby CerberusTheHitman » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:06 pm

Felines v Canines v Birds v Reptiles v Dragons

And you can craft your character in each of those categories.
Oh! What about when your eaten, and digested, you like follow the pred in like a ghost cam for awhile. And when you come back, you are like in that clan, or whatever?
CerberusTheHitman
Somewhat familiar

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:27 pm

Back on topic, we are looking for ideas about storyline, not game mechanics.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby SammyDavisjrjr » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:37 pm

The somewhat evil overlord of the Liger clan (wooo ligers) has become somewhat psycotic and is now calling for members of his clan to capture other furrys to feed some sort of evil overwhelming powerful doomsday stylized demon thing? Eventually after the Liger clan has fed the demon thingy enoough furrys it could go to war against all other clans perhaps in a certain oreder forcing the players to unite against it....or something like that I'm just making this up as I go along.
SammyDavisjrjr

Postby CerberusTheHitman » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm

The world is overpopulated. There are just too many creatures. And they are close to running out of food. So the different species start going after one another for food. There is infighting, but mostly they try to eat other species. Some of the species team up to overpower others. Some go at it as loners. There are also the ones who know what they are, and give themselves willingly to food. Some species capture other species and force them to breed for the soul purpose of eating their young, and they are always trying to escape and/or not breed to prevent the evils they perceive.

Sorry, this is all I could come up with...
CerberusTheHitman
Somewhat familiar

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm

captaintomx wrote:The somewhat evil overlord of the Liger clan (wooo ligers) has become somewhat psycotic and is now calling for members of his clan to capture other furrys to feed some sort of evil overwhelming powerful doomsday stylized demon thing? Eventually after the Liger clan has fed the demon thingy enoough furrys it could go to war against all other clans perhaps in a certain oreder forcing the players to unite against it....or something like that I'm just making this up as I go along.

Sounds interesting :) Though I do realize I forgot a key thing here. We are making an MMORPG with vore, not a MMORPG based on vore here. Try to keep that in mind when you think of a storyline. The vorish part should be a relatively integral yet not vital part of the storyline here.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby random_man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:43 pm

How about in the middle there is a giant island where no one can attack eachother and thats where the leader/leaders are. They are slowly losing power and if you do use the liger idea you could have them attack the island every once in awhile. You can be hired by the guard there to help defend and the more you vore you get more equipment or money. You can also work for the ligers but it would be very hard and if u manage to get into the city you could vore the leader/leaders, but it would require a VERY large group do to all the guards there.
random_man
Somewhat familiar

Postby CerberusTheHitman » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:03 pm

You could try to follow Digital Devil Saga and be forced to eat your enemies to gain experience and stuff.
CerberusTheHitman
Somewhat familiar

Throwing ideas...

Postby ImaginaryZ » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:10 pm

Let's see, a world with a bunch of factions, complicated by a food chain and some sort of global conflict...
Players that can increase their skills by use and can learn new skills to help complete new quests...
In my opinion, i'd like to see some sort of universal enemy to this world, where the factions can have their squabbles but in the end they must work together to stop something terrible from happening...
I'd like to see that come from a conflict like:
Faction A controls/has the only glass/crystal producing facilities (desert)
Faction B controls/has the only rare minerals deposits (mountains)
Faction C controls/has the best power generation facilities (river/temperate)
Faction D controls/has the only refinery that works (ocean)
Faction E controls/has the best vehicles/transportation (forestry)
Faction F owns the best land (plains)
Then as a player in this world, you are told to fight for your faction, but eventually get signs of an impending danger, and have to collaborate with all the other factions (lots of quests & bosses!) to add 1 piece (your piece, 1 per character) to the global save-this-world project. This is entirely optional, but is in effect, "beating" the game.
If enough pieces are collected, the world is saved! (from that danger, in the meantime i'm sure we'll be coming up with some more nasties... bwa ha ha) That should keep players busy. Oh, and I personally don't like restricting factions to 1 race, although more realistic, it might cause problems logistically.
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Arkleseisure » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:58 pm

Not everyone like furries in their vore. For factions, you could take some inspiration from Duamutef's universe, I suppose. All the clans have radically different philosiphies, and they tend to hate each other. Or, hey, you could make it work a bit like guild Wars

I wonder, how much of the game is open for modding?
Arkleseisure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Duamutef » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:58 pm

I'd be careful what you plan at this stage. Even a few functional entities can take a whole lot of work, especially if you're new to game production.

I would suggest a plan that allows you to put together a very simple but functional world that, if things work out, you can expand on later. Hopefully the storyline would work the same way.

A few suggestions:

1) Stick to getting one faction up and running at first unless the game is going to be PvP heavy (If so, focus on two).

2) Make sure you have a gameplay structure that isn't going to eat you alive (no pun intended). A lot of classes means a lot of design and implementation. It's great to be able to have a lot of these things, but make sure the design can work with only two or three if it turns out that's all you can make. (Even if you can make twenty different classes to progress through, you can't make all of them at once--it's better to make a few core classes to run the game with, then add more later on.)

It's the same story with skills. Make sure each skill you plan for is one you need; if you get the system up and running you can add fun little secondary skills later.

3) Be careful how you use "Learn through use" systems. They're...problematic. I'd avoid using it unless there's a clear-cut gameplay need for them or you can ensure that progression through them is natural, accessible, and properly paced (none of which are easy in practice).

4) Continents and islands are a good idea. They let you focus on developing one zone at a time, and that's good. To start out with I'd focus on making one island with a starting zone, a low-level questing zone, and a higher-level dungeon or somesuch.

5) Even if you mean there are 8 components and you can mix any 2, you're going to kill yourself trying to come up with that many potions. There's only one way to pull it off otherwise, and that's to have a system that dynamically determines the effects of a potion by it's components, and making that worthwhile is almost as hard as coming up with 64 different potions. (I can tell you how to do this, but I'm not sure that's what you had in mind)

6) Be careful how you design the vore, because you're going to have to represent it in-game. If you're planning to do it simply with a sprite that says "GULP!" then this won't be a problem, but if you want animated swallowing, remember that the animation has to account for every kind of creature that can be swallowed. (i.e. how are you going to show the player swallowing a mouse vs. swallowing a full-sized PC?)

Also...one of my biggest obstacles in designing vore games has been the vore itself. It's tricky to integrate into a larger combat mechanic, so you'll want to make sure you know how that's going to be done. You can't have swallowing run just off of a skill vs. resistance roll, because it's too all-or-nothing--you either insta-kill the monster or you take a pile of damage as you unsuccessfully try to swallow it.

I'd suggest giving vore a more robust dynamic; at very least, let players wear down a critter to make it easier to swallow. (That would help to integrate vore into the rest of the combat mechanics; i.e. with a high skill you can swallow a fully healthy critter, and with a low skill you can still swallow it but you have to rough it up a bit first)
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SneakyOne » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:19 am

Lets have a look at this from a different point of view, five or six factions for story telling purposes only. One or two player factions to limit the need for individual backstories and needless coding.

Since you want a general game with vore taking the back seat, lets ignore it, sense as what their boards are for its no suprise that is mainly what this topic has turned into this so lets just simply and blatantly ignore the vore for the time being.

Five or six factions with an extra one or two for the players, bringing a total of nine or ten factions. This would give you enough to make the story more than just kill a few critters then go on a crusade against the other factions. Player factions, two at most, DONT require you to be of a different species to be a part of a certain faction. Just different start locations and maybe a faction name in the clan menu or as part of the characters viewable description but nothing drastic. These are factions one and two being something simple, a few barbarian tribes for example made of a small group of player characters joined together for some reason. Lets just say religion to give us something to base these two factions around. The two starting tribes should be simple things. Low grade weaponry, not even metal yet and any that are metal should cost a bloody lot and low grade magic, they don't have any academies or yet, just shaman stuff.

We have the player factions battling it out over this, PvP location if its going to be implemented but generally something petty to start the story on. Lets call this 'Act 1', the player has entered the world and is expected to know the basics. This should NOT be the tutorial if one is included because we can give some backstory with that and have it not mean anything at all no matter what the player does.

Act 2 begins with an event, lets say there are some larger factions north but these have been civilised somewhat by a northern influence (faction three, NPC Based) and are forming cities to live in and have sent some soldiers down south to stop the local factions (The player factions) from robbing mining shipments or something petty. This bring the player into a larger picture of the world. Cities exist and offer better equipment/skills/enemies/stuff and everything that can happen there is generally better than the original start locations because since they are not at odds with local critters etc. General upgrade and story station. If you really wanted to you could add a few city states (Factions four and five) giving out quests to protect caravans or something. Remember we are still in the petty stages of the game so nothing big, no wars or that just yet. Still simple so using shamans and stuff, reasonable magic medieval grade technology levels. Lose confederation.

Lets move on to faction six. The northern civilising influence that has brought the tribes together to form Factions three through five (the three city states) either as this city thing looked like a good idea or safety in numbers. Faction Six should be the main antagoniser in the story and most probably evil from every possible perspective. Lets make them look really bad for the moment. Daemon species not of the world, aggressive to the locals, aloft, Magically powerful (cause their daemons, it goes hand in hand), Technologically advanced and united. United is important because the Empire is always evil. While we are at it their dead rise when buried so they always burn their dead (bad looking to the 'from the earth return to the earth' starting factions) and for the hell of it, they can suck souls.

We now have something evil up north in some god forsaken waste that they have scourged of local life of and a simple, society down south feeling threatened. Perfect scene for a hero to come along and save the day. Factions Seven through Nine can be bonus things, bandit camps for the alternate was of making money, mercanaries and traders nomads and Simple townsfolk not attached to anything major like the cities or starting towns.

On the topic of 64 potions, not all potions will yield a result would be a good filler. Make experimenting part of the deal. Then you could have something simple like Cheese+Bread=Sandwedge just to fill useless stuff. If you want to take experimenting a bit further make three or four ingredient potions so their is more chance of failure. Increase in the Alchemy skill will yield better cheese sandwedges and perhaps have a chance of telling you when a potion will not yield a result or what you will yield. Of course you could always make other things, like grenades or something with the ingredients to fill blanks instead of just potions.

Ya know, I'm starting to like this daemon nation threatening simpletons to the south thing. Tell me if you want me to expand on the example story and I will happily oblige.
SneakyOne
New to the forum

Postby BradRepko » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 pm

I'm making the assumption that this game is like, in essence, similar in regards to say, Runescape, with a mixture of PVP and NPC battles to suit the taste of the individual player, with vore mixed into the fray along with more typical combat methods. If that is the case, I would assume that we are thinking of the type of game that is continuous like that, not straight thru like say The Legend or Zelda or a multi plotpath game like console RPG's. Generally, you are looking for more of a backstory, a history, than a plot, as the game events will be changing as the staff adds more stuff and how each player persona interacts with one another. If this is the case, then I have some idea's I'd like to run across you.

Millenias ago, the world was not fragmented as it is today, but one massive continent, with all creatures living and collaborating together as friends. Something happened, however, that broke this trust, and the races split into their own cultures with their own beliefs. Although the reason as to what caused this distrust between the races is unclear, the outcomes are obvious in todays world. Many different cultures and religions exist, several of which are secretive and unaccepting of other beliefs. Conflicts exist between many of the races and cultures, even within races and cultures, and many innocents are stuck between these escalating rivalaries. Ruins of the civilizations lost can still be found scattered throughout the lands, some of which had technology and magics beyond understanding of today's most elite seers and scholars. Many of the details of the ancient wars, including the cause of the distrust between nations, has been lost over time, but their hatred and biggotry has survived the generations and continues to consume our in the shadow of wars. One detail hasn't been lost however, and it fuels some of the most heated of battles. It was human sorcerors, combining both magic and technology, that tore the world asunder and into the multi continent plain it is today. Many of the partial and non human races still hold an intense hatred of humans for this, as well as the holier than thow attitude that many humans display towards other races. Of course, this cycle is completed when innocent humans are ridiculed and attacked, sparking new hatreds and rivalries. However, this is just the most noticeable example of the clashing of cultures within this vast and wonderous world.
Fraaz, Master of Icy Fire

"Nooooooooooooo! The Demon King is going to run around in MY body? BLECH! That's too disgusting for words!"

My Interactives:
My Life As a Teenage Voraphile
Catering to Hungry Girls
Down the Hatch: Out the Egress
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby deleted188 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:04 am

Hmmm very interesting ideas :) this is great that it gives us some new insight from other people about the storyline. I am thrilled at the responses this has gotten so far and I will be sure to bring them all up when the team can schedule a meeting!
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Terastas » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:30 pm

Before we could make a plot, I think we'd need to know more about the setting itself.

First and foremost, I think we should scrap the idea of "factions" equating to "species." It would be easier to distinguish between factions based on goals or regional location than a species-based system, especially if not all factions will be playable (which they shouldn't be) -- there should be at least one universal troublemaker to ensure continuous gameplay. It may make it more interesting if there were some species-supremacy factions, but in the long run, there should be at least two all-applicants welcome factions (two so any bitter and/or friendly rivalries may be maintained).

That's about all I've got for plot purposes right now. I'd need to know what kind of setting this will take place in and what kind of game you have in mind before I could contribute anything meaningful. :?
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby Halcyon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 pm

I think, that maybe, it could be possible to switch from the character, to, say... something small or weak, if the player just WANTED to go around and get eaten.

The ideas here sound good, though.

Edit: My bad, forgot the game stopped being made X(
Halcyon
???

Return to Vore game