Jumping on the Vore game train...

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Jumping on the Vore game train...

Postby Vorishartist » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Yeah yeah, it started as a simple API for Java, but I guess now I'm starting to work it into a full fledged game. This will be a simple run-of-the-mill action style game, maybe add a FEW rpg elements to it, and I intend to release two versions. The first would be the basic game, complete and all but with no vore (for my normal friends).
The second would be a mod of some sort that includes the use of my Vore API and all those fun little (slightly kinky) methods I wrote for it. I've done a shit-ton of artwork for it already (I would say around 35 sprites in a few days), and plan to have quite alot more.

I'm extrapolating on this little example that came with the engine I'm using (called JGame if anyone here uses Java), and I guess about half of the code now is written by me.

Compatibility: Java was created to be OS independent, with the vision of complex programs being run on any kind of device (as long as it had the JVM, Java Virtual Machine) on it (which knew all the hex codes for certain processes on the... processor). As long as you have a JVM, you can run this thing anywhere. It's also mobile phone compatible, provided you can get it on there.

What I could use: Sprites! Ideas, map designs, people who know java (not javascripting!), sounds, music (midis or wavs), character designs, etc etc

Other stuff: If anyone wants I can release my JVoreAPI as a jar file, and I might make a javadoc for it (documentation). Depends on if anyone really understands coding here (besides WHTB, who is teh C++ mastar). HTML doesn't count

(Also, sprite specs)
32 x 32 preferably, 256 color gif (DO NOT USE PAINT), transparent background (the background color should be the one that's transparent in the color table)
How to do (non shitty) sprites in Photoshop (non shitty means no AA)
1. Make a 32 x 32 image
2. Double click the background layer to turn it into a layer
3. Select All, Delete
4. Create a new layer over the now-transparent layer, hold the cursor over the paintbrush and change to pencil
5. Start drawing like normal, with no anti aliasing! hurray
Vorishartist
Artist

Re: Jumping on the Vore game train...

Postby AdjectiveNounCombo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Vorishartist wrote:1. Make a 32 x 32 image
2. Double click the background layer to turn it into a layer
3. Select All, Delete
4. Create a new layer over the now-transparent layer, hold the cursor over the paintbrush and change to pencil
5. Start drawing like normal, with no anti aliasing! hurray

By this stuff, is Flash acceptable. I'm not offering to do it. I'm just curious.
AdjectiveNounCombo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorishartist » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:09 pm

No, flash is not acceptable because it's vector art. If you can figure out how to get it to be raster'd, then sure. But sending me an swf or a vector file doesn't help
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby quicks » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 pm

why dont more people use flash to make vore games.

it may not be the most advanced to work with. but its the most playable

alot of us refuse to download a ton of add ons to play a game that we really dont want evidence of on our computer
quicks
Catastrophe's Posterchild

Postby Vorishartist » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Clearly you know nothing about Java, the main advantage is it can be housed in little things called APPLETS, which are easy enough to embed in browsers and jar files all the same. If you don't have a JVM, well... Clearly you haven't been on the internet long enough. EVERYTHING uses java or javascript

Also, alot of us aren't willing to shell out 600 dollars for Flash when using a REAL programming language is free
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:00 pm

well unless you constantly clear and shred your cash/temp internet files there is almost certainly plenty of evidence of what you are doing online on your comp.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:56 am

I hope you realize then that flash games leave more evidence than java applets. Most of the data for a java applet is deleted after use from temporary internet files and even then its a pain in the petute to try and open it up from there. However swf files are fully downloaded and left in your temp files and openable by using any internet browser in offline mode. Besides who in your home roots through your temp internet files looking for your fetishes anyways.

The real reason though is the huge learning difference between java and flash. Flash takes a more roundabout and artistic approach to its final product having the user draw and animate things in frames and layers. While java is straight up programming very direct and to the point with no frills added theres no tweening or drawing, you'd better have a picture of what you want because telling the computer to draw in java would consist of writing out data for several polygons then doing trial and error for a couple weeks. Benefits? COMPLETE CONTROL. Anything you have the knowledge of how to do you can do it. Flash's action script gives you some control but nothing like a real programming language.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Iyeru » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:54 am

Vorishartist wrote:No, flash is not acceptable because it's vector art. If you can figure out how to get it to be raster'd, then sure. But sending me an swf or a vector file doesn't help

Flash can "emulate" pixels though. Pixel Tools (At Adobe Exchange) is very good for doing that. Still, they ARE vector, just square-ish more.

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I hope you realize then that flash games leave more evidence than java applets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Shared_Object

are usually the only things stored on the PC by flash.

Also: Check this, set to None, and uncheck the "Allow third-party..." checkbox. (Also check out the other tabs/etc.)

Aleph-Null wrote:well unless you constantly clear and shred your cash/temp internet files there is almost certainly plenty of evidence of what you are doing online on your comp.

It's good practice to do so too.

In Firefox,
Under the Privacy tab in the options (Linux users need to go to Edit... instead of Tools...) and check "Always clear private data when closing firefox" and also configure the settings and make sure to check all the checkboxes (I also suggest not saving passwords; people do, and it's annoying.)

In Internet Explorer,
In the Internet Options, go to the Advanced Section. Check the following:
  • Close unused folders in History and Favorites*
  • Empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed.

If you use Opera, I suggest getting off it. It uses the Microsoft Internet Explorer engine, and it remembers "whole pages" (like IE does) and that's annoying. You cannot set it not to (and firefox has that off by default anyway.)
Iyeru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Iyeru wrote:
ryanshowseason3 wrote:I hope you realize then that flash games leave more evidence than java applets.

Checking you Content.IE5 too? You'll find the entire .swf its how I've saved numerous things off of newgrounds or similar
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Iyeru » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:26 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Iyeru wrote:

Checking you Content.IE5 too? You'll find the entire .swf its how I've saved numerous things off of newgrounds or similar

Good thing I use Firefox then.
Iyeru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mometsu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 pm

Just make a secret folder or something...not like this is illegal or anything....
Mometsu
Been posting for a bit

Postby Voreavon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:27 pm

Well from what I can gather a lot of people here try to keep their vorephilic habits a secret from their friends and family. Covering your tracks can be very important.
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Vorishartist wrote: If you don't have a JVM, well... Clearly you haven't been on the internet long enough. EVERYTHING uses java or javascript.

Javascript is actually an ECMAScript variant and isn't JVM-based. I'd love for you to publish your library though. I'm pretty proficient in Java and C# and was thinking of making a Vore game.

I wouldn't worry about untraceability though. Anyone who really wanted to could see what stuff you're up to anyways, regardless of whether or not your computer has records of it. And if you're old enough to go in this site, typically you're not living in an atmosphere where secrecy is of the utmost importance. Roommates aren't usually that nosy and I would think if you're married your significant other already knows...
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voreavon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Well your computer always has record of everything so someone with the right skills and your hard-drive could also find out EVERYTHING you've been up to.
But think about all the underaged lurkers who read this.
Won't somebody please think of the underage lurkers.
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:03 pm

Voreavon wrote:Well your computer always has record of everything so someone with the right skills and your hard-drive could also find out EVERYTHING you've been up to.
But think about all the underaged lurkers who read this.
Won't somebody please think of the underage lurkers.

Yeah.. I was actually thinking you could just do a rainbow-table attack on the admin password with one of the easily available tools and then install a keylogger. In highschool people did this all the time. The next time you log in you'll see all of the passwords, what people type in, etc. If you so much as type "aryion" it'll show up, and if you have Eka's Portal in favorites, well... that's not being very sneaky is it =D

Yeah... the lurkers are pretty much on their own since they're a touchy subject to begin with. (We can't just start a thread like "Lurkers' Discussion Thread"). I'm sure it's reasonable to assume that most parents don't raid the browser cache folders... they get full of all sorts of crap anyways, including things you didn't specifically go to, like ads and other junk.

Either way the lurkers must live in constant fear.. just wait until Eka brings in some overlords or observers... then it's on!
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voreavon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Indeed, the insides of computers are very messy. But then again I don't have a problem with "messy"
But hey I don't have a problem with legal lurkers, I was one for a while, it's the bite-sized ones we must excrete from our digital tracts
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm

Yeah that's true.. I meant the underage ones I just forgot to say it. I was an allowed-age lurker once too, although I'm not sure quite how my current state is much of an improvement. Hehe props on "bite-sized" =D
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voreavon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:44 pm

Yeah I'm gonna start workin' little bits like that into my online dialog.
Well you're an active registered member of the forums. A good deal more the lurker in y opinion.
Damn I got nuthin'
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vergessen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:19 am

I'm adept with Visual Basic and proficient with Java and C++, as well as a Buddhist willing to work for good karma. ;D

I, too, had ambitions of creating a game (though I imagined something more RPG-related than action-related. We can compromise) with a "kinky" vore mod, or non-emphisized vore features to demonstrate my prowess with programming. Unfortunately, though my analytical skills are profound, I lack creativity and the ability to design graphics. If you're interested in cooperating, feel free say so.
Vergessen
New to the forum

Return to Vore game