Generic New Vore Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Generic New Vore Game

Postby Rayen » Fri May 08, 2009 9:55 pm

I hope to find my external hard-drive. For one, that's where the game project was, for two, you have any idea how long it takes to recover 44GB of doujin games and 20GB of Touhou music? >.>
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:59 pm

Rayen wrote:I hope to find my external hard-drive. For one, that's where the game project was, for two, you have any idea how long it takes to recover 44GB of doujin games and 20GB of Touhou music? >.>

64 gigs could take up more than an hour, I hope you find your external hard-drive then :)
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby wsensor » Fri May 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey Rayan check your pm
wsensor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Sat May 09, 2009 12:04 am

@wsensor: Thanks for sending me my unencrypted project. I appreciate it.

Also, I added a "Character" section to the main post. Check it out to learn about the playable characters of this game.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kenny316 » Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 am

The Game is looking good. I downloaded the rpgmaker you have in case it's anything like XP was.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kyazu » Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 am

hmm....a maid named scarlet...why am I reminded of Sakuya all of a sudden?
kyazu
New to the forum

Postby Paradox » Sat May 09, 2009 9:30 am

Yay! Nice to see ya back^^
So far the new game looks good.
Silly me just has to get b my own PC back in shape as well since I just had to format everything, due an trojan which got on my Computer >.> If I would at least now how it got there.
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby Rayen » Sat May 09, 2009 12:20 pm

@kyazu: Haha, I was wondering when someone would get that reference. Also, with the knives and all. It's a rather blatant reference actually.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Sun May 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Hm... I seem to have hit a problem. I was about to start working on an area where battles can happen when I realized something unfortunate. I have about 3 monster sprites I can use. VX was not like XP in that it had a sprite for every default monster. VX only has a few. I've been hunting around for some new ones, but I haven't had much luck.

Basically, I need someone who can do pixel art. And unfortunately, I need someone who is very good at it. I can only do edits, and monsters are completely out of the question for me. I'm recoloring some of the XP sprites so they fit, but it would be nice to have some custom sprites.

Any help is appreciated.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kaze10 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:30 pm

May I ask is it still being made in VX. My laptop won't let me play RPGXP. And it looks good.

Also. I would help you with the sprites. But I'm not very good. Sorry. I'm quite good with some other things. PM me and I can tell you okay?
If everyone was equal, would we be diverse?
kaze10
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Sun May 10, 2009 4:44 pm

It will continue to be made in VX, since XP has known problems with Vista. VX is really just as good as XP, except the mapping system. But, it isn't just a terrible amount worse.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby twib » Sun May 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Hey your new game looks great and I cant help but wonder. Did the old PS1 Square game "Saga Frontier" or any game with a title like that give you the idea of having different main characters that you could choose from and interact with the other main characters you created? That is awesome cant wait to see how this game goes any custom skills going to be made for this game or just those that are within the RPG maker? Overall though cant wait Good Luck Rayen. ^^
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Sun May 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Never played Saga Frontier. I've always wanted to make a game where you have like 6 main characters and you don't control all of them, but they will team up occasionally.

Also, the first thing I did when I opened RPG Maker was go into the database and delete all the items, skills, everything. I hate the default things, so I always change them.

Also, quick update: I've started work on the storylines. I'm trying to be careful not to overdo one or make one not as interesting. It's rather difficult, but I think I'll manage. Also, I've tweaked the characters' sprites a small bit to make them fit in better with the tilesets. Its nothing big, and you probably won't even notice. Mostly just a bit of resizing and changing the color saturation slightly. And a friend gave me Photoshop 7, so I'll be able to do my art a bit quicker and easier now. I don't know why, but I work a lot better in Photoshop.

And a quick notice: The game's filesize will most likely be rather large. It's rather unavoidable. I have a full MP3 soundtrack and a ton of custom graphics. I'm trying to make the game in a way so that I won't have to include the RTP, which will be a nice 20MB less that anyone has to download. At the moment, the filesize is about 95MB. That doesn't have the art that I'll be putting in once I finish it. But, the art and a few more spritesets should be all the graphical things I'll need to put in. Although, whatever music I am not using in the game, I will remove. Once I do that, it should only be around 40-50MB for the first demo.

And as far as a demo goes... I'll have one out when I get about an hour or so of gameplay worked up. That's per character as well, so the first demo should have about 6 hours of gameplay.

Things might be going slower for a bit since I have art to do and a friend of mine has requested me to help with his RPG Maker game.

Oh, and a new screen. You can see the new HUD in this one. Looks better and now shows your Hotkey skills and items, as well as an ammo counter if you use a ranged weapon. Unfortunately, I realized the face will probably only add to the lag, so I took it out of the design, but a character stand up will be at the side, once I finish it. I'll probably make it slightly animated (i.e. Blinking randomly). Should be fun.

Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ericn123 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:27 am

Sorry to hear about your labtop.

But i just played the demo and with your new ideas and pics for the characters (not the penicled in ones from before :D) and i got to say. Great work!

Nice combat after you got out of the celler at the start. I like the idea of roaming around the areas you mention in the demo. Looking forward to the new version.
ericn123
New to the forum

Postby Snorlaxkid » Mon May 11, 2009 11:13 am

Is there a demo out yet? X3
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 am

There is no demo out for this game. I believe ericn123 was referring to my old game, which is very different from this one.

And while I'm here... Update: I've gotten the intro scene for all the characters finished. I also need to get a new windowskin because I forgot about it. I'll probably go for a darker one to match the new HUD.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 am

Dammit... I've been trying for the past few days to do some art, but I can't seem to get it right. All of a sudden, my proportions seem really off-kilter.

I hate to say it, but I think I need an artist. So, I guess it's time to recruit. I have requirements though:

1. Is actually half-way decent. I'm not asking for masterpieces, but I do want someone who's actually good.
2. Is willing to do a lot. Since I'm asking others to do this, I'll cut a large amount of the art (i.e. the NPCs' pictures), but there'll still be a ton of art.
3. Is willing to stick to it. I want 1 art style for the game. If you think you'll quit partway through, do not ask to help. I want a dedicated artist.

I'm dead broke, so I can't commission anything. If you accept this job, you'll be doing it for free. (Unless by some awesome chance I manage to make money off of this, which is doubtful. In which case, I will pay for your efforts.)

I might be demanding way too much here but without an artist, this project is sunk. I can't seem to get my bloody brain in gear to draw correctly.

Anyway, if you want to help, just PM me with an example of your work or post here. I don't really care which. PM is preferred so this topic doesn't get messy.

This really has annoyed me. I was hoping to be able to make the project without help from others.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Generic New Vore Game [Recruiting Artist]

Postby The_Prof » Tue May 12, 2009 2:18 pm

I'd love to help with the art, but honestly I can't draw anything good to save my life, so I'll stick as a questgiver then.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Rayen » Tue May 12, 2009 3:46 pm

I may not need as much help with quests and such for this game. I've decided that it's not really going to focus on a lot of little quests like the last game. It'll focus more on the 1 big main goal. I'm also considering adding in a special storyline that is unlocked when you complete the main 6 storylines. I just have to come up with a good idea for what it'll be.

The most help I'll probably need is if I get writer's block. Then I'll ask you guys for some help.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby The_Prof » Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 pm

ok then, but feel free to hit me up if you have writers block, I'm just as good with long quests as I am short ones
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game