Fireload's VoreGame! (Ideas stage) 5-27-09

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Fireload's VoreGame! (Ideas stage) 5-27-09

Postby Fireload » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 am

Tue Mar 31, 2009
My 100th post WOO!!!

I thought this would be a good time to tell everybody a bit about my interest in games and how I one day wish to create a nice little vore game for you guys, and girls!

I have always been a huge video game junkie ever sense I was a kid and have never really dealt with actually creating them first hand. Of-course, i have a good deal of experience with such things as Starcraft Map Editor, and RPG Maker, but never anything where I had a full range of motion with where I wanted my ideas to go. So I set out and invested a little money into some nice video game books and enrolled in some pretty cool video game classes at my local college (for this coming summer) to learn as much as I can to make a nice game for you. :D

Which brings me to what I ask of you, the Vore Community,
Though, I might not talk as much as most people here (given the fact that I have been here as long as I have and am only on my 100th post ^^; ) I think very highly of all of you, and wish to repay the kindness you have all presented me with during my time here by asking you these few questions...

What would you like to see in a Vore Game?

I am currently thinking of maybe a side scrolling game such as the original Mario games, or a platformer like the original zelda games, but the sky is the limit with your answer, but unfortunately I thiiink, mabie FPS and RTS games might be out of the question for now... FOR NOW! But I'd still like to hear from you if those are your game of choice. Although, I do ask that you give me a two part answer. One that you would REALLLLY want to see, and one that might be possible for a beginner such as myself. But then again, how you answer is completely up to you and everything is welcome. :)

Also, if you, or somebody else, have already posted a nice description to a vore game somewhere, please feel free to give drop a link as a response and I'll check it out.

Nevertheless, this will be my thread regarding this little project I plan to undergo soon I'll update any and all information regarding the tools and such I will be using when the time comes. I just wanted to go ahead and make it as my 100th post :-D

Wed May 27, 2009
Ok, so I've finally had a bit of time to play around with the software I'll be using to create this game and looked up a bit of tutorials and such to get my foot in the door.

So as of right now, absorption vore seems more within my grasp, at least of my current knowledge of the software. I'll be doing a lot more tinkering and such during the next few weeks to build a decent engine as well as figure out the best way to do more than absorption. A solid foundation can very easily make or break a game, so I'm going for one that feels comfortable and easy to use.

As for the progress, I'm still in the Ideas stage, but at least now I have am fooling around with a tech demo (is that the right word?).
Last edited by Fireload on Wed May 27, 2009 4:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fireload
Somewhat familiar

Re: Fireload's VoreGame!

Postby Surge » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:19 am

I'd like to see something that isn't loaded with glitches, isn't made with RPGmaker and without eleventy billion typos. :X
Surge
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 am

Hey man. Personally I'd really love to see an RPG game with an in-depth storyline. Something with originality. I can't say all, but a lot of RPGMaker games here start out the same way. You're in a house, and you pick up your gear, and then you go meet up with friend X, and go on an adventure Y that leads you to the castle. Whatever you do I'd just recommend a change in scenery. For example, start it in a desert-like setting like Gerudo Valley in Ocarina of Time. Just throwing things out there. As for the genre it'd be nice to see some games with real-time combat instead of RPG battles, and some nice puzzles/dungeons. Those elements haven't been exploited much, but it's really more of a personal preference. A side-scrolling game might also work, since it would be original, although I'm thinking more Castlevania-style and less Mario-style.

That leads me to the question... what is your expertise with the development aspect of the game? Are you good with RPGMaker, Java, C#, SDL, OpenGL, GameMaker, the Unreal Engine... which? What you'd use to make your game greatly limits or expands what you can do and how fast.
I know I'm throwing a lot of text at you, but I feel like some things are important to nail down if you're making a game. The other thing.. I'm not sure how other people do storylines here, but a good idea is to create a storyline and then discuss it with a few hard hardcore gamer friends to see if they're interested in it. They'll give you a lot of good tips on how to set up certain scenes so that it won't be impossibly hard and not shamefully easy to beat the game. I'd recommend to discuss it here, but that kinda spoils it for the rest of us.

Also if you're serious I'd recommend making your own tilesets for at least some of your game. I'd especially like to see a new tileset for the stomach scenes, if you plan on having those. Everyone so far used the RPGMaker pink-bubble tileset with boulder-looking sprites for digested material. As for entire game ideas I wish I could help you out. I have an idea on hold, but it's for a 3D game that I doubt most people, including me, could make in under three years. If you wanna check out what I'm doing now here's a link to the game I'm currently developing: http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16909 It's a 2D overhead game with some 3D-ish elements. It's in the early stages and I'd love to get some artists to help out with it, if that's your thing.
Last edited by 11millionseconds on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:25 am

Surge wrote:I'd like to see something that isn't loaded with glitches, isn't made with RPGmaker and without eleventy billion typos. :X

My game is on it's way =D
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorishartist » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:11 pm

I recommend making something for your future portfolio. You can't show job interviewers fetish-centric items and expect to be taken seriously. Work up your skills and confidence, and then focus on the more specific things.
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Fireload » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:17 pm

@ Surge:
I'll see what I can do. :)

@ Vorishartist
Good points, but worry not, this will be a side project from what I learn in college. Thank you very much for the advice though, I fully understand where you are coming from and I appreciate the concern.

@11millionseconds
Thank you very much for the rather lengthy response! (not meaning for that to sound sarcastic or anything)
I really want to step away from the kind of cliche voreish stories and really get into some different territory. I'd played many different side scrolling games and I have a pretty good idea of what types of enemies there should be, or what kind of power ups work and what makes a level design pretty and worth looking at. In the end, I REALLY want to have an actiony type of side scroller with equipable items, new skills, or some other form of doing new abilities, at a decent gameplay speed. Slow enough for everybody to understand what is going on, but fast enough to keep with my original idea. BUT, a huge part of this is going to be the communities input, if they like ideas, or dislike ideas is what will make or break this game. I'm not expecting everybody to get all hyped up about this at the moment considering how many others have approached with similar ideas but never delivered a result. Building video games has always been a dream of mine. So with a summer with nothing but great classes (unlike my previous semesters) I figured it would be a great time to take a dive into this.

As for game creating experience, sad to say, I currently don't know any Java, C#, SDL, OpenGL, GameMaker, or the Unreal Engine, but that's not to say I won't learn in the future. However, understanding the importance of such things as variables, locations, events, and triggers, which, for the most part, i picked up from RPG Maker, and Starcraft Editor will prove key tot he advancement of a game. Not to mention the physics class I took in highschool will definitely help out a bit. The programs I will be using (but more than likely not limited too) are Flash, Photoshop, and Multimedia Fusion. Also, having two professors who know a great deal about all of those programs will also prove very important in this project.

As for tilesets, I plan to have all original content, so no reused pink-bubbley on my end. ^^;

I plan to use this thread to keep everybody up to date with tech demos and such. As for story, I think I have a way to discuss story/gameplay such without giving away any spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled. I might make a blog about it or something.
Also, I'll be sure to check out your thread, perhaps I could learn a thing or two *bows* :)
Fireload
Somewhat familiar

Re: Fireload's VoreGame! (Ideas stage)

Postby Akram » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:13 pm

hmm, simple ideas, but:

Both vorish enemies and allies, like:

Enemy: an enemy that eats you to kill you
Allies: an ally that eats you, to spit you up sending you up very high

also, maybe vorish health items :3

Gulp a micro for some extra health ^^

stuff like that :3
Akram
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Fireload's VoreGame! (Ideas stage)

Postby mr_dawg » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:20 am

The fact that you want to do an action-oriented platformer is good enough for me. RPGs are alright, but quite frankly they just take too long. Seeing as how a lot of people play vore games for the vore(surprise), it's rather frustrating to have to read through pages and pages of text before doing fetch quests/monster grinding for an hour only to see 1 vore scene.

Aside from that, voring things/being vored in RPGs usually feels very... passive and detached, I suppose? I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, but what I mean is that you just select an option from a menu and watch people run around and eat each other. I think it's much more exciting to actually press buttons and have an active role in voring something, and the game in general.
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Re: Fireload's VoreGame! (Ideas stage) 5-27-09

Postby Fireload » Wed May 27, 2009 5:08 am

@Akram
I like that! I'll have to keep those things in mind. :)
I'm actually thinking about taking this game to a simple level first, at least before I really get a decent engine going. Something like "You are this, now go do that!" or, for more of a vore aspect to it, "You are this, go eat these to do that!" but of course I would like to please both pred and prey areas. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

@mr_dawg
Yea, I hear ya. RPGs are great for story aspects, and telling the whole story, which is fantastic! But if somebody wants to just jump in the action and have, as you said, "an active role" I think that's something that an RPG cant do (depending on the rpg, and ones own preferences of-course)
I just want to give a little bit more variety. :3
Fireload
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riko » Wed May 27, 2009 4:16 pm

I'd still like to see 'protectionvore'. Eating someone to protect him/her. Or 'fusionvore'. Eating someone to make yourself stronger and get new abilities or so. It's abit like Shanoa absorbing a glyphtshchsh- thingie. ^^. Or like Cell but then just eating xD.
Riko
Participator

Postby Teni » Thu May 28, 2009 2:36 am

out of curiousity... what willl you be using to create this game?
Ask me about anything! It can't hurt to ask :)

I also think I like using XD too much.... xD

http://www.teniko.deviantart.com

Yay RPG games!
Yay drawing!
Yay vore!
Yay Giantess!  
Teni
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Fireload » Thu May 28, 2009 5:38 am

@Riko
I really like those ideas. I will be sure to jot those down. I was actually thinking about something similar to getting powers from consuming various enemies, almost in a Kirby type manner, or something similar to it.

Thank you for your input :D

@Teni
Oh sorry about that Teni, I thought I had mentioned it before. I will be using Multimedia Fusion 2 (MMF2) to put this project together. After viewing videos like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV-eGIkCXCg it really goes to show the versatility of the program. Although I am just barely beginning to get my feet wet with the program, I do plan on expanding my knowledge over time.
Fireload
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game