Q&A Topic

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Q&A Topic

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:56 pm

Please direct all questions about the game here.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Umiriko » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:58 pm

when can i sign up for beta testing ^_^ lol
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:04 pm

We won't need beta testing until we are in beta :)
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Fritzgryphon » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:05 pm

Are you using a common 3D engine that I can read up on?

Could one export characters with 3D Studio Max, or just blender? (never tried blender)

Is the concept of the MMOVRPG demonstratably practical?

Um... that's it for now.
Fritzgryphon
New to the forum

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Fritzgryphon wrote:Are you using a common 3D engine that I can read up on?

Could one export characters with 3D Studio Max, or just blender? (never tried blender)

Is the concept of the MMOVRPG demonstratably practical?

Um... that's it for now.

We are using a development system based on the Blitz3D format and yes, we can currently convert any 3ds or x model into the native format. Imaginary has written an exporter for blender as well.

It is very practical, the framework is already up and fully functional so for now all we have to worry about is game mechanics and content.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

buying

Postby Rat_Guy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:19 pm

will it be a retail CD that I buy in stores, or do I download it online, and how much will it cost, for initail price, and monthly cost.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Rat_Haus wrote:will it be a retail CD that I buy in stores, or do I download it online, and how much will it cost, for initail price, and monthly cost.

It would be something you download and most likely be free to buy and use though we have to figure out how much the server is going to cost us, we might have to charge like, a dollar or two per month if worst comes to worst just so that it doesn't put me in the poor house :P but I am going to try and arrange something so that it doesn't cost you guys a thing, this is a labor of the heart not the wallet.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

WHOA!!!

Postby SammyDavisjrjr » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:32 pm

Wait...what exactly are we talking about again....your making a game...that isn't just like flash images?
SammyDavisjrjr

Re: WHOA!!!

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:43 pm

captaintomx wrote:Wait...what exactly are we talking about again....your making a game...that isn't just like flash images?

Think Everquest or World of Warcraft, Neverwinter Nights? :)
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby SammyDavisjrjr » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:48 pm

whoa...that would be big... Well I'am a script writer...maybe I will come up with something after all most of my stories revolve around the supernatural and the mundane (long story but my icon is a reference to one of my comics) but anyway I may be able to come up with some stuff.

Still your doing all of this...Yourself! 8O my good man.
SammyDavisjrjr

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:21 pm

captaintomx wrote:whoa...that would be big... Well I'am a script writer...maybe I will come up with something after all most of my stories revolve around the supernatural and the mundane (long story but my icon is a reference to one of my comics) but anyway I may be able to come up with some stuff.

Still your doing all of this...Yourself! 8O my good man.

Certainly not all by myself. This would be an impossibility without the rest of the team. I cannot stress enough, just because I am organizing and leading the project in no way makes it "mine" :)
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby random_man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:35 pm

will there be weapons and such so you can fight without voring if someone was to choose?
random_man
Somewhat familiar

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:57 pm

The system will most likely include a plethora of weapons, vore will just be one skill that can be used to subdue an enemy
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Fritzgryphon » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:58 pm

Quadripeds (gryphies, draggies, etc) or non-morphs to be included?
Fritzgryphon
New to the forum

Postby deleted188 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:02 pm

Fritzgryphon wrote:Quadripeds (gryphies, draggies, etc) or non-morphs to be included?

Hopefully, and if not in the initial release, hopefully in a future one. We are trying to not get ahead of ourselves and updates are a cinch.
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby AustinWolfclaw » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:33 am

will the enemies do hard vore as well as soft vore?
AustinWolfclaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kaoru » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:46 am

I have no involvement with this, so keep that in mind - I'm answering unofficially. ...In fact, this is more a suggestion, so it probably belongs elsewhere, but...!

I suspect that an MMOVRPG would need all sorts of vore in it - but you need a way to make sure interests don't conflict. So you could always populate certain areas with certain enemies that reacted certain ways. Of course, in the interests of togetherness and such, the toughers areas would have more and more varied foes... :3

...Oh, by the way. HIIIII Kaliera! I haven't hugtackled you for way too long.
"It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die." ~ Steve Biko
And Now Whatever Way Our Stories End, I Know You Have Re-Written Mine - By Being My Friend.
-To Paul
Kaoru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby deleted188 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:28 am

Kaoru wrote:I have no involvement with this, so keep that in mind - I'm answering unofficially. ...In fact, this is more a suggestion, so it probably belongs elsewhere, but...!

I suspect that an MMOVRPG would need all sorts of vore in it - but you need a way to make sure interests don't conflict. So you could always populate certain areas with certain enemies that reacted certain ways. Of course, in the interests of togetherness and such, the toughers areas would have more and more varied foes... :3

...Oh, by the way. HIIIII Kaliera! I haven't hugtackled you for way too long.

will the enemies do hard vore as well as soft vore?

Ah yes this is an issue that has been brought up quite recently. As things are right now we are simply trying to figure out a generic soft vore system but I beleive that once we get that done it will not be too hard to do something like hard vore at least with some monsters though I promise nothing at this point, it is much too early to say. And hey there Kaoru :)
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Rat_Guy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:27 pm

so... once you have been eaten (soft vore wise) is that death? do you stay alive for a while? can you come out the other end? can you be vomited up, because you forced them, or because they feel like like it? can you attack from inside? and if you zoom to first person, what do you see?

also, do you make games for a living? and if you don't you definatly should. I mean holy crap! look at those pictures, how long have you guys been working on this? I think the whole team should form a third party developer of their own.

final question, can you estimate the realese date at this point?
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Terastas » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:36 pm

How "customizable" do you plan on making this for the players? Are you considering more of a pick-a-species/pick-a-model system like in Neverwinter Nights, or more of an all-around "design-it-yourself" system like in Half Life?
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Next

Return to Vore game