Starting to build a vore game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Do you like this idea and would you play it?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 46

Starting to build a vore game

Postby HeroSoulSword » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi all. After seeing many new vore games being produced, I decided to try it out for myself. Back as a early teen, I wanted to build a game, but had no idea which program to use. After a while, I had to drop it. However, now that I have more free time (and a better understanding of game programs), I've decided to throw it together. However, I need a more powerful computer first, but I'll explain what the game will be. Also, I humbly ask what you all think of it, and if I should persue it.

Title: Sapphire's Vore-tex

Player: Sapphire the Firebolt Elf

Task: Find the Golden Portal and return to own dimension before Izuna steals Radar from Sapphire.

Discription: Sapphire is heading back from one of her long walks, ready to return to Fairy Forest, and her lover, Radar. Izuna comes out of nowhere, in one of her new plots to get rid of her and steal Radar for herself. She sends Sapphire to another dimension, hoping it'll keep her there long enough to put a spell on Radar. It's up to Sapphire to find her way back, using Portals, and return to Fairy Forest and foil Izuna's latest plan.

How to play: Sapphire must find Portals that will lead her out of this dimension and back to hers. There are roughly 4-5 Portals per Portal Room, and in each Portal Level, there are several swirling black Vore-texes. Sapphire must confront the Vore-texes in order to find the right Portal. In each Vore-tex, one of two things can happen: Sapphire is eaten by whatever lurks in the Vore-tex, or she finds a Blue Portal to take her to the next Portal Room. Red Portals will lead her back to the orginal Portal Room. Now, since Sapphire has an immortal soul and revival abilities, she cannot die, so she can get eaten multiple times. She is also willing, but her main goal is to find a Golden Portal to take her back home. If you find the Golden Portal, you'll beat the game, and foil Izuna's attempt to win Radar's heart (using dark magic). That's all there is to it.

Program: I'm trying to work with Flash, since it's the easiest to work with.

Well, please leave feedback so I can get more motivation. Oh, also, feel free to recommend any monsters that can lurk in the Vore-texes. I've already got some basics: giant snakes, carnivorous plants, dragons, etc. Again, let me know what you think. Once I get a new and better computer, I should be able to work on it.
I apply Felix's law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."
HeroSoulSword
I can think of something else

Location: Doing something heroic... if I can find anything needing it

Re: Starting to build a vore game

Postby Baz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm afraid you lost me at 'elf'.

But other than that, interesting.
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby Yoshi » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Yes, I like the idea. I like many vore ideas :p But ok let's talk business. What you've described is like the prelude to the prelude of game development. Next you should come up with level design, game mechanics, animation sequences etc, and put it all down on paper. Any video game that plans to be successful should be put down on paper before it's put down on a computer. You've got a prime opportunity as well! since you don't have the computer you desire to produce this game, use the time to draw up everything until you do get a computer. basically, create the blueprints to the game before you try building one. I will contribute if it looks like the game is being developed!
Yoshi
Participator

Postby HeroSoulSword » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Yoshi wrote:Yes, I like the idea. I like many vore ideas :p But ok let's talk business. What you've described is like the prelude to the prelude of game development. Next you should come up with level design, game mechanics, animation sequences etc, and put it all down on paper. Any video game that plans to be successful should be put down on paper before it's put down on a computer. You've got a prime opportunity as well! since you don't have the computer you desire to produce this game, use the time to draw up everything until you do get a computer. basically, create the blueprints to the game before you try building one. I will contribute if it looks like the game is being developed!

Yes, I know, that's what I've been doing for the past 2 weeks. Since I'll be replacing this hunk of slag (although that won't take place until late November, at earliest), it's giving me plenty of time to blueprint everything. The Portal Rooms will be pretty basic, while the Portal Levels will be along the lines of games like Mario and such. I'm also trying to make each Portal Level like a different world (ie: one will be forest-like, one will be volcano-ish, etc...), so I'm trying to map out everything first, just like you said. I'm using both a notebook and sketchbook to lay everything out. I just need to brainstorm more ideas before I go any further. But thanks for the advice, I'm doing just that.
HeroSoulSword

Postby Voreavon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Hmm, I'm interested.
Yours Lord Voreavon.
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorishartist » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Use C++
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Omicron_xd5 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Sounds very interesting :)
Omicron_xd5
---

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:16 pm

Vorishartist wrote:Use C++

HAHAHA, I know its a good language but not everyone can program. Especially a decent engine by themselves. no offence to op, but in my considerations of making vore games I've never even considered starting from scratch and I hope to program for a living.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Baz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 pm

I won't play purely because the protagonist is an elf. I'd rather cheesegrate my own spleen than play one...

Personally speaking. Don't stop the project because of me!
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby HeroSoulSword » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:37 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Vorishartist wrote:Use C++

HAHAHA, I know its a good language but not everyone can program. Especially a decent engine by themselves. no offence to op, but in my considerations of making vore games I've never even considered starting from scratch and I hope to program for a living.

Ditto on what ryanshowseason3 said. I'm an amature at programing, and I've tried to work with C++ before, but it spun my head around more times then I clicked my mouse. ^^; I appriciate the advice, but C++ is way to complex for me. I'm using Flash because I've worked with it in the past (not game wise, but school project wise), and I'm most familiar with it. And besides, I've gotten my ideas laid out in Flash in my mind anyway. It'd be hard to shift gears (something which I'm terrible at), so I'm just gunna use Flash. Again, I appriciate your advice, Vorishartist, but C++ is no where near my level.

P.S. I've drawn out about 5 levels now, but I still need help on a list of creatures to use. Please, post some ideas so I can add them on. Thanks.

EDIT: I also decided to put a picture of Sapphire on so people can get an idea of who she is.
Attachments
sapphire_color.jpg
Sapphire the Firebolt Elf
HeroSoulSword

Postby Voreavon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:38 pm

This could turn out well.
Yours Lord Voreavon.
Voreavon