Homeroe's vEngine BETA 0.5 [Yet another Game]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Homeroe's vEngine BETA 0.5 [Yet another Game]

Postby Baif » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:20 am

Homeroe's Vore engine:

Downlad on bottom.

Looks like everybody is into making games and stuff. After making one simple example of a platform engine for a user from here, these last days, when i was bored i kept tweking it every now and then.
Whitout me noticing it, it grew pretty good into a very flexible engine. So i decided to sprite some stuff for it and start polishing it.

I plan to make a Beat-em up "Sandbox Game", with RPG elements and, of course, vore in it. Ganing magic abilities or better stats from eating monsters (and people too) Also, you'll be able to import your own character to play with, and import custom monsters too. (If i figure it out how)

The engine is still in BETA 0.6 phase. The proyect is no longer active

Many graphics are just PLACE HOLDERS

Planed Features:

Platforming Basic physics (Completed)
HP/Stamina/MP System (Completed)
Active Break-free system (Completed)
Magic system (Completed)
Level up system (Completed)
Status upgrades (Completed)
3 slot Inventory system (Completed)
Equipment (Completed)
Heroine "Vore atack" (Working on it)
Attack/Defend (Completed)
Grabbing and throwing stuff (Completed)
Customizable Heroine (Semi-Complete, lots of bugs for now)
Texbox (Completed)
Climbing (Completed)

Monsters:
Currently i have very few (3 + 1 mini boss), im not that good spritting. They have 2 stats HP (Not yet implemented since there's no way to attack), and STR (The stronger, the less chance to break free his grip).

-Bernacle (It pulls you up whenever you touch his tounge). STR:1, HP:15
-Plant (Get near his mouth and you'll be in trouble, It shoots out some acid). STR:2, HP:15
-Tall flower er... thingie (It just grabs you around, the weakest of the three). STR:0, HP:10
-Mini boss (It randomly attacks you, it has a chance to grab you and eat you). STR:4, HP: 30

------ Sprite help ------

Monsters

Sprite sizes: (64x64) Max
Sprite animation: Max 4 frames

You only need to tell me what your monster want you to do, and i wil implement it to the game.

Weapons:

Now there are weapons to equip. They are basically made of one sprite. I put the template here if anyone feels like helping out with some:
Red cross: Point where the character grabs the weapon
Green square: Collision detection. Only this area will hit the monster

The one in the Test, is a simple wannabe badly sprited Wooden stick.

Status
There is a brand new status screen. Use the S key to check it out. You'll earn aditional stats points for each level up.

What they do:
Health Points: How much damage you can take, It also affects your escape chance rate and Stamina regeneration. if your HP becomes 0, you die
Stamina: Used to attack with your weapon and breaking free from a monster. Attacking while "Trapped", makes your stamina decrease faster.
Mana: Used for skills and magic (Magic Damage is affected by INT)
STR: Increments your escape rate and your output damage
INT: Increase your magic damage output.
DEF: Decrease any NON magic damage you take.
ATK: How much damage you make when you attack (Includes ATK from your weapon and STR)
Experience: Earned by killing stuff, every time you fill the EXP bar, you gain 1 level (Plus 3 Status Points)

Controls:

Z: Jump
Left/Right: <- / ->
UP/DOWN: Climb leadders
1,2,3: Change the selected item in inventory
Space: Break free
X: Attack with your weapon
C: Use your current selected magic
A: Talk to people
S: Check your status screen, upgrade your stats. Closes Status page.
9: Restart game
F4: Full screen (Recommended)

[On Status window]
Left click: Select skill
Right click: Get info about the skill

Link of download [Ver 0.6 (No longer in development)]
http://www.box.net/shared/mnb02z3e7d
Last edited by Baif on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Baif
Participator

Re: Homeroe's vEngine BETA 0.3 [Yet another Game]

Postby Liz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:27 am

i like it so far :)

Cant wait to try more.

I managed to get all 100 coins and im guessing thats the end of the demo?
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby PercentiledOne » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:39 am

Could I suggest adjusting your larger solid object sprites? They seem out of proportion with the rest of the stuff, as if they were zoomed in at 200% while everything else is 100%. Leads to some kinda jagged edges, and at least once I got stuck on a corner(I think the mask got caught on the 'rounded' corner, simply pushing the arrow to the opposite direction solved it).

I like the background and sound effects(though the coins are pretty clearly from Mario games, both in sprite and sound).

Currently the "inventory" does nothing. I assume you know that, but I'm interested to know what you plan on having it do. Up arrow as jump might not be the best way to go, usually another button(spacebar? W key?) seems a little more intuitive, particularly if you can climb or enter doors(not that I see that in this game).

I'm not a real fan of the stamina bar. Didn't like it in Secret of Mana, don't care for it here.

Also, occasionally the monster 'eating' isn't the one that 'caught'. Ran into one of the barnacle things, and suddenly transported into the 'tall flower'. First time I noticed that 'tall flower' actually has a digesting animation, since always broke free of it before.

I could offer sprites... but I don't think I could emulate your style very well, and I truely dislike it when sprites don't look like they should be from the same game and are(for example, the coins don't look like they belong with your girl or your monsters).
PercentiledOne
Participator

Postby didhejustsaythat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:51 am

well man, i like it a lot and am looking forward to the future improvement. it's far better than anything i could muster. really good work, seriously
DHJST
vore code: VC_3.0_55090999551167359711198_99193999691357359711397_93913378819998_991519971152559911999972799978548_8
didhejustsaythat
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Baif » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:47 am

PercentiledOne wrote:Could I suggest adjusting your larger solid object sprites? They seem out of proportion with the rest of the stuff, as if they were zoomed in at 200% while everything else is 100%. Leads to some kinda jagged edges, and at least once I got stuck on a corner(I think the mask got caught on the 'rounded' corner, simply pushing the arrow to the opposite direction solved it).

I'll see what can i do, im not so good spriter.

PercentiledOne wrote:I like the background and sound effects(though the coins are pretty clearly from Mario games, both in sprite and sound).

Playing a test with no goal is a bit dull, so i added coins just to mess around. :D

PercentiledOne wrote:Currently the "inventory" does nothing. I assume you know that, but I'm interested to know what you plan on having it do. Up arrow as jump might not be the best way to go, usually another button(spacebar? W key?) seems a little more intuitive, particularly if you can climb or enter doors(not that I see that in this game).

They do nothing still, it was just a test to see if i can implement some kind of array to store items.
Im used to UP key for jump in PC games, but i'll implement a Key config option later.

PercentiledOne wrote:Also, occasionally the monster 'eating' isn't the one that 'caught'. Ran into one of the barnacle things, and suddenly transported into the 'tall flower'. First time I noticed that 'tall flower' actually has a digesting animation, since always broke free of it before.

I just saw this error too. Forgot to reset the Id's of the capturing monster. gotta fix that

PercentiledOne wrote:I could offer sprites... but I don't think I could emulate your style very well, and I truely dislike it when sprites don't look like they should be from the same game and are(for example, the coins don't look like they belong with your girl or your monsters).

Well, as i said befre, im not much of a spriter, i made them just so i dont have to upload a demo with only place holder color blocks

I managed to get all 100 coins and im guessing thats the end of the demo?

Yep.
Baif
Participator

Postby Chaotic » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 am

Wow, this is great game. Unfortunately, I lack any spriting skills, so I can't assist you yet. Still, I wish you luck with the continued growth of this game.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorishartist » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:55 am

What language is the engine written in?
Please tell me it's not something made with game maker
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby PercentiledOne » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

For the oversized pixels in the solid plateforms, it's not spriting that you have to worry about. More like background tiling. Shrink them down, and if they're not the right size use more tiles to make the shape instead of increasing the size of the tiles.

Up key for jumping is alright, as long as you don't have anything more useful for the up arrow to do. Just mentioning it should you put in a climbing feature(like perhaps after the barnacles are killed their 'tongue' can be climbed up and down)

Nothing wrong with colored blocks if you're just doing the demo. Well... there is, since sometimes you want an animation check and the block does nothing. Still, blocks show you the mask and if you set animation keys in the blocks(a moving arrow appears in the square to represent what will become the walking animation) it should all be good.
PercentiledOne
Participator

Postby Baif » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Vorishartist wrote:What language is the engine written in?
Please tell me it's not something made with game maker

Vorishartist wrote:Please tell me it's not something made with game maker

I have bad news for you then :o

Just mentioning it should you put in a climbing feature(like perhaps after the barnacles are killed their 'tongue' can be climbed up and down)

I really like this idea
Baif
Participator

Postby Kalcon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:17 pm

The game is good for a beta, the only thing i can say that isn't up to par are the controls.they are a little slippery and some of the monsters are placed too close and make it hard to jump on ledges. Other than that its very good. Cant wait for the vore attack to come out.
Kalcon
New to the forum

Postby Mazodin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:43 pm

When I tried to use the tongue of the barnacles to get to a higher platform I couldn't do it easily because when I escaped I went of in a diagonal when I was expecting to drop strait down.
Mazodin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Baif » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 am

Engine UPDATED *0.4*

Well, i just updated the Test engine to Beta 0.4.

Whats new in this?

-Fixed bugs with collision, they are a little more precise.
-Fixed the bernacles: when you brake free from him, you no longer get "launched" to one side.
-Fixed The tall plants not checking if the player was still trapped within them, making you "teleport" to their stomach for no reason.
-Changed the tile set, now is smaller.
-Changed some code to make it run smoother.

-New Status screen, Press S to see it.
-New upgrade system, Check your status page, you'll start with one point for testing propouses.
-New Attack system, Press CTRL to attack stuff with your awesome wooden stick. Attacking makes your character stop for a moment.

*Note* There is no Attacking animation yet.

Check the first post for the download

Please, play and test for bugs. Thankyou
Baif
Participator

Re: Homeroe's vEngine BETA 0.4 [Yet another Game]

Postby squeekydragon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:17 am

I can't wait for some other creatures.
squeekydragon
Somewhat familiar

Postby nanakra » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:54 pm

So far so good.
Needs some more monsters and an expanded area.
right now there is no way to get 100 exp points.
Also, near the end of the level, it is impossible to go back and pick up any coins that you missed.
At any rate, good game concept so far.
Keep up the good work.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Baif » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Small update. *Beta 0.42*

-I Changed some of the level layout, so you can backtrack for the coins.
-Now you can level up.
-Minor fixes in the status page.

-As a test of the monster engine, i added another enemy as a "Mini boss" of the test level. (I still dont have the permission from Duamutef, but i hope hes ok. Anyways, if there's any problem in using one of his sprites, i'll gladly remove it. :D )
Baif
Participator

Postby Rayen » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:19 pm

I've been meaning to tell ye, this is a really nice platformer. I like it a lot. *Loves platformer games but can't make one to save his life D:*

Anyway, I noticed that if ye manage to land on the very edge of something, it messes up the movement and animation a bit. Nothing serious, but I thought I'd let ye know. I've only had it happen about 2 times, and it doesn't hurt the game much, I just get stuck for a sec.
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ryu8 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:11 am

Gives me an error message when the Kari kills me.

Still, great job so far!
Ryu8
Been posting for a bit

Postby gtsfan9 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Pretty impressive, looks professionally done. Great job for now. :wink:
gtsfan9
Been posting for a bit

Postby KavenBach » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:52 am

Yep, I also got the error message after the Kari kills her. At first glance I'd guess it's the Kari's "jump" toward the player that gets screwed up because the player object no longer exists (pretty much what the message says, anyway XP)

I can't test the attacks myself though, my CTRL button doesn't work, so can't help you on that one.
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby Firon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 am

it's nice so far.....but you need to fix that error with the Kari
Firon
---

Next

Return to Vore game