Generic New Vore Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Generic New Vore Game [Recruiting Artist]

Postby Rayen » Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Goodie, I got my last finals test tomorrow, so I'll start working some more on this then.
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby shadowdragon114 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:34 am

can i get a link to the game when ur finished with it
in the shadows is were i hide
shadowdragon114
New to the forum

Postby geostig » Wed May 13, 2009 12:36 am

i think it will get posted here so jsut gotta check out this topic everytime something new is added XD
geostig
Been posting for a bit

Re: Generic New Vore Game

Postby Rayen » Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Okay, I'm not really looking for any artists anymore. I've sent a PM to one of the people who wanted to do it. Just waiting for them to reply now.

Update:
- New windowskin. Looks all pretty and stuff.
- HUD does have a problem. During scenes and such it will disappear, which is what I intended, but when the scene ends you'll have to bring up the menu screen for it to appear again. I'm currently trying to figure out how to fix this, but I'm not a terribly great scripter. I know its a refresh problem, but I just gotta figure it out.
- My main character sprites now fit in better with my other sprites. They were in a slightly different style, so I had to change em up a bit.
- I've figured out a fair amount of the storyline for each character.
- There's about 15 minutes of gameplay for 4 of the characters, so a demo might not be terribly far away. I'd like to see if I can release one early next month.
- Although maybe not, cause I recently started playing Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Damn, that game is addicting. D: Although, it has been giving me some ideas.
- Also, my monster sprite problem is pretty much solved. I can edit XP sprites and make them fit rather well into VX. And it won't just be default stuff either. I got a few custom ones that are pretty nice. And I got 3 different types of slimes. ;D
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Superblah » Sat May 16, 2009 11:20 pm

if you want to see how portraits might work in a game
megamari would be a good choice to draw inspiration
Superblah
Participator

Postby Rayen » Sun May 17, 2009 10:37 am

Haha... That's actually how I was thinking about doing it. I love MegaMari, but I suck at it. ;o; I also suck really bad at Super Marisa Land/World. >.>

Anyway, okc_ohno has accepted the artist position, so now art can be underway. Huzzah!
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Agh, sorry for no updates. Here's the updates, however they are not all good.

The good ones:
I've gotten a decent amount of the storylines planned out. I have a good amount of enemies for the game now. *Almost* everything is going well.

The bad one:
My battle system has a horrible flaw when I run certain types of events. Currently working on it. Well, that is once my computer gets a new charger. My old A/C adapter went out a few days ago, and I'm waiting on a new one.

The other ones:
I'm working solo once again. Not because they quit, but because the pace I'm working at is too slow to keep a decent team organized. It was my decision, so I'll figure out what I'll do from here.

Okay, so now I have a serious question for everyone who cares here. Do you think I should continue on this game, or should I go and start again on my old project? This project doesn't really have a lot done, but I could go back to my old one and simply improve it. Honestly, I like this idea for this game, but I seem to be having problems getting it to where I want it. I want your opinion, since you'll probably be the only ones to play it.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Danimonstah » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:43 am

I hate to be a snob, while I appreciate your work, but will there be ANY male predators in this game?
Even brief?
" Well... It seems idiocy prevails once more; I will never understand the likes of you."
Danimonstah
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:23 am

Most of my stuff that I usually come up with is female. However, there should be some male stuff later on. I try to make my games appeal to a larger group, but I don't want to overdo it, so I focus mostly on what the majority enjoys.

Also, I don't mind questions like that. It doesn't make me think ye are a snob or something.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kenny316 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:47 am

If you haven't got that much into this game I think you should go back to the older one. You can put some of the new game into the older one so the time you spent on this wouldn't just be a waste. But that's all up to you.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I suppose the actual question I was asking is "Which one should I work on more?" I'm not going to completely abandon the one I'm currently on, but from the PMs I've been getting, I think more people want to see my older game reworked. I think I'll focus on that. Just as soon as my computer company stops being dumb and sends me my bloody charger.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:40 am

hmm.. it would seem hard to judge the game with out a demo. My curiosity dictates a vote for this one at least until we know the feel.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby geostig » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 am

yea ill love to see both of them once done or a demo that goes further ^^ i bet im gonna love it ;) keep going ! XD
geostig
Been posting for a bit

Postby Danimonstah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:43 am

Hmm, I see.. :o
However, as for the battle system; which one are you using? I may be able to recommend some scripts to help; this is VX right?
" Well... It seems idiocy prevails once more; I will never understand the likes of you."
Danimonstah
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:26 pm

Looks promising! Hope to see it up some day :3
Krieg
Participator

Postby Liz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:01 am

I'm really looking fowards to the game.

I'm glad you raised the question too Danimonstah. Personally i like F/M M/F and F/F - i dont really know what one i prefere over the other.

Rayen I do enjoy seeing monsters on the map - I find it silly that a character can be 10 levels over the monster and still get suddenly ambushed :S.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Rayen » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm really wanting to work on this, but until my bloody computer company gets me my charger it's at a stand-still.

Anyway, the battle system is an active battle system, but I can't remember the exact name at the moment. If you know of a better one, feel free to suggest me one. I'm still trying to work the bugs out of the code, but I'm not all that good at catching them.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Okay. I'm not working on this project. I got my charger, and started on it again, but I've been working all day, and I've kinda given up on this idea. The main problem is the battle system. Trying to do an Action Battle System has never really ended well for me, and this was no different. Also, the storylines I came up with really suck. There was a lot of completely nonsensical things, and even though this is nothing more that a vore game, I still want a decent storyline.

I'm going back to my old game completely. I've been thinking and planning the past couple of nights. I'm taking some ideas from this game and incorperating them into the good ol' turn based battle system. I'm also changing up the game a crapton, so I'm sorta trying to decide wether it would almost be better to start a new topic for it...

Anyway, consider this game closed. I'm not an action-guy. It was a stupid idea to make an action game. >.> Besides, it's better to focus on the one idea that seems to work rather well.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby The_Prof » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:38 pm

well glad to hear you're going back to the old game and all, though darn it all I did give away a few of the quest ideas I gave you, especially the one I sent via PM that only you knew about, ah well if the need comes that more is needed I can always craft some more
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby voriator212 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:15 pm

any inside shots?
voriator212
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game