Another Vore game made with RPG Maker XP

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Another Vore game made with RPG Maker XP

Postby 3rdEye » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:19 am

This one is all Pred, all the time. The design, I admit, reflects my own tastes to a large degree. So it goes.

This is the early development stage-- I've created the basic mechanics of the system, and created four enemies out of the dozen or so that I hope to create.

Summary: You explore a (currently tiny) castle, trying to find the sorceress who bound you into a weaker form. You are under constant attack from her guards, and your generic sword attack is fairly weak.

However, you can also devour your enemies. This is a bit risky, as you are very vulnerable to other enemies while you eat, but the rewards are great-- when you've swallowed an enemy, you can use their power by draining their life force. (Of course, once you drain all of their life force, they die, you digest them, and it's back to square one.)

This game uses the RMXP Run Time Package, which, if you didn't download already for Consuming Oceans, can be downloaded here:http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/rtp_download.html

The (slightly improved) game itself may be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/youzgwylhiv/Hunger.exe

Things that I'm working on and would love input on:

The characters that you can choose between. I picked the six you see pretty much entirely arbitrarily, so if you think that it'd be cooler to play, I dunno, a kobold or a witch or something, let me know.

The enemies. I've created the four that you fight in the demo, and I'm working on a few more, but I am by no means decided on what they all should be.

The plot. Right now, there isn't much of one, and I know I can do better. Given that this is a Zelda-like slashing-and-eating game, what would make an interesting story?

The graphics. Fact is, I suck as a pixel artist, although I'm pretty creative at adapting existing graphics. I cheated and used the tektek.org avatar maker for the digestion graphics (with a few modifications), but I'm sure that there's a better way, if anybody wanted to suggest one.

Anything and everything else. How's it look so far?
Last edited by 3rdEye on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rdEye
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sokei » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:43 am

It seems pretty interesting concept wise so far, one thing that was really weird/annoying for me so far though was that when I tried to eat the red knight in the castle, she kept attacking me and pretty much killed me..
Sokei
New to the forum

Re:

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 am

I get a message that no servers are currently available. Is the file down? or is there a DL max?
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby 3rdEye » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:56 am

I didn't have any trouble when I tested the DL link just now... maybe a glitch?

Re: The knights. Hm. Maybe I made 'em a little nasty.... I might increase the delay between their attacks, or decrease the damage, if enough people have trouble.
3rdEye
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Firon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:27 am

the game is rather buggy.....if you happen to game over then you get text all over your screen if you start again.....and looking at the devouring......you constantly change into what looks like a vampire after the devouring animations have ended and stay like that
Firon
---

Re:

Postby Paradox » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:10 am

My demoness turns into a vampire after she devoured someone :P

But besides from the bug, I must say I like how you made the inside view XD
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Re:

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 am

Looks like everyone turns into a vampire when eating something.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi!

Okay, I will probably not be that active around this one as it is action, hostile, and same-size, but I have had a look at it and here are the bugs/problems I have noticed:

* The double main menu - Why do you use a second main menu? Wouldn't using a title screen with the info text on it do the same thing? Anyhow, this layered second main menu is bugged in that after going gameover once, you will first get to the proper main menu and then to the new main menu - after which the instructions for the keys are NOT removed.

* I can confirm the turning into a vampire bug

Thoughts that have crossed my mind:

* Is there no way to heal?

* Why do you change into a dragon when you vore someone? Considering that we are talking about a vore game, it is a bit odd that your choice of character gets ignored in what is basically the core scene.

* How about getting in touch with Rayen? He has been doing a same-size game as well and has modified sprites to fit that need. He may let you use them for your game if you ask him nicely.

* The vore/stripping animation is an interesting idea and well done.

* The inside view of the stomach is also very well done (does it change when you digest the inhabitant? I never lived long enough to see, and am just curious - to be honest, that would be more of a turnoff for me (^_^;; ).

Well, anyhow, I wish you good luck with your project.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re:

Postby empatheticapathy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:16 pm

The attacks don't seem to be working right. I press the 'A' button five times, and it only attacks once, and then I can't move for a few seconds.
Also, many of the attacks seem to go through the enemy, or me, without causing damage.
empatheticapathy
---

Re:

Postby 3rdEye » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Hmm...

Re: Bugginess of attacks. I'd better put some anti-lag features in, and tighten up the coding a bit... that might help. Or not. Hmmm...

Healing: Currently, when you finish digesting an enemy, you fully heal. Perhaps I should put something else in...

Vampire bug: Fixed.

Double start screen: Yeah, that's an easy fix.

Dragon shifting bit: Well... to be honest, that's basically my compromise solution to limitations of the program (No matter how big the sprite, the game considers you to occupy a 32x32 square, and that's that) plus the limitations of my (lack of) pixel art skills.

I'm also increasing your initial HP to make it easier for people to, y'know, survive long enough to try stuff.

Anyway, I'm editing the original post DL the improved version.
3rdEye
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deathworks » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am

Hi!

Thank you for addressing my concerns even if I am not really the target audience for the game.

The change to the vampire has been successfully fixed, but I think that if you fail at voring a character, you don't change back to your original form but stay a dragon.

The text staying on the screen bug after you have died is still there, though.

Personally, I think the game should pause during the vore animation. After all, you can't move at all, and I just got globbered to death by the very knight I was eating (the one with the axe), even while I got the animation of her clothes ripped off.

I have seen the digestion sequences: Well done, but definitely not my cup of tea (^_^;;

Anyhow, good luck with your project.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Return to Vore game