Fleshing out some ideas:

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Fleshing out some ideas:

Postby Kiyoa » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:09 pm

With the general glut of vore games coming out lately, I've been pondering jumping on the bandwagon with an idea for a thus far unrepresented genre: the classic platformer. Seeing as I've really just started on it, I figured I may as well get some input on my ideas and see if they can't be improved upon.

In any case, the general gist of the idea is as follows:

SYNOPSIS:

The city of Parallax, a peaceful, relaxed burg located along the x and y axis... until, suddenly, disaster strikes! A strange energy field overtakes the city, causing a terrible change... take control of one of two characters, and either put a stop to this madness... or enjoy it. Aside from (f/f) vore, m->f transgender and futanari will also be prevalent.

GAMEPLAY–-

As this is a platformer, there is a lot of jumping involved. ENEMIES will be fought in a manner somewhat similar to the Castlevania series, with both characters fighting significantly differently. Additionally, as one of the characters is a VORE and out to eat whatever luckless lass she can find, and the other is not, but will face very different opponents. Both characters may find points where COMMANDS must be rapidly input for score and/or completion.

CHARACTERS–-

PRED: Once upon a time, this cheerful if slightly dimwitted young woman was walking through the park while on her way to work when a wave of weird energy washed over her. Infested with an insatiable hunger, she fell upon an unfortunate girl and gobbled her up, only to find the act rousing her appetite... for female flesh...

Character Specific : PRED deals with opponents in two stages; in the first stage player WAILS away at their foe, until their clothes give up their valiant struggle to keep their occupant decently clad (2). The second stage concentrates on subduing the now naked female: the player grapples with and stimulates the struggling enemy until their will to fight is broken (3). Once SUBDUED, the player may devour the target at will, though certain enemies, if given enough time, can recover (4). Methods should be investigated to try and avoid allowing this to become monotonous or tedious for the player. Pred is very tough, and will take damage and continue to act normally until defeated; hit points can be increased by ingesting "shiny" girls (or potions, or whatnot.)

The Pred also has a number of POWER-UPS available, not all of which have been decided as of yet. (1) Flight: the player can fly a short distance, allowing access to previously unreachable areas. (2) "Prey"dar: calls up a map of the local area, showing enemies and other comestibles. (3) Girl-Beam: MALE characters are typically larger and more powerful than female opponents, and additionally can only be DIZZIED; stripping and subdual are not possible unless one can transform the man into a girl... which this power does. (4) PENIS: Exactly what it says; Pred grows a penis, allowing for easier and quicker subduing of targets.

PREY: A young man, filled with GAR and MANLY, one day finds his training interrupted as a blast of weird energy lights up the city, transforming most of the residents into girl-flesh hungry, feminine monstrosities. With, he realizes as they break into his dojo and attack his fellow students, the terrible ability to strip away one's precious GAR and MANLY! As he escapes, he vows to avenge his fallen ex-brothers, and bring a stop to this madness!

Character Specific: PREY starts off male, with no other special abilities other than being able to do RIDICULOUS amounts of damage. He is somewhat slow and jumps poorly, and is unable to use anything other than basic attacks; this form provides a considerable health buffer, and it should be possible (though difficult) to finish the game without being gender-bent. If Prey is damaged enough, he becomes female (2), and from there takes damage in the same way that Pred deals it, first losing clothing (3), fighting off subdual (4), and, if failing, being consumed (5). The change to female costs Prey a lot of her attack power, but she gains speed, jump height, and flexibility in the form of COSTUMES, outfits which confer special powers and other abilities.

Possible costumes include; Men's Dress Shirt -- Extremely Moe. Low Attack/Defense, has the special ability NAP, which recovers energy but leaves Prey extremely vulnerable; Battle Dress Uniform –– Weak, Long Range Attack, a Soldiers battle gear with an SMG, can use BUM RUSH, a short range charge which does moderate damage and a knockback effect; Dominatrix –– Fetishy black leather outfit with a whip, can BIND opponents for a short while, peaked officers cap optional; Power Suit -- Super powerful combat suit of unknown origin, has no special abilities but greatly enhances speed, jumping ability, and attack power; Street Clothes -- a regular set of clothing designed for a woman, has no special abilities but is common and disposable. Activating a costume adds the costumes durability to your health, but requires that you be in a non-subdued state; recovering from subdual requires either time, recovery items, or a reasonably safe pool of water to clean oneself off in.

-------------

Hopefully this provides a good overview for what I hope to achieve (though I very well may not.) I'm also pondering what system to work in; I am not much of a coder, but am not certain if there are any freely available platforms for making side scrollers around, so I'm kind of, at this point, waffling between Java and Python. Oh, and working on art assets. I'm aware that my thoughts seem rather specific at the moment, but they are, to an extent, subject to change. In any case, I'd be appreciative if you could point out any weaknesses in my current ideas, systems I could use to jump start production, and/or offers of assistance.

Er, thanks for putting up with my drivel.

-Kiyoa
Attachments
csketches2.gif
Some ideas for the heroine of the pred half of the game...
csketches3.gif
And for the hero(ine) of the prey side...
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Re: Fleshing out some ideas:

Postby KavenBach » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:27 pm

OMG, Vore and TG! I *DEFINITELY* would love to see this come to fruition!

Sounds like a delightfully irreverent story concept... which I'm sure I would quite enjoy. :D
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby Saiai » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:30 am

Dear God, you've put a lot of thought into this.
I don't know where you can find a platformer maker, but seeing as they have free demos of FPS maker and RPG maker online, I'm sure you can manage. Good luck and I look forward to it! :3
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:35 am

Suggest you talk to ImaginaryZ. He made a vore scroller some time ago as well as some other games (both vore related and not).
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ublover1 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:37 am

This sounds like a cool game i hope u make it:)
ublover1
???

Postby Saiai » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:12 am

http://www.clickteam.com/eng/tgf2.php

I just made a brief glance through google - I'm downloading the free demo now. Might be what you're looking for!
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Superblah » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 am

sounds wonderful but the idea of playing a boy as a prey doesn't really appeal to me in any way shape or form, the artwork looks excellent though, hopefully you'll add some kind of female subby =P
Superblah
Participator

Postby Kiyoa » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:32 pm

KavenBach wrote:OMG, Vore and TG! I *DEFINITELY* would love to see this come to fruition!

Sounds like a delightfully irreverent story concept... which I'm sure I would quite enjoy. :D

Ah, yes... transgender and vore, it's pretty much my bag, baby! For that matter, so is irreverence!

Saiai wrote:Dear God, you've put a lot of thought into this.
I just made a brief glance through google - I'm downloading the free demo now. Might be what you're looking for!

Damn right I put a lot of thought into it! What I know about coding tells me that being organized is really, really useful for programming, and so having a well organized outline for what you intend to achieve should be helpful.

Also, thanks for finding that! As soon as I have a couple sprites put together I'll give it a shot, though I'm also investigating Python right now.

Aleph-Null wrote:Suggest you talk to ImaginaryZ. He made a vore scroller some time ago as well as some other games (both vore related and not).

Thanks for the suggestion; I was hoping to talk to the more experienced code-monkeys a bit to dig up some suggestions. Guess I'll PM him after work.

ublover1 wrote:This sounds like a cool game i hope u make it:)

Arr! Me hope so too! Thank for enthusiasm!

Superblah wrote:sounds wonderful but the idea of playing a boy as a prey doesn't really appeal to me in any way shape or form, the artwork looks excellent though, hopefully you'll add some kind of female subby =P

Well, he does get transformed in to a girl if he takes too much damage, and can't change back, but I suppose I could allow one to choose a female character at start-up easily enough. I'd have to come up with something to make it so that it was really just a cosmetic change, though, which is to say that she would have to be, for gameplay purposes, identical.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:54 pm

That's a pretty damn awesome idea there. It's times like this that I wish Stencyl was real. :roll:

Seriously though. Stencyl would be great for a project like this if it was out. I might check out a list I have that has a crapton of programs that can help with game creation and see if I can find something helpful for you.

I support this project 100%. Also, your concept art is really awesome.

EDIT: Found some that might be halfway decent.

http://pstudio.firstproductions.com/index.html (I don't really suggest it. Although I just didn't really like it much.)

http://clean.cs.ru.nl/platformgameinfo.html (Seems interesting, but I haven't tried it yet.)

http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/ (GameMaker. If you can understand it, you can do some really awesome things in it. I love it.)

http://underwaredesign.com/prod_detail.php?id=42 (Again, I haven't tried it.)

http://gamedev.sourceforge.net/ (Not so sure about this one. I just posted it just to show more options.)
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Superblah » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Well, he does get transformed in to a girl if he takes too much damage, and can't change back, but I suppose I could allow one to choose a female character at start-up easily enough. I'd have to come up with something to make it so that it was really just a cosmetic change, though, which is to say that she would have to be, for gameplay purposes, identical.

Ultimately it should be less work to make a character play identicaly to the female transformed protagonist.

there are several platforms available, but i would start you off with a game develoupment document before you get too knee deep in creation,
depening on the size of your game they can take a long time to create, as I'm learning

The idea seems almost very perfect in the typical mindless consumption sense, its up to you how far you want to take the game as far as plot, AI, and pred prey interaction, But heres to hoping theres some cute fully digestion scenes of our heroine becoming fat on her preys bust :gulp:
Superblah
Participator

Postby Elle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:12 pm

No drivel here! =3 I'm really enjoying the thought of this idea, and if you could get it working, that would be awesome! ^-^ Just remember that you're going to have to do a lot of little sprites and get all of that looking nice to really make it work well as a game. The programming's easy, but all the assets... X3 Still, I can't wait to see where this thing goes, so long as it gets off the ground, and I'll be watching to see! =3 Also, If you need another programmer...I might be able to help at some point... =P
Just remember, no matter who you are, what you do, or what your interests are, someone out there would think you're sick and disgusting. All you can do is try your hardest not to be one of those people.
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kiyoa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Superblah wrote:Ultimately it should be less work to make a character play identicaly to the female transformed protagonist.

there are several platforms available, but i would start you off with a game develoupment document before you get too knee deep in creation,
depening on the size of your game they can take a long time to create, as I'm learning

The idea seems almost very perfect in the typical mindless consumption sense, its up to you how far you want to take the game as far as plot, AI, and pred prey interaction, But heres to hoping theres some cute fully digestion scenes of our heroine becoming fat on her preys bust :gulp:

Actually, with how I'm currently planning on setting up the system it probably shouldn't be too hard. Of course, can't expect everything to go exactly according to plan, aheh. And yes, a solid plan for the game is a must; the above provides me with a vision for the end state, but I should also chart out the minutia.

As far as AI goes, I'd like it to be fairly solid, including different behaviors and interactions for different enemies/enemy types, but that's likely to be handled properly only late in development.

JfishSoM wrote:No drivel here! =3 I'm really enjoying the thought of this idea, and if you could get it working, that would be awesome! ^-^ Just remember that you're going to have to do a lot of little sprites and get all of that looking nice to really make it work well as a game. The programming's easy, but all the assets... X3 Still, I can't wait to see where this thing goes, so long as it gets off the ground, and I'll be watching to see! =3 Also, If you need another programmer...I might be able to help at some point... =P

I can make sprites easy enough; it's mostly a matter of time, really, and there are a number of useful shortcuts one can make. I'm actually having a harder time nailing down the visual style I want to use.

Programming, however, could prove a bit tricky for me. I have taken a course on programming, and it covered most of the useful fundamentals, but I'm not really confident in my ability to monkey with code. Even so, part of me feels that I ought to tackle this with a real compiler, just to get over this unease. Of the compilers I know of, Python seems to be considered generally awesome, easy to use, and is cross platform, which most game makers aren't, so... I dunno. Also, it's free.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Elle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Kiyoa wrote:I can make sprites easy enough; it's mostly a matter of time, really, and there are a number of useful shortcuts one can make. I'm actually having a harder time nailing down the visual style I want to use.

Programming, however, could prove a bit tricky for me. I have taken a course on programming, and it covered most of the useful fundamentals, but I'm not really confident in my ability to monkey with code. Even so, part of me feels that I ought to tackle this with a real compiler, just to get over this unease. Of the compilers I know of, Python seems to be considered generally awesome, easy to use, and is cross platform, which most game makers aren't, so... I dunno. Also, it's free.

Really now. =P Well, I guess with those sketches you made, I'd have to agree with you. X3 I definitely liked how those looked, and it seemed like you just kind of threw them out there. =3

As for what to make the game with, I normally work with C++ myself, though I've used other languages as well, and I'm extremely adaptable. =3 Some people say Game Maker works well for these things, but I can't attest to that myself. However, if you're needing a good programmer to help you with this, AI is definitely one of my strong points, and I've gone to college for game development, so... Yeah, I'd like to help here if you could use it. =3
Just remember, no matter who you are, what you do, or what your interests are, someone out there would think you're sick and disgusting. All you can do is try your hardest not to be one of those people.
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Harmony2Discord » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:20 pm

I'd listen to that kind of drivel all day! :-D From all the thought you put into all that above, I cant wait to see the game!
Harmony2Discord
Commander's pet

Postby Gah » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 am

Wish you the best of Luck with this.
Gah
Participator

Postby Jaek » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am

Well, I was bored on a car drive and started thinking of different ways to avoid making the pred side of thinking repetitive. The whole description of the project reminds me a lot of a type of game generally referred to as "run or rape" games (ie your character either runs or gets raped). Not a whole lot of people make such games, only two I know of that have actual released games would be LineMarvel with Jungle Girl and Demon Girl and Toon Pimp with Run Minerva Run, Showtime Rhonda, The Curse of Cracklevania, and Fifi's Fury. There are a few people on Toon Pimp's message boards that also appear to be working on such games, but you might check those out for some inspiration. Actually, come to think of it, there is once scene with hard vore in it in Fifi's Fury if you lose to the dragon.

Python is a fine language that most people find extremely easy/stress free (well, relatively to other languages). Only problem I could think of that might crop up would be garbage collection, which could cause the game to get choppy every once in a while. Looking at it a bit there does appear to be a garbage collection module that allows you to suspend it (http://docs.python.org/library/gc.html). You might be able to suspend it and then just enable it during loading screens or something? IDK how much that would impact the amount of memory the program uses, the closest thing to a game I have written in Python was making a program to solve Sudoku puzzles.

Anyway, I spent a fair portion of my drive just brainstorming different ways to avoid making the pred part of the game monotonous.

Ideas for subduing:
Could either require a sequence of inputs (up, down, down, a, b, w/e) entered in a set period of time or repeated pressing the same button/buttons. It could also involve many different actions, that could have different degrees of difficulty to pull off and different amounts of "damage." So if you hit the attack button for kissing it might be a really easy sequence that didn't do much, while something like tribbing which would be quite hard to do but quite devastating if done properly.

Ideas for voring... well... uh... other than doing various different types of vore I didn't come up with much to make it more interesting. Could do something like making it so that the more people your character had eaten recently the slower/more powerful/more resistant to damage you got. Or have different effects depending on the girl you ate. You mentioned shiny girls maybe restoring health, there could be all sorts of things like hippies messing up your controls/making the screen look odd, slovenly girls making you throw up, heftier girls making your character take a nap afterwards...

Making some of the special abilities the character got different sorts of vore could open up a whole slew of possibilities. Could have breast vore and then get an additional force feed attack that gave your prey aphrodisiac breast milk. Cock vore that let you shoot sticky webs on prey that slowed them down. Unbirth that let you create girl drones that would attack your enemies... eheheheh.

Oh yeah, from the prey aspect it would be really sweet if during the subduing phase more than one girl could attack you at once.

Hopefully something in there was of some use to someone, otherwise it served it purpose as a distraction from an otherwise mind-numbing 7 hour drive =P
Jaek
Been posting for a bit

Postby psvorefan1520 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Umm, is anyone actually working on this idea? Seems like it'd be a good thing if it came to fruition. =3
Games (click pix):
ImageImageImage
None are done.
psvorefan1520
---

Postby Bitter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Considering that the post dates timeskip from February to today... I doubt it.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Elle » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 pm

This idea is tentatively being worked on over here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18930

So yeah, kinda. X3 Really need to get to working with this again when I have the time.
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby psvorefan1520 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Hmm. Well all right, I'll check up on that one from time to time then.
Games (click pix):
ImageImageImage
None are done.
psvorefan1520
---

Return to Vore game