mmorpg spam

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

mmorpg spam

Postby Aki » Wed May 03, 2006 1:08 am

maybe im out of line using this as my first post, but this rpg looks to be yet another list of growing BOARING
MMORPGs, maybe im just baffled, but i cant really understand why people bother with game engines like this? i guess millions of users cant be wrong but dosent clicking a button and watching your character go attack something seem a little boaring to any of you?

the entire concept removes you from the game in many ways, everything is point and click, no stratagy or effort is involved at all, tackle that with the fact that players are not rewarded by a entertaining story line and what do you get? hours of whatching polygons attack something over and over again, just to get to the next level?

im not trying to come in here and tell anyone what to do. but if at all possible pleasea avoid using a point and click MMO engine, the internet is poluted with hundreds of them already,

and if you MUST use that dreaded engine, make sure you have some sort of rewarding things for the user to do and experiance for all the life they wasted leveling up.
Aki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kain » Wed May 03, 2006 1:16 am

What your forgetting is that this is not supposed to be World Of Warcraft...theese are normal people some with above basic programing skill, you need to shut you mouth and give them some praise. They are doing this all for US not YOU so if you have a problem keep it to yourself, even if it was point and click thier hard work and determination went into that game and you should appreciate it for all it becomes instead of bitch about what kind of engine they are using anhd what YOU want and what YOU find terrible.
Kain
Participator

Postby Alexander_the_ant » Wed May 03, 2006 1:37 am

I second Kain's statement. If you are going to be so damn picky, then go play World of Warcraft but dont come here and throw trash at the designers who are doing their DAMNEST to create a game for the vore community. I suggest you shut your mouth. >: (

I've played Baldur's Gate and it uses the same engine there: Point and click, save when you need to use potions and magics of course, but that game has the same principal and it has been existing for years around. Because people try to make a game, the game itself dont have to be exactly like World of Warcraft, Everquest II or whatever!
Alexander_the_ant
Participator

Postby Anon. Lurker » Wed May 03, 2006 4:25 am

As a novice programmer, I feel obligated to point something out: Games like World of Warcraft, Everquest, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage II, et cetera, you know, the major MMO's... They're all produced by large corporations that are making millions of dollars off them and can afford to hire a huge programming staff with all the latest tools and gizmos. They can afford to write their own engines and create their own systems, because they're paying hundreds of professional programmers who work 40-hour weeks to do it. To expect that caliber a product from a niche community who is doing it on a voluntary basis is a bit extreme, don't you think? They have to use what's available to them. If perhaps you know of a better engine or system they can use, or a way to change the system they're currently using, I'd recommend pointing it out to them, but you can't criticize them for not being Sony, EA, or Blizzard.

Perhaps your post was not meant to be as demeaning as it sounds; if so you might want to clarify your intent.
Anon. Lurker

Postby Guest » Wed May 03, 2006 8:52 am

Someone here hasn't played FF11.

Postby Houyo » Wed May 03, 2006 8:53 am

Me, sorry...
Houyo
???

OMG Hilarious!

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed May 03, 2006 8:56 am

ROFL

I'm glad someone else feels like I do. Way to go, Aki! (We ought to talk about game design sometime)

As a novice programmer, I always dislike using a "game engine" simply because of the initial restrictions it imposes. But, as a game designer, I also consider using those tools to produce something fun a serious challenge, because I know from personal experience just how difficult any sort of realtime interaction is to program. (Good lord it's hard unless you cheat on collisions)

Believe me, I like nothing better than interactive and responsive gameplay (like arcade style games) but I'm willing to experiment with this system to see if we can make it fun. So don't be too worried about it being a mundane point and clickfest, I'm sure we can work some fun stuff out. (I really want to say more about the mechanics, but it would be spoilers )

By the way, any ideas or input is appreciated, whether it has a "negative" or "positive" direction, it's all still useful information to consider.
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aki » Wed May 03, 2006 11:48 am

Anon. Lurker wrote:As a novice programmer, I feel obligated to point something out: Games like World of Warcraft, Everquest, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage II, et cetera, you know, the major MMO's... They're all produced by large corporations that are making millions of dollars off them and can afford to hire a huge programming staff with all the latest tools and gizmos. They can afford to write their own engines and create their own systems, because they're paying hundreds of professional programmers who work 40-hour weeks to do it. To expect that caliber a product from a niche community who is doing it on a voluntary basis is a bit extreme, don't you think? They have to use what's available to them. If perhaps you know of a better engine or system they can use, or a way to change the system they're currently using, I'd recommend pointing it out to them, but you can't criticize them for not being Sony, EA, or Blizzard.

Perhaps your post was not meant to be as demeaning as it sounds; if so you might want to clarify your intent.

first of all, to the first two posters, CHILL OUT. If you got so peeved at a 2 post wonder making some comments and suggestions for an RPG, then youll never get a free thinking job,
~~
ive never played WoW or those other rpgs and i would never dream to pay money for the lousy gamin experiance i would get in return, secondly corporate companies hardly make innovative or new game concepts anymore, thats why the market is so flooded with bad MMOs.

as for ideas, well if you cant think of any new ideas, there are hundreds of ways to implament new systems and concepts, i didnt list any because i didnt want to seem like i was telling you what to do, there are so many ways to create fun and interesting games but its hard to give any example because i dont know alot of the content the game offers and what would be the best solution, if you want i could list some concepts without taking things in your game into account
Aki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anon. Lurker (Again) » Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm

That's why the market is flooded with bad games in general. Innovation is expensive, difficult, and usually unrewarding, and that's not good for the bottom line. But that's a long rant that I don't care to get involved with.

As I said, ideas and suggestions are fine, and I'm sure the people you're intending this for would appreciate them, but the tone of your first post was belittling and hostile, which is what triggered such similarly-toned replies. A different way of presenting your ideas would make them more receptable; perhaps you could talk to the people developing the game, get the details you're looking for, and give some advice.
Anon. Lurker (Again)

Postby Leshana » Wed May 03, 2006 1:30 pm

I don't understand, the first post by Aki was not supportive of large corperate efforts like WoW, just the opposite, it condemed them as boring wastes of time, with thier pointless objectives and endless grinding. And I agree.
A smaller production like this one is the perfect opportunity for trying something new. The boring old system is a tried and true marketable method, everyone hates it but everyone will pay for it. Without the need for direct profit, you can go ahead and do something actually useful. Good Luck, we all hope you can.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Anon. Lurker (x3) » Wed May 03, 2006 1:50 pm

Indeed, but my point is that a smaller effort also has less capacity for trying something new. It's the age-old dilemma of computer game design: The big companies have too much to lose to innovate, and the little guys don't have the resources to be innovative.

This is not to say it can't be done, or that there aren't exceptions, just that it shouldn't be expected.

Just some cynical thinking.
Anon. Lurker (x3)

Postby ALx4 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:53 pm

Quick comment I forgot to toss in my last post:

While we can't sit back and demand something on the level that Sony or Blizzard could do, that doesn't mean we can't help make it something good. Despite my cold bitter pragmatism, I really do want to see the project succeed, and I hope it turns out well. I'd encourage everyone to help out with it, to make it as good as it can possibly be.
ALx4

Postby Rat_Guy » Wed May 03, 2006 6:55 pm

you first two posters: what the hell is wrong with you!? He posted with a nice attitued, and had a different opinion than you, that no reason to explode!

ok, back to why I posted. I disagree, most games now a-days are a point and click, to attack, so there is no avoiding that. however your saying it lacks compeling storyline, I can't vouch for any other MMORPG, but star wars galaxies has tons of story, currently I'm in possesion of a cursed jewel, and I have to throw it into a volcano to destroy it. the other dayI helped a wookie find his missing son, turns out one of his freinds killed him to take his fathers spear. if you want epic story lines, you can help obi-won save the galaxie, or betray him, and destroy it yourself. another quest actaully cuntinues the story of Knights of the Old Republic: HK-47 has started producing a droid army, to eliminate all life on mustafar, and probably other planets.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Eka » Thu May 04, 2006 12:59 am

I'm going to steps in and ask people to stop askign what the hell is wrong with anyone else. If you agree with something, good, if you don't, fine. There are no need to get into any type of personal attack, and I'm not going to allow it here.
If you want to yell at someone, feel free to do it over the private message system.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Leshana » Thu May 04, 2006 5:25 am

Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Guest » Thu May 04, 2006 7:05 am

I find it ironic that there is some WoW hate on a vore board, when WoW is the -only- MMO I can think of that has player vore in it.

-Blob in AQ20 will swallow your main tank and start digesting him. If you do enough damage, he spits him out

-C'Thun, the last boss of AQ40, will swallow a random player. You land in his stomach which has digestive acid which goes to work, as well as some stomach tentacles which help. If you don't act fast, the acid finishes you off in short order.

Postby deleted188 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:12 am

I have one word for everyone here of a game that will put everything you know about gaming to shame. Spore.

http://www.spore.com/
deleted188
Blade Mouse

Postby Aki » Thu May 04, 2006 11:15 am

Anon. Lurker (x3) wrote:Indeed, but my point is that a smaller effort also has less capacity for trying something new. It's the age-old dilemma of computer game design: The big companies have too much to lose to innovate, and the little guys don't have the resources to be innovative.

This is not to say it can't be done, or that there aren't exceptions, just that it shouldn't be expected.

Just some cynical thinking.

that is a missconception, the littleguys have all the resources to be innovative, what they lack is the power to create big budget titles with exelent graphics,

anyway ill spit out some ideas but they might not work with your game

1, team turn based battle system, ive never have seen a single MMO use the traditional FF-like RPG system, with this system partying would bring a major advantage, even allowing characters like healers to make good EXP and gold just by healing, if you get really into it you could add systems into it, an example could be break limits ala FFVIII, or having to slash with your mouse over an enemy, to determain damage, but really systems that area is only limited to your imagination,

2. secret of mana offers a great multiplayer RPG experiance, the entire seiken densetsu series is a great example to learn for free form top down RPGs, phantasy star online is pretty similar

3. you could offer a real time system that required the mouse to draw sertain shapes and lines to do something,

4. you could easily use a fighting type of game, brawl through levels, learning new skills and executing them to get better at them, PVP in 2 player duals as you try to strengthen your player adding more RPG element to it

5. ive so far never seen an RPG to fallow the 3d legends of zelda type of style,

6. be creative and visual, just because you dont have the man power and time dosent mean there arent ways around that, If you dont have enough time to create full 3d environments, have a 3d top down environment and forget about the backs of buildings,

7. leveling is often overused to the point where it is the only thing that matters, try to allow some way to help overcome higher levels, through things like skill in a fighting game, or effective teamwork in a FF style game,

* just a little nit picky thing, you should try to add level caps, that allow a player to choose to stop leveling, Often i find that I level too high and when i go to fight the boss they are increadably easy,

*as for growth patters, you might even allow custom ones using a point destributing system

* try to think of an origional stat system, and make sure the system makes sence, if you have int does that somehow mean you can cast spells just because your smarter? if you have high int shouldnt (npcs) treat you as a smarter person? maybe someone will only give the time of day to a really buffed up person because he respects fighters or shes looking for someone strong.

the fact is you can have all the cool best ideas in the world for content, and it could fall through the floor, but even something with a silly simple plot like super mario creates a game people can play again and again because its just fun.

Kaliera wrote:I have one word for everyone here of a game that will put everything you know about gaming to shame. Spore.

http://www.spore.com/

the videos better http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... re&pl=true
Aki
Somewhat familiar

Postby SeruOmen » Sun May 07, 2006 2:11 pm

[quote="Akiive never played WoW or those other rpgs and i would never dream to pay money for the lousy gamin experiance i would get in return, secondly corporate companies hardly make innovative or new game concepts anymore, thats why the market is so flooded with bad MMOs.
[/quote]

Never played them, huh? How can you honestly say something sucks if you've never tried it?

Not to mention... what's the difference between clicking a button on a mouse, and pressing a button on a controller? Absolutely nothing. There's no strategy invovled, eh? Okay, try playing Guild Wars without setting up a strategy. You'll be dead quick. It just takes a different KIND of strategy than that used in other games- because it's a different type of game. Would you use the same strategy playing Ridge Racer as you do playing Final Fantasy? o_O;'
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby Aki » Sun May 07, 2006 4:51 pm

SeruOmen wrote:[quote="Akiive never played WoW or those other rpgs and i would never dream to pay money for the lousy gamin experiance i would get in return, secondly corporate companies hardly make innovative or new game concepts anymore, thats why the market is so flooded with bad MMOs.

Never played them, huh? How can you honestly say something sucks if you've never tried it?

Not to mention... what's the difference between clicking a button on a mouse, and pressing a button on a controller? Absolutely nothing. There's no strategy invovled, eh? Okay, try playing Guild Wars without setting up a strategy. You'll be dead quick. It just takes a different KIND of strategy than that used in other games- because it's a different type of game. Would you use the same strategy playing Ridge Racer as you do playing Final Fantasy? o_O;'[/quote]
the difference is nothing,
the real difference is what that button does!, on a MMORPG that single button, does just about everything for you, click it once, and sit back because you wont have to block turn your character to dodge or anything, most games (not all) that use a controller are free form, most games that use mouses are not, your obviously slow on the uptake because i mentioned that after trying 3 mmos and being left dissapointed, i started just watching video clips
Aki
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game