Consuming Ocean [Dead Game]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Consuming Ocean [RPG Maker XP Game]

Postby onyxlion » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:20 pm

heh, I know, I've been following it since I found this forum XD every time I see this thread bumped I get all giddy and hopeful XD It almost does seem like this project is cursed, but hey...its still not as cursed as Duke Nukem XD
But a man learns all the details of a situation like ours, well then he has a choice.

I don't believe he does
onyxlion
Somewhat familiar

Postby unknownpred » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:45 am

honestly the games kinda boreing atm becuse of how short the demo is :(
unknownpred
Been posting for a bit

Postby unknownpred » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 am

onyxlion wrote:heh, I know, I've been following it since I found this forum XD every time I see this thread bumped I get all giddy and hopeful XD It almost does seem like this project is cursed, but hey...its still not as cursed as Duke Nukem XD

HAY!! NO!! dissing dukenukem THAT GAME RULED!! :evil:
unknownpred
Been posting for a bit

Postby Beany_one » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 am

Obviously you need someone like me with massive stores of superhuman luck to offset the demonic curse of this project. Y'know, pay me to stand around and soak it all up. Or something.

I accept cash, credit, or your soul.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.
Beany_one
Participator

Location: In my pants, which seems to be the wrong location for this forum.

Postby stiltzkinator » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm

First off, I'm alive and well, so I may as well not whine about it and make use of the time that I can pretty much only spend at m computer anyway. Actually, I'm not really as bad off as I thought I was, which means I'll probably have to go back to work...oh well, I need the money.

So I checked the links on the first page, and the link for 2.2 (http://www.mediafire.com/?c241mzn3my1) is indeed the latest demo released by Rayen. Which also means it is the version of the game with the most updated art. Now, moving on in spite of that...

unknownpred wrote:honestly the games kinda boreing atm becuse of how short the demo is :(

I've been working on the game in segments, and right now, it wouldn't be too hard to put those pieces together to form a longer demo of sorts (even though it may not necessarily be relevant to the final story), but one way or another, it is likely to become visually much less interesting. If anyone wants that, I'll iron it out for you, but I worry that it will seem boring since all I can add to the experience right now (while it does account for quite a bit of work) is more locations and linects of dialogue more or less. I could technically add some battle mechanics, but since the interesting things I have in mind involve new art, you'd be seeing white boxes with descriptions of the character's state (think Rayen's early battle demo with Leticia as a playable character)...

The_Prof wrote:
Rayen wrote:@stiltzkinator: Yeah, probably should have warned you about that curse. You see, the project was originally made with a computer made out of human remains. Seems the spirits are still kinda upset about that. Hope you get better soon. I'll see what I can do to appease the spirits. :V

None can appease the necrodellicon... And all vore games are cursed regardless by the NecroNOMicon... You just got your game doubly cursed is all

@prof: ...I AM working on a dell for this game. Oh boy...

@Rayen: I should have seen the warnings. But I think my own computer was possessed before I was working on this. Working on this game has just made it more compounded or something.

Finally, in a small tidbit of actual progress-ish news at the end of this mangled post, I realized that a rather large map I made actually doesn't have a way to get through it, since I apparently arranged a few trees like a barricade in the middle of what I thought was the path through it. Found myself rather confused when I was trying it out.
stiltzkinator
Somewhat familiar

Postby slpowerhouse » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 pm

I think I can help with the curse / possessed computer. All you need to do is say the words Klatu Verata Niktu out loud in front of the computer. This should send any evil possessing to from whence it came. Warning spell may cause the army of darkness to rise or time travel use at your own risk. Just remember you can trust me I'm a computer scientist.
Never lose sight of the light that illuminates your path and you shall always find a glimmer of hope even in the darkest of hours
meet my dragon(s)
ImageImageImageImageImage
slpowerhouse
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hooligan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Hope to see an Update soon. Just played the demo, and it looks like it stops at the Giant Naga. I absolutely love what I'm seeing so far!

Question:
Spoiler: show
Can players have all 10 characters in there party? I as because if you go with the Naga, the Catgirl leaves the group.
Hooligan
Somewhat familiar

Postby stiltzkinator » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 am

There are two major paths in the story (with lots of smaller possible branches), and with they way it's going right now, no, you won't be able to have all characters.

As far as an update...well, I do have some info for you guys (progress update and more). I'll detail that a little later today.
stiltzkinator
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hooligan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 pm

ok, though the Catgirl is listed as neutral, I would think it would be the Elf that leaves the group over you choosing to go with the Beasts.

Looking forward to what news you have for us later on.
Hooligan
Somewhat familiar

Postby stiltzkinator » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:39 am

Hey, that news that I got distracted and forgot to post about! Er, sorry about that.

The big thing that you all want to know but maybe not want to hear is this: there probably won't be another demo beyond where the current one ends for quite some time. I've talked to some artists I know about doing work for this game, and finally got some favorable responses. But let me just cut to the chase. It's been pretty much agreed that working out elements of the game as well as the art as we go would be a pain and probably a lot of wasted effort in the mix. Even when Rayen was doing the art himself, shifts in style and changes to the game made him start over on the art multiple times. The main person I'm considering for this said he'd rather try to do it all in one shot. So I'm going to try to having a working prototype of the full game to show him so he can start doing the art. The good news out of all this is that once we get to that stage, tangible updates will come very rapidly. But it will take some time.

Sorry I don't have any pretty pictures to show you guys =(

@Hooligan: Yeah, that was a bit of a mixup that had been left in the game. Celina is very much involved with the beast part of the game. Or at least, she is now.
stiltzkinator
Somewhat familiar

Postby Beany_one » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Don't sweat it. If you have a way to get something out eventually and you're confident about following up on it, then by all means go for it. We've waited this long, after all.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.
Beany_one
Participator

Location: In my pants, which seems to be the wrong location for this forum.

Postby unknownpred » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:01 pm

well atlest this games still being worked on you probly now got your work cut out for ya seems how the best voregame on here has i am gussing abandond by its creator after makeing only 1 ep of it its sad to be honest the game was perfect and the maker had tons of monsters to use and it had good sprite looks and they just quit :?
unknownpred
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hooligan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Which game are you talking about?
Hooligan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hooligan » Fri May 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Any update in progress at all?
Hooligan
Somewhat familiar

Postby stiltzkinator » Sat May 28, 2011 12:48 am

I suppose the best news at this point would be that I certainly haven't given up. Honestly, most of the work I've done lately is messing with RPGmaker's battle system, as well as playing around with other systems to see what the final best option would be for making more complex parts of the game work. Scripting events is easy with any program.

As could be implied from the lack of me giving updates though, I haven't been able to get to too much on it lately. I never really thought thiswhole 'bad job market' thing would get to me, but it did; I'm happily employed and making money again now though. The problem lately has been dealing with the curse I apparently actually did inherit with this game. A tree fell on my car while I was driving home yesterday (all this stormy weather in the east US) which shook me up a bit. Notably, I'm fine, but my car's kinda damaged, so that has me a bit preoccupied. If it isn't one thing, it's another. But hey, that's two fairly crazy accidents with basically no injuries sustained.

In other news, I might be moving in a few months. To a city (the area I live in now barely has internet, for comparison). Hopefully that will afford me both more time to work on this and more contacts for possible artists on this and other projects.
stiltzkinator
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hooligan » Sat May 28, 2011 1:14 am

Damn, glad to hear you're ok. Sorry about the car though, weather here has been horrid these past few weeks. Take your time on the game, RL always comes first, just happy to learn you're still working on this. I may start up on one of my own, just need to learn how to do it all and find sprites.
Hooligan
Somewhat familiar

Postby DjConnorJ » Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I was looking through and all the links looked interesting but they are all dead after the first lot were posted :(
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby peteian » Sun May 29, 2011 3:27 am

Oh hey, any word from Rayen? I haven't heard from him here or on blogspot :/
peteian
---

Postby LupinIII » Sun May 29, 2011 5:01 pm

First off just want to say sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope you're ok.

Secondly, I just gave the game a quick once over, the stuff in the 0.2.2 demo is very well done to say the least, and I have to say I am looking forward to seeing more. In an ideal world I would personally love to see another demo, even if it just contained the end stuff of chapter 2 (actually that would be pretty fantastic)

But as I said, ideal world. I know you said we're unlikely to see anything for a long time (which is good of you to say up front) I just wanted to post to... show my support as it were. I know some people who do these sort of games like to hear that people are enjoying them and I feel safe to say I did enjoy the demo. I'll have to explore more of it later.
Johnny Ridden
Military ID: PM056330279A
Mobile Assault Forces
LupinIII
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:22 am

I wasn't really going to post anything here until I had a lot more stuff done on this project but... In it's current state, it officially has more gameplay time than any of my projects in the past.

I think that can justify me 100% officially announcing that I'm working on this project again. There still isn't a demo yet, but one could come in the next few months, depending on how much free time I get.

Check out the first post of this topic and my blog for more information.

The first post has information on 4 of the 12 playable characters, a small snippet of the storyline, and 4 screenshots.

My blog will be updated about once a week, usually on Fridays. Look there for status updates, and the occasional random picture.

Yes, this was just a shameless bump to try and gather more interest on this again. :V
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game