Vore Platformer - Tech Demo NUMBER 3 download here

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Platformer - Tech Demo NUMBER 3 download here

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:42 am

Slops added, still working on them though and now when you press space to struggle something comes up, and I'm also still working on the zoom.

the control are

up: stand still
left: walk left
right: walk right
down: duck
space:jump/swim up(in water)/ and escape monster(keep pressing it til ur out)
shift: regenerate (after digestion)

please comment on it as it will help me a lot

Planned Features(so far):
* Sounds
* You can also eat creatures.
* Many different creatures.
* Boss Monsters.
* Weapons(Maybe).
* Digestion Scene once you have been eaten and lost.
* Playable Monsters(Maybe).
* MANY different types of vore.
* Multi-Pathways.
* Fix the water.
* Loading times. (If you are having trouble with this please comment I need to know how many people are.)
* Slower Vore Scenes
* Different Characters (Big maybe, because of all the seprate animations.)
* Fix Animation Sync Times

from reading this thread there the fixes/features that will be added so far. Anything you think should be there either PM me or post it here!
Last edited by FoxyVixen21 on Mon May 11, 2009 4:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: Vore Platformer - Help needed

Postby 11millionseconds » Thu May 07, 2009 10:33 am

I can help with background scenery and maybe some sprites. Sprites are not my specialty but I'm half-decent at artwork in general and I'm a pretty fast learner. Let me know if you need to see any of my stuff or anything.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby taito » Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 am

Well I may be of some help. Depends on if your using indexed sprites or high res ones. What are you looking at for pixel sizes? It's been a long time since I did small sprites like the ones in Itoshi Kokoro. ~_~
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm

FoxyVixen21 wrote:I have already found a more then suitable engine to run the platform game on,

What engine did you end up going with?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:38 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
FoxyVixen21 wrote:I have already found a more then suitable engine to run the platform game on,

What engine did you end up going with?

I am using Game Maker 7.0, and the I'm using an engine called Platform Engine for it.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: Vore Platformer - sugguestions for features.

Postby Liz » Fri May 08, 2009 7:07 am

So I'm guessing you're going for a 2D side scroller?

It could be fun - i have played a few Japanese ones that rock

good luck with it
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:09 am

Madness wrote:So I'm guessing you're going for a 2D side scroller?

It could be fun - i have played a few Japanese ones that rock

good luck with it

yup 2D side scroller is correct, kinda like Mario but with a voreish twist :gulp:
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Astellia » Fri May 08, 2009 7:32 am

I'm really excited about this one ^_^. I can't really help with art or anything, but as for the suggestions on the things you mentioned;

Creatures: I'd like to see a pretty wide range, and preferably with personality. That was my big problem with the vore action rpgs, the monsters were way too generic imo.

Pred mode: Rather then a seperate mode, I'd like to see it as a pred option. Maybe have the option of being purely prey, and having higher attributes or something, or be able to eat the enemies as well, at the cost of those attributes to balance you out. I was never really fond of the pred mode being outside of the main game. And never really was able to get into a main story as purely prey :oops:

Escaping: I vote yes on this one. I always love seeing the belly move around as they struggle to get out. ^_^
Astellia
Participator

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:41 am

Astellia wrote:I'm really excited about this one ^_^. I can't really help with art or anything, but as for the suggestions on the things you mentioned;

Creatures: I'd like to see a pretty wide range, and preferably with personality. That was my big problem with the vore action rpgs, the monsters were way too generic imo.

Pred mode: Rather then a seperate mode, I'd like to see it as a pred option. Maybe have the option of being purely prey, and having higher attributes or something, or be able to eat the enemies as well, at the cost of those attributes to balance you out. I was never really fond of the pred mode being outside of the main game. And never really was able to get into a main story as purely prey :oops:

Escaping: I vote yes on this one. I always love seeing the belly move around as they struggle to get out. ^_^

Thanks for yours suggestions, putting pred mode in the main game is a good idea, and less work to... that way would wouldn't need a whole separate lot of levels and objects

thanks! :D
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby 11millionseconds » Fri May 08, 2009 9:19 am

I'd suggest making something less Mario-like and more Castlevania-like. The difference being that room connections in Castlevania games could be above and below, not just on the left and right. Also, the rooms could be vertically larger than the screen by a lot.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorishartist » Fri May 08, 2009 10:16 am

I want something with a scripting engine. Looks like I'm going to have to wait for WHTB's finished game engine if I want that =\
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Terastas » Fri May 08, 2009 10:32 am

I'm with Astellia in that I'd rather see pred-mode be the main game instead of just a side game.

I don't know how this would work, but something you could possibly consider would be to give every character/monster a control scheme so they could all be playable. Sort of like how all the characters in Street Fighter or Pokemon are playable, only as a platformer as opposed to another generic fighter and/or RPG.

As for what kind of creatures, my biggest piece of advice would be to try and avoid giving in to the generic standards. It's okay if you include a few, but you should really strive to try and make your game different from the umteen hundred other generic platformers and/or vore games out there. Diversify as best you can; the more you include, the more likely it is we'll all be able to find something in there that we like.

And try to avoid making creatures that have "it will eat you" written all over them. Half the fun of the Pakkun Lizards from Secret of Mana, for example, to me was the fact that they were so small (smaller than the PCs even) so you really weren't expecting them to attack by swallowing you whole. Often in vore games, a creature will look so explicitly vorish from the start that it just sort of cheapens the effect.

In other words, surprise us.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby Riko » Fri May 08, 2009 5:50 pm

I still haven't seen 'fusionvore' or 'protectionvore' in a game.. maybe it's a nice add. .oO( What is it with me and protectionvore... eat someone to protect him / her from danger o.o )

( Yay 100th post.. )
Riko
Participator

Postby Ryu8 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Another thing most vore games seem to lack is non-oral vore, like AV, CV, UB, etc. Seeing some of that in a game would be awesome in my opinion. ^-^
Ryu8
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Fri May 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Terastas wrote:I'm with Astellia in that I'd rather see pred-mode be the main game instead of just a side game.

I don't know how this would work, but something you could possibly consider would be to give every character/monster a control scheme so they could all be playable. Sort of like how all the characters in Street Fighter or Pokemon are playable, only as a platformer as opposed to another generic fighter and/or RPG.

As for what kind of creatures, my biggest piece of advice would be to try and avoid giving in to the generic standards. It's okay if you include a few, but you should really strive to try and make your game different from the umteen hundred other generic platformers and/or vore games out there. Diversify as best you can; the more you include, the more likely it is we'll all be able to find something in there that we like.

And try to avoid making creatures that have "it will eat you" written all over them. Half the fun of the Pakkun Lizards from Secret of Mana, for example, to me was the fact that they were so small (smaller than the PCs even) so you really weren't expecting them to attack by swallowing you whole. Often in vore games, a creature will look so explicitly vorish from the start that it just sort of cheapens the effect.

In other words, surprise us.

I agree with this post wholeheartedly. I'm tired of vore games where all you can get eaten by are a few snake-derivatives. It would REALLY make your game stand out (even though it's already a platformer, lol), if you get eaten by a seemingly innocuous bush, or a cloud or something similar.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby 11millionseconds » Fri May 08, 2009 11:29 pm

Riko wrote:I still haven't seen 'fusionvore' or 'protectionvore' in a game.. maybe it's a nice add. .oO( What is it with me and protectionvore... eat someone to protect him / her from danger o.o )

( Yay 100th post.. )

That is a good point..
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:43 am

empatheticapathy wrote:if you get eaten by a seemingly innocuous bush, or a cloud or something similar.

this made me lol, anyway as soon as I get some sprites put together, I will put up a demo, that is probably a couple of weeks away still though.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: Vore Platformer - Tech Demo Download inside

Postby taito » Sat May 09, 2009 8:50 am

The controls feel very nice. I think this could turn out very nice.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat May 09, 2009 11:31 am

It's good so far, the only beefs I have are that you can't do anything to the monster, and *all* the water does is slow you down. You should be able to swim or something, y'know?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby 11millionseconds » Sat May 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Here's some feedback on the demo:

My suggestion: double the gravity acceleration and increase the terminal velocity and movement acceleration rates for the player. The friction seems good, but it just kinda feels like you're walking on the moon a little bit. Also, what can you do about those loading times? I'm not sure what it's loading, but for the amount of content you have the loading time shouldn't be more than a second or so, and even that's pushing it. I just don't see what it's really loading. You don't have a lot of images, no sound, etc. There isn't much to unpack. I'm just afraid that when you add in sound, music, special effects, and more complex sprites and scenery that at this rate it'll take five minutes to start up the game. Whatever it's unpacking, I'm sure it can do that on install instead of on run.
I'm not sure how much your engine allows you to tweak, but there should be an option for not packing everything into just one executable I'm guessing.

(edit)

Also, not sure if you care or not, but your game has a suspiciously large memory footprint. It's taking up something like 37 MB of memory when it's running, even though the program itself is only 2MB packed. Your window is 800 x 600, which at 32 bits per pixel gives you roughly 6 MB of video buffer space, and that's assuming that you're triple buffering. Where is the remaining 31 MB going? =/
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game