Simple interactive story engine

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Simple interactive story engine

Postby randomer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

I created this out of boredom today (virus scanning taking a while :/), this is a program that may be useful to those creating interactive stories. It's console based though, so there's no little helpful gui. I've included the source code - in case anybody wishes to maintain or add to this in future. It really isn't much, but perhaps one or two writers can use it and make a creative story.
Attachments
IStory0.0.zip
IStory binary + source
(46.47 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Rad.Omer
randomer
Been posting for a bit

Re: Simple interactive story engine

Postby Generationslayer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:27 am

i will when i figure out how to run it on my computer
Generationslayer
Somewhat familiar

Re: Simple interactive story engine

Postby randomer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:44 pm

I hope that you haven't figured out how to run the program, rather that than it dosen't work. To run it, if you can't see file extensions or tell files by icons, you're looking to use an unzip program (windows xp and sucessors have unzip utilities built in) to extract the 'istory' (exe) file then open. If, however, you are using a non-windows system like mac, linux, etc you may need to build or have somebody else build the source for you for your system - however it may be more hastle than it's worth.

If, on the other hand, the program wont run, please let me know of any messages you're getting.

Let me know how you get on

:)
Rad.Omer
randomer
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game