M/M Vorish Game in Progress

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

M/M Vorish Game in Progress

Postby Izzard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:54 am

I've decided to start making a side scrolling game with vore in it; its a normal game and all, so if its finished, it'll appeal to more than just people here, and as such, it wouldn't involve nudity or sex. It's planned to be something similar to Altered Beast. Fairly high resolution pixel art will be involved, and I personally want smooth animations, so anyone good at pixel animation is welcome to join in. But what I most need to see this though will be programmers/coders. I don't know how this will work, but I wanted to see if its possible to make our own engine for the game instead of using the fairly crappy solutions like Fusion GM.

Target audience is anyone who likes side scrolling 32 bit beat-em-up games...and us :P Planned is to have every enemy be capable of picking the player up and either swallowing them, or if the player struggles too much, beating them on the ground/with their fist/weapon until the players dazed, then swallowing them. You can do attacks, or struggle inside to damage and kill the creature to get out, or sit there inactive to let them digest you. Might be cool to make two versions of the game: one for here, which would include an option in the main menu to adjust what types appear, and how often.

I believe it'd be too much work to make multiple characters, so one would be decided on; probably something similar to a male character in Golden Axe or the one in Altered Beast.

As per my own feelings, I think the game would benefit from having a dedicated story line. Opening the audience bracket etc. and not focusing with an electron microscope on vore so it doesn't have the taint of a game fueled by hormones. As well, the game'll only include monster designs and species that would be good for vore.

This game will be a lot of work, but without work there is no reward. I'll be starting on some concepts for the characters. I'll get back to you when I've decided on a good grid size and number of colors to work with. It'll probably be along the order of 500x500 for characters or above for bigger enemies, and 1000x600 or so (to fit 16:9 aspect ratios) for the background.

As for the enemies, here's a current WIP list:
Lizardman
Orc
Ogre
Demon
Dragon (anthro/for a boss perhaps a feral)
Anthro Orca
Original monster concepts
Minotaur
Beefy werewolf (None of that Talbain skinny emo werewolf shit...)
Other aquatic anthros?
Shadow monsters a la Heart of Darkness?

I'm open to suggestions, but think along the lines of what'd fit in a fantasy game; don't stray too far from that concept or the game'll seem too contrived.

Thanks to anyone who supports the game. Remember, we need programmers the most, but we also need artists to get the animations done! One person working on a game never goes too well, usually the person gets frustrated and quits working.

Please contact me over MSN if you want to work with me: [email protected] , it makes sharing files easier...and please make sure you have some version of Windows Live Messenger or else file transfers wont work and we'll have to email or SendSpace the files.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Re: M/M Vorish Game in Progress

Postby Hongry01 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Looks quite good, hope this gets made :)

Suggestion(s) for character(s):

Anthro-Fox
Feral Dog
Feral Horse
Hongry01
Participator

Postby Izzard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Hmm, a Cerberus would work well for the feral dog...the horse though, that's iffy. The fox would have to be very large for it to work, like how Komamura was.

PS: I found a good freeware engine actually, it MIGHT be viable. It uses LUA scripting, so anyone who knows that, help would be nice.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sagey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:12 pm

hmmm... while reading this i got an interesting idea. maybe a venus fly trap or something like that? o.-.o
Sagey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryu8 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun! Shame I can't really help much beyond giving ideas.

Enemy suggestions:
Man Eating Plants
Hawk/Eagle anthros(or something that can fly)
Blob monsters
Ryu8
Been posting for a bit

Postby Izzard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

yeah those are good too...the carnivorous plants I forgot to put on the list to start with (but how would the Venus fly trap work? would it be a mutant with a very thick stem and you travel down it and digest in the base of the plant?), the hawk monsters would have to be adapted somewhat, but would work, and the blob monster things could be folded into the shadow monsters as a type of shadow monster. I've also started drawing up concepts for the creatures, and finished the concept for the ogre so far. I'm going to use it to test out gridsize and color pallets soon.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deioth » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:55 am

Should a free or easily accessible engine be used, I'd be willing to help out with programming. This would be an ideal project for me to self teach. I understand plenty of concepts and exceedingly basic programming, but I need to really familiarize myself with a language and truly learn how to code. I have Torque for 2D games from a college class, but I remember very little over all since it was more of a concepts class than a torque engine class. I'd also need the book for it since it has horrible and limited online tutorials and help.

I would like to recommend posting this thread here: http://theblacklabyrinth.com/forum - This is an all M/m furry vore forum. I'm quite sure you could find an interested artist or two, or programmer or two. I admin there. If you intend to make a M/m vore game, especially if furry focused, we'll all want to pitch in as much as possible ];8)
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Izzard » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 am

heh, of course we'd be using a free engine, otherwise I'd have to buy a copy for every single person working on it...and that's a no go lol

I'll probably post it there too then. How do you feel about LUA scripting? I have to dig a bit deeper to see what the engine can output graphically, but if it can do pixel animation well, then I think it might be our engine. I did look into Game Maker as per a suggestion from a friend on MSN, but that doesn't look like it could do what we want (at least without bitching crying moaning and generally making our jobs much much harder), so I think I'll stick to non-popular engines.

I'm 3/4 of the way through drawing the "sketch" for the ogre sprite now, btw. I'd say for larger creatures, like the ogre, 300 px height is plenty. The feral dragon of course though, that'll have to be much larger. Id guess the normal characters would be somewhere like 150-200 height. Of course, each one would vary in the width, as the weapons would take up variable amounts of space.

I was thinking that the combat should look similar to a fighting games combat, such as, say, the Guilty Gears, or Capcom vs Marvel, etc. Smooth, broad strokes, well defined animation, unlike the crappy traditional way; punch being 3 frames long etc. I also think that your moves should act like a fighting games' too; as in you can be facing back or forward, because some attacks leave you facing the opposite direction when they're done. And you can combo moves together, and of course you and the enemies don't loose health uber fast, like most beat-em-ups, where it takes one or two hits to kill them. Special moves aren't out of the question either, and block would necessary. I'm gonna say, perhaps give the main character a meter based on an equation that plugs in how much damage he takes and gives, and when it gets full, you can perform a flashy super attack that'd either kill everything onscreen or hurt a boss a lot.

One idea I've been toying with is making a non-quicktime event quicktime event for escaping being eaten. You get an onscreen prompt to hit spacebar or something, but it's not like a 1 nanosecond thing, it's for a second or so, and that pushes the creature away, and if you do that a couple times, you push them onto their back, where they're vulnerable to attack for a few seconds. The lower your health gets, the less time you have to do each "quicktime" event. The stronger the enemy, the more he'll push back, and as such, you'd have to pretty much have to get them all in a row, or you'd be stuck fighting against him until either you do or get eaten. Oh and the boss characters would be able to eat you without going through that. I guess to get out they'd throw you up. Also toying with the idea of a creature you have to kill from the inside.

EDIT: Also if anyone would like to help with the music, that'd be appreciated too; I don't really wanna compose every track and sound effect...that'd take forever for one person to do.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Izzard » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 am

Ok...I think I have a solution to a little dilemma Ive encountered; fanservice. So...the game will be including sexual content, just, you have to know how to get into a menu on the main menu, and then enter a short code to unlock it, otherwise it's a normal game. Also, a little something else I've decided; The games' sprites will be small, 50x50 small. The vore and other action will be displayed in an large animated illustration with detailed depictions of the characters laid on top of the screen. The sexual content is such: when you're going down, you can squirm around, increasing the creatures arousal, and when it get up high enough, the creature discards whatever clothing it was wearing, and jerks off while swallowing you. :P The more you struggle, the quicker he cums, and when he cums, you can escape easily, and get in a lot of free hits before he recovers.

As well, an update on the sprites: Ive finished the ogres icon base sprite, and I'm now designing the one you see in the rest of the game. Ill post these up when I've finished them to a polished level. If anyone has any tips on placing highlights, I'd appreciate those, the highlights are what're giving me trouble atm. I think it's the color Im using for the highlights that's doing it, but I really don't know.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deioth » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Hehehah, I had similar ideas for some vorish platformer game I've run through my head, where you'd have an arousal meter as opposed to the monsters. Could probably incorporate it both ways. Certain moves would increase arousal for the target, the self, or both. If grabbed, licking the one captured increases their arousal for example, and the prey would need to be stripped before getting eaten which could also increase it. I'd say, though, that if the pred reaches climax while eating the prey, he automatically wins. If climax is reached at any other point, the one who orgasmed is vulnerable for a short while, or cannot struggle when getting devoured or stripped of clothing, or immediately drops who he was grappling for consumption. We could also play with some ideas of what higher and lower arousal can lead to, perhaps higher arousal makes you a little faster and stronger and able to eat the enemy faster (though they wouldn't necessarily gain benefits).

I suppose, though, the only real thing to address would be how to determine if and when the player character can pred and when he can't. I suppose a good idea might be some manner of shapeshifting, where he's a normal human but needs to earn the powerups to shapeshift to eat things which IMO might to well to be the only way to recover health. Maybe that would be how higher arousal benefits you and you can shift if you're horny enough? The higher your arousal, the stronger and bigger you are when you shift, making all but the largest of enemies your prey instead of potential predator, and it'd also increase your arousal bar's max. Though, once you climax, or if your arousal is allowed to soften up too much, you'd revert back to human. A potential danger of shifting might be the loss of clothing, so that anything bigger than you that manages to hold you down or grab you long enough can immediately start eating but you'd retain the clothing you had prior when you shift back to human. Of course, you would be unable shift when being grappled or eaten ]X8D I guess you'd choose from an array of creatures what you'd shape-shift into when you start the game and otherwise have the generic human male.

I think I'll ramble on a bit more and suggest that, for those who prefer being predator only, there be an option to turn off the vore capabilities of the enemy, so they wouldn't try eating you. This is all to be seen how well that can be implemented, though, depending on what's decided in the overall gameplay.

Also, if you havent' seen it, this might offer some ideas for gameplay. It's a flash with tits, yiff, and more tits, but this one and the guy's castlevania-based similarly tits and yiff flash game have certainly given me ideas: http://www.funny-base.com/games/fifis-furry.html

And post about this on the Black Labyrinth already or I'll eat you before you can draw another monster ]:89~~~
Deioth

Postby Izzard » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:43 pm

no, that's just getting WAY too complicated and backwards now...
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deioth » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 pm

lol, I suppose so ]X8D Always good to get ideas out there and see what might be possible, at any rate.
Deioth

Postby Drakeero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:11 am

Here's my really simple idea on how to include sexual content. Both predator and prey have arousal bars that will work independant of the health bars.

The prey struggling both outside and inside the predator can increase his arousal. When/if he orgasms over the fighting arena, he gets a weakend penalty allowing the prey to escape and whoop the crap out of it. However, getting vored will also increase the prey's arousal. If the prey ends up squirting a big thick heavy load inside of the predator's stomach, he gets the weakened penalty and is unable to escape, period. Effectively ends the fight and gauruntees his death.

In short, it's like my favorite type of male rape... don't climax or else you're screwed.
Drakeero
Been posting for a bit

Postby Izzard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 am

hmm maybe, but not necessarily "you die if you cum"...that'd make the game too annoying with the recent changes i made. I decided to make this a full on RPG, (I'm getting a little more ambitious lol) with the ability to save and restart from any point in the game (not while enemies are around though), so that could make things very frustrating. I'm trying to incorporate vore into the game in such a way that its not the focus of the game, the GAME is the focus of the game. I've also been thinking about the password-to-turn-on-NSFW-content type thing in a secret menu on the main menu. It'd be something like typing a word or phrase that you could never accidentally do, and then of course, you'd have to enter another password, so it'd be impossible to accidentally turn nudity/sex on. Another thought is to make two versions of the game. Which would be better now; password system, or putting clean and NSFW EXEs up at the appropriate sites? I think I'm actually in favor of the clean/NSFW EXE idea. It WOULD mean changing everything in the game and then recompiling it, which would be a lot of work, but it's better than the alternative.

Also, does ANYONE else know any programming languages? I still need people with experience. Also, proxy screenshot of the game coming soon, I have to finish up the ogres sprite, and then I could post it. Though, I may create the main characters base sprite and put it in too before I post the "screenshot" here.

Also, jtlyk, there will be Easter eggs that I think everyone will enjoy ;) But, they wouldn't be Easter eggs if I told you what they were XD
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Izzard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Alrighty, update tiemz :D

First off, the proxy screenshot (this is used to test character sprite height to make a consistent scale, and overall dimensions of the game screen): http://www.sendspace.com/file/pvnawg

Secondly, the start of a song for the game: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fh37g0
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Drakeero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 pm

My suggestion was more for the fighting brawler game. Could you also keep an option on the side to have the 2-D fighter experience? Don't those games also have a sort of survival or single match modes? Just limit the perv material to survival mode and single matches. Enter the code, or use the alt .exe or whichever method you use and you get Xsurvival or Xmatch or something. Even if you don't take my perv idea I hope this idea could help get a more draconian pervy aspect into the game without ruining the RPG parts.
Drakeero
Been posting for a bit

Postby Izzard » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm

I know its been a while, but Ive tested and concluded that Ill be making this a DS game.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryu8 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:26 pm

DS game... as in a ROM for a nintendo DS emulator?
Ryu8
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Izzard wrote:I know its been a while, but Ive tested and concluded that Ill be making this a DS game.

Ummm... That sounds a little stupid.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Izzard » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Why does that sound stupid? It's the best option, seeing as all the other cheap/free 2d sprite based engines for the PC all suck too much. This way eliminates the need for programmers too. If you don't like it, fuck off.

And @ Ryu8, yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines of putting it on an M4 Rev or something like that; homebrew in other words.
Izzard
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game