Working on a 2.5D vore game.. (more art, etc.)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a 2.5D vore game.. (new concept art pic)

Postby 11millionseconds » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:56 am

girlita wrote:What is the theoretical possibility of others being able to use your game engine to make their own games after you have finished it, possibly with their own art style etc. Seeing as the most game engines seem to have issues and by you being a member here we will have the creator here to ask questions?

At the moment I'm not sure how I'm going to license out the code. There's many months, in fact almost a year at this point, of work in the engine (I'm actually planning on merging this engine with another one I made that already has particle systems and lighting already in place). So I don't really know if I can just give it out for free. Actually, with the script system I'm working on right now I probably won't even have to release the code. Hmm.. I'll consider this. I could probably release a sealed copy of the engine that is closed for development but allows one to make many different RPGs (with custom artwork and models of course). It won't be any time soon but I'll look into it.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ritsuka » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Wow o.o This game is looking pretty great. Keep up the good work~
Ritsuka
New to the forum

Postby 11millionseconds » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 am

Alright well lots of things are happening and I've pretty much decided to drop the original engine specs because they aren't in line with what I want to portray with the storyline. Instead I'm going to use another engine I've been developing, which is full 3D. I want to keep things simple, so I'm working on the storyline right now to keep myself from piling all of the effort on the engine (and thus not having a game). I've been developing my character sketches/artwork along with the storyline, but they're still a bit behind. I figure I'll post the sketches here and see what you guys think. I don't have a scanner so this digital camera will just have to do. Oh and also these characters already have full working backstories and personalities. If you guys request it I can post the storyline to the game so far, but I'm warning you that it's really going to be a spoiler, not so much of the plot as of the random amusing things the character will have to deal with.

Disclaimer: I am not an artist; I am simply a monkey with a 2H pencil.

11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Working on a 2.5D vore game.. (more art, etc.)

Postby 11millionseconds » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:27 pm

::sigh::

alright, so I'm issuing a request for comment:
ahem, REQUEST FOR COMMENT.

There, I said it. Please offer some criticism of the above posted, or at least a viable reason to the contrary.
("I don't see any images" is a good one.)
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mr_Iddi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Eh heh, well Im not really sure what to say, since I have little to no knowledge with programming and designing and all that complicated computer stuff ^^

But, I will however say this. You seem to have put alot of effort into all of this and I reall encourage you to continue it, seems like it could really turn into a great game. I might be an artist of some sort, but I dont think I can come close to the hours I get the feeling you've put into this.

Taking some time of (as you said in a previous post) to concentrate a little on the storyline and characters is probably a good idea, I can imagine it will make it alot easier for you to then shape (design/program/whatever its called ^^;) it all in a way you find desirable. Just focusing on one aspect can hurt in the long run and so on.

At the moment though I cant really give any good criticism of any sort. So I'll just cheers you on, and promise I will try and give it what little thought I have in my head, and if I come up with anything that might actually be good to hear I'll just say it.

But until then I'll just cheers you on and hope that you continue with this until your satified. Yay you =D
Mr_Iddi
Somewhat familiar

Postby 11millionseconds » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 am

Haha thanks Iddi. I actually have ten pages of pretty decent quality storyline behind this, I'm tempted to post it but I just don't feel like it's time yet. I have to forcibly put away the engine code from time to time and write the storyline, and then forcibly pull the pen out of my hand and draw up some character sketches, and then drop all of that to 3D model some assets. Now that I come to think of it, I have to forcibly pry myself from any aspect of this project.

But anyways thanks for the comment, anything you have to offer will be great, even encouragement. Especially encouragement. I was and still kinda am quite ready to pull this project from Eka's considering that the risk is quite high (according to the feedback) that this game will just fly under the radar here and few people will be interested. (I'd still be working on it, but I'd probably end up selling it on Steam for a decent price without releasing it here.)
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Number-2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:00 pm

This looks like an awesome and complex project. It sounds like you have the proper skills to get everything accomplished even if it would take an long time. I wonder if the reason for lack of comments rises from the fact that previous 3D vore games were in production and none were actually finished and people don't think this will be completed? I, for one, would love to play a game such as this with 3D environments and all that.
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

Postby 11millionseconds » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Number-2 wrote:This looks like an awesome and complex project. It sounds like you have the proper skills to get everything accomplished even if it would take an long time. I wonder if the reason for lack of comments rises from the fact that previous 3D vore games were in production and none were actually finished and people don't think this will be completed? I, for one, would love to play a game such as this with 3D environments and all that.

Yeah, it's a pretty sweet project and I'm pretty excited for it, but I think I'm going to have to move it from Eka's. I'll start another project for Eka's Portal. It just doesn't seek like that many people want this type of thing, and the risk seems to outweigh the benefits. I'll put this project up somewhere else where I can get a better audience. It seems like people here aren't into 3D stuff much. I'd probably be better off doing some 2D overhead thing. I'm still going to complete this project, just elsewhere... the comparative lack of responses here to other threads is quite a bit discouraging, so I'll probably spread the word around somewhere else about this. Heck, maybe gamedev.net's 4 elements contest will open back up again.

So in short, for the purposes of this site, this project's closing.

Thank you to all of you who have given me encouragement and support, but it doesn't look like this is what the majority want.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Halcyon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:28 pm

:(
Halcyon
???

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Well I think that part of the lack of feed back comes from you estimating that the game was a year away from completion. An other part is probably due to people being intimidated as to how they could contribute to the project.

A lot of the feed back that I see in other threads is fan contribution.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Izzard » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 pm

I cant see any of the images you posted, but I have a few stab-in-the-dark suggestions...add Pixel Shader 3 support and support for normal maps, and support for high poly models (IE, 10,000 or so) *awesome smiley*

I'm just kidding of course.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hongry01 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:43 pm

I can't see the images, is this game still being made?
Hongry01
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:03 pm

11Msec stated in his last post that he was discontinuing this project. He moved on to a new one here. Which I think is still active..
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

The images don't show up because my server why held them is up, but was reinstalled and I haven't yet moved the data over. All the stuff I showed I still have, and I have a much better engine now to work with, but as Aleph-Null said I have since closed the project due to it being not cost-effective.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game