Aysa's Adventure Vore game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Aysa's Adventure Vore game

Postby Thagrahn » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Left and Right arrows move left and right.
Up and Down arrows climb and decinde climbable vines.
- (not all vines are climbable)
Space Bar Jumps
A = Punch attack (unlimited close range attack)
D = Throwing Weapons (found in groups of ten)
- (need to collect to use)

Invisable water object now makes deeper water harder to handle.

F5 = save game, F6 = load game

The Final Complete Version.
Also contains a player's Guide.
Attachments
Mushy Shroomy Hunter's.zip
Complete Final version
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 2476 times
Last edited by Thagrahn on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: SideScroller Vore game

Postby Star_Sage » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Okay, can't get up to third snake in level one, at the part where the level wraps back a bit so you are forced to go back while going up to a higher level. Odd slow down effect when jumping and hitting something you can stand on. And of course, the no using arrows without jumping bug. Powerup suggestions include food items that the character has a small animation eating, maybe POV type with a closeup so every time you power up, it feels like you're the one being eaten. For bosses, well, a giant frog with a tongue you have to avoid being hit by would be interesting. Of course, my own likes would be one level where you're on a giant table, with the platforms and stuff being giant food items like burgers, sandwiches, hotdogs, steaks, and the like, with condiments and buns falling from above, with a small animation if you die from the stuff falling on you of a giant hand reaching down and taking up what you got eaten on off screen.
Star_Sage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KavenBach » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Hmm...

If I had to guess, the reason for the no-left/right unless jumping is somewhere in your coding for standing on solid objects. Maybe you set speed to zero or movement direction to nothing (center) and that prevents any movement as long as there's any collision?

-The jumping is always exactly the same; there's no difference whether we tap the button or hold it.

-I got passed that third snake, but there was indeed a strange glitch right there preventing all jumping in that area. I ended up passing by leaping from outside the blue area and pressing left on the descent.

-The second stage displayed in one long and warped image for me. I think you'll need to play around with the Views on the Room setting.

-In the first stage, after passing that third snake I was able to jump on top of a block and remain off-screen above it.

Keep working on it. With enough time and patience you'll get the hang of it.
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby SeruOmen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 pm

If you can only move while jumping, one thing you might want to try to fix is how you lag if you jump up and hit something overhead. Make it so it bumps you back down instead of sticking you there for a few seconds.

Keep it up, otherwise!
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby coldReactive » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm

I almost got to the exit, but then I moon jumped infinitely and got stuck and couldn't jump to unstick.
coldReactive
Participator

Postby LordStorm » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:55 am

Reached Lv2 (i think one of the jumping problems on Lv1 is those blue hills game seems to think more of their mass is solid then I think you intended) on Lv2 I had the same thing as Kevin the screen steches out to show the whole thing. Still definatly somepromise in this.
Current Projects: Mystery of the Wendigo
My Gallery: http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/LordStorm
LordStorm
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:40 am

I've worked out most of the problems, but still can't move right or left unless jumping.
I also added the Boss Battle room, Minus the Boss.

On my test run the blue platforms from the first level showed up in the second.

If anyone wan't to suggest how I can create a phisical attack that stays with the player, that would help.
Last edited by Thagrahn on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PercentiledOne » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:52 am

That was... kinda painful to play.

I strongly suggest you fix the inability to move without jumping. I don't know what your coding is like, but it's a common issue for beginners. One possiblity is that you change it to stop on impact instead of continually checking to see if there is something solid in contact. There are actually a number of ways to solve that problem, but without knowing your coding I can't point you to them.

The "blue hills". Check the coding on them, and failing that check where you put them! At one point I had to litterally float through what seemed to be a vertical wall of the blue hills tiles. I don't know how you're coding these, but I don't think they're doing what you want.

Single height(really high!) Jumping: Simple solution, add the code "When Key Released(space bar), If Vspeed Less Than 0, Set Vspeed to 0." Quick way to give you variable jumping.

The snakes: Was I supposed to bump into them as much as possible? I got that flowers are to be avoided(yes, I intentionally jumped into the first one I saw hoping something would happen) but the snakes don't seem to do anything all that unpleasant.

The graphics: Please tell me that there's more than what I saw. The background was... okay I suppose, though pretty obviously Paint with afew swipes of the airbrush tool, the bricks were almost dead standard, and the sprites were also kinda limited. Really, would it have been so hard to give your main character a walking and jumping animation to go with the standing? Not only that, but they were small, details were hard to make out on my resolution.

Stage two: Your views wern't activated. No big there, easy for you to fix, since you seem to have mastered it for the first level.

Work out a few more of those bugs before you try anything more ambitious, like boss monsters.

Oh, and a suggestion for creating an attack that stays with the player... depends on what you mean.

Usually I make attacks "fire" from the player character. The character animates through the muzzle flash/recoil, and a bullet shoots off. This works surprisingly well for other things, like the character animates through a punch or sword slash, and make the sword or the fist the "bullet" which self destructs either when it gets a set distance from the character that generated it, after a set time limit, or the easiest way I've found "At Other(Animation Ends): Destroy Self". You don't even have to make these "bullets" visible.
PercentiledOne
Participator

Postby Baif » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:07 am

To-do list:

-Please, fix up your movement coding before developing futher.

-Make the blue hills "Go tru" platforms.

-Give the main character some animation.

-Varibale jumping (As percentiledone said, just change the vspeed to 0 or vspeed/2 for a smoother stop)

-Fix the bug where you can "Moon jump" if you press space while facing a wall.

-Snakes do nothing (i think)

-Take people feedback and suggetions into account.

Code: Select all
I really want to know your code for jumping/walking  :roll:
Baif
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm

The snakes don't do anything yet, because I haven't set up a health meter.

I set a ceiling up to stop the moon jump effect.

Most of the sprites are temprary stand-ins (I'm still working on learn how to draw and animate).

The blue platforms are only suppost to have colisons on the top.

The coding for the Left and Right keys is the basic Move to -4,0 and +4,0 respective to Self on the Player Controler object.

And this topic is so I can get feedback to use.

I've been working off and on with the Coding but still no results with fixing the control issue. I may have to rebuild the game from scratch to fix it since only the left and right keys are affecting the horizontal movement. All the gravity and vertical movements are controled from the space bar and step actions.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kinne » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm

snakes rape you if youre naked. and level 3 is boring:P
Kinne
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Baif » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Kinne wrote:snakes rape you if youre naked. and level 3 is boring:P

Level 3 is supposed to hae nothing yet.

I've been working off and on with the Coding but still no results with fixing the control issue. I may have to rebuild the game from scratch to fix it since only the left and right keys are affecting the horizontal movement. All the gravity and vertical movements are controled from the space bar and step actions.

Remember to remove gravity and Vspeed once the character is in the floor.
Baif
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Kinne wrote:snakes rape you if youre naked. and level 3 is boring:P

Level 3 is the Boss battle room. No Boss = nothing to do.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:13 pm

I did some testing with the coding; every time I set up the gravity controls in the step action, the controls for left and right get screwy. All I set up in the Step action was to check for collisions and set the gravity if there is no collision.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PercentiledOne » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 am

Might want to change the setting of gravity from a step action to happen only on collision.

Also, might want to change your left and right arrows from Jump 4 pixels(left or right) to jumping 4 pixels(left or right) and 8 pixels upward, then "move to contact point" downward(max of 8 pixels). This isn't the best way to work it of course, but it will make your character take "steps", and if you're getting stuck in the floor for some reason(gravity always on, uneven floor, not using masks, whatever) this has a chance of lifting you out of it. Also works to have your character take ramps.
PercentiledOne
Participator

Postby Firon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 am

Thagrahn.....have you read the documentation for game maker?
Firon
---

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:43 pm

I've read the book that my GM6 lite came with, and downlaoded the sidescroller leasons.

If y: 10 if clear, then set gravity to 0.4
else set gravity to 0

If vspeed is larger than 10, set to 10
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Alright did a lot more work, got the Right and Left commands to work while on the bricks (and have an Idea how to fix up the blue hill things). I also did a little revamp on the main character, added a health meter, and now the snakes do damage.

Going to build a tile set to take the place of the hills and new objects (and turn my bricks into some invisable objects).

The newest version has been loaded to the first post, and all other versions removed.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KavenBach » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Hmm...

Sorry, but movement is NOT fixed. You can only move left and right, on bricks, AFTER YOU HIT YOUR HEAD ON A BRICK ABOVE. Otherwise you're as stuck with jump-movement as before. Probably something to do with a variable being on or off or something like that.

The snakes also did no damage that I could see.
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby Kinne » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 pm

i have no idea how to fix it, but i see what is wrong. you dont touch the floor until after youve hit your head on something, other wise you hover and can only jump left or right
Kinne
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game